• Published 25th May 2014
  • 1,431 Views, 342 Comments

Itty-Bitty 2: Revenge of the Tiny - gallagsp the corgi



After the success of Itty-Bitty bite Sized Stories, many stories were left untold. Here are those stories, still under 500 words, still crazy random, still written by a man who thinks he's a Welsh Corgi.

  • ...
0
 342
 1,431

That Sinking Feeling

The waves slapped gently against the hull as the ship sailed across the ocean. Twilight wrapped her scarf tighter around her neck to fight back the chilly air around them, and watched the horizon with curiosity. She watched as the horizon seemed to raise and fall as the ship did, she watched the sun slowly set in the west, watched the clouds float by without a care in the world. She wished she could join them, to forget everything and just enjoy the scenery.

Suddenly, her thoughts were interrupted by hoofsteps behind her. She turned and saw the ship's captain approaching her. He tipped his hat and stood next to her.

"Lovely evening we're having, isn't it?"

"Yes, quite."

"Nice clear skies, it'll be smooth sailing tonight."

"I'm glad. I get seasick very easily."

"Really? Then why not fly to your destination?"

"I felt like being a little adventurous."

"Then can I ask you a question, Princess?"

"Of course."

"Why did you choose to stay when the ship is sinking?"

"Wait, what? The ship is sinking?" Twilight yelled out, suddenly aware of the frigid water around her fetlocks and rising. "WHAT THE BUCK CAUSED THIS?"

The captain stood there, frozen in place by both fear and confusion. "You mean you didn't know? We abandoned ship and hour ago!"

"Then why are you here?"

"BECAUSE I'M THE CAPTAIN!" He began to pace, sloshing around in the water. "And here I was all ready to accept my death, the fact that I would freeze in these waters, then drown, but I was alright because the princess was here to comfort me in my final moments, but now she didn't even realize it and now I'm going to be responsible for her death and I'll be a failure and I DON'T WANT TO DIE!" He yelled, grabbing onto Twilight and sobbing uncontrollably.

"There there," Twilight said, trying to comfort him. "After the first minute you'll be too numb to feel the cold anyway."

The water slowly rose above their heads.