• Published 15th Apr 2014
  • 849 Views, 10 Comments

Just a spell gone wrong... - Glitter101



When a potion is messed up Twilight might find herself in a mess that she might not be able to fix.

  • ...
4
 10
 849

friends

Twilight woke up looking under her wing but didn't see Moonlight. See quickly looked around the room and started to panic when she didn't see her. She rushed out of her room and down stairs. She saw Spike in the kitchen cooking breakfast.

"Spike have you seen Moonlight?" Twilight asked.

"She woke up and I decided to bring her down." Spike said. "She's probably in the living room."

Twilight walked out of the kitchen and started looking around the living room and noticed the door was open. "Spike." Twilight called.

"What's wrong Twilight?" Spike asked.

"Please tell me you didn't leave the door open." Twilight said.

"I thought the room could use some fresh air." Spike said.

"Spike! What were you thinking?! She's a little foal, how could you leave her alone and with the door open." Twilight said. Spike was taken aback a little by Twilight's outburst. He decided to not say anything so that she wouldn't get anymore mad. "I'm going to go find her." Twilight said walking out of the room.


Moonlight was crawling around town. She hadn't been outside and she was really curious. She reached sugercube corner and saw two other foals playing outside with a pink pony. Moonlight decided to go investigate and crawled up to them.

Pinkie Pie was playing peek-a-boo with Pound and Pumpkin when she saw Moonlight.

"Hello there, are you lost?" Pinkie Pie said picking up Moonlight. Moonlight just looked at her confused. "I haven't seen you around. But don't worry, i'll help you find your mom." Pinkie said.

"Mommy?" Moonlight repeated.

"Yes, mommy. But if we want to find her we better start looking." Pinkie put the cake twins inside and put Moonlight on her back. She started walking to a cloud Rainbow was sleeping on.

"Rainbow!" Pinkie yelled. It startled Rainbow making her fall.

"Jeez Pinkie, you don't have to yell." Rainbow said getting up from the ground. She looked at the foal on Pinkie's back. "Who's the kid?" Rainbow asked.

"I don't know." Pinkie said.

"Please don't tell me you took her out of a random stroller." Rainbow said.

"Of course not. I found her crawling around town alone. I was wondering if you could fly and look for a mom or dad that looks like there're missing a foal." Pinkie said.

"How do I know when their missing a kid." Rainbow asked.

"They'll be calling a name and looking worried." Pinkie said.

"Alright." Rainbow said flying off. Pinkie decided to ask the rest of her friends if they knew who the filly belonged too. She decided to stop at Rarity's boutique first since it was the closest. When she knocked Rarity came out wearing a face mask scaring Pinkie Pie and Moonlight.

"Um...Rarity, you have a little something on your face." Pinkie Pie said.

Rarity rolled her eyes at the comment. "It's a mask Pinkie. What can I do you for?" Rarity asked.

"Well, I found this foal by herself and I just came to ask if you know who the mom is." Pinkie said pointing at Moonlight.

"She is so precious." Rarity said taking Moonlight spinning her. "Well, no. But I can help you look." Rarity said.

"Thanks. I think we should start looking around where I found her." Pinkie said. Rarity nodded and went back inside to take of her mask. When she came back out they headed for town. They asked everyone trying to find the mom but had no luck. They were about to look somewhere else when they bumped into Rainbow Dash who had Fluttershy and Applejack behind her.

"They wanted to help." Rainbow said.

"Well that's nice. Maybe we should ask Twilight to help us look too." Rarity said.

"Sure, she right there." Pinkie said pointing at a very worried Twilight.

"What has her all worked up?" Applejack asked. Everyone just shrugged. "Hay Twilight!" Applejack yelled getting Twilight's attention. Twilight looked and saw her friends with Moonlight and she gave a sigh of relief. She quickly ran over to them picking up Moonlight and putting her down in front of her.

"Moonlight Sparkle, don't ever go running off like that again. You had me worried." Twilight scold. She looked at her friends who had confused faces. She tried to speak and tell them about Moonlight but the words got stuck in her throat.

Moonlight looked at her mom and started tugging her hoof. "Mommy." Moonlight said putting her hoofs up signalling that she wanted to be picked up. Twilight picked her up and nuzzled her.

"Mommy? Why did she call you mommy?" Pinkie asked.

Twilight sighed and put Moonlight on her back. "Because...she's mine." Twilight said. Her friends let out a gasp of surprise.

"We didn't know you adopted." Fluttershy said.

"That's because I didn't adopt." Twilight said.

"Oh. um...that's some news. If you don't mind me asking, who's the father?" Rarity asked.

"It's MoonDusk." Twilight said.

"Wow Twi, I knew you're fast sometimes but not this fast." Rainbow said.

Twilight's cheeks turned really red hearing that. "No, it's not what you think. He was showing me a duplicating potion but things went wrong. He accidentally dropped it and it fell on us. Next thing we know we see Moonlight." Twilight said looking at Moonlight who was playing with her mane.

"Moonlight?" Rarity asked.

"Moonlight Sparkle. That's what we decided to name her." Twilight said.

"She's probably the cutest thing I have ever seen." Rarity said. "But have you thought of what to do with her?"

"No, i haven't. I don't know what to do. Now that i'm a princess I don't have a lot of free time. I sometimes barley have time for myself. Foals need a lot of attention and energy and I might not be able to handle it." Twilight said. "What should I do?"

Applejack put a hoof on her shoulder. "Calm down sugercube. We're here to help you. First, have you and MoonDusk talked about this?" Applejack asked.

"No, we were going to talk about it when he got back from work." Twilight said.

"Well that's the first thing. But if after you talk you figure out that neither of you can take care of her, maybe you could consider giving her up for adoption." Applejack said.

Twilight hadn't thought about adoption. It did seem like the best option. Well, it seemed like the only option. "Alright. I'll think about it. It does seem like the best thing to do in case neither of us can take care of her." Twilight said. "Well, I better get going. Moonlight hasn't eaten breakfast and she could get fussy any minute now."

"If you need any help feel free to ask us." Fluttershy said. Twilight nodded and started walking to her library. She went in and saw Spike reading a magazine on the floor.

"Hay Spike." Twilight said. Spike looked up from his magazine and looked at Twilight.

"Hay Twilight. I'm glad you found Moonlight. Where did you find her?" Spike asked.

"She was with my friends, so I decided to tell them everything. Oh and Spike, next time don't leave the door open. I don't think I want to run around town trying to find Moonlight again." Twilight said.

"Don't worry. I wont make that mistake again. You were really scary when you were in mom mode." Spike said.

"I was not in mom mode. I was just scared." Twilight said defensively.

"And you were scared because you are a mom and she is your foal. It's your maternal instincts that makes you go crazy when you don't see her." Spike said.

"It is not Spike. Besides I don't think i'm going to be her mom much longer anyway." Twilight said.

"What do you mean Twilight?" Spike said.

"I don't have time to raise a foal Spike. I'm already taking this week off. I'm going to have a lot of work to catch up on. Even if I wanted to, I wouldn't be able to do it properly." Twilight said.

"So what are you going to do?" Spike asked.

"If MoonDusk can't take care of her either then, maybe we should consider giving her up for adoption." Twilight said.

"You can't be serious." Spike said.

"I'm very serious Spike. If neither of us can handle the job then, we're going to put her for adoption. They could find her another home. One where they can take care of her right and give her everything she needs" Twilight said.

"Or she might not get adopted and stay in the system. And what if she wants to meet her parents. What are you going to tell her? " Spike said. "Think about it Twilight. Do you really want to give her up for adoption?" Spike asked before he left the room leaving Twilight alone with Moonlight. She turned around and looked at Moonlight who was trying to get off her back. Twilight levitated her in front of her.

"It's for the best." Twilight said before she went to the kitchen to get her, her bottle.

Comments ( 6 )

A bit fast but not totally bad. I look foreard to the next chapter.

Interesting...I think you should watch your spelling and slow the pace down, let it flesh out a bit. Other than that keep it up, and I will be sure to keep my eye on this one:unsuresweetie:...

4277966
I will, thanks for pointing that out.:pinkiesmile:

I like it. I hope it is updated soon.

hmm...i like it so far! Keep it up! I would really like to see how things turn out! :twilightsmile:

First of all, Moonlight is an alicorn and ponies would go bitch crazy to get their hooves on her. Twilight should know that. :ajbemused:

Also, it seemed a little fast-paced. :applejackunsure:

Other than that, LOVE IT! :rainbowwild:

Login or register to comment