• Published 18th Apr 2012
  • 3,170 Views, 22 Comments

Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons. Competition Compilation - Katarn



Compilation of short stories, from competition in PH comment thread

  • ...
10
 22
 3,170

Monster by Mel

She sniveled once behind a large, shaggy wall. The furry shelter imitated her sob, poorly.

“I not ask again, Marc Anthonie. What behind your back?”

“N-Nuffin…”

The fur wall shifted. Around it came a hulking, hairy monster that lunged for the filly. Before the hellhound had her, she was swept into a more defensive set of furry arms.

“No! She just a puppy, small and weak! I can take care of her and feed her and dogs teach her to be good! Please don’t take! Can’t hurt puppies!”

Marc Anthonie took several steps back, holding the child defensively. The filly cowered in Marc’s arms, decorated with somepony else’s blood.

“Marc Anthonie, ponies get big. Ponies iz monsters. You not change monsters. Give us the pony.”

Small tears splashed on the top of the shaking filly’s head as Marc Anthonie began to slowly back away. “She just puppy!” he repeated, “She not bad! Can’t hurt puppies!”

The hellhound looked sadly at his heavy companion. He avoided Marc Anthonie’s gaze while gesturing to the others who had come to watch. “Gentlemutts,” he ordered softly.

Marc Anthonie was built like an ox. It took several of the valley dogs to restrain him. When they did, one of them obediently brought the small filly to the leader. She was screaming for her mother; you didn’t have to be a pony to recognize that sound. Just by holding her, the leader’s claws drew rivulets of blood.

“NOOO!” Marc Anthonie thrashed and struggled to break free of his brothers and sisters.

“It for your own good, Marc Anthonie.” The leader looked into the filly’s eyes. His voice grew lower and lower until it was difficult to tell if he was still talking to Marc or himself. “Pony grow up, hurt dog. Always hurt dog. ‘Cause pony is monster.”