• Published 25th May 2014
  • 1,431 Views, 342 Comments

Itty-Bitty 2: Revenge of the Tiny - gallagsp the corgi



After the success of Itty-Bitty bite Sized Stories, many stories were left untold. Here are those stories, still under 500 words, still crazy random, still written by a man who thinks he's a Welsh Corgi.

  • ...
0
 342
 1,431

The Hunter

Cornered, with no means of escape, the changling paced frantically back and forth along the edge of the tower wall. Normally it would try to fly away, or at least fight back, but its pursuer had crippled its wing and horn, and it was a long way down to the ground below. The creature hissed and spat at the hunter, baring its fangs in an attempt to scare him off.

It failed, and as the hunter drew near the changling became more desperate, screeching an hissing, thrashing and snapping its jaws, but still that merciless predator drew near.

The Hunter was an earth pony. This is how he made his living. Ridding equestria of changlings that decided to try to hide out among ponies after the Invasion of Canterlot. He grinned and raised his crossbow for the final strike. The changling recognized the deadly weapon and bolted, dashing at him and knocking him over before retreating down the staircase.

"Damn it." The Hunter said to himself, quickly picking himself up and dusting off his cloak. He found his hat and placed it back atop his head. Instead of running down the stair after his prey, he walked calmly over to the wall and looked over it. Raising his crossbow over the edge, he aimed and waited.

The changling bolted out the front door of the tower. The Hunter Waited a few moments before firing his crossbow. The bolt flew through the air with a high pitched woosh, and after a few seconds it found its mark.

The changling never expected what hit it. With a shriek of pain as the bolt struck its back, It dropped to the ground and wimpered.

The hunter walked down the stairs and approached its target, drawing a large knife. He looked the changling in the eye and grinned again before bringing the blade down on its neck to finish it off.

_______________

A few hours later, the hunter stashed his equipment, wrapped in his cloak, in the hollow of a tree. He had gotten his payment and delivered the trophy to the princess. He took a large drink of water from the well near his home before he walked up to the front door and opened it.

"Hi Big Macintosh." Applejack said when she saw him. "How was the trip? Did you talk to the princess about those crop shipments?"

"Eeyup." Big Macintosh replied, holding out the big sack of bits.