• Published 31st Jul 2014
  • 710 Views, 10 Comments

Shape-Shifting101 for Changelings. - FluffyDoom



Tippy the male changeling was very excited. Today was the day he would begin his life as a teacher, a useful tool for the hive. And he wouldn't be just any teacher, he would teach those bugs how to morph!

  • ...
0
 10
 710

Chap3: Teachers Comparison (and a little extra side thing)

Chapter 3: Teachers comparision.

Changelings didn’t have the best education, or the greatest education system, this fact was well known throughout not only the hive, but Equestria too. So often during lunch, teachers would try to compare what they knew in an effort to “smarter” themselves.

Tippy grabbed his two love crystals that were for lunch and walked leisurely into the teacher lounge. It was a cozy little room that could fit every single teacher in the hive into the room, all 17 of them.

“So, that little hatchling thought that she knew math better than I did!” The math teacher, Celio, complained. “I told her, two plus two doesn’t equal four, it equals five!”

Tippy cleared his throat awkwardly, considering he was the new teacher he didn’t have as much authority. Still though, he needed to correct this changeling! “Um, that little hatchling was right. Two plus two is four. Not five.”

Celio glared. “Big difference, one number.” He growled.

Tippy sat down and put a love crystal to his horn to feed, and said, “Actually, the difference is big! If we want to become smarter we can’t say things like that anymore. We have to stop such thoughts if we want our hive to excel!” Just then he jumped up and struck a heroic pose.

“Stop being so dramatic!” One teacher called out and the rest got back to lunch.

Letting out a breath he sat down and ate the rest of his love. Negative and uncaring bunch they were!

Lunch carried on as teachers compared teaching methods and the grades of their students. The grades of the hive were as low as ever, with little to no improvement from the past few years, and grades dropping in classes that miss Miss Grizzle no longer teached. All except his because today was his first day teaching.

After the older teachers were done comparing it was his turn.

“So, Tipster, you heard how our classes have dropped any grades.” Duff smirked. “Well, except for those that Grizzle teached, but was an exceptional teacher. Why do you think we need to change our way of teaching, huh?”

He stood up and sucked in his breath, just to let it all out in one long speech. “Ok, don’t call me “Tipster”, and yes, Miss Grizzle was an exceptional teacher! She was the only teacher to have ‘lings in general improve their grades, and you wanna know how she did that? She used her brain!” He hit his head to emphasize it. “She used this fantastic muscle, that you all seem to be ignoring and not using! All you guys are doing is following the same drab path, while she was unique, and thought outside the box!”

“What box?” One teacher murmured in the background.

“The metaphorical box of ideas!” Tippy exclaimed. “So should we! All you guys do is follow a plan, but I don’t plan on following that rode. I want to help these younglings improve, I want to help them excel, I want to help them become the confident changelings of the future!”

Celio stood up and snorted. “The future is just that though, the future. We must think about the now.” He argued. “Because we are living in the now!”

Tippy was not about to back down, he was ready to use his brain! “And soon we will be living in the future.” He challenged. “And the present will be in the past. We must stop thinking like this, it wont help us improve, it can only bring us lower. To prove my point, I am going to make a wager.”

“Ohhhh!” A teacher squeaked, much like a young changeling. “I love those things!”

Celio smirked again. “I am interested.”

Tippy looked him straight in the eyes. “Celio, if I can’t improve my changelings grades from the standard grades, then I will kiss a pig! If you lose though, you have to retake the teachers course, and convince Grizzle to teach you.”

The crowd oohed. Celio grumbled. “Fine, but that pig you kissed has to have just rolled around in mud and eaten.”

The two shook on it and all the teachers left the lounge.

Tippy was walking back to class when he spotted the nurse attempting to get his attention.

“Oh, hi!” He greeted her, noticing she was wearing a pretty flower tucked next to her ear. It added charm to her he felt, and when he sniffed, he figured it must have been a real flower from the smell.

“Hey Tippy, how are you?” She greeted him casually.

“Oh, good, um sorry about my class earlier.” He awkwardly rubbed his neck with his hoof.

She waved a dismissive hole filled hoof. “Think nothing of it, those guys let you off easy. Listen, by now the whole hive has heard of your bet, annnnd, I wanna help you with it!”

He stood there, dumbstruck. “R-really? But you are just a nurse!” He stuttered.

“And you should know, mister teacher, that there are only 50 nurses out of 4,205 changeling in this hive.” She said. “I want to see if I can recruit a few younglings, see if they are interested at all. Our healing techniques are mediocre at best, and if I can pass on my knowledge early, maybe they can learn more later?”

He grinned gently. “You know, I like you more than all the teacher combined because of that there speech. So few out of all the changelings are open to any change, despite the fact we need it!”

She nodded. “Yeah, it kind of stinks that their have been little to no improvements in any fields except teaching, and even then that was only one changeling. One grumpy, mean, old, terrifying, granny of a changeling… I mean Miss Grizzle is so kind and sweet! Just like pie.”

“Just like pie indeed!” He agreed swiftly.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiing! The bell went off and he sighed.

“I better get back to class, considering we only have one whole day out of the week to teach our subjects I need to make the best of it, and pray those younglings like me enough to spare me of that bet…” He shuddered and walked off.

Thankfully they had not heard of the bet, yet. As he walked into class the only chatter he could hear was them talking about the death of a recent celebrity, apparently he had died while they were taking lunch.

“He… He was my favorite!” Jiggles sniffled. “I will sure miss Robert Willy.”

Tippy had heard a bit about it, but had not paid it any mind. Suddenly his heart went out to the grieving young ones. They all looked miserable, and some had tears in their eyes. An idea sparked in his mind.

“Attention class.” He began slowly. “It has come to my attention that beloved comedian and actor, Robert Willy’s, has died. To honor his memory, I would like you all to take out a piece of chalk, and draw a flower on the corner of your desk. Hopefully he can smell them from his resting place in the Up.”

“Bu-but they are just chalk flowers!” One bawled. “How can he smell them?”

He looked at her sadly. “A spirit is not like living creatures. They love thoughts, because good thoughts make good spirits stronger, good spirits like him. And the flowers you draw are going to be filled with thoughts of love for him, thoughts and feelings. Think of him as you draw these flowers, and he will smell them, he will smell the love.”

Slowly each changeling drew their flowers on the desks. Many were wobbly, while a few savants managed to draw exceptional blooms. As they drew, Tippy went over in his head what he knew about the actor.

Robert Willy was 63, a bit wacky, and loved to make jokes. He was also the only good hive actor for a long time, and generously led a class to help others excel at the acting arts. He sounded like a good changeling, and even the queen will miss him.

Author's Note:

So the last bit with the Changeling actor "Robert Willy" is actually my way of saying. Well shiz, Robin Williams has just committed suicide. It has been reported recently that Robin Williams, actor and comedian of age 63, has recently killed himself, today. Lately he had been battling depression, and I guess it had overcome him. Anyway, the last part of this chapter is dedicated to the comedian actor, may he rest in peace! I didn't know much about the guy, but I did love his work.

P.S. Yes, I know how this is a bit bad, doing this to my work and putting in that last part, but this is my work, and ultimately, what I put in it is my choice alone!

Comments ( 2 )

Wait, they only to to school one day a week? What are they doing every other day?
Well it seems there are now only four thousand, two hundred and four changelings now. Could have put a stronger Changeling spin on the world's version of Williams, they would more likely have used phrases like, "he was a great infiltrator, who always kept his target's suspicions low with his funny wits and excellent acting skills. He was an inspiration to us all." but it's ok as is I guess.
Keep going! ;)

Will this be continued or is it dead?

Login or register to comment