• Published 18th Apr 2012
  • 1,174 Views, 13 Comments

Flutterstorm - Fish Taco Truck



Fluttershy teaches Rainbow Dash to play Stormball, and helps her make it to the top.

  • ...
0
 13
 1,174

Chapter 1

The next day was full of both excitement and sorrow for the whole of Ponyville's sports fans. The excitement was obviously because of the third championship win in a row. The sorrow was because of Lightning's injury. She was confirmed to not be able to play next season.

Twilight was walking down the road, when she saw an enormous crowd of newspaper reporters crowded around the large house Lightning Striker called home. Rainbow Dash spotted her, and motioned for Twilight to come. They were crouded around a stallion on a podium.

"Now hold on, hold on." The stallion said. "I will take any questions you have to ask about Lightning individually. Please calm down." He sighed, as the crowd erupted again. He finally chose a mare.

"Do you have any idea how this will affect Fillydelphia next season?" The mare called.

"Me and Fillydelphia's coach have discussed about it, and we've agreed the main Thunderclap will be taken off the team." The unicorn adjusted her glasses and used her magic to scribble down something on the paper. He picked a stallion reporter to the side.

"What is Lightning's condition at the moment?" He yelled.

"She's been doing well." The reporters scribbled as he talked. "Her left wing has been broken, but she is in a fairly stable condition. Her wing should come back in to place in due time." He said. He finally chose a unicorn stallion near the middle of the crowd.

"Who is Ponyville's new Flash-reciever to be?" He said.

"Well..." The stallion thought for a moment. "We don't know. Honestly, we haven't made an arrangement in the past for a replacement. We will probably hold try-outs sometime in the autumn." The stallion quickly pointed to the back, where Rainbow Dash was standing.

"Who IS Ponyville's Thunderclap?" She yelled to him. He looked down and shifted his hooves.

"Well... I'm not supposed to say her name, only that she goes by the name of Thunderheart." The stallion said. The crowd erupted in anger. He finally yelled out to the crowd. "Please, we won't be taking any more questions!" The stallion retreated through the gate of Lightning's estate. The crowd finally dispersed, filing away from the small estate.

"Unbelievable!" Rainbow Dash said to Twilight, following her on Twilight's market trip. "We lose our star player, and they barely tell us anything about it?"

"I agree Rainbow." Twilight said, placing some bread in her saddlebags. "Who will be playing next season for the team?"

"Who knows? What other Stormball athlete could top Lightning Striker?" She questioned.

"Well, you could."

Rainbow stepped back at the notion of this. "I couldn't do it, I've barely played Stormball since Speedster's school. Even then, I've never considered playing in the EQUESTRIAN league!"

Twilight looked at Rainbow quizzically. "You're fast, athletic and you have a great sense of sports! I have no idea why you wouldn't take this job."

"Well, I just think I don't want to kill the spot." Rainbow said.

"You could ask other pegasi for advice." Twilight stated. "They might know how to play."

"That might work." Rainbow said. She then took to the sky.

"Where are you going?" Twilight yelled up at her.

"Where do you think? To find the Stormball players!" Rainbow said. Twilight sighed, as the eager blue pegasus dissapeared behind the clouds.


Fluttershy had a workout attire on. She had a headband on, as well as wraps around her hooves. The basement in her cottage was nearly a storage garage. It was stocked with food for her many animals, as well as pieces of food for herself. She had made a large pile of flour sacks, and was assaulting it with all her might.

Can't let Lightning down. Have to win next season. Fluttershy thought, letting out a vicious yell as she barreled in to the pile of flour sacks, sending them flying. She was covered by a fine white dust, when she heard a knock on her door.

"Fluttershy, you home?" It was Rainbow Dash. Fluttershy knew she couldn't show herself to Rainbow in her gear, as it would be a dead giveaway she was doing something. She quickly pulled off the workout gear, and began to gallop up the stairs.

"Fluttershy?" Rainbow was opening the door, when Fluttershy met her halfway, pulling open the door.

"Hi Rainbow!" Fluttershy said, shaking. "H-How's it going?"

"Are you okay Fluttershy? You're shaking up a storm." Rainbow said.

Fluttershy laughed at the pun. Keep it cool, Flutterstorm. Just stay calm. "Um, yeah. I'm fine. What did you want Rainbow?" She said, opening the door slightly for her.

"Well, I wanted to talk to you." She said. Rainbow quickly trotted in and lied down on the couch. Fluttershy floated by and sat on the chair opposite to her.

"About what?" Fluttershy said, finally able to look calm and collected.

"Well, it's about a game called Stormball." Rainbow said. Fluttershy's throat tensed up, as she thought her secret life had been found out by Rainbow. She took a gulp and thought for a second. Just be clueless. She thought.

"Yes? What about it?" Fluttershy finally said.

"Well, I want to try out for the part of Flash-reciever next season." Fluttershy had a start by this, due to the fact she was on the team that had an open slot for Flash-reciever.

"Um..." Fluttershy was shaking again. "Well... um... why are you asking me? I don't even play Stormball!" She said, nearly shaking out of the chair.

"Oh... alright then." Rainbow said, trotting out. "Well, see you later then."

Fluttershy sighed, and then walked back downstairs to her cellar. She had angel help her set back up the flour sacks in to a literal wall. She continued her usual piling at the wall, until she heard another knock on her cottage door. She fluttered up to see her agent, Archibald Starwing.

"Fluttershy, my faithful mare, how is it?" The smiling face of her agent made her even more depressed about Lightning, and he finally picked up on it. "I'm... sorry, about Lightning."

"It's fine, Star." Fluttershy said. She had nicknamed him Star, just because "Archibald Starwing" was too long to say. "Why are you here?"

"Well, you'd be happy to know this season was profitable as the moon for you." He opened his breifcase, and began tapping on his keypad. Usual Star. Numbercrunching as always. He finally stopped.

"That comes up to about 30,000 bits this season." More than usual, she thought.

"Why so much?" Fluttershy asked him.

"Well, 60 takedowns and 12 intercepts, that comes up to about 30,000 in total." He said, smiling and closing his briefcase. "Which will be a total of 23,500 bits for you."

Fluttershy smiled and nodded. "You know I'm not much in it for the money, Star."

"Well, it certainly helps." They both took a small throat laugh to each other. Starwing straightened his tie, and got slightly serious for a small time. "How has Lightning been?"

"Last time I checked, she was fine." Fluttershy said, sighing. "Her wing's pretty badly damaged, though."

"I talked with her agent. I have no clue what to do about this. We have no replacement, no kind of pegasus like her, ever to be able to replace Lightning." Starwing said, looking down.

Fluttershy's mind instantly drifted to Rainbow. She wasn't going to get Rainbow in to the Equestrian league to quickly, but she might have had something of an experience in a sport. Tell him about Rainbow. A part of her was saying. The other part was saying: No, it could completely ruin your reputation if she doesn't do well! It was her selfless part against her selfish, and both had valid arguments.

She went with the selfless side. "What about Rainbow Dash?"

"The element of Loyalty?" He asked. "In Ponyville? Is she at all athletic?"

"As in racing, yes." Her selfish side made her want to not be held accountable for any mistakes she might make. "As in Stormball, I have no idea how much she's played." She stopped for a second, and finally added in: "Also, don't tell the coach I suggested her.

"Alright then Fluttershy." Starwing said, as he walked out. He used his magic to close the door behind him.

Fluttershy sighed, checking out her peephole for any more potential "guests". After a minute, Fluttershy finally walked down to her cellar, and continued barreling herself at the pile of flour sacks, until the velvety night fell on Equestria, and she nearly collapsed from exhaustion.

No pain, no game. Fluttershy said, repeating an old saying from Iron Will that actually was helpful. She dozed off without trouble.


The night was fairly new, and many ponies were still milling about. Rainbow Dash and Twilight were in her library, with a warm fire in the fireplace, and a hearty meal in her belly. They were watching the ESN on Twilight's magic intently for any news about Lightning.

And to end the nightly sports report, famed Flash-reciever for the Ponyville Hornets will be confirmed out for next season, due to her broken wing. Try outs will be starting in 3 months for the next season. Blazewing said, looking across from him. Joining us today is Archibald Starwing, agent for the head Thunderclap for Ponyville.

Star was sitting there, looking intently at Blazewing. How are you doing tonight, Archibald?

Quite fine. Star said, settling in his chair.

As the manager for Ponyville's other star player, do you have any idea what will happen to the spot of Flash-reciever? Blazewing said.

I've gotten a few suggestions for ponies around the town. Star said, sitting up. Specifically a cyan pegasus named "Rainbow Dash".

Rainbow froze. Twilight looked at her with mouth agape. She didn't even hear the rest of the report, as she was too awestruck to know that anypony had suggested her for Stormball, a sport she had never played. She was athletic, so it was obviously an assumption.

She had no idea how to play the game.

Rainbow quickly flew upwards, sending her sandwhich one side, and Twilight's drink the other. "What?!" Twilight questioned.

"I have no idea how to play Stormball!" Rainbow said, dragging her hooves down the side of her face.

"Well then why would a pony suggest you?" She questioned.

"I have no idea! It was an assumption on my athletics?!" Rainbow landed on the couch again. "What am I going to do?"

"Learn how to play Stormball?" Twilight said. Rainbow looked at Twilight with a Duh. look on her face.

"Well YEAH. But who could teach me Stormball?" Rainbow said.

"I have no idea, but you should probably find out within 3 months." Twilight said.

Rainbow sat down and relaxed, while Twilight switched it to her favorite pony show Married with Foals. Rainbow flew out, and Twilight was just cleaning up for the night. She told spike to handle the rest of it.

Rainbow Dash: Flash-retriever of the century. Twilight said. She giggled, and drifted off to sleep

Comments ( 9 )

I wanna play too... but good work sir, you hsve earned a moustache.:moustache:

474504 I respect thy moustache greatly good sir. :moustache:
But may I ask: Who would you be? A thunderclap, Flash Receiver or a Rainphage (I've yet to use Rainphages, because they use the water in the storm clouds... and I thought it would be more interesting to leave them out until later)?

In any case, Chapter 2 should be up on Saturday-Sunday time. :eeyup:

475529 DAWWWWWW
DAAAWWWWWWWW
You sir have earned a moustache.:moustache:

476138 Thank you, sir. I've had a pretty crappy day on the internet. What with having to deal with jerks all over Fimfiction and the bane of the internet; youtube.

Just one of those days, I guess...

And thank you, I will use it to increase the size of my fluffy-stache.



~Jack

no new chapter ??

576224 Sorry.
Things irl have dominated my time... and sadly, it's been hard for me to get working on a chapter.
Even then, my fucking computer decided to crash when I was nearly done with it. So yeah.


Or... one of my cousins may have done this.
i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w397/conchord91/crazycomputer.gif
-FTT

576582 cant see the pic i think u upload to imgur .. man i wanted to know the reaction to RD know that Fluttershy play the sport..

576582
I' sorry for your loss.
This, however is a supreme triumph of D'aaww, sqee and :yay:

When I read the blurb I guffawed a' la Brian Blessed.
Read it and whose wholly satisfied with that assumption.

Login or register to comment