• Published 25th May 2014
  • 1,433 Views, 342 Comments

Itty-Bitty 2: Revenge of the Tiny - gallagsp the corgi



After the success of Itty-Bitty bite Sized Stories, many stories were left untold. Here are those stories, still under 500 words, still crazy random, still written by a man who thinks he's a Welsh Corgi.

  • ...
0
 342
 1,433

The Yarn's Revenge

Her horn glowed, lighting up the small room she was hiding in. Twilight lifted her notebook and pen, opening and turning the pages until she found a blank one. She swallowed hard and began to write.

Day 274,

I can't keep running like this, it's been too long. When will help arrive? Everyone I know is consumed with this idea that the yarn will bring them happiness and salvation. It just isn't true! Yes it is! NO IT ISN'T! It must be my isolation, slowly breaking down my sanity. I can hear voices now. They are the worst at night. They tell me the yarn is good, that I have to give up and go to it to find my purpose in life. I'm going to go to Canterlot in the morning, maybe the princesses can help me with this.

The next morning, Twilight approached the main gates to Canterlot. They were normally open, but for some reason the gates were solidly closed, Twilight detected magic keeping them shut. She called out to anyone on the other side, knowing very well she wouldn't be able to teleport inside.

An armored pony stuck his head over the wall and waved, then disappeared. Twilight frowned, thinking he had just ignored her, then the gate hummed to life, the iron bars sliding upward to open the way. Twilight called her thanks to the guard and stepped through the gate. It slammed shut behind her.

The town seemed abandoned, no pony was out on the streets, no lights or sounds came from the buildings, nothing. Twilight turned back to the gate, but the guard was nowhere to be seen. She swiftly ran through the streets and approached the castle, running up the steps to the landing, she burst through the large doors in to throne room.

"Princess! I finally made it! Something terrible is going on and I-" She was stopped suddenly by what she saw. Colorful strands of yarn adorned everything. The walls, the floor and ceiling, every piece of furniture was covered with yarn.

"No..." Twilight said, taking a step back. Her heart pounded in her chest, her pupils became tiny pinpricks in her eyes. She felt like crying, but no tears came. Princess Celestia sat on her throne, wearing her fuzzy sweater, with an unnatural grin on her face. Next to her stood Father Knitting Needles, the mad pony responsible for all of this.

"Hello, Twilight," Celestia said. "The yarn has been expecting you."

Author's Note:

The yarn returns... All hail the yarn!

If you're clueless about what this is from, it's from the previous installment of Itty-bitty. I did a chapter about a cult worshiping yarn. It's a good read.