• Published 13th Sep 2014
  • 427 Views, 15 Comments

Tales of AppleScratch: Return of the Dark King - The Batmane of equestria



Read the other AppleScratch stories for this to make perfect sense. This is the return of the Dark King, the one they call Sombra.

  • ...
9
 15
 427

Rise to power

Author's Note:

Yeah, I know I'm not as good a writer as MariacheatBrony is, but at least I try. Hopefully, we'll see some good action in this chapter.
I have noticed that I'm getting a lot of dislikes, so comment at the end of this chapter to tell me how I can improve.
17 internet points to whoever gets the reference in this chapter.

The train pulled into Canterlot station and the 8 women along with Spike ran out of it. They instantly froze in shock, staring at the scene that was being portrayed around them. It was like a nightmare.

The city was being overrun with large dark-purple shards, leaving not one building untouched. The populace was being chased by crystal and shadow based demons with glowing purple eyes. Those who didn't escape were captured and carried off, no doubt to the source of this trouble. The sun was not visible for the black clouds covering the sky.

"No..." Twilight trailed off, unable to comprehend what was happening before her. Shouldn't the Princesses be helping everyone? Where are they?

Vinyl started running and shouted, "Girls! Come on! We have to get to the castle! The Princesses could be in danger!" She didn't look back, but knew that, no doubt, they were all following her. She put on a determined face and sprinted as fast as she could, enhancing each step with her magic. Only Applejack was able to keep pace, running faster than was physically thought possible by any Eponian.

They reached the castle after a mere two minutes and barged through the gate to the entrance, which was left unguarded, which in turn worried Vinyl.

The duo reached a set of stairs leading to the throne room and launched themselves up them at a speed that would make the best of endurance runners jealous. As they reached the top, they heard footsteps in the foyer at the entrance to the castle, which they guessed was the other girls (and Spike) catching up.

The doors to the throne room were sealed shut with a purple crystal wall that was so dark, it was almost black. This was no problem for Applejack, and she launched herself in the air. She extended her right foot, turning to her side to provide stability in her kick. As soon as she made contact, the crystal shattered and the doors buckled and fell from the force.


1 minute earlier...

Sombra sat on his recently-made crystal throne, using his dark magic to see through the eyes of his puppets that were terrorising the populace. He smiled darkly at the mayhem, almost ecstatic that he had accomplished so much in less than an hour of entering the castle.

The frozen statues that were Celestia and Luna were either side of his throne, a grim reminder to all those that dared oppose him that he was more powerful than any force that they could put together.

His ears twitched and his head shot up. Is that... footsteps? He growled about the fact that, despite all he had done, there were those who were still willing to oppose him. He shot a beam of dark magic at the door, pulling them closed and sealing them with a thick layer of concentrated crystal.

He heard the footsteps reach the landing and smiled, knowing that they will have seen the door covered in crystal and will no doubt simply give up on their efforts. But he was surprised when he heard the footsteps continuing towards the door. What in the... He heard one set of footsteps stop, signifying to him that the person that the footsteps belonged to either stopped still or had jumped. Surely no-one would be foolish enough to jump at the door? he frowned at the thought. But, before he could shrug it off, the crystal cracked and shattered, and the doors themselves buckled and fell as if hit by a minotaur.

He looked in shock at first, but then his expression became amused and he chuckled deeply.

"A mere farmgirl and a punk managed to knock down my door? Now I've seen everything." He mused, mostly to offend the two figures who stood at the door. One was a large woman with rippling muscles, a shirt that was at least one size too small and denim shorts, her long blonde hair covered with a large brown stetson. The other was a slightly smaller woman, with spiky dark blue hair with electric-blue highlights, a white tank top and dark blue jeans. Both wore a similar angry expression on their faces.

Those angry faces soon turned into shock as they noticed the two statues either side of the throne.

Vinyl was the first to make the connection, having seen Celestia trapped in one of these prisons before. She turned to the armour-clad man at the throne and spoke as plainly as possible, with an undertone of uninhibited anger. "Sombra, I presume?"

"KING Sombra, to you, peasant. You are quite astute." Sombra stood up off his throne and grabbed his sword. "And who might you be?" He said in a mock-pleasant tone, ending with a small chuckle.

"Your worst nightmare." Vinyl said, extending both arms. Her hands were coated in a light blue aura as light blue tendrils came into existence. They then started to vibrate, creating a high pitched sound that caused Applejack to cover her ears, along with the council members who were still on their way up the stairs.

Sombra simply remained standing, feeling no effect from the sonic attack. When Vinyl had finished, he chuckled again.

"That was impressive. My turn." With that, he roared so loud that it caused Vinyl and Applejack to fall on the ground. He then swung his sword, bringing it down on the ground beneath him and causing a crystal barrier to keep Vinyl away and to keep Applejack in.

Said woman stood up and readied her fists. Sombra threw his sword to the side, removed his metal armour, replacing it with black clothes, and put his fists up in preparation for the upcoming fight. Applejack lunged first, throwing a punch straight at Sombra's face. As she neared her target, she suddenly switched attacks and brought her left fist up in an uppercut into Sombra's chin. Sombra remained still the entire time, a smug smile on his face. The punch connected, but Sombra remained standing while Applejack clutched her hand in pain, the mangled fingers a clear indication that she had broken her fingers.

Sombra held up his hand in front of Applejack's face, holding his middle finger down with his thumb. He straightened his thumb, allowing his finger to spring forward and into Applejack's left cheek. The simple flick connected, but sent Applejack crashing into the wall of the crystal barrier.

The council members had arrived at this point, and were surprised to see Vinyl lying on the floor in pain, and the Armour-clad villain fighting Applejack within a crystal arena. They could only stare in disbelief as the villain flicked Applejack, sending her cascading into the wall.

Twilight acteds fast, charging her magic for a teleportation spell, the likes of which she has never done before. She channeled all of her magic into her hands, and her nose started to bleed from the sheer concentration. Her head was swirling and her magical reserves were being depleted. Can't... give... up... need to... save... friend.

On the other side of the wall, King Sombra jumped into the air and brought his fist behind his head. He fell forwards, extending his arm as he did so. He smiled and shouted, "FALCOOOOON PUNCH!" before hitting where his opponent was with everything he had, sending himself crashing through several floors, only to find that she was gone, as were the women (and boy) on the other side of the wall.

Impossible. She can't have teleported. Perhaps I underestimated this woman?

Comments ( 15 )

To be honest, I have no idea why your story has such a large dislike to like ratio (Perhaps it's the Romance tag). Even though you are making Sombra slightly op (and I bet there's a good reason behind that), the grammar isn't too bad and the spelling isn't half bad either. (Though you did sort of underplay Celestia and Luna. They are the goddesses of this world and have gotten rid of Sombra before.)

I'm still saving my rating, though. I've just been viewing this story from afar. Also Eponian. Epona. Legend of Zelda refrence, to Link's horse, I believe.

5035719 I didn't create the "Eponian" part. It's part of the canon AppleScratch stories created by MariacheatBrony. Sombra is also OP for a reason, which I will leave you to guess. Also, I do realise I kinda downplayed the princesses' parts but it had to be done in order for the story to progress otherwise it would be over before it began.

5035801
Ah. I'm sorta new to this whole.. Applescratch thing. Apologies. I really only view Sombra fics strictly. hahaha i know I'm a sad human being

5038368 you should read them. They are very good.

Hmmm I'm intrigued by this op-ness of the character... :pinkiesmile:
It definitely won't make it to the canon of Apple Scratch verse, mainly cause my plans for sombra are even more darker than reigning over Canterlot (MOUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA).... but it could be a great story :twilightsmile:

I don't really see why you get so many dislike and that no one explains it... :rainbowhuh:

The Falcon Punch was a bit too corny for Sombra to do though... I would expect that from Pinkie or Discord... Maybe that's the missing link :rainbowwild:

5051210 falcon punch was just a small reference I decided to put in. His OP-ness is all part of the scheme

this story...this story has annoyed The Goddamn Batman

5698800 Meh, it was a lost cause anyway, doomed to fail from the start. You can't replicate the style of a masterpiece unless you are the artist him/herself, and I am most certainly not Mariacheatbrony. Though whether or not you are annoyed is irrelevant, because I'm Batmane.

5701260 your comment is illogical, because I am THE GODDAMN BATMAN, good day

5701268 clever, this is a contest that will have no end, you protect Equestria and ill protect Gotham, feel free to visit Gotham anytime, just don't do the wrong thing.

5701274 Well, if it's any consolation, I haven't tackled a DA-turned-psychopath of a tower or beat a man who needed a breathing apparatus yet, so there'll be no issues with killing people. Feel free to visit Equestria, too.

5701281 I have a portal to Equestria, so I shall

5701285 Excellent! The justice-inducing-billionaire-potential-sociopaths have been doubled!

Login or register to comment