• Published 14th May 2014
  • 2,047 Views, 11 Comments

Fluttershy's Masquerade- Season 4 - The Lost Episodes- Three - Matthais Unidostres



After a few failed attempts by Discord to get Fluttershy to see the fun in chaotic pranks, Fluttershy is shown it forcibly by a ancient mask.

  • ...
1
 11
 2,047

Act Three

Eventually, morning came, and the light of the Sun slowly nudged the ponies lying in the streets awake. Still tired and sore, the ponies groaned as they got up off of the hard ground.

Twilight Sparkle moaned as he held her throbbing head. That safe had made a beeline straight for her after it hit Discord. Although this wasn't the first time her head was the target for an insanely heavy object, but that didn't make it nay more pleasurable. She looked around at the huge mess all around Ponyville. From confetti, to pie tins, banana peels; the entire place was a mess.

Twilight's thoughts were interrupted by the sound of anguished crying. Rarity was in tears over her cream pie covered dress, and Spike was doing his best to console her.

Rainbow Dash stumbled through the awakening crowd, bags under her eyes as she held her head as well. When she made it to Twilight, she asked, "Twilight? Did what happen last night. . .really happen last night?"

Twilight frowned, "If you mean Fluttershy showing up in that crazy looking get up and tortuously livening up the ball. . .then yeah."

"Well, what Ah wanna know is how. And why." Applejack said impatiently.

Pinkie Pie ran up to them and shouted, "MY PARTY CANNON! SHE STOLE MY PARTY CANNON! WHERE IS IT!?"

Twilight put a hoof on Pinkie's head and pushed down. "Calm down, Pinkie Pie. Let's gather some information first." Twilight gained a suspicious look and said, "And I think I know where we can look first."

Twilight immediately went over to Discord, who still seemed to be unconscious. Wasting no time, Twilight zapped Discord in the rump.

"OOOWWWWWWWWW!!!" Discord shouted as he shot fifty feet up into the air, but then floated down gently with an umbrella. "Haven't you ever heard of smelling salts?" he complained, and to emphasise his point, he took out a salt shaker with a nose on it. The salt shaker sniffed a few times, and then sneezed hard enough to blow itself out of Discord's claw.

"No more funny business, Discord! We all demand to know what you did to Fluttershy!" Twilight sid angrily.

"What I did!?" Discord said in shock, holding his mismatched hands up in defense.

"Come on, Discord. Fluttershy as acting just like you, if not a little worse!" Rainbow Dash accused.

"Look, it was an accident!" Discord said desperately.

"HA! So you admit it was you!" Rainbow Dash said as she pointed a hoof in his face.

"It was an accident!" Discord repeated.

"YOU!" Rarity practically scowled as she ran over with Spike close behind, "THIS IS YOUR FAULT! THIS TRAVESTY OF FASHION-"

Discord snapped his fingers and Rarity's dress was instantly made prestine.

"There! You're dry cleaned, okay? Now will you hear me out?" Discord asked a little shortly.

"All we want are answers, Discord," Twilight said in a calmed tone. The rest of the friends nodded.

"Well good, because here's the answer: the Mask," Discord said.

"What mask?" Twilight asked.

"The Mask that I made over a thousand years ago," Discord explained as he pulled down a projection screen. The screen showed Discord apparently barfing up some of his chaotic magic into the green wooden mask. "I had wanted to make myself a little Chaos minion to help me spread more Anarchy, so I made a magical mask that would make whoever wears it chaotic like me. And lo and behold, it worked." The screen then showed Discord slapping the Mask on a hapless pony, and then the pony turning into something similar to what Fluttershy had looked like. The the film seemed to melt, along with the screen. "I had sent my minion to spread Chaos on the other side of the world, but then Celestia and Luna used the Elements of Harmony for the first time. Maybe the Elements somehow made the Mask come off despite the long distance, or maybe it just came off by itself. All I know is that my minion must have really brought on quite a storm of chaos. Why else would somepony have built a secret cavern just to hide it? I had completely forgotten about it, but then somepony found it just yesterday. I had put enchantments on it so I'd know whenever somepony picked it up, so I just popped over there and reclaimed my property."

"And you gave it to Fluttershy!?" Twilight exclaimed.

"No!" Discord said in disbelief of the accusation, but then he shuffled nervously and said, "I . . .put it in a chest. . .and. . .I might have. . .accidently. . .left the chest at Fluttershy's cottage."

Twilight growled in frustration and face hoofed hard. "I can't believe you left something so dangerous just lying around!"

"It was not just lying around! It was in a chest!" Discord said desperately.

Spike and the Mane Six all glared at him.

Discord actually sobbed as he shrunk himself down to the size of Owlicious. "Look, I didn't do this on purpose! You gotta believe me! True, I wanted Fluttershy to see how fun a little chaos could be, but not like this! Finding that Mask was all a coincidence! Honest!" Discord did the motions for a Pinkie Promise, "Cross my heart and hope to fly! Stick a cupcake in my eye!"

Pinkie Pie instantly cheered up. "Oh, okay then! We believe you!"

Applejack nodded, "Ah'm with Pinkie on this one. Discord's telling the truth I can tell."

Rarity sighed, "Well, he did fix my dress. . .so fine." She and Spike turned to each other and nodded.

Rainbow Dash hovered in the air with her forelegs folded grumpily for a moment while averting her eyes from Discord. She then sighed and said, "Well, you and Fluttershy are so 'palsy walsy,' so yeah, I guess it all checks out."

"Just don't be so careless ever again. Friends can get hurt that way," Twilight warned.

Discord expanded back to his normal size and said, "Save the lesson for after we solve the problem. Speaking of which, we need to find Fluttershy and get that Mask off, pronto!"

"Let's try her Cottage first," Twilight said.

"WAIT!" Rarity cried out as Discord was about to snap his fingers, "My outfit-"

Discord sighed with annoyance and went through with snapping his fingers, causing everyone's masquerade outfits to disappear and reappear in neat plastic bags next to them. "There, now let's get Fluttershy out of my mess already!" Discord snapped his fingers and everyone teleported off.


The group reappeared in front of Fluttershy's cottage, which seemed to be calm and quiet.

Twilight put a hoof to her mouth and shushed everyone. "Shhh! Be quiet. Maybe we can just sneak in and-"

"To hay with that!" Discord shouted as he marched forward and roughly opened the cottage door. Once inside, Discord produced a megaphone and said, "ATTENTION! FLUTTERSHY THE PEGASUS! COME OUT WITH YOUR HOOVES UP AND THE MASK IN PLAIN SIGHT!"

Twilight teleported in and slapped the megaphone out of Discord's hands. "What are you do- ugggh! Forget it!"

The rest of the group came in and looked around the quiet cottage.

"It seems quiet," Applejack commented.

"Too quiet. . ." Rainbow Dash said smoothly with shifty eyes.

"You're right Rainbow Dash," Twilight said.

"She is?" both Applejack and Rarity said at once.

Twilight motioned to the empty cottage and said, "Where are all the animals!?"

Suddenly, a carrot hit Twilight hit her on the head. She looked down to see Angel Bunny tapping his foot impatiently.

"Ooh! There's one!" Pinkie Pie cheered.

"The worst one," Spike muttered.

"I'm right there with ya, Spikey-Boy!" Discord said as he nudged Spike on the shoulder.

Angel looked up at the group for a moment, and then pulled a straw hat and cane out of nowhere. Banjo music started playing as Angel began dancing and singing.

The Wonderbolt Derby sings this song,
Doo-da, Doo-da
The Wonderbolt's racetrack's five miles long
Oh, de doo-da day

I went down there with my hat caved in,
Doo-da, doo-da
I came back home with a pocket full of tin
Oh, de doo-da day

Goin' to run all night
Goin' to run all day
Fancy Pants bet on the Rapid Fire nag
Somebody bet on the gray

And with that, Angel dashed off in stage left and vanished.

Everyone stared in slack jawed silence.

"That was supposed to be funny. .. right?" Pinkie asked, sounding very unsure of herself.

Discord looked over at Pinkie and said, "Uh, no. There's Funny Chaos, there's Creepy Chaos, and there's Destroy the World Chaos. That was not Funny Chaos, and I know funny! And I know that wasn't funny because-"

Angel suddenly appeared in Discord's face and gave blood curdling shriek with eyes three times as big as normal, causing them to pop out dramatically.

"AHH!" Discord screamed as he lost his balance and fell over.

And then Angel pulled his head off like an over the head rubber mask and revealed that he had the head of Princess Celestia smiling deviously.

"WAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!" Discord shouted as he waved his arms in front of his face frantically.

Angel pulled the Celestia head off like before, revealing his normal head. He then twirled one foot around, a zipped into the cottage. .. or at least into what appeared to be a wide of sheet of paper that depicted the cottage. The bunny tore through, leaving what looked like a hole torn in space.

Discord looked up slowly, and then gained an impressed demeanor, "Well, well, well. If it isn't the old 'room is actually a really realistic looking picture' trick. How original." Discord reached out and ripped the wide canvas off, revealing Fluttershy lounging on a pink throne with a pair of flapping butterfly wings sticking out of it. As she lay there, her mane was moving like the Mane-iac, or Pinkie Pie, and hung a bunch of grapes over her mouth.

Fluttershy noticed the arrivals and lept into the air as her eyes stretched out and slapped everyone across their faces.

The eyes shot back into her face, and she said sassily, "Woooah, man! You haven't heard of knocking?"

"GIVE ME BACK MY PARTY CANNON!" Pinkie Pie shouted. A bucket of water suddenly landed on her head, and the water froze her solid.

Twilight teleported to Fluttershy's side and said, "No stalling, Fluttershy. That mask has gotta go!" Twilight reached out with her hooves, but Fluttershy bumped her hooves against Twilight, and the Alicron was suddenly zapped by electricity.

Twilight fell down burnt and dazed as Fluttershy laughed and showed off the joybuzzers on his hooves.

"Twilight!" Spike shouted fearfully as he ran towards her.

"What in the hay was that for?" Applejack asked.

Fluttershy quickly lassoed Applejack and pulled her in close to her face. "Well, it's a joke! Ya know? Joke!"

And then gallons of apple cider poured out of Applejack's hat, washing her down as if she had fallen into a waterfall. The lasso floated stiff in mid-air, and Fluttershy walked along the thin tightrope and towards Discord.

"It's okay if you girls don't understand Chaos like I do," Fluttershy said as she made a final jump over to Discord and landed in his arms. "Discord and I are partners in Chaos, and that's enough for me!" she said as she lounged carelessly against Discord's lion arm.

Discord sighed. "Sorry, Fluttershy," he said as she dropped her. She crashed through the floor as if she weight a ton, leaving a Fluttershy shaped imprint in the wooden floor, complete with hair. Fluttershy shot up out of the hole, her legs grown so long that she looked like a giraffe.

"Let me refresh your memory," she said, and she flipped the scene back to the party last night with Fluttershy singing the Western and dancing with Discord.

Don't bring me down I pray

The scene flipped back to the present, with Fluttershy hovering in front of Discord with her hooves on her shoulders sassily. "I gave you just one thing to do, and you really couldn't do it?"

Discord pushed Fluttershy down to the ground and said, "Look, pal. I thought I wanted you to embrace the wonderful world of Chaos. I thought I wanted you to prank and go wild and have fun. But what good is that if you're not yourself, and the truth is, Fluttershy just isn't chaotic."

"Oh, I certainly am chaotic!" Fluttershy said as she shot back up into the air.

"Then you are not Fluttershy!" Discord said as he poked the pegasus in the chest, "So, be a pal, and let me take that darned mask off now!"

Fluttershy humphed sourly and shoved Discord angrily, singing threateningly at him in a harsher, crazier voice that further differentiated herself from their normal Fluttershy.

Better wait a minute.
Ya better hold the phone.
Ya better mind your manners.
Better change your tone.

Don't you threaten me son.
You got a lot of gall.
We gonna do things my way.
Or we won't do things at all.

Fluttershy backflipped away from Discord and pulled the guitar from the party out of her mane. She twirled around and played it, although the instrument not only produced guitar sounds. It also produced some horns and percussion. Everyone's attention was grabbed by the sudden music. It even caught Rainbow Dash's attention, causing her to cease chugging apple cider from Applejack's hat.

Twilight looked up at Fluttershy and gulped nervously as the chaotic pegasus played and sang.

Ya don't know what you're messin' with.
You got no idea.
Ya don't know what you're lookin' at
When you're lookin' here.

Ya don't know what you're up against,
No, no way, no how.
You don't know what you're messin' with,
But I'm gonna tell you now!

It was suddenly revealed where all the animals had gone when tons of birds, mice, squirrels, chipmunks, gophers, and rabbits wearing randomly colored leather jackets and holding microphones. They surrounded the group as they oohed and ahhed and sang a chorus along to the beat of the song that was still going on in the background.

Fluttershy let out a laugh and flashed a huge toothy smile.

Get this straight!
I'm just a mean green pony with the magic Mask
and I'm bad.

Mean, green, bad!

I'm just a mean green pony with the magic Mask
and it looks like you been had.

I'm just a mean green pony with the magic Mask,
So get off my back, don't you even ask,

'Cause I'm mean and green!
And I am bad.

Twilight narrowed her eyes at Fluttershy, and her horn glowed as she pulled at Fluttershy's head. The pegasus wiped the magic aura away as if it jelly. She then whistled, and a bunch of gophers and chipmunks tackled Twilight as they cackled and giggled as they spoke to each other in fast high pitched tones.

"Hey! Get off! AHH!" Twilight shouted as she took flight. However, the animals covered her eyes and pulled at her wings, causing her to fly blindly and wildly.

Wanna save your skin, huh?
You wanna save your hide?
You wanna see tomorrow? Ha-Ha!
You better step aside.

Fluttershy produced two rings of fire and held them up for Twilight to blindly fly through, much to Spike's terror. Twilight then went on to knock over cages and knock into furniture and house plants.

Better take a tip now.
Want some good advice?
Ya better take it easy,
'Cause you're walkin' on thin ice!

CRASH!

Twilight smashed into Pinkie Pie's frozen form, freeing her but sending them both rolling into the wall. Fluttershy took an impossibly huge step over to them and slapped Dunce caps on their heads.

Ya don't know what you're dealing with.
No, you never did.
Ya don't know what you're lookin' at,
But that's tough toe nails, kid!

Applejack and Rainbow Dash ran over with the intention to tackle Fluttershy, but were shocked still when she suddenly turned around wearing a white karate gi with a black belt. Fluttershy winked and began performing a slew of wild kicks, punches, jumps, twirls, and other wild karate moves.

The Lion don't sleep tonight,
And if you pull her tail, she roars!

THWACK! SLAP!

"OUCH!"

Ya say, "That ain't fair"?

THWAP!

"Hey-OWW!"

Ya say, "That ain't nice"?
Ya know what I say? "That's war!"

Applejack and Rainbow Dash were comically tossed into a wall, where there bodies left imprints after they fell down. Squirrels ran over wearing big noses, glasses, and mustaches and stuck their tongues out at the two mares.

Watch me now!
I'm just a mean green pony with the magic Mask
And I'm bad.

Mean, green, bad!

Discord came in with a huge bird cage and slammed it over Fluttershy. The pegasus just sneezed and the grew legs and ran towards Rarity, who screamed and started running circles around the cottage.

I'm just a mean green pony with the magic Mask,
And you've got me fightn' mad.

I'm just a mean green pony with the magic Mask,
Gonna rock this place! Gonna have a blast!

I'm mean and green,
And I am bad.

Fluttershy threw a pie at Discord, but the Draconequis' head split in half and let the pie soar through. But then the pie stopped in mid air, turned around, and flew back at him. Discord caught the pie with his tail and turned to give it a quick glance.

POW!

A huge boxing glove popped out of the pie and knocked Discord to the ground. All of the animals in the cottage applauded, and Fluttershy soaked up the praise. She bent down to Discord's eye level and lyrically lectured him.

Don't talk to me about King Sombra
You think he's the worst? Well he just aint! Huh!
Don't talk to me about the Changeling Queen.
You think she's ruthless? HA! She ain't like me!

Discord's facial expression changed from shocked to angered, and he snapped his fingers to teleport from the ground to the other side of the cottage, which now suddenly contained a boxing ring. Spike massaged Discord's shoulders encouragingly, and then handed him his mouthguard and boxing gloves. The Draconequis bobbed and weaved and threw a few practice punches, breathing in and out heavily through his nose. The bell rang, signaling the start of the next round. Discord turned to face Fluttershy. . . only to find that the red, yellow, and green pony now stood three times his height, the cottage suddenly tall enough to accommodate her sudden increase in height.

You know I should know when somebody's doomed.
I don't need the Sun, I don't need the Moon!
You can keep the Nightmare,
Keep the vines,
Keep Lord Tirek, his don't have my mind!

The mouth guard fell out of Discord's gaping jaw with a clatter.

"That's it, I'm gone!" Spike shouted, and he ran towards the door.

The boxing ring suddenly vanished, and a normal sized Fluttershy appeared in front of the door, causing Spike to skid to halt. Spike cried out in fear as Fluttershy's face was an inch away from his own.

I got garden style, major moves.
I got the stuff, and I think that proves,
You better move it out! Chaos calls!
You got the point? You're gonna hit that wall!

Spike blinked in confusion. "Wall? What wall?"

As an answer to Spike's question, the section of the floor he was standing on sprang out and launched Spike into a conveniently placed brick wall, which he slid down off of like a rotten tomato after impact.

Discord stared at Fluttershy as she laughed at this. He just gaped at her for a bit, but eventually found his voice and said, "Alright, now you're acting like me before I was reformed!"

"GOOD!" Fluttershy cheered, and she started spitting out seeds at the ground like a machine gun.

Discord backed off from the bullet seeds, and his eyes widened in shock when he realizes that they were Plunder Seeds, like that ones he used to attack the Tree of Harmony.

The ground began to tremble violently as the black vines burst out of the floor.

Here it comes!
I'm just a mean green pony with the magic Mask
And I'm bad.

Mean, green, bad!

Discord tried snapping his fingers, but the vines quickly bound all of his limbs and pulled him down to the ground. Fluttershy flew over and stepped on top of his chest.

I'm just a mean green pony with the magic Mask
You can't beat this trouble, man.

I'm just a mean green pony with the magic Mask,
So just give it up. You're gonna have a blast.

I'm mean and green!

Discord strained to move as the vines wrapped around both of his horns. "At least this couldn't get any worse," he muttered.

Angel Bunny fell down out of nowhere in a Mafia outfit and put the pointy end of a carrot to Discord's chin.

"WHY DID I SAY THAT!?" Discord shouted in disbelief in himself as Angel and Fluttershy laughed and sang.

Mean green pony with the magic Mask

I'm mean and green!

Mean green pony with the magic Mask

I'm mean and green!

Mean green pony with the magic Mask

Mean green pony with the magic Mask

Fluttershy performed an impressive backflip and spun around and around into a small living tornado.

And I...
Am...
Bad!

When Fluttershy stopped spinning, she was holding a huge black round bomb with a lit fuze. The bomb was twice Fluttershy's size, and yet she didn't seem to have any trouble holding it over her head.

"Ah-hahahahahaha! Bye-bye, Discord!"

And then, out of nowhere and unexpectedly, Pinkie Pie's Party Cannon fell from the sky, smashed through the roof, and landed right on top of the bomb. The added weight seemed to be too much for Fluttershy, and she gasped, groaned, and struggled as she appeared to loose her balance in mid air. She fell back with a scream and went straight down the Fluttershy shaped hole she had made in the floor earlier. The huge bomb smashed through the floor after her, it's fuze still hissing as it burned. There was a loud whistling sound as Fluttershy fell for what seemed to be a few minutes, and then-

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!

When the dust and smoke settled, everyone took the chance to slowly open their eyes. Discord noticed that the Plunder Seed Vines had vaporised, and that all the animals were back to normal, their eyes wide with confusion as they looked around fearfully at the wrecked cottage.

Rainbow Dash rubbed her face and looked around. "Is it over?" she asked.

Twilight dusted her wings off as the gophers and chipmunk ran from her fearfully. She noticed Rarity stuck in the cage, and used her magic to release her. Twilight looked around and said, "Well, it looks like everypony is safe now."

"Yeah. . .safe. . ." Spike muttered as he dizzily walked away from the brick wall, and then fell flat on his stomach in exhaustion.

"So, what about that darn mask?" Applejack asked Discord, who was slowly getting up and stretching his sore limbs.

As an answer to the question, the Mask suddenly fell from the sky ring in front of Discord. He wasted no time in immediately snatching up the Mask and glaring at it with that were literally on fire. "You! This is all you fault!" he shouted at the Mask. He then opened his mouth wide and shoved the Mask down his throat. He swallowed hard, and the Mask landed in his stomach with an audible splash. A loud rumbling was heard, and Discord quickly turned to an open window and let out a huge blech of green fire.

"Ahh. . ." Discord sighed, "Better now. . ."

"But what about Fluttershy?" Twilight asked nervously.

"On it!" Pinkie said with a salute, and she dived into the hole the bomb made. Her voice could be heard from the surface. "Come on. . .come on. . .YES! YES!" Pinkie jumped back out, hugging her Party Cannon. "Don't worry, Auntie Pinkie Pie is here," she cooed to the Party Cannon as she nuzzled it.

Discord groaned in disgust, "Oh, for goodness, sake!" He then threw himself into the hole and landed in the sizeable alcove the bomb carved out. He turned to the left, and saw Fluttershy lying unconscious, looking just as she had before the whole incident.

Discord quickly carried Fluttershy out of the hole and shook her by the shoulder. "Come on, Fluttershy! Come to, Fluttershy, come to," he urged. Suddenly, the "smelling salt shaker" with the nose on it from earlier landed on Fluttershy head and floated under her nose. This cause Fluttershy to stir and finally open her eyes.

"What. . ." she said groggily, "Where am I . . .what happened. . .I'm so confused. . ."

Fluttershy was cut off when everypony else ran forwards and joined in on a huge group hug.

"What's going on?" Fluttershy gasped, surprised by the sudden show of affection. When her friends backed off, she noticed the condition of her cottage. "Oh my goodness! What happened!?"

Everyone stared at Discord.

The Draconequis laughed nervously. "Heh-heh-heh. . . uhhhh, I got some explaining to do, don't I?" he said miserably.


It's nice when friends have things in common. Usually that goes without saying. And friends can help you learn to enjoy new things. However, friends don't have to be exactly alike or like the exact same things. I had wanted Fluttershy to like Chaos as much as me. When Fluttershy reformed me, she just wanted to help me and show me friendship. I just wanted to be more Chaotic because I wanted to be able to practice more Chaos. I was in it for myself. But the thing is, when you try to change a person for selfish reasons, for your own benefit and not theirs; you can end up turning your friend into something they're not, someone who's not at all like the person you wanted to be friends with to begin with. . . .Granted, Fluttershy putting on the Mask and turning into a crazy being of Chaos was not a deliberate act on my part and not something I wanted to happen, but it did help me appreciate Fluttershy for who she is; a kind, gentle friend who I never want to change.

Discord

Discord signed his name in the Friendship Journal and sighed contentedly. "Ah yes. Finished! My very first Friendship Journal entry!" He then turned to Fluttershy's cottage and smiled, "And the cottage is good as knew." Discord folded his arms as he stood in a carpenter's outfit, complete with hard hat. "Although, it would've taken me two seconds rather than a day and a night if somepony had just let me-."

Twilight nudged Discord in the side as she took the Friendship Journal from him. "Sorry, Discord, but I couldn't just let you use magic like that and fix in instantly. You needed to see some consequences for your actions."

"And being tormented by a Chaotic Fluttershy wasn't 'consequences' enough?" Discord asked incredulously.

"Don't you feel better?" Twilight asked.

Discord though this over, and then nodded. "Yes, I suppose I do."

"Good," Twilight said brightly.

Discord turned to Fluttershy and said, "Again, I am so very sorry for leaving that Mask where you found it. I was so careless, and I ma so sorry."

Fluttershy hugged Discord and said, "It's okay. It was an accident. I forgave you the moment you told me what happened." Fluttershy the flew up and held her hoof out to him. Discord smiled, and too her hoof in his paw.

He was suddenly zapped with electricity.

Discord eventually let go and stared up at Fluttershy as she showed him the joy buzzer on her hoof.

The pegasus shrugged, smiled adorably, and said, "A harmless prank is okay. . .when it's harmless."

THE END

Author's Note:

"Mean Green Mother From Outer Space" from Little Shop of Horrors

Comments ( 2 )

Awww:rainbowkiss:

... You did it, you actually did it, you managed to make a crossover with The Mask and not use either Somebody Stop Me or Ssssmokin'! with all the references in FIM, I'm impressed, I am honestly, that must have taken amazing self restraint.

Login or register to comment