• Published 30th Oct 2011
  • 1,486 Views, 8 Comments

Hooves, hands and living dead - remsaman



Twilight has a spell to try out, and it actually works! But is all really as expected?

  • ...
 8
 1,486

Blood stains and colored manes

Twilight studied the night sky with her telescope, looking at the night sky's wonderfully painted portrait of stars. She looked through her books, studying different constellations and formations. Spike prodded her side

"Ugh, Twilight, when are you going to sleep? It's almost 3 in the morning..." Spike yawned

"I'll be done soon, I just gotta finish- Ooh, whats that?" Twilight's head recoiled, before moving back to the eyepiece of the telescope

"What's what?" Spike tried to push her out of the way so he could get a look, but Twilight didn't budge an inch.

"Look at this!" Twilight finally let spike look through the telescope, she pulled a stack books up to stand on and peered through.

"I don't see anything, what are you talking about?"

Twilight's horn glowed, and the magnification on the telescope increased "Look, right there!" In view was a planet, maybe twice the size of Equestria, with multiple continents, surrounded by water, frozen lands on the top on and bottom of it.

"So it's another planet, what's your point?" Spike asked

"My point? This is a huge discovery! Another planet! It looks like we might even be able to live there, should we ever need to" Twilight bounced around the room in excitement

"But why... Equestria is just fine."

"Look closer!" Twilight used her magic on the telescope again "Do you see that grey line, right there?"

"yes....."

"It's a wall! But what could have built it? There must be some sort of sentient life!"

"Woah woah woah, Twilight, calm down. I think you might have a seizure or something"

"BUT SPIKE!" Twilight shouted "We could be FAMOUS! *GASP* I might even get an award!" Twilights face was stretched with a huge smile, while she clapped her hooves together.

"Maybe we could discuss this in the morning, when everypony isn't sleeping."

"Maybe you are right Spike, I don't think it would suddenly disappear just like that, would it?"


The next morning, Twilight sent out spike to ask her friend's if they had some spare time. All of them came, but Rainbow skipped her shift on cloud clearing for it. Not caring if she got in trouble or not.

"Alright, is Everypony here?" Twilight asked. They all nodded in reply. "All right! Let's get started!"

"Umm... Excuse me Twilight" Fluttershy interrupted "But what exactly are we doing here?"

"This!" Twilight unfurled a picture of the planet onto the floor of the library, everpony in the room(with the exception of Twilight and Spike) gasped "I asked if you had a day free so we could explore together! Spike, did you send Princess Celestia that letter?"

"Huh? what? uhh, yes." Spike snapped out of his trance.

"Well just hold on a minute sugarcube" Applejack looked at the picture closer "So your tellin' me we're going to an entirely different planet"

"yep!"

"Without supplies."

"We'll only be there for less then a day, and I did pack lunch." Twilight motioned towards a few saddlebags

Applejack was about to ask another question, but Rainbow just cut in. "Well what are we waiting for? Lets get going!"

"Alright then, could everypony please stand still?" they all stood in place. "Spike, could you please fetch that diamond and put it in the middle?" Spike went into the storage cupboard, before retrieving a large diamond, twice the size of his fist, and placed it in-between everypony in the room, before taking his place, mumbling something about not being allowed to eat it.

Twilight's horn glowed brighter and brighter, before the glow engulfed the entire room, lighting the library up like a giant jack-o-lantern. Eventually there was a flash, and everything was back to normal. But Spike and the six ponies were gone.

After a few moments of unexplained vertigo, the seven found themselves lying in the middle of a large place, seemingly made of stone, Twilight looked around, there seemed to be a large number of hollow metal carriages lying in awkward positions on the sidewalk, some on fire.

"Twilight Darling..." Rarity spoke up "I do not like the looks of this place... It seems very eerie.."

Suddenly, Pinkie pie fell on the ground, before picking herself up, and different parts of her body spazzing out, after she calmed down he just spoke in her regular pinkie pie voice "Ooh! I haven't felt THAT one before! Where are we anyway?"

"This must be a settlement of one of the people that live on this planet" Twilight answered

"Now hold on a minute" Applejack was confused. "You mean there are already ponies livin' here?"

"Maybe, they might not even BE ponies. We wont know for sure until we meet one."

Fluttershy walked up to Twilight while she was arguing with Applejack. "Umm, twilight" Twilight ignored her. "Twilight...." Twilight continued arguing. "TWILIGHT!"

Twilight jumped, before turning her head towards Fluttershy "What?"

"Oh, sorry. I just thought you might want to ask.. Umm... That thing... Over there..." Fluttershy pointed towards a figure standing on two legs, wearing a tuxedo, facing the opposite direction. It had messy hair, on top of its head, and no fur. It had two hands, similar to a dragons claws. Twilight cautiously approached it.

"Uhh, Hello?" Twilight attempted to greet it, it shifted its body, facing towards the group. Everypony screamed, Spike almost threw up. The entire front portion of its suit was covered in blood, as well as his face. blood dripped from its mouth and one of its eyes was missing. It raised its mouth towards the sky and let out an unholy screech

"RUN!" Rainbow shouted. There was no objection. The seven ran as fast as they could, trying to outrun the beast, but to no avail. It got closer and closer with every second they ran.

"Everyone, down this way!" Twilight changed their trajectory down a dark alleyway, they each hid behind different trash cans and dumpsters. Twilight peered out into the alleyway, the thing walked into view, and started to trudge towards them.

Suddenly, there was a massive CRACK as thing fell over, blood pouring from the side of its body. Twilight screamed, louder then before.

"Hey Mike, we got a survivor over here!" A low voice bellowed. Another creature wandered into view, this time, his clothing was clear of blood, he had in his hands, a device of some sort, that looked like a strange grey and brown stick. He walked up to the dead creature and stomped on its head, spreading blood and other bits all over the pavement. He lifted his hand up to his mouth "Hey miss, you still alive?" Twilight didn't answer, just in case. "Last warnin' miss, with a small movement of his arm, the stick in his hand made a 'chk chk' noise, and a small red cylinder ejected from the side. As he came closer to the trash bin Twilight was hiding behind, she couldn't help but mutter a small "please don't hurt me" as she cowered. The creature put the stick back into a strap on his back, then walked towards the bin Twilight was hiding behind. "Don't worry, I'm not gunna hurt-" He stopped as he finally saw Twilight, she was cowering in fear, trying to get as far away from him as possible "What in the bloody wor-" he stopped once more as something finally clicked in his brain "Oh my god." He took a few steps back, still in shock of what he was seeing.

"Hey, leave Twilight alone!" Rainbow Dash flew straight into the creatures side, knocking him on the ground and winding him
The other 5 came out from their hiding spots, and pinned him on the ground, spike took the stick from his back and pointed it at him, his claw in the hole the creature had his finger in.

The creature looked around, then directed his attention to spike, before flinching "Woah Spike, watch where you point that thing."

"Wait how do you know my name?"

"Long story, could you let me go now, this is getting a bit uncomfortable, and if the zed find us we're screwed." They all released their grip on him, He stood up and held his palm out to Spike "Can I have my gun back please?" Spike reluctantly gave it back. "Maybe next time." The creature grinned, then pushed a red cylinder into a hole on the side of the gun.

"Hey Nick, whats taking you so lo-" The second creature just stopped when he saw his friend surrounded by two pegasi, two unicorns, two ponies and dragon. "That's it. I'm out. I've seen enough weird shit today." Nick groaned, upholstered a smaller gun, that was grey, and kneeled down next to spike, pointing to different parts. "barrel, trigger, and sights. aim and fire. don't miss." then signaled the seven to follow him, as he followed his friend. After a bit of hesitation, they carefully trotted out of the alleyway. on the road in front of them, was Nick and his friend arguing, while one of them was climbing into one of the hollow metal carriages, Nick rolled his eyes and climbed into the tray in the back. Twilight examined it more closely, but she still wasn't sure how it moved without ponies pulling it. It was blue with metal bars on the front, with several dead bodies strung between the bars, and blood covering the front. The wheels were made of rubber, with metal spikes coming out of the caps on the side. Twilight stopped, as she notice the others climbing in the rear of the vehicle, she joined them.

Once in the rear of the carriage, there was a rumbling noise, before it started to move, startling all the ponies and spike. As the vehicle drove along, Nick pulled a metal container out from the corner, and placed it in front of him, he unlatched two deadlocks, then lifted up the lid.

"So can you tell me how you know my name?" Spike asked, while he had the chance. Nick was about to tell him about MLP:FiM and everything, but then suddenly realized that most people probably wouldn't react too well to being told they are a television show. Instead he just had to come up with a fake story.

"I uhh... I AM A GOD!" Nick looked around and saw the look of disbelief on their faces. "Ugh, fine. I uhh... Studied your planet for... Err.. Scientific purposes?" he put on a fake grin.

"I can believe that." Twilight said, Nick gave a sigh of relief, then returned to the case. He picked up a few more of his 'guns' and threw them towards the different ponies, saying the names of each of them while he passed them "Rainbow, assault rifle. Twilight, duel pistols. Fluttershy, hunting rifle. Applejack, shotgun. Pinkie pie, i havent got anything for you now, so just wait until later"

"Okie dokie loki!"

"and Rarity... Uhh..." he stroked his chin as he thought "just take this." He bent behind him and pulled out a large machete from a hidden sheath and dropped it infront of her. "Careful, its sharp."

"Now just hold on an apple-pickin' minute there" Applejack stood up "What just are y'all expectin' us to do with these?" She tried picking the gun up in her hooves

Nick facepalmed. "Oh right. Hooves. I'll try to find a workaround when we get back to our camp" The vehicle bumped a few times, as the driver ran over a few more 'zed'. As they drove further and further from town, Nick gave each pony a small tutorial and the types of guns he gave them and how to handle them. Twilight was confused by all this, and hoping that nopony asked about getting back to Equestria, because she wasn't sure if she could do it again, and didn't want to cause them to worry. Especially now they were in a dangerous world with little to no ways of defending themselves. She glanced over and saw Fluttershy, shaking in the corner.

"Is something wrong Fluttershy?" She knew what was wrong, but thought it would help to ask.

"I-I'm worried, Twilight." Fluttershy squeaked. Twilight put her arm around her and comforted her

"We all are."

Comments ( 8 )
#1 · Oct 30th, 2011 · · ·

Zombies and ponies and humans? ......not my cup of tea, but so far it seems interesting!

I dont know what to think. zombies, people, and ponys. If should be good. I lke it so far

#3 · Oct 30th, 2011 · · ·

Im reading this because Cocaine

T4

seems pretty good so far! keep it up! :pinkiehappy:

awesome this is my kind of story

First, let me post this. http://youtu.be/3M3uarvzsOs
Great! Now I have to ask, is anybody named Keith going to be in this? :rainbowlaugh:

My goofiness aside, (wow, that's a word? Must be. Spell check isn't complaining.) So far its fun.

any chance of this updatin soon?

ANOTHER HUNTING RIFLE?!:yay:

Login or register to comment