• Published 26th Jun 2014
  • 692 Views, 10 Comments

Needing You - nutcase4real



It has been a while since the girls had gotten together, and now they all begin to realize something that is very important.

  • ...
0
 10
 692

Pinkie's Desolation

Pinkie Pie bounced around behind the counter at Sugarcube Corner. She eyed the sweets in the case in front of her and then began to look around for anypony in the room. When she saw that the room was empty she grabbed a cupcake and scarfed it down in one swallow.

She let out a satified "Ahhh." and rubbed her pink tummy with her hoof. She licked her lips a few times and prepared to grab another cupcake to devour. That is until she heard the kitchen door open behind her. Pinkie Pie turned and saw Mr. Cake carrying a tray of cupcakes over to the other display case.

"Do you need any help Mr. Cake?" Pinkie asked as she bounced into the air excitedly.

"No thank you Pinkie. I can handle this." he said warmly.

"Okie, dokie, lokie."

Pinkie Pie resumed her post at the register and started humming a song to herself. She stood at the register even after Mr. Cake had left, and soon her mind began to wander off.

'I wonder why I haven't seen my friends at all lately. I know Applejack said something about the Sweet Apple Acres a long, long, looooong time ago, and Twilight has the library, Fluttershy has her animals to take care of, Rainbow Dash is helping with the weather, Rarity is making coats and neato scarves... oh wait! That's all my super best friends! We're all super busy!' Pinkie thought as she started giggling.

'But what if they're not busy? Whay if they forgot about me!' Pinkie stopped giggling and a look of dread covered her face, 'What if they didn't want to be friends with me anymore?!' her mane deflated and a tear found its way to her cheek which she promptly wiped away, 'But that can't be true! Their my friends!'

'Some friends they are toots.' came a gruff Manehattan voice.

'Oi, I agree.' a Pranch voice chimed in.

'Yeah, they're not your friends. We are.' came deep voice with a light southern drawl.

'Quite.' agreed a posh Manehattan voice.

Pinkie's pupils shrank and began to pull away from one another. Pinkie shook her head and her pupils became normal again. She placed her forehooves on her temples and began speaking to herself, "Twilight's right. They're not real. They're not real."

"Not real? Mam, I've been standing here trying to buy a cupcake for the last few minutes, and then you have the nerve to disrespect me like this? I want to speak to your manager!" came an angered voice in front of Pinkie.

She opened her eyes to see a blue stalion with a purple mane and tail standing in front of her. By the look on his face he was really mad, so Pinkie went to get Mr. Cake like the customer demanded.

Pinkie Pie went into the kitchen and found Mr. Cake washing some mixing bowls in the sink. She told him about the customer and what had happened. Mr. Cake walked into the main room to talk with the stallion, and when he came back he wore a warm smile which slightly confused Pinkie Pie.

"Is everything alright Mr. Cake?" Pinkie ventured.

"Yes Pinkie. I explained that you were just daydreaming and that you didn't mean what you said. However, I do think that you should get some air. Its almost closing time, and Mrs. Cake wants to take the twins for a walk anyway. I think you should join them."

Pinkie Pie smiled, "Thanks Mr. Cake."

He simply nodded and called to his wife, "Dear, Pinkie Pie will be joining you three on your walk today."

A voice from above came, "Oh that's wonderful. I bet the twins will be thrilled."

Pinkie Pie exited the kitchen when she herad hoofsteps coming from the stairs. As she entered the main room she saw that the stallion had left and the place was empty. The door to the stairwell opened and out came Mrs. Cake with the twins on her back. She went into the supply closet and pulled out a stroller. She gently placed her children into it and looked over at Pinkie Pie with a smile.

"Are you ready dear?" she asked warmly.

"Yep, yep, yep!" Pinkie chirped.

The four of them walked outside, and was greeted by a cool breeze. The pegasi of the weather team were busy moving smaller clouds trying to block out the blue sky. The air was geeting cooler by the second, so Mrs. Cake made sure to put a scarf on each of the twins. The two mares began walking towards the park, taking turns pushing the carrige, until they reached the playground at the park.

Mrs. Cake picked the children up and placed them into the sandbox to play for a while. Ms. Cake looked over her shoulder to a Pinkie Pie who staring at the ground and for some reason not wearing her characteristic smile.

"Is something wrong dear?" Ms. Cake asked in a caring voice.

Pinkie's eyes shot up from the ground, "Hmm?"

"Is something wrong dear? Do you need to talk to somepony?" she clarified.

"Oh, not really... actually, there is." Pinkie Pie moved closer to Ms. Cake and looked both ways. Then she whispered in her ear, "I've been feeling very lonely lately Ms. Cake. Even when I'm with you, Mr. Cake, and the twins, I... I still feel alone."

"Why is that dear?" Ms. Cake asked in a motherly tone.

"I don't really know. I see a lot of ponies everyday, and I always try my best to make everypony smile." Pinkie put on a smile and sighed, "But I just can't make myself smile any more." as Pinkie said that her smile melted away.

"Well Pinkie Pie, when was the last time you were actually happy?" Ms. Cake asked.

"The last time I was happy I was with..." Pinkie Pie stopped and a giant smile formed on her face, "I was with Twilight, Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy, and Rainbow Dash." Pinkie finished as memmories of that day ran through her mind.

"Well then, I think it's about time you had a day off dear. Maybe you should spend some time with your friends." Ms. Cake concluded.

Pinkie Pie smiled and hugged Ms. Cake, "Thanks Ms. Cake."

"Oh, you're quite welcome dear, besides you've been working hard, and I think it would do you a world of good."

Pinkie turned her smile upwards and watched the weather team move a big grey cloud into place over Ponyville. The air chilled even more and Pinkie Pie wrapped her scarf around her neck once more to help stave off the cool breeze.

"I think it's time we head back Pinkie, but the twins seem to be enjoying the cool air." Ms. Cake said as she began to think, "Maybe we should take the long wa home." she concluded after a moment.

Pinkie Pie helped gather the children and soon the two mares made their way back towards Sugarcube Corner. They continued to walk even after the sun had begun to set, and didn't make it back home until darkness had fallen.

As they walked up to the door Pinkie Pie noticed that once again Twilight's and Rarity's lights were off and that they were probably asleep, but she told herself that was okay since she was going to have all day tomorrow to spend with the rest of the girls.

"Where's Mr. Cake?" Pinkie asked as she entered the kitchen and saw that he wasn't in there.

"Oh, he's probably sleeping upstairs. Speaking of which, Pinkie would you please put the twins to bed for me? I need to clean up the kitchen a little."

"Sure Ms. Cake." Pinkie said as she placed each of the sleeping babies on her back and carefully made her way upstairs.

Pinkie placed each of the twins in their beds, before poking her head back downstairs. Ms. Cake told her she didn't need any more help tonight and that Pinkie should go to bed. Pinkie Pie yawned and made her way back upstairs. She entered her room and jumped on the bed from the doorway. She laid there for a few minutes before blissful sleep finally overtook her overcharged mind.

"Tomorrow... will... be ... great." Pinkie mumbled in her sleep.

Author's Note:

Feel free to critique me in the comment section below, also leave me a comment telling me why you liked or didn't like this chapter. Hope you enjoyed! Have an awesome day and thanks for taking the time to read.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment