• Published 13th Jun 2014
  • 1,193 Views, 13 Comments

Long Live the King - I DONT LIKE MLP NO MORE



Shining Armor prince of the Crystal Empire left his palace and wife to find what remained of Sombra. He knew that the tyrant surivored and that he would be gathering strength to fight again, finding him would go to ways he suceedes or something goes.

  • ...
5
 13
 1,193

Long Live the King

Cold. A endless blanket of frozen powder stretched miles across. Though the conditions were harsh and unbearable nopony would be caught out, expect for a white stallion who continued to press his way through the artic land. His goggles strapped tightly and black scarf around his neck he ventured forward, never stopping for he knew that his journey would come to a near end.

"Almost there Shining" he said to himself, his horn glowed violet as he came to a stop.

What reasons did he have to stop there was nopony around for miles that was able to follow. Was it fear that he was lost, no for he knew exactly where to go.

He had reached his destination, looking into the sky he yelled "I know you're here coward now show yourself!"

All was quiet once he finished speaking. A sudden chill arose as the winds began to build growing stronger and stronger with each blow. A faint laughter, full of malice was heard setting Shining Armor into a unease state. His foe was unseen yet seen, a spirit more than a pony and he could tell that it was preparing a trap.

"Ah my young prince." a voice said from nowhere.

"Show yourself demon or face my blade!" Shining screamed. Summoning his halberd he grasped it in his aura, positioned to attack at whelm.

"So demanding you are, and yet you haven't even introduce yourself." a chuckle was heard after, mocking the prince.

"You know who I am now show yourself!" slamming his hoof into the ground his horn glowed as the winds stopped.

Once stopped directly in front of him a shadow emerged from the ground. It started to take form as black wisps formed the body and a ghastly green glow took place. Once the body was almost completed the eyes of the creature opened revealing red eyes soon followed by a purple fire which whipped from the sides. The horn took shape becoming crooked and glowed red as dark magic began to flow. Stepping out with the figures teeth were razor, its' mane slick and oily.

"Sombra." Shining Armor muttered to himself.

"Yes it is I my prince, King Sombra ruler of the Crystal Empire." his voice was deep and boomed with every word he spoke.

Charging forward Shining Armor ran his blade into Sombras body, twisting it expecting some form of blood to spill out. Instead he was greeted with a direct blast of magic, sending him flying backwards. His body ached and he noticed that Sombra had disappeared, looking franctly he saw that his opponent was gone nowhere to be seen.

"You are a fool. You never let your enemy out your sight." Sombra said to Shining Armor.

It was then when Shining Armor looked down and realized that he had two shadows. Being fling upward he saw Sombra come from the shadows, a scythe engulfed in his magic. A smile of malice he began to walk toward Shining Armor his scythe ready to strike the fallen stallion. When he reached he raised it and let a chuckle escape him before he brought it swinging downward.

Shining Armor barely had time to react as he was dazed, rolling away as the blade struck the snow. He looked for his halberd and fount it sticking out of the snow. Using his magic he picked it up and floated towards him changing its position to attack.

Looking at Sombra he walk which soon turned in to a stride transforming itself into a gallop. He lunged forward hoping to at least nick the black body. He his aim true the blade made it mark and pierced the side of Sombras body. Looking back he saw the former king wince in some pain, a black liquid leaving from its host.

What surprised Shining Armor was the darkened smile given to him. "Wonderful, truly wonderful indeed." Walking forward he flung his scythe down at Shining Armor who blocked it with little force. "You're using your magic to the best of its ability and you don't even realize it."

"What do you mean monster!?" Shining Armor shouted at Sombra.

"You truly are blind aren't you? Your horn it's drowned in dark magic." Sombra replied.

Looking to his horn he saw that instead of a violet aura it was completely black. His mind began to grow dark as Sombra advance towards him, his eyes glowing brighter than before.

"Yes give in to it, let your fears become your strength." Sombra said to Shining Armor.

"No never!" Shining Armor replied.

Losing control of his magic he shot everywhere. Black rays struck all in its path but Sombas who only stood. Approaching the Shining Armor he began to fade into a mist. Circling around him through the air he whispered thoughts into his mind, telling him of how when Sombra kills him he will attack his former empire and burn it to the ground leaving no survivors. He showed imagines of death, destruction, anarchy as he worked his way across Equestria. Shining Armor began to break through the kings imagines, fighting ferociously to end it, which in return humored Sombra

"You know I will win and yet you resist?" smiling he began to take solid. "I was right about you, you will be a excellent heir to my throne."

"What do you mean?" Shining Armor asked once the nightmares left his mind.

Walking towards him Sombra spoke "I mean that you'll be my new apprentice, one I shall call worthy of being next in line for the throne."

"What? No I'll never join you!" rushing towards the black king Shining Armor rose his halberd to strike the tyrant.

Blocking with his scythe Sombra spun around to attack, hoping to fish hook the prince into a trap. Though weakened by Sombras words Shining Armor continue to press forward against the monster, though mainly blocking his effort was great. Each stroke Sombra acted brought Shinig Armor to a standing point, breaking his form slowly. It was then when he saw his opening. Sombra lifted his horn with his magic high above his head giving time for Shining Armor his one chance. Lunging forward with all his might his horn became dark violet as he jabbed his halberd into the heart of the beast. A loud shriek was let loose as blackened blood gushed out onto the white snow, Sombra wound burning with light finally dropping his weapon and kneeling to the ground.

"It's over Sombra I have destroyed you once and for all, now die!"

Looking up to Shining Armor Sombra say that the once white furred and blue eye stallion was transformed. His mane was traced with blue as cold as ice, his eyes hinted red and streaming from them was a icy blue whip. He looked ready to kill, and that pleased the dying king.

"You have given in to your fear and now you are more stronger than you will ever be." Sombra said with a smile.

Looking down Shining Armor saw what was once the tyrant king of the Crystal Empire. A former shadow of himself weak and dying his body fading away slowly as his spirit broke away. Turning around he began to walk away, his wounds healing with each step he took.

"Yes, you will make a fine king, and as your predecessor I shall watch you in the next life." Sombra said before fading away.

Author's Note:

I'm planning on doing a sequel in which we see Shining Armor become corrupt and turned but I want feedback from the viewers. Do you think it's a good idea if so could please leave a comment telling me it would help a lot.

Comments ( 13 )

I think that I may have missed something. Are you sure this is the first chapter?

agree with StarLight Nova I think there something missing b/c I feel like there is a charter missing. But King Sombra "making" Shining Armor his apprentice is a very good ides/ twist :3

4560258 Thank you and I'm currently working on the "first chapter" it should be up by either today or early tomorrow morning.

Comment posted by I DONT LIKE MLP NO MORE deleted Jun 19th, 2014

So we getting a prequel and a sequel? nice:pinkiehappy:.

4594701 A sequel in which are lovely King Sombra corrupts Princess Luna

4594750 Isn't that more like a prequel? I mean Sombra is dead. oh,oh his ghost comes back to haunt his thousand years old lover :pinkiegasp:. YaY:rainbowlaugh:. Can't wait to see what you will do with the entire plot you set up:twilightsmile:.

4594862 Yes if you like to know more you could message me.

4594933 I think I would rather keep guessing. Don't want to spoil the story for my self.

4560362Yes do it, we need more good corruption stories on here. I have got to say, good story, but the grammar and slight lack of detail do detract from it a bit. Interesting note, there is a vocal of a corrupted Shining Armor, either this was inspired by it or matches it perfectly.

5625442 I orginally had a plan in which I made a trilogy but I lost my editors and interest. I honestly do want to continue this but I don't know where to start.

5626682 Well, I don't write on this site, but my advice would be to look for new editors wherever you can and try to get your mind back into the flow of the story.

Do. The. Sequel. :flutterrage:
(Him, if that's okay with you :fluttershysad:)

Login or register to comment