• Published 18th Apr 2012
  • 3,170 Views, 22 Comments

Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons. Competition Compilation - Katarn



Compilation of short stories, from competition in PH comment thread

  • ...
10
 22
 3,170

Showtime by Jeremy Rush

Pained sobbing filled the dark room, occasionally punctuated by a hiccup. The abused zebra filly was spattered with blood, tears, and other bodily fluids. Her mother lay next to her. Bound, gagged and beaten, she was forced to watch the numerous atrocities performed on her foal. But her attention was focused elsewhere at the moment, at the unicorn buck standing in front of them.

He removed the gag from the mare. She flinched, jerked, and was met with the butt of a revolver cracking against her temple. The zebra swore in her native language, and the filly began to sob louder.

“Cute,” the unicorn said. “Now shut that thing up, we have some business to discuss.”

“What more do you want from us?” the mare replied, nuzzling her child. “You’ve already taken everything. You murdered my husband, burned our village and raped my daughter.”

A schink, then a scream, and the zebra was left looking at the handle of a combat knife sticking out of the spine of her filly. She would never walk again.

“You know exactly what I want, bitch,” he said. “The megaspells. We know they are being launched soon, but when? I want specifics. Speak anything but a date and the next blade goes into her eye.”

“You monster! I-”

Schink.

No scream this time. No sobbing.

“Now, one last time,” the buck said, pulling back the hammer on his revolver. “When do they fall?”

“Forty eight hours. The cleansing comes in two days. You are too late to stop it.” the zebra said, in an emotionless tone.

“A pity, but it isn’t in our best interests to stop it. Thank you for your cooperation,” said the buck. He holstered his revolver and walked out of the room, leaving the mare with her child’s corpse.

“Tell the O.I.A. its showtime,” he said to the bucks just outside. “Leave the bitch locked in the room, but feel free to have a bit of fun. After all, we’ve only got two days until the end of the world.”

Comments ( 9 )

Some great short stories here.:twilightsheepish:

Thanks for posting all this up. I kinda wish you had included the proper formatting as well (i.e. the bold and italics in my story), but it was probably a pain in the ass to get all of this posted in the first place. So I thank you again for the effort.:ajsmug:

If you wish, I could go through every story and add bold/italic everywhere, where it must be.

at the moment i don't have much time to go through all this, was there an open 300 word contest on the fallout:E source or something? probably missed it but probably would have participated, oh well, until next time. thanks for this post and thanks for all who did send their stories in.

Just as a little detail to where this contest came from.

About a week ago on the Project Horizons' comment thread at EqDaily, I suggested we have a 300 word FOE short story contest to past the time while we waited for the next PH chapter. Everybody figured it was a good idea, then WavemasterRyx said he would donate the prizes. First place being a drawing of the winner getting hugged by Rampage while the second place winner got a hug from Psychoshy. That really got people's attention. I came up with the ground rules like setting the word limit(300+/-50 words), made sure rape and gorn fics were not allowed, and nominated the judges(who unwittingly accepted the nominations), and after a week we had twenty submissions. Crazy how these things just happen, huh?

To anybody who didn't hear about the contest and would have liked to have entered:
I am sorry, but maybe this will encourage some more of you to visit the PH comment more often. You never know what you're going to find there. Maybe it'll be another contest, some interesting theories about the story, or even a discussion on the meaning of life. No matter what it is, you're bound to find something interesting there.

By the way. If we submitted this to EqDaily, do you think they'd give it its own post?

It would likely go into the sidefic thread

I must know who is that Zebra Filly in the cover art who looks like :twistnerd: and what is her story? I never saw here in any of these.

fanfic of a fanfic of a fanfic. Wowzers! Life sure is strange!

Login or register to comment