• Published 18th Apr 2012
  • 3,170 Views, 22 Comments

Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons. Competition Compilation - Katarn



Compilation of short stories, from competition in PH comment thread

  • ...
10
 22
 3,170

We Don't Need Another Hero by Doctorkaba

They found a small hill overlooking the raider camp that terrorizes Fate's lone caravan. Because of the raiders, the town could only send out a single caravan once a week. Two of the four guards in Fate were sent with the caravan on these "Caravan Days."

Back Fire quickly set up her antimaterial rifle on the edge of the hill. "I can see about twenty of them," she whispered, "They haven't noticed us."

The stallion lied next to her. He took out his varmint rifle and peered down the scope. After observing the raider camp he remarked, "There aren't as many as I thought there were, maybe radscorps got some."

"We won't get a better opportunity, let's do this!" Fire whispered excitedly. This was her chance to be like the heroes of the Waste DJ Pon3 kept broadcasting about.
Aiming at one of the raiders, she fired and the guard's head exploded. Suddenly the raiders started swarming, looking around wildly until they saw the reflection of the sun on Fire's scope.

The varmint rifle let out a quieter sound as raider was hit in the chest. The pair kept shooting the unorganized raiders, taking out half of them before they made it to the base of hill. Waterloo heard something behind them and let out a shout as he turned his head. He grabbed his pistol and shot a raider a few yards behind them, and saw nine more raiders charging past their fallen comrade.

"AMBUSH!" screamed Waterloo as a raider charged into him, stabbing repeatedly with a rusty knife.

"Waterloo!" Fire yelled with tears in her eyes, she turned towards the knife wielding raider as the original raiders finally made it up the hill. They tackled her and proceeded to cannibalize her and worse. She reached towards Waterloo, to feel his touch one more time as a raider stabbed a spear through her hoof.

"I'm sorry…" she whispered to the stallion as the light faded from his eyes.

Once the raiders were done they looked at the town. The brighter of the raiders had just realized something very important… It was caravan day.