• Published 18th Apr 2012
  • 3,169 Views, 22 Comments

Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons. Competition Compilation - Katarn



Compilation of short stories, from competition in PH comment thread

  • ...
10
 22
 3,169

FoE:PH Contest - Fallout Equestria: Wannabe by TheHolyTuna

With a gun barrel against your head and a blindfold pulled tight, all you can do is count the seconds until the swing of the hammer. I know the weapon; IF-11 'Minotaur' semi-automatic, short recoil operated, loaded with one hundred sixty five grain jacketed hollow point cartridges fed from a standard 7-round detachable box magazine into a five point zero three inch long barrel with a rifle rate of one in sixteen inches. I know this, because it is my gun. I also know just what a point four five calibre round accelerated to eight hundred twenty five feet per second can do to a pony's skull, that pony being me and that skull being mine.

I know lots of things, none of which made my choice any less stupid. In theory, running through a radscorpion nest was a brilliant idea. In theory, Equestria would never fall beneath a blanket of biomagical radiation, either. But to hell with consequence; if I'm dead anyway, I'm going to make killing me as inconvenient as possible.

I hear them mutter something in hushed tones, as if I might run and tell somepony. Not that I can. With broken legs and a slave collar pressing against my neck, there are very few places I can go. I feel the muzzle draw back, and let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding. Then the gun impacts against the back of my head and I collapse a twitching mess. Twitching and laughing. Squirming in a pool of my own blood and filth, and I'm laughing uncontrollably.

Thousands of caps in weapons and armour, with the best bounty hunters this side of Hoofington, all wasted on a wannabe vigilante trying to get his name on the radio. The gun is against my head again, and they're shouting. Shouting at me! ME! All the nameless wanderers in the wasteland, and they're threatening me! I hear the hammer drop and the primer ignite the charge, and wonder if the Stable Dweller ever has days like this.