• Published 25th May 2014
  • 1,435 Views, 342 Comments

Itty-Bitty 2: Revenge of the Tiny - gallagsp the corgi



After the success of Itty-Bitty bite Sized Stories, many stories were left untold. Here are those stories, still under 500 words, still crazy random, still written by a man who thinks he's a Welsh Corgi.

  • ...
0
 342
 1,435

An Assassin's Dilemma.

Octavia Philiharmonica. The name was increasingly becoming a household staple in Canterlot as more and more ponies caught on to her musical talents. Concerts became sold out when it was discovered she would be playing. She had all the money she could ask for and agents were practically knocking down her door to get her to sign on with them.

Of course, she had some help, though she didn't know who. A few years ago she was a starving musician fresh out of college, performing in bars and on the street for bits just to pay for her next meal. She would go home every night to her shoddy apartment and stare at the ever increasing pile of bills she couldn't afford to pay. Her entire livelihood was invested in her instrument, if anything happened to it she would most likely take her own life.

Then one day she received a letter in the mail, along with a sizable check made out to her. It described a company dedicated to assisting young talent in making it big, and all they had to do was a few "errands" for the company every now and then. It seemed sketchy at first, but Octavia soon gave in and made the call.

Now here she was, a few years later, on one of these "errands". She had gotten used to this line of work surprisingly quickly. Shutting the roof access door behind her, Octavia set down her briefcase and opened it up, quickly assembling the sniper rifle within. She approached the edge of the building looking toward her target's building. She re-read the note that she found on her coffee table this morning.

New Job
Chimney Sweep
5643 Colten Street
White Unicorn.

FAILURE WILL RESULT IN TERMINATION.

The note was vague, but she had gotten used to them, swiftly deciphering the message. She propped the weapon up on the low wall and looked through the scope, looking for her target.

"No." She said once she found it. "No way..." She moved away from the scope. She couldn't do it. The first job she had regrets taking since the very first one she ever had to do. The line on the note still burned in her mind though, failure will result in termination. She knew what that meant, and she didn't like it.

Vinyl Scratch sat at the desk across the street, talking to her agent. She was blissfully unaware of the moral conflict her best friend was having on a rooftop, with only a glass window separating her from a bullet.

Author's Note:

While writing this, I got inspired to write a Hotline Miami fic, but I'm not quite sure how I could make that one work...