• Published 18th Apr 2012
  • 1,175 Views, 13 Comments

Flutterstorm - Fish Taco Truck



Fluttershy teaches Rainbow Dash to play Stormball, and helps her make it to the top.

  • ...
0
 13
 1,175

Prologue

"And the ball is in the air!" the announcer said. Twilight was able to use her magic to project a screen, to watch the Stormball Equestrian championships. Rainbow Dash, Applejack and Pinkie Pie cheered, while Rarity clopped her hooves together. Fluttershy was... strangely absent.

"They're off! Lightning Striker is getting a good assist from their thunderclap, and OOOOH!" The announcer yelled, as the thunderclap (a roll which took down ponies mainly) took out the pegasus who was carrying the ball. The Flash-reciever, Lightning Striker, swooped down and scooped up the ball.

"Go Lightning!" Rainbow Dash yelled.

"Looks like Lightning Striker will- what is this?" The Fillydelphia's main Thunderclap began to catch up to lightning. "Looks like the Fillydelphia Thunderclap is going to take down the Flash-reciver- hold the phone!" The Thunderclap from Ponyville caught up ground, slamming her body against the enemy thunderclap. "Looks like the Ponyville Hornets are gonna secure a point!"

As the point scored, and the horn blazed, yelps and hollers of excitement could be heard throughout Caterlot and Ponyville, and possibly to sounds of disappointment from Fillydelphia. Rainbow Dash jumped up in excitement. The game went on like this, and at halftime, the score was 8-6, with Ponyville in the lead.

"And to bring the 3rd quarter in to halftime, it seems that the Ponyville's thunderclap has taken quite a beating. She's a worthy opponent on the field! Join us with Buck Stagson for the halftime report." Unicorn magic had just been found to be something of a television, and was being used to the full extent to broadcast games like Stormball across the land.

"Wow! That Thunderclap is quite a bruiser." Twilight said. "I wonder who she is." She had just pulled out her horn, as the halftime report was just coming up in 5 minutes.

"I'm not sure, but whoever she is, Fillydelphia is playing like they're just throwing theirselves at an iron wall with her around." Rainbow Dash said as Twilight levitated 4 glasses of water to her friends, and gave 1 to herself. The ponies waited anxiously for the report to come. Finally, a sense of magic came in to Twilight's horn.

"Alright everypony, it's time!" Twilight said, and everyone began to watch the flickering screen projected off of Twilight's horn.

"Welcome back everypony to ESN, Equestria Sport's Network. I'm Blazewing and I'm joined with Buck Stagson." The red pegasus announcer gestured to the blue unicorn across from him. "How are you doing today Buck?"

"Very fine, thank you." Buck said, smiling. "This game is certainly looking up to be an interesting one to say the least."

"Why is that?" Blazewing questioned.

"Ponyville has two elements that Fillydelphia does not." Buck said, settling in his chair. "See, Ponyville's Flash-retriever, Lightning Striker has been measured for 19.4 wingpower, a feat only matched by the Cloudsdale Crusher's Flash-retriever years ago, Bale Hoofstrong. Her awareness of the field is absolutely incredible as well."

"Yes, and I think we all remember Bale Hoofstrong's amazing record of 198 points during the 8th season of Stormball." Blazewing said. "What is the other element?"

"The thunderclap, who people have taken to calling her "Thunderheart". This Thunderclap is amazing. She's taken down 56 pegasi this season, nearly getting taken out for the season for inadvertently breaking a Flash-reciever's wing." Buck looked down and smirked. "Fillydelphia has neither, and I think it will get Ponyville the 3rd Stormball National cup in a row."

"Well we will certainly see. We have 5 minutes until the action starts again. Join us again on ESN!"


Fluttershy heard the hoops and hollers of the crowd, sitting above the locker room for the Ponyville Hornets. The halftime show was Sapphire Shores, and the Gems. She was putting back on her Stormball gear, when she heard a sound behind her. It was Lightning, putting on her gear as well. She turned and saw Fluttershy staring at her.

"What's wrong Flutterstorm?" Lightning said, snickering. "Ready for the next 3 quarters?"

"I guess." She said, shifting around her hooves. "I just wish I could be at home with my friends."

"Well are they watching you?" Lightning said, taking a swig of water.

"They told me they were watching the championships. I haven't really told them I would be playing, though." Lightning let out a stream of water from her mouth, and she looked at Fluttershy.

"You haven't even told them you're a world famous Thunderclap for the 2nd time champion team from Ponyville?" Lightning said. She put on her helmet. "You're a strange mare, Fluttershy."

"Well my name IS Fluttershy." She said, putting on her helmet. "How do you think your friends would react if you're a kind pony, and have a secret life knocking ponies down for a living?"

"Good point. I think we're on." Lightning said. She flew out on to the field, with Fluttershy following close behind.

The grey field below was just starting to get lightning charged by the many pegasi. The rest of the team was huddled up, and Fluttershy and Lightning flew up to meet the coach.

"Alright Flutterstorm," The coach said. He presented his board. "I'm going to call out a good cut and loop technique. Lightning, make sure to be ready to retrieve the ball. It's a come in from the cold tactic." The coach said. After rambling on for a minute, the whistle finally blew, and they were ready to begin. Fluttershy stationed herself between the left and right Thunderclaps. The Fillydelphia Cumulus had the ball.

"Cloud, 28! Thunder, 16! Hike!" And with that, the horn blew and they set off.

Lightning instantly ducked underneath the clash of Thunderclaps. Fluttershy soared over, and the Cumulus threw the ball to the Fillydelphian Flash-reciever. Fluttershy instantly picked up on this, slamming her body in to the Flash-reciever. The ball simply floated in the air, until Lightning scooped it up and began to break for the goal.

Just as she was doing so, the Thunderclap was piling after her. Fluttershy intercepted him, and they were put inside of the storm. Fluttershy's hooves were to strong for the other Thunderclap, and he sent him down, using him as leverage to take off.

Fluttershy came up just to see Lightning piling over the enemy's right Thunderclap. Lightning saw Fluttershy, lobbying the ball to Fluttershy. She caught it, soared over the two, and took the ball in to the goal. The horn sounded, and the score switched out.

A fair amount of the game went this way. At the very end of the game, 6th quarter, there was a turn of events. The score was 21-21, with the two teams tied. The coach was getting desperate, and Fillydelphia was as well. Lightning was soaring over the conflict in the middle.

The enemy's 3 Thunderclaps were barreling after her. Fluttershy took down two with a single headbutt, and they fell. She went after the third. The gap was closing quickly. That's when it happened.

The enemy Thunderclap used his hoof to kick Lightning at the base of her wing. There was a popping snap, and she let out a bloodcurdling scream. Fluttershy got there just in time to shove him straight in to the wall.

"FOUL!" The referee said, flying over to the camera. Lightning was caught just in time, before she hit the floor of the stadium.

Fluttershy let the Thunderclap go reluctantly. For a while, there was absolute silence. The referees were talking amongst eachother next to the unicorns. Finally, the main referee flew to the middle of the field.

"Red card on Fillydelphia. For the intention of breaking the Flash-reciever's wing, Fillydelphia will be forced to concede. Ponyville Hornets win." This erupted hundreds of boos from the Fillydelphia team and supporters, and whoops and hollers of the Ponyville supporters.

Fluttershy bolted to the medical wing, while the rest of the team took a victory lap. The doctor showed Fluttershy to Lightning, resting in a bed.

"Lightning, are you alright?" Fluttershy said. Lightning was in a splint with a wrap around her broken wing.

"Well, I've been better." She said with a shaky laugh. "Moronic pegasus broke the wing."

"Then you won't be able to play next season!" Fluttershy said. "What are we going to do?"

"Well, you have to find someone else to be the Flash-reciever." Lightning said, resting her head on the pillow. "Season has to go on. Did we win?"

"Yep." Fluttershy said. Lightning thrust a hoof in to the air.

"3 time champions." Lightning said, sighing with relief. "You should get out of here, they're going to transfer me to the Ponyville hospital."

"Alright. Bye Lightning." Fluttershy said. She walked out of the clinic and under the stadium in to Canterlot. She knew that they had won the championship for the 3rd time in the row, but at the cost of their only Flash-reciever. How could they win next year now?

She boarded the train with her team mates to go back to Ponyville. The train began to rev up, and finally lurched to a start. As all the other members were chatting with their fellows, Fluttershy's seat next to her was empty. Where Lightning was supposed to sit.

Rainbow Dash. Fluttershy had a sudden though come to her. The cyan pegasus pony could easily replace Lightning as Flash-reciever. But has she even played before? Fluttershy thought. She rested her head on the windowpane, watching the gleaming lights of Canterlot fade behind the mountain.

Savor the victory, Flutterstorm. Fluttershy thought to herself, beginning to drift off to a nap until they got to Ponyville.

Savor the Victory.

FLUTTERSTORM