• Published 15th Aug 2014
  • 1,674 Views, 39 Comments

Sun's Fire - Discordia5



Eris wasn't always so alone, at some point she was happy. At some point Solaris came into her life.

  • ...
8
 39
 1,674

Bonus: Whatever Did I Do?

Whatever Did I Do?

Dusk Shine and his friends left the castle and out to the labyrinth without hesitation and with determination in their eyes, they wouldn’t let their prince down. Solaris watched them go from his window with a thoughtful and slightly saddened frown. He turned from the window and walked sadly to the middle of the room. “Alright Eris, I know you’re here!” he called. “Come out!”

“Hmmm, you just love spoiling all my fun, don’t you Solaris?” Eris’ voice echoed around him as she slowly faded back into view.

She floated in mid-air her hands behind her head and with a kind of bored smirk on her face. She had a wine glass filled with chocolate milk in her griffin claw that she swirled around absently, waiting for him to say what he had to say. Solaris looked at her and saw something different than the one he had fallen in love with. This “new” Eris had a newfound confidence in herself, probably from ruling over Equestria for a few years thinking she had scared him and Artemis off until they found the Elements. It was one thing to have confidence; however her level was near cocky and arrogant, nothing like her younger self. “Eris, you must stop this,” he said.

Eris rolled her eyes and poofed away before reappearing on his throne. “I think this throne suits me nicely, don’t you?” she asked and draped herself over the arms. “Sure it could use a few changes, but I think I look good on it.”

Solaris growled angrily. “Eris, stop this foolishness now!” he said once again.

“Foolishness? Now that’s just mean, Soly,” Eris said and poofed out of the throne to hover just above his head. “You used to like my little pranks.”

“This is far from a prank, Eris,” Solaris said and looked up at her. “Stop this whole mess now and we can talk this over, we can-.”

“Save it, Solaris!” Eris spat and poofed back down to the floor, still hovering a few inches over it. “What, you thought that just because I came back I would forgive you?”

Her eyes hardened and her fists clenched as she crossed her arms over her chest. “That everything would go back to normal, because I had a one thousand year time-out?” she continued.

Now she started to stalk around him like a timberwolf. The frown on her face turned into a menacing and venom-filled grin. “Or did you think that after a few… tearful and near-heart-filled talks that I would come back and express my love all over again?”

Solaris’ eyes closed slowly and he tried to hold back the tears, he didn’t know. “Oh yes, Solaris,” she hissed in his ear. “I could hear everything. Your pathetic pleas, your whiny confessions, and I couldn’t help but notice that I was still turned into stone!”

Now she stood in front of him and glared at him. If glares could kill came to mind. Solaris looked up and glared back at her. “You knew I couldn’t do it!” he growled through his teeth.

“Why not?!” Eris asked. “It would’ve put so much more emphasis on how much you missed me.”

“I did miss you!”

“LIAR!!”

Solaris stopped and stared at her. “One thing’s for sure, Soly, things will be far from normal once I’m done with this place.”

Solaris was horrified and stunned. No, he hadn’t thought that things would go back to normal, but he had expected her to be a bit softer. It seemed that the years encased in stone hadn’t improved her at all. If anything it had made her cold, hard, bitter, and cruel to the world around her. “Please Eris, I beg you, I implore you to stop this now and let me help you,” Solaris tried again.

Eris burst out laughing! “Oh that is precious, Solaris!” she cried. “How can you help me when you couldn’t even help me before? Hey, you couldn’t even help your own brother!”

That remark stung, but Artemis was better now. He had learned and he had seen the error of his ways. “Oh, but that’s just you Soly,” she continued. “Always on this futile crusade to help those in need, even though the ones most in need are right in front of your stupid nose!”

The last few words were delivered in a snarl. Solaris flinched at her verbal attack, but didn’t make a move to defend himself. In so many ways he had failed as a ruler, as a friend, as a brother, and even as a lover and he had no one to really blame, but himself. Eris scoffed and finally started to use her legs to pace in front of him. “Without your precious Elements, you’re as weak and vulnerable as I am,” she said. “Come on, why don’t we settle this without those pesky neck accessories,” she growled.

Solaris looked up and shook his head. Eris scoffed again and started to float back up and to her window. “Please, Eris you should know by now that what happened was an accident, a mistake, a misunderstanding,” he said.

“Perhaps,” Eris replied.

“If you stop this we can start over, be stronger than ever,” Solaris tried.

Eris looked down at him then at the floor until he heard a low chuckle from her until bubbled up into full blown laughter. Tears leaked out of her eyes and she held her sides. “Oh that is priceless!” she said. “Come now Soly, that time is long past. I had a thousand years to get over it and so did you.”

“…You used to call me Shiny,” Solaris said as he looked up at her with a forlorn expression.

Eris looked down at him with an expression that he couldn’t really read, all he knew was it was very devoid of emotion except for mild annoyance. “You used to love me,” she whispered and continued to float there.

They stared at each other for a few more seconds before Eris looked at her wrist that was devoid of a watch and gasped. “Oh look at the time!" she said. "It's well passed disorganized and moving swiftly to chaotic and I still have your precious ponies to disharmonize, see ya on the dark side Soly.”

With that Eris snapped her fingers this time leaving for good. Solaris lowered his head and sighed. The Eris he knew was gone and was replaced with this confident, bitter, and proud Eris. It was a shame really, he had loved her a long time ago, but now they both knew that time was over and the future didn’t hold anything for them.

Author's Note:

I reached 500 views a few days ago, so I decided to celebrate this occasion by giving you all a bonus chapter! I feel like this dialogue between the two be they Solaris & Eris or Celestia & Discord had to happen in order for my own ship to happen. They both had to move on from each other and this talk had to have happened at some point. Anyways, I hope you enjoy it!

Comments ( 1 )

*Sniff* :fluttercry:
I'm not crying! Just....
:raritycry:

Login or register to comment