• Published 21st Jul 2014
  • 572 Views, 3 Comments

Twilight tries to illegally download a movie - iseeblackandwhite



Piracy is sharing....Twilight is sharing

  • ...
3
 3
 572

Sharing is caring

It was a beautiful day in Ponyville. The sun was shining. Birds were tweeting and a certain Lavender pony was counting her collection of horror films while housed in her library.

"Lets see, Idle Hooves, A Haunting in Conneticolt, Colt's play, The Foals of the Corn, A Night-mare on Hay Street, The Silence of the Shee-", she read the titles of the films aloud as she scanned her shelf and I'M not going to waste my time trying to come up with clever pony puns to the story. Anyways, the list went on until she stopped at The Neighing. Twilight had completed her collection. That is until her eyes fell on an empty space in her horror movies collection. You heard me, Empty space. Twilight's eye twitched as she looked at the empty space of her horror movie collection. A huge organized horror film collection and there was a gap. Twilight began sweating profusely as she kept glancing at the gap causing more sweat to come out of her pores. I didn't even know ponies had pores.Then an idea popped into her head.

"I know! I'll fill that gap up with a rare edition!"

She trotted over to her computer. How does she have a computer? I have no idea. Pressing the keyboard with her hooves( I have no idea, don't ask) a website popped up. With a few more clicks a film popped up. The Appaloosa Manesaw Massacre! A film that was pulled out of circulation Tweny years ago . Only One-hundred and Twenty-three editions are in circulation. If she can find one copy she'll complete her collection.

"Lets see, one copy of The Appaloosa Manesaw Massacre is worth Forty-Five Thousand bits?!" she couldn't believe it, she didn't have enough bits for a single copy. She's going to have to fill that space up with.......a knock-off. She glanced over at her shelf. A look of disgust on her face. She turned back to her computer screen. Sighing, she began to exit the browser but an Ad caught her eye. A site that allowed you to get movies. Any single film at the touch of a button. She can do it, right? No, she's a student of Celestia, she has to be a good customer. But it didn't matter if the film wasn't in mint condition, she has a few films that aren't in that condition on her shelf. Her entire reputation is at stake! Wait, she'll ask someone who is an expert at this.
_________________

Up above Ponyville, a Rainbow-maned cyan Pegasus mare slept on a cloud. Snoring once in a while. A Purple alicorn struggled to flap her wings as she tried to stay afloat. Jabbing the sleeping Pegasus with a hoof.

"What?" the Cyan mare said half-asleep, "Oh hey Princess Twilight."

"Rainbow Dash, you don't have to be formal," the purple Alicorn replied before landing on the cloud as Rainbow Dash yawned, "I need your help."

"What type? Do you need me to fight someone, hoof-to-hoof combat?", Rainbow dash replied before taking a boxing stance and shooting out some of her hooves emphasizing to her knowledge of "Hoof-to Hoof combat".

"No, you see I have horror movie collection and I need one but I can't find it anywhere. And since you're an expert at "sharing", maybe you can help me?

"Oh,.you mean pirate?"

Rainbow Dash was met with a hoof stuck into her mouth.

"Not so loud! Listen meet me at the library in a few minutes," she said as Rainbow Dash nodded in response.
__________________

A few minutes later, Twilight was sitting at her couch waiting for the arrival of Rainbow Dash. A few minutes later, a knock was heard as she opened the door ready to greet her friend.

"Sorry I took so long but I decided to draw the cover of the film you're "sharing", Rainbow Dash said as she held up a crude drawing of a stallion sawing through a pony with a chainsaw. Twilight will get her a therapist later. She motioned her over to her iBigmacintosh.

"Ok, so what do I need to do?" Twilight said

"Ok, first click that," Rainbow Dash said pointing her hoof at the screen, "Then that." The mouse moved toward an icon that said "Utorrent".

"Are you sure?" Twilight remarked.

"I'm sure," Rainbow Dash said, "Now click it."

Twilight moved the courser and clicked the icon. A message popped up.

"Would you like to download "The Appaloosa Mane-saw Massacre"? I guess so?" Twilight clicked as a message filled the screen.

Download in progress 0%

"I-is it working?"

"Yup, you're learning from the best pirate in all of Equestria!" Rainbow Dash grinned at the screen.

"A-are you sure? I won't get in trouble?"

"Rainbow "Danger" Dash never gets in trouble," Rainbow Dash said before glancing at Twilight, "What's the worse that can happen?"

"I-isn't this stealing?" Twilight whispered, "I mean we are downloading a movie."

"Twilight, Twilight we're not stealing! We are sharing," Rainbow Dash replied. Glancing over at the iBigmacintosh. The downloadbarely reached One percent.

"Ugh, this download is taking forever!" Rainbow Dash groaned before slamming her hooves on the keyboard.

"RD! Stop you'll break it!"

"Sorry, I tend to get carried away when something is downloading for a long time."

"Listen, I asked you if you can help me because I heard you were an expert at this."

"Of course I am Twilight! I downloaded everything. I got all the web editions of Daring Do and all the video games based on her," Rainbow Dash said while giving a cocky grin, "And I did it all with the push of a single button."

Twilight rolled her eyes as she glanced at the screen. Two percent.

"You're right RD this download is taking a long time.

"Maybe you need to delete some files?" RD said before flying toward the mouse and began clicking documents. Twilight froze. She did have some very personal files. As the Rainbow-maned Pegasus began deleting files her eyes fell onto one. The yellow manilla folder icon read "Private".

"Hey, Twilight do you need this one?" Rainbow Dash asked her friend. Twilight winced at what her friend said. That's when Rainbow Dash did the unthinkable. She opened it. The screen was filled with pictures as Rainbow Dash's mouth fell open. Her face held a look of shock before it was replaced with a grin. That grin turned into laughter as Rainbow Dash burst into it. It filled the room as Twilight turned red.

"Man, Twilight you're one sick mare," Rainbow Dash wheezed out before bursting into more laughter. A purple hoof shot out as Twilight began closing the document.

"Hey, what gives?"

"T-that's for research purposes."

"Sure," Rainbow Dash said through bouts of laughter. Twilight blushed before snatching the computer mouse and checking the download.

"Barely Five percent!" Twilight said angrily, "Ugh, this is taking forever!". Twilight finished before slamming her hooves onto the keyboard. That's when she heard it. A beeping sound. Her left eye twitched in furstration. Glancing over to Rainbow Dash she winced. She was on her iPony. Her hooves touching the screen.

"Rainbow Dash? What game are you playing?" Twilight asked, her voice holding anger and frustration.

"Oh? Um, what? It's, uh Angry Phoenix! You have to launch birds at a Diamond Dog castle and kill them."

"Are you using the Wi-Fi?"

"Um, maybe I am," Rainbow Dash gulped nervously, "It's not like it slows down the download."

"It does!"

"No ,you're bucking stupid." Rainbow Dash replied before a purple aura surrounded her i Pony. It was snatched out of her grasp.

"Hey!"

The iPony floated over to Twilight as she used her hooves to fiddle with the device. Looking at they network connection settings, she saw Rainbow Dash was connected to her Wi-Fi. Sighing, she disconnected the Rainbow Mare from her internet. A few seconds later Rainbow Dash caught her device in her hooves as she hugged it.

"Great, I was stuck on a level and was about to beat it." Twilight rolled her eyes before glancing at the screen. The download was speeding up. A few minutes later it reached Ninety-five percent. Then the screen flashed.

Download complete

"It's done!" Twilight clapped her hooves in happiness.

"What're you waiting for? Start that baby up!" a hoof slammed down starting the film. A knock was heard at the door.

"RD, check who it is." Twilight said before glancing nervously at the screen. Rainbow Dash peered through the window. Her eyes met some ponies clad in armor. The Royal Guard. Rainbow Dash's eyes turned into dots as she screamed.

"I-it's the guards! Get rid of the evidence!" Rainbow Dash screamed before flying around the room in a panic. Twilight was already tossing away stuff. She began getting her DVD collection and incinerating it while Rainbow slammed into computer and shut it off. Unplugging the iBigmacintosh she heaved it up in her hooves.

"RD! What're you doing!" Twilight shouted to her friends.

"This computer is main evidence we must dispose." Heaving it around. Her hooves shot out and the computer flew across the room. The computer shattered through the window as it landed outside on the streets of Ponyville wires, plastic and glass flying everywhere. Twilight sighed a she trotted toward the door. Her hooves unlocked it as she glanced at the guards.

"Princess Twilight, we have a message from the Princesses asking that you come toward Canterlot for a meeting. Your carriage is ready for your trip." the guards said before glancing at the computer strewn in the street before looking at each other. Trotting away Twilight looked at them. Mouth agape. A nervous Rainbow Dash behind her.

"Heh-heh maybe we did overreact." Rainbow Dash laughed nervously as Twilight's eye twitched. Sighing, she began making her way to the carriage.

Author's Note:

Expect an epilogue and an alternate ending soon. Anyways if you can name all the films I referenced I'll love you forever!

Comments ( 3 )

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Login or register to comment