• Published 18th Apr 2012
  • 3,169 Views, 22 Comments

Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons. Competition Compilation - Katarn



Compilation of short stories, from competition in PH comment thread

  • ...
10
 22
 3,169

Sterling's Folly by Guarddogjr

“Let’s check out the old Ironshod factory, you said, It’ll be fun!” said the olive unicorn as he fired another burst from his assault carbine.
“Quit bitchin’ you can kick my flank when we get home” A silver colored unicorn said as a ruby beam flew inches past his head. There was an audible pop as a protectapony exploded.
“I think that was the last of them, OD” he shouted from behind a large desk.
The pair of unicorns approached the three downed machines.
“How did I ever let you talk me into this, Sterling?”
“Because if you didn’t come, mom would've killed you.”
“Right” the olive buck sighed.

The brothers made their way up to the executive office and heard the sound of metal hooves patrolling the hall. OD reloaded his carbine and peeked around the door, “ alright it’s just one this time, now stay here while I deal with it, I really don’t need you drawing anymore attention to us.” He rolled his eyes as his brother snapped off a mock salute.

As OD crept from the door he raised his carbine and fired off two bursts, reducing the robot to a pile of scrap. He poked his back in the doorway, “come on, squirt, let’s go.” he whispered and continued to creep down the hallway. As the pair slowly traversed the corridor when Sterling heard more hoof steps.

“ Oh goodie more of’em, can I get this one bro.”

“ No”