• Published 27th Aug 2012
  • 1,355 Views, 50 Comments

Jail-House Blues - little dashie



Celestia finds Luna in a desperate situation and keeps her under watch...

  • ...
3
 50
 1,355

Picking up the Pieces

Chapter 7

Picking up the Pieces

Silver walked around for a while shivering a little from the weather but he couldn't care less. His mind was racing with things he should have said to defuse the situation better than he had, but it just came out wrong and a little more truthfully than he'd like to put it. After what felt like an eternity he began his journey back to the room and slunk in. Luna was laying on the bed and upon seeing him enter proceeded to roll over and look away from him. She was clearly pissed by Silver's standards but those meant nothing now.

"You know you could at least be a little curtious when looking away from somepony..." Silver said crestfallen. Luna only snorted and turned her head enough to look at him with a single eye.

"You know you could at least be a little straight forward with a mare sometimes!" Silver was taken a back at the hostility in Luna's voice, "I mean seriously!" Rolling over and getting up she stared him dead in the eyes, her lips in a neutral line and her wings spread wide, "I know that you're trying to look after me and help me recover, I understand that. What I don't get is that you let yourself fall down that slippery slope right after helping me off of it." She finished softly making Silver's head fall towards the ground, his eyes finding a small dot to focus on.

Silver was shaken by her tone, getting softer as it went but all the the more frightening. He'd never seen his princess angry before and if this was any indicator of what she was like, he would have probably cried. His chest puffed out as he inhaled deeply taking in as much as he could before meeting Luna's gaze once more.

"I'm sorry..." Silver's lip quivered as he spoke, "I'm sorry I let myself slip up. I'm sorry you have to deal with my shit on a daily basis. I'm sorry you even got to know me." Silver's voice rose as tears lined the edges of his shaking orbs, "I'm sorry you're a stuck up bitch that can't take a fucking compliment after beating herself up over the same shit thinking it is completely okay to go off and say no body loves her when I stood up to my friends basically poured my heart out on the table and then am expected to follow through with something that wasn't socially acceptable in the first place!" Huffing and growling as he finished, Silver fell to the floor weeping like a babe.

Luna was surprised, she was leaning back hoof raised in defense but never needing to use it and her wings were as far out as they could possibly reach standing straight out from her back. She took a step forward and rest a soft hoof on his side and rubbing him ever so slightly, "Silver... I-I... I should be the one who is sorry. I didn't know I was causing you pain as well. After my return I felt great to be back home and with family, yet it felt like something was missing. I thought ponies would love me again and shower me with letters and gifts and the likes to show their love and appreciation. I didn't think to wait and maybe see them slowly start to pour in, I had just expected them. In the old days it was almost mandatory to thank the princesses for the gifts they had graced the land with." A drawn out sigh escaped Luna's lips as she whispered to Silver.

Silver sniffled and tried his best to regain his composure but it was very hard to do in front of the night princess, "R-really?" He managed to squeak out. Luna nodded with a small smile bringing one to Silver's own face, "I'm sorry I broke down like that. I've been having a real stressful year is all." Luna nodded and helped him up to his hooves plopping down on her rump holding a hoof on his shoulder for support.

Clearing the tears from his eyes he smiled at Luna before chuckling a little making her very confused. The slight chuckled turned into uproarious laughter as Silver fell back clutching his sides as best he could. Luna tilted her head to the side feeling her anger spark once again, "What's so funny?" She spat out.

Silver froze in an instant and swallowed hard, "Well... Um, you see..."

"See what?" She asked threateningly.

"I think its a little funny how we had a little bit of a venting session... I don't usually get involved with those..." Silver said sitting up again. He reached out to hug her smiling wide. Luna looked at him like he was crazy and turning Silver's smile upside down. Laughing she wrapped him up and squeezed him tightly.

"Thanks Luna." He said quietly and happily.

"No, thank you Silver." Luna gave him a small kiss making Silver's cheeks glow red from embarrassment making Luna bust out laughing, which in turn made his cheeks deepen in color even more. Letting go of him she stood up and crawled into the bed pawing at the spot on the bed next to her. Her anger having dissipated. Silver hopped in with her quickly finding his way under the covers and reached out to cuddle with her.

"You never told me how you felt about me you know..." Silver mumbled not really wanting to touch the topic but feeling it necessary at the moment. Luna's forelegs curled around his body and pulled him closer to her. Sighing Luna thought for a moment.

"I like you too, but..." Silver's heart skipped a beat at the mention of 'but', "I don't know if I like you as more than a friend... Or in this current case... A cuddle buddy..."

"A cuddle buddy?" Silver asked earning a shrug from Luna. "We can work on it I guess."

Over the next few days Silver scarfed down loads of food and packed on the pounds getting to a normal weight in no time at all. Luna ended up spooning with him every night as her little encouragement for him to get better. Luna herself was getting better as well.

Author's Note:

NO, THE STORY IS NOT OVER.

Sorry for the short chapter, most of the shit I wanted to put in this chapter really didn't fit in with it so I ended up sticking it in the next chapter.

This was mainly a filler chapter so don't complain please.

Sorry for the wait I was busy finishing up new stories and planing out my other story.

Thanks for reading! Drop a comment below if you have something to say or any concerns!

Ideas are always welcomed! I like to add in readers ideas when they are really good. If I already have the idea planned I won't tell you but I will tell you guys if I like your idea!

Hope you enjoyed the new chapter,
-Dashie

Comments ( 8 )

CONGRATS ON THE UPDATE!!! Haven't read it but I'm sure that

i.imgur.com/tHw0b.gif

Ok man. Finally read it. Here. Hare a proofread...

After what felt like an eternity he began his journey back to the room and slunk in.

(His bed?)

[quoteLuna gave him a small kiss making Silver's cheeks glow red from embarrassment making Luna bust out laughing making his cheeks deepen in color.Try this:Luna gave him a small kiss making Silver's cheeks glow red from embarrassment making Luna bust out laughing, which in turn made his cheeks deepen in color even more.

Silver's voice rose a s tears lined the edges of his shaking orbs,

Fix a s. It's supposed to be as.

You know little dashie, you could've still contacted me, i'dve gone over this chapter too! Feel free to hit me up if you need something edited though. (I still remember doing the previous chapter, and i've since gotten better)

1837647 Yeah I just kinda threw it out there

Hmm, not bad as a filler chapter my man. I''ll be looking forward to more updates, keep up the good work man:pinkiehappy:

Will you update this?

Will you update this anytime soon?

Login or register to comment