• Published 3rd Apr 2012
  • 1,828 Views, 36 Comments

The Cutie Mark Stoners - Sleipnir



The CMCs discover a substance that sends them on wacky adventures...

  • ...
18
 36
 1,828

The Aftermath

A few hours had already passed and Apple Bloom was still feeling the effects of the puff of smoke from that fateful moment in the tree-house.

Judging from the position of the moon, it was well past midnight. She was fully aware that her family was going to figuratively roast her alive and eat her with all kinds of apple-related condiments for staying out so late, but she simply did not care. The only reason she was going home at all was because despite all the effects of the smoke that she inhaled, it did not keep her from getting tired. If anything, it made her more tired.

At this point, a meteorite could have landed next to Apple Bloom's feet without gaining any sort of attention from the filly, as meteorites are not edible.

It would normally take her just ten minutes to cover the distance to the apple orchard from Fluttershy's cottage, but in this state, it would probably take at least three times longer.

The more she forgot about how tired she was, the more she noticed an even more prevalent feeling, this one centered in her stomach. She hadn't really eaten anything on her trip, since she had been focusing more on... other things. Even though she wanted more than anything to stay with the other two fillies to taste the pig, a voice in her head kept telling her that she must return home. Interestingly, it was the voice of her older sister.

Apple Bloom was having a hard time choosing if this was a sign that her high was diminishing or a sign that it was actually increasing, even though that made no sense. Oddly enough, making sense didn't really make sense to the filly anymore, so she shrugged off the thought.

Suddenly, beautiful, shining colours, all packed in one spot caught the eyes of the Earth Pony filly. Looking more closely, she noticed that instead of one cluster of shining colours, there were two, who appeared to be connected to each other by a thin, dark strand. Furthermore, they both seemed to flap gracefully up and down, allowing the shiny object to fly effortlessly through the air.

This seemed eerily familiar, but Apple Bloom simply couldn't put her hoof on it. Was Rainbow Dash suddenly the size of a butterfly?

Wait... that is a butterfly! Apple Bloom thought, giving herself a stupid grin.

The butterfly took a few moments to fly around the filly who looked at it with all her "Ooh's" and "Aah's," before it landed right on her muzzle.

The sudden fest of shiny colours almost overwhelmed Apple Bloom. She froze, lost control of all her facial muscles which resulted in uncountable twitches and a jaw-drop so violent that it very nearly dislocated.

And then, her hunger spiked.

Apple Bloom very, very carefully sat down on her haunches to avoid scaring the butterfly off. She succeeded, and then proceeded to carefully clamp one of its wings between her front hooves, trapping it in her grasp.

Apple Bloom's heartbeat went up as far as the high allowed it to go. In her hooves was the most delicious-looking thing she had ever seen in her entire life. This butterfly contained all, if not more than all of the colours in a rainbow. To Apple Bloom, each of these colours represented a different taste.

In one sweeping motion, Apple Bloom put the struggling butterfly into her mouth, and chomped on it. Just as she expected, it tasted unlike any kind of food she had grown up with. This was more crunchy. What she didn't expect, was that the butterfly didn't actually taste all that heavenly. The taste was tolerable, but nothing more than that. So she swallowed the crushed insect and went on her way.

Clearly, butterflies are better admired than eaten.

When she was about halfway to her destination, a strange voice suddenly whispered to her from the direction of a nearby house.

"Psst... hey kid... I have candy. You want some?"

In a dark alleyway stood the confirmation that the voice was not imaginary. Apple Bloom could only make out that this was a grey stallion wearing a black trench coat.

The very thought of eating candy completely rid the mind of the filly of any common sense that had not been taken away by her intoxication.

"Oooooh, maaaaaan! Candy would be aaaawesome! Apple Bloom replied, not sparing any use of vowels.

The filly walked away with the mysterious stranger, completely forgetting about Sweet Apple Acres.

Apple Bloom was never seen or heard from again.


Back in a familiar area, a small white Unicorn lay curled up with a rather large, sleeping pig. The Sun was almost up high enough to shine its warm rays on Ponyville.

When the rays of the sun finally settled on Sweetie Belle, the warmth woke her up. Like every other morning, she took a few moments to absorb the first sensations of her day. While it was quite a surprise that she had been sleeping outside and that she was covered in mud, one particular sensation stood out to her. It felt as if someone was prodding her on the backside with a stick.

Sweetie Belle's eyes widened as the memories of yesterday hit her like a ton of weed. The ton of weed was joined by a cold wave of pure horror when she realized the cause of the sensation on her backside.

Sweetie Belle sprung up off her hooves. In a complete surge of panic, the filly screamed off the top of her lungs while running around as if the world was coming to an end.

"GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH WHATHAVEIDONEWHATHAVEIDONEWHATHAVEIDONEWHATHAVEIDONE?!?!?!"

Fluttershy, who always got up early in the morning to take care of her animals, instantly recognized the voice of the filly in distress. She hurried out of her cottage only to discover a partly mud-covered Sweetie Belle still screaming louder than would be imaginable for any other pony, save for the other two crusaders.

"Um, Sweetie Belle?"

No response.

"Sweetie Belle?"

When the filly still kept on screaming, ignoring everything around her, Fluttershy understood that this was not something that could be solved with mere words. It was a relief to the yellow Pegasus to a certain extent, since words were usually a weakness to her.

Fluttershy stepped into the path that the running and screaming filly was on, capturing her in a tight, affectionate embrace. Sweetie Belle immediately buried her head under Fluttershy's wing and broke into tears.

Fluttershy smiled and wrapped her wings around the crying filly. "There, there, just let it all out." She figured that it was best not to pressure the young filly into telling her what had happened, since it seemed much more serious than the usual teasing she and her friends sometimes had to tolerate from their classmates. This was best left for a family member, or if necessary, a professional.

Sweetie Belle tried to stop crying to talk to say something to the yellow Pegasus. "I messed up, Fluttershy. I did some really stupid things." She said, looking up at her.

Fluttershy gave the filly her most comforting smile. "Don't worry about it. Let's just get you home."

Fluttershy led the sobbing Unicorn towards Rarity's boutique, neither of them saying a single word the whole way.

Inside the boutique, Rarity was still sleeping. She had been well aware of Sweetie Belle's absence, and spent the better part of the previous night trying to track her down without success. Unsurprisingly, she found out from Applejack that her little sister Apple Bloom also didn't come home, probably for the same reason as Sweetie Belle. These fillies were always doing crazy things together.

"Um… Rarity?"

"GAAAAH!" Rarity jumped and fell out of her bed, but was saved from landing on her muzzle by a surprisingly quick-to-react Fluttershy.

"Fluttershy? What are you doing here, dear?" Rarity asked.

"Well, um… thing is… I found Sweetie Belle in my-"

"YOU FOUND MY SWEETIE BELLE? WHERE IS SHE?!" Rarity yelled, positioning her face mere centimeters away from the Pegasus's muzzle.

"She… she's in the shower." Fluttershy replied nervously.

The faint watery noise in the background confirmed Fluttershy's words, alleviating Rarity's worries. "I see. Thank you Fluttershy. Now tell me, what happened?"

"Well, when I found her outside my cottage, she was covered in mud. She was really upset, so I calmed her down and brought her here. I don't know exactly what happened, but she probably spent the night in the mud with Mister Tiny." Fluttershy explained meekly.

"Mister Tiny?" Rarity asked with a puzzled, yet shocked look on her face. She had guessed as to what Mister Tiny was, but she didn't want to believe it.

"He's a pig." Fluttershy finished, smiling awkwardly.

Even though this was exactly what Rarity had expected to hear, she still couldn't hide the horrified look on her face. The thought of Sweetie Belle spending a night in the mud with a pig was… revolting.

Rarity tried to speak, but she simply couldn't find the words to express her emotions, which was very unusual for the normally well-spoken Unicorn.

The noise in the background stopped. Rarity and Fluttershy both took notice, so they both walked out of Rarity's bedroom to the bathroom. The door creaked open, and out stepped a damp Unicorn filly, who had an apologetic look on her face.

"Hey sis…" Sweetie Belle said, looking down at her hooves.

Rarity briefly contemplated scolding her, but the sight of her little sister provoked feelings of relief and joy that simply did not allow her to. Instead, Rarity did the only appropriate thing in this situation. That is, to wrap her sister up in the most affectionate hug the sisters had ever shared.

"Oh Sweetie Belle, don't you ever do that again. I don't know what I'd do without you."

A faint smile appeared on Sweetie Belle's face. Instead of replying, she allowed the hug to speak for itself.

Standing a few meters away, Fluttershy squeed in delight at the sight of the reconciling sisters in front of her. "I should go." She said, turning her body to face the exit.

"Of course, dear." Rarity replied, releasing her filly sister from her grasp. "Oh, and Fluttershy? Thank you."

Halfway to the exit, Fluttershy stopped. She turned her head back to look at her friend and her sister, giving them a warm smile. "Glad I could help." Fluttershy then left the building.

"Now, Sweetie Belle. Would you mind explaining-" Rarity stopped in mid-sentence. Like so many times today, Rarity wore a shocked look, this time directing it at the blank flank of her younger sister.

Except it wasn't blank. On Sweetie Belle's flank was the image of a muzzle of a pony licking a vague, undefined surface.

Throughout her life, Rarity had seen many cutie marks. Some big or small, flashy or nearly unnoticeable, while others were clearly fake. And this abomination on Sweetie Belle's flank was no fake.

Images of her sister and the pig in the kind of situation that her new special talent insinuated forcefully surfaced in Rarity's mind, only to be figuratively ripped apart, burned, salted and buried in the ground forever.

Rarity turned her head to look into Sweetie Belle's emerald eyes, also pointing at her flank. "SWEETIE BELLE! WHAT IN ALL OF EQUESTRIA HAVE YOU BEEN DOING?!"

Sweetie Belle looked confused, until she followed her sister's hoof to her flank, revealing the symbol of her special talent. The young filly always imagined that the first time she saw her cutie mark would be something she would always remember as one of the happiest moments of her life. Instead of joy, just one thought filled the filly's mind when looking at her cutie mark.

"Shit."


Back in a certain tree-house, an orange Pegasus filly woke from her peaceful slumber.

Scootaloo rose from her bed, looking outside the window at the world. "Another beautiful day in paradise."

Scootaloo was happy. She had slept well, the Sun was shining, the birds were chirping, and the previous day had been among the very best days of her life.

"Time for breakfast." Scootaloo thought to herself.

Scootaloo stepped out into the sunshine and took a deep breath of morning air, soaking in the following feeling of peace and serenity.

Instead of walking down the walkway to the ground below, Scootaloo stretched her wings, cracking a few joints. With a determined look on her face, Scootaloo gracefully leapt up into the air, aiming for a tree in the vicinity, Scootaloo glided nearly thirty meters, carefully adjusting her wings to keep her aloft, until she entered the leafy part of the tree. For a split second, her view was completely blocked by leaves in her eyes, only allowing her a precious few moments to react to colliding with a large branch. She successfully caught on to the branch, hugging its side right before skillfully flinging her body on top of it.

So far, this had been her least flawed flight from the tree-house into the tree. It surely wouldn't be long until her growth allowed her to use her wings for true flight, not just gliding.

Scootaloo picked a well grown apple from the tree and took a bite out of it.

"Sweet Celestia, this apple is awesome!"

Scootaloo took her time eating the apple to admire the beauty of the tree and its inhabitants, which included a very curious squirrel that jumped towards her, obviously wanting a bite of the apple.

"Oh, you're just too cute. Here you go. Have a bite." Scootaloo presented the apple to the squirrel, allowing it to take a bite. The squirrel took a sniff of the apple before biting a small chunk out of it. These things were cute beyond belief. It was suddenly very understandable to the orange filly that Fluttershy had taken such a liking to these critters.

As that thought raced past, the squirrel happily jumped on Scootaloo's shoulder, giving the side of her head a hug. Scootaloo could hear that the squirrel was still chewing the apple, nearly giving her a heart attack from pure cuteness.

The squirrel squeaked and jumped away.

Scootaloo finished the apple and decided it was time for more important things. She jumped off the branch and glided back towards the tree-house, landing near the bottom of the walkway that led to the entrance. She trotted up into the headquarters of their secret society.

Scootaloo briefly wondered what her two friends were doing right now, but she brushed off that thought. They were probably back in their comfortable homes, doing whatever. It didn't bother Scootaloo at all. As far as she was concerned, life was great.

"All right then…" Scootaloo said to nopony in particular. She opened a drawer next to her sleeping spot and picked up a small, wooden box.

"Now... let's get this party started!" Scootaloo said to herself, wearing a wide grin.

An inscription was carved on the box.

Spike's stash

Keep out!



tl;dr: dont do drugs lol

Comments ( 16 )

i agree.
poor apple bloom

Really? Applebloom gets abducted?:facehoof:

411695 Eating a butterfly is bad karma, you know.

Oh Apple Bloom, tsk tsk. :rainbowlaugh:
I enjoyed this, a lot. Scootaloo is one crafty little filly! Rainbowdash would be proud. :rainbowkiss:

Applebloom abducted, and Sweetiebelle gets a horrible cutie mark... this ending made me feel like horseapples...which means I feel terrible. But it was a good ending.

:rainbowderp:
WUT...
OKAY COOL
:rainbowlaugh:

Sweetie Bell's reaction.
+1 internet

409103 Mr. Macky, FTW! :rainbowkiss:
411729 All in all, you, sir, :moustache: Did a fabulous job. Me very much gusta (Me no care if that not proper Spanish) Me likey this; I go fave

So she's good with licking? Bet she's good with other mouth related things...:unsuresweetie:

Yeah... that was the only downer of the story... Apple Bloom's abduction

Comment posted by Nikkori deleted Jul 19th, 2015

Hey............ What was Applejack's reaction when Apple Bloom didn't come home?

6223325 If I didn't write it in the story, I probably didn't envision it. Or I just forgot, since I finished this story over three years ago.

You should write a novel-length sequel to fill in the gaps... just a suggestion.

And thus, the saga of the Weedy Mark Smokesaders continues.

Login or register to comment