• Published 6th Aug 2014
  • 1,298 Views, 35 Comments

Maud and Cheese - rhony



Maud and Cheese meet by chance and discover they were meant for each other.

  • ...
5
 35
 1,298

Chapter 10

When Cheese woke up in complete darkness, it took him a second to remember where he was. Then it took another second for him to register that there was a pony snuggled up to him, with a hoof over his body. He froze, and then relaxed as memories of the previous night came back to him.

It had turned out to be a very good night, after all.

Cheese was contemplating going back to sleep when he heard some banging noises in the distance. Maud must have heard them as well, because she groaned and moved, and then groaned again.

She’d not a morning person. I’ll have to remember that, Cheese thought to himself, smiling a very wide grin in the dark.

Maud turned over and turned on the flashlight. The banging continued. In the pool of light, she looked around and then at Cheese.

“I think they’ve found us,” she said. She stood up and began smoothing her mane with her hoof. “Um, you might want to clean up a bit, as much as you can.”

Cheese blushed, and worked on his mane and fur, smoothing it as best as he could.

The banging had gotten louder, and there was a small sheen of light around the wall of rocks that once was the entrance to the cavern. In the distance, he could hear a familiar voice.

“Maud! Cheese! We’re coming for you!” Pinkie was shouting at the top of her lungs to be heard over the clamor of the rocks.

Finally, a hole of light appeared, and then was enlarged as rocks magically moved out of the way. As soon as the space was big enough, Pinkie Pie bounded through it, followed by Twilight Sparkle, whose horn was still glowing.

“MAUD!” Pinkie shouted, landing on her sister.

Maud seemed to be used to this treatment, because she simply said, “Hello, Pinkie. How did you find us?”

Pinkie bounced off of her sister and back on the ground, while simultaneously taking a deep breath.

“Well you see first there was my Pinkie Sense that went off and I knew something was wrong but I didn’t know what and so I found Twi and asked her what she thought and then we thought about it but I couldn’t figure it out until the pegasi from your carriage came to the castle and said that you had never come out of the forest and there had been an earthquake so of course we all came as quickly as we could but it was dark and we had to wait until morning but then we sent search parties down each of the trails and one of them found your picnic basket so we put two and two together and here we are!” Somehow, Pinkie had managed that extra-long sentence without a second breath. She made up for that now, breathing in and out several times.

Twilight watched her in amusement. “Well, I’m just glad you are all safe.”

Cheese turned toward Twilight and bowed. “Thank you for rescuing us, your highness. I am so sorry for the trouble…”

“Nonsense,” Twilight responded. “You didn’t cause the earthquake. And you can just call me Twilight. I hear you are practically family.” Twilight said that with a twinkle in her eye as she took in Cheese and Maud’s rumpled appearance.

Cheese blushed and looked at Maud. Maud smirked.

“I hope so,” Cheese said, and then realizing his intent could be misconstrued, continued. “That is, I hope that Maud will agree to be my special somepony.” His eyes were bright and hopeful as he watched her.

Maud looked at him with a half-smile and an arched eyebrow. “I think I already am your special somepony,” she replied, somewhat suggestively.

Cheese blushed even harder, but started to bounce up and down. However, he was outdone by Pinkie, who let out a whoop and grabbed Cheese with one hoof and Maud with another. “I KNEW it would work out between you two. You guys make the CUTEST couple!”

“Um, Pinkie?” Maud said. “That’s great, but do you think we can get out of this cavern now?”

Twilight laughed and ushered them out the new tunnel and into a brand new day.

Comments ( 9 )

4871949

"Maud and Cheese" is supposed to be reminiscent of "Mac and Cheese" -- you know, opposites that go well together! :twilightsmile:

4924728
Hope you like the rest of it!

Well that was a cute story :) good work :D

4925983

Thanks!

I spent three days writing the rock songs -- lots of Internet research to learn about the rocks!

Best,
Rhony

This, just by the virtue of being more than 90% correct grammatically, is better than half the fics out there. When I was told to read this fic I, to be honest, was expecting something less.

Good work. A bit cheesy, but well :derpytongue2:.

4947707

Thanks! I'm happy to take comments on any grammar mistakes! :twistnerd:

Will there be a sequel? Please write a sequel! I can't live without a sequel! Okay, maybe I could, but this was a brilliant story. It would be really nice to see a sequel.

4978361
I'm curious as to what you think of the rest of it.

*crashes through the nearest window and slides from the momentum towards u*

HOLY FUCKING SHIT

okay, first off, this is the first good fic ive seen for these two. every other one either has a shit story, shit grammar, or both. but no, not this one. this is fucking amazing. u characterized them so well, u described maud's personality perfectly without making her some rock maniac, u made maud come out of her she'll but not be a terrible ooc mess, u made cheese a partying mess but still left in her child personality of being rather shy and described it perfectly with groups vs one on one, and u managed to write having a crush so perfectly from both ends, with blubbering love struck goof and in denial but slowly being like 'fuck it i wanna snuggle the nerd' without missing a single fucking beat. u put it amazing amounts of detail without making entire paragraphs dedicated to someone's eyes

overall this is fucking amazing and i plan to check out ur others works. fucKING BRAVO

Login or register to comment