• Published 8th Apr 2012
  • 2,115 Views, 8 Comments

Star Wars: Revenge of the Harmony - Thebronywithin



A Jedi master is on a mission to protect a peaceful system, that happens to be Equestria

  • ...
13
 8
 2,115

Chapter 4

James sat in the pilots seat of the Ebon Hawk, pressing a few buttons and flipping a few switches to prepare to exit hyperspace, hoping to go straight from space to the planets surface, he has no such luck.

"Exiting hyperspace in three, two, one." The Ebon Hawk exits hyperspace into a massive space battle.

"HOLY SITH!" James makes an emergency swerve to the left to avoid oncoming blaster fire, causing the ship to bank at a ninety degree angle.

"This isn't good!" James re-alines the pitch of his ship, making it level, then, he presses a few buttons on the main dashboard of the cockpit, contacting General Kota on the surface.

"Master Kota, this is James Malek, I've arrived to-"

"I know why you're here, boy, now get down here and do it!" Kota cuts James off, much to his irritation.

"I would, if there wasn't half the Separatist army up here in orbit!" James yells back, hoping the auto-turrets he installed are working.

"I don't care what's happening up there, get your lousy starship on planet NOW, or there won't be any of us left!"

"Understood General." James says, very irritated by the way Master Kota was bossing him around.

"Respected General? Maybe. Kind? not at all." James mutters as he increases his speed to break through the Separatist fleet just outside the planets atmosphere.

As James flies through, his ship is shot at, and only a few lasers connect with his ship, causing minimal damage, but a few somehow explode just beside his ship, causing it to shake.

"Stop shooting at me, damn droids!" James shouts as he sets the ship to land on the island that Kota and his forces are on, and slides over to the gunners seat, and mans the heavy turrets. "eat heat and carbon clankers."

James targets a few vulture droids, taking them out rather quickly, he then spins the turret thirty degrees to the right, and releases a blaze of laser shots at a droid dropship, taking it out by destroying part of the cockpit, then, James notices a red notification on the main screen.

"Missile lock? Banta-fodder!" James flips over to the pilots seat, taking the ship off auto pilot.
"I hope this works!"

He twists and pulls back on the control stick, causing his ship to angle thirty degrees to the right, and slow down, allowing the missiles to pass by.

"Bombs away"

He presses a button on the Control panel, launching missiles at the missiles, destroying them, allowing James to re-activate auto pilot, and get back in the gunners chair.

"Flares are too boring anyway. Now, let’s see how you like THIS!" James begins to free-fire, not using any form of aiming, which is proving quite effective, taking out seven vulture droids, a few hyena bombers, and two transport gunships.

Then, he gets a message from Kota. “You’re doing well up there, boy, but we need you down here, we’re losing this battle, we can take care of those starships later.”

“Alright, alright, keep the landing site clear, I don’t plan on making another approach.”

“Understood, now, let’s go, we’ve got a battle to win here!”

James retakes control of his ship, and speeds towards the island, slowing as he approaches the landing site, and extends the landing gear as he lowers the ship onto the ground.

Once his ship is on the ground, James lowers the exit platform, and walks out onto the surface of the island, where General Kota is waiting to meet him. “Well, hello there.”

“Greetings, General Kota.” James says, before quickly adding. “Isn’t there a battle going on?”

“Indeed there is, you know, for a minute, I was worried you’d bring clone troopers.”

“Nope, no clones, just me.”

“Good, I never trusted those clone troopers.”

“So I’ve heard. Where is the battle happening?”

“Oh, it’s just over that hill, we should go, my men might need some help.”

“Right, lets go.”

With their little conversation over, Kota and James rush over the hill to see the battle, which, when they get there, looks more like a droid attack on a few soldiers.

“This doesn’t look good.” James mutters worriedly.

“Why do you think I called for help, we’re dwindling in numbers, now, let’s go get rid of this droid infestation, shall we?”

“Let’s do this.”

James and Kota ignite their lightsabers, and run into the battle, Kota throws his lightsaber at one of the droid tanks, and cut’s off it’s main gun, James kicks a droid in the head and throws his green lightsaber underneath his raised leg and takes out four more droids before using the force to bring his saber back to him.

“Sir!” one of Kota’s men called “those MTT’s are too strong, we can’t seem to get past their armor!”

“Leave that to me.” James says, shortly before running over, grabbing a sniper rifle off the ground, and, using the force to aid him, brings the riffle scope up to his eye, and pulls the trigger at the base of the riffle. The laser directly impacts the fuel cell of one of the MTT’s, effectively destroying it in a blaze of orange and red. “now, aim for the fuel cells, it’s their weak point!”

A small group of Kota’s men aim their blasters at the MTT’s fuel cells, destroying the line in their path, providing a way for James, Kota, and Kota’s militia to enter the droid facility which the MTT’s were protecting.

“Not bad, you seem to know a lot about how to take out battle droids.” Kota commends James. “but we need to get in that facility, if we take it down, droid production will drop, this could be the push the Republic needs to WIN this war, now let’s go!”

James puts his now disengaged Lightsabers back on his belt, and walks beside Kota, who has his Saber in his hand, also disengaged.

“So, the Battle Droids weren’t the problem, those tanks were. now what?” James turns to Kota for a response.

“Now, we take down that droid facility. Weren’t you listening?”

“Right, sorry about that, I just got off another mission and haven’t had much of a chance to re-compose myself.” James admits, regretting asking about their next move.

“Don’t blame yourself, we’re all a bit off our game, but taking this base could change all of that.” Kota sympathizes with James, rubbing his eyes as he does so.

No more words were said as they made their way up to the front of the base. once there, Kota and James just looked at each other, nodded, and began to cut a big hole in the front door with their Lightsabers. Once the door was ‘open’ James, Kota, and his men all walked in, and were met with nothing.

“No security droids, something isn’t right here.” James perceives as he walks over to a closed door, where he presses his ear to it.

“What can you hear?” one of Kota’s men queries James.

“Nothing, it’s as if the whole place has gone silent.” James steps back from the door, and crouches down, with his hands holding an invisible ball behind him. “stand back, I don’t want any un-necessary deaths.”

With those words, everyone, save James, stepped back as James pushed his hands out in front of him very quickly, and where there was once a door, there now stood a hole which lead to the rest of the base.

“Still nothing, there’s no way we got rid of all of them” James contemplates their current situation, then turns to Kota’s private army. “I say we split up, there’s two corridors, and two Jedi, General Kota will take a team down the left, and I will take another team down the right. Any questions?”

“Just one, when did you become the leader?” Kota protests, distinctly irritated by James sudden rise to command.

“Do you have a better plan?”

“Well no, but-”

“That’s what I thought, now, move out, we have a lot of base to cover, and not a lot of time to do so.”

No more words were said as half of Kota’s militia are lead by Kota, the other half by James, as they go their separate ways. James to the right, Kota to the left.
While James and his team made their way through the base, they found lots of deactivated battle droids, which wouldn’t be unusual, if it wasn’t for the fact that they were still at their stations.

“Something isn’t right here, I need to check the main computer, which should be right around the corner.” James heads around the corner, and sure enough, there was the main computer. “what secrets do you hold?”

James begins working away at the console, until a message appears on the screen.

“The war is over, power down”

“War is over, that’s not right, when was this sent?” he looks down to the bottom corner, where the date is placed.

“19bby 31174-11”

“Th-That’s next week!” James steps away from the computer in fear. “If this is true, that means the war ends in one week’s time!” James stars to hyperventilate, but then, he notices a small, flashing light. Being curious, he moves in for a closer look, and as soon as he touches it, there’s a loud ringing, a bright flash of light, and a shockwave that knocks James back four or five feet.

“Okay, what the hell was that?” One of the soldiers in James’ division of soldiers comments.

“I’m not sure.” James brings his communicator up so he can use it. “Kota, please tell me you’re still here.”

“Glad to hear you’re not dead, we heard a loud noise, and saw a bright flash of light, but when we came to help, you were gone.”

“Wait, gone, for how long?”

“About a week now, why is that important?”

“One week, one week, one weEK! SITH SPIT!” James runs down the corridor, and motions for his battalion to follow. “Kota, we need to get out of here, NOW.”

“What’s the rush, I just got a message from the Jedi temple, the war is over, all we need to do is go back.”

“Wait, so our side won?”

“Yes, now hurry up, I’d like to rendezvous outside, and since you seem so keen on leaving, I’ll even go with you on your ship.”

James reaches the front of the base just as Kota finishes his sentence. “Ah, good to see you, now, I know I said I’d go with you in your ship, but it seems the republic wants to take us all back in one of their star cruisers.”

James was about to breath a sigh of relief, then he saw what was happening, they were unloading clone troopers, and they all had their blasters drawn, and aimed at James and Kota.

“General Kota, you were right, they do want to take us back in a star cruiser, but in body bags, RUN!”

As they ran, blaster fire could be heard, and a few of Kota’s men fell to onslaught of clone trooper blaster fire. James drew his blue lightsaber and began blocking shots which would have ended him had he not done so, Kota soon follows suit.

“Master Kota, we’re almost to my ship, I think we can all fit in it.” James brings his communicator up again. “R7, start the primary ignition sequence, code Delta Bata seven seven Echo Niner four, and open the main boarding ramp as well.”

It doesn’t take long before they reach the Ebon Hawk, once they do, James and Kota protect it as Kota’s men board.

“Well, this isn’t how I planned to spend my last mission, fighting my own political view.”

“Neither did I, but as I’ve said before, I never trusted those clone troopers.”

Soon, all of Kota’s men were on board, once they were, James and Kota made a brake for the entrance ramp.

“R7, take off NOW!” James barks as his astromech uses it’s dongle to spin a control disk and launch the ship. “Well, that was fun.”

Author's Note:

What do you think?

Interesting arc there. Just what was that little divice?

I'm probably never going to tell you, like every good story, PLOT-HOLE!!

Comments ( 3 )

Plot-Holes, huh? Alright then.

2535844 I'm not quite sure how to respond to that.

2536125 Just smile and nod, smile and nod...

Login or register to comment