• Published 28th Jul 2011
  • 2,395 Views, 15 Comments

The Rise of Equestria - Duckbrony

  • ...
2
 15
 2,395

Utopia

Rise of Equestria pt 2


An audible click is heard as a screen lights up and reveals a young man, dressed in military uniform and a simplistic hair style. The most noticeable object on his attire is a symbol placed over his heart of a crescent moon resting withing the corona of the sun. He makes a few adjustments to the papers in front of him and then proceeds to stare directly at the camera. “I am General Galahad Halfdan, providing entry number 10385-1 of the Equestrian Army's video logs. I have been assigned to record the history of Equestria up to this current point in time. Starting with the beginning...” Galahad proceeds to look down on the paper in order to read.


“On December 21, 2012 a large coalition of Bronies gathered their funds together and purchased a large plot of land in what was once known as Canada. This land was just large enough to begin building a small town. After much debate and proper use of the remaining funding Ponyville was formed. It was not an exact replica of the show that we of Equestria have grown up watching but it was still a place for us Bronies to call home. The first leader of Ponyville was decided almost immediately, but her name has been classified by the higher ups until further notice. The land of Ponyville was peaceful and joyous, everyone did their part to make the town flourish. But the problem started when the Anti-Brony Army created their first uprising.

“No one knows how or why a coalition of men obtained several powerful firearms but the fact of the matter was that they had them, and they focused their sights on Ponyville. They destroyed several buildings and killed almost half of the town's inhabitants with their first strike claiming that the 'Brony bastards' shall not take any land no matter how great they grow. Word of this massacre spread and many attempted to spread the teachings of love and tolerance to those who would rather have war and violence. These attempts cost several people their lives as they were mercilessly shot by the Anti-Brony Army. Sadly love and tolerance did not reach through to these men and women, they only saw a group of people who were attempting to take land that was not theirs. The Bronies did not take this lying down though; they gathered every member that they could and created the first Coalition of Order through Love and Tolerance, otherwise known as C.O.L.T. Many of our fellow Bronies were high ranking military officials as well as some of the top ranking scientists in the world. We had a force that we did not want, but we were forced to use it and the 3rd World War was about to begin.

“We retaliated against the Anti-Brony Army, our Earth Pony units were small but efficient. The Casualties on our side were always low and so long as the enemy surrendered we allowed them to live. It didn't take long for C.O.L.T. to take over most of Canada, and thus Equestria was born. Within a few years a castle was erected and our first Princesses were chosen. Taking on the role of Princess Celestia was the original leader of Ponyville, she held the rulings of the Sun and the Moon during her rule. But before she passed on the power to her successor she decreed that one ruler was not a wise choice. And so the rule of Sun and Moon was separated into 2 women who were chosen by a select group of Equestrians. The chosen successors have always been ones of gentle prowess. They offered on several occasions to stop the fighting, but their words fell upon deaf ears. And so the combat continued.

“The German's grew fearful of our conquests in battle and so they mounted an assault, with their first victims being the good people of Manehatten. Their blitzkrieg tactics were powerful but we had just finished creating a superior flight group known as the Wonderbolts. They finished off the German Army with little effort. Our forces later learned that they were planning to launch a tactical nuke on us. We launched our strike first and took Germany down with our very first successful Sonic Rainboom. The aftermath of that attack was devastating. The Sonic Rainboom has been, and always shall be, our last resort. But that doesn't mean that we are helpless without it's might backing us.

“Our science division, otherwise known as the Unicorns, have been developing countless amounts of new weaponry including firearms, explosives, and even Land, Sea, and Air based Mechas. But our research division has begun developing real life variations of Ponies, this is easily our greatest accomplishment in our scientific research. So far a fully functioning Earth Pony has been created and one of our volunteers has had his brain placed within it. We are about to make a break through in the Pegasus Models and Unicorn Models as well. The concept of magic was recently discovered but it is still in it's most wild stages. Our first experience with magic was a gruesome one. Some trace amounts of our Sonic Rainboom mixed with the Aurora Borealis and created a vast explosion, lacing magic through out the northern hemisphere. This created a large amount of mutations throughout Norway and Russia, among other places. Magical creatures started appearing randomly in different parts of the world. Currently there is a Hydra guarding the island of Honolulu, it is not wise to go anywhere near it.

“Although we have attempted on countless occasions to strive for peace, we have learned that the only way to truly obtain peace is to over take the world and remove those that strive to destroy us. We have given them several chances to stop the violence and so now we have begun operating the Derpy Correctional Facilities in order to show our captive foes the ways of Love and Tolerance. Those that accept our love have been sent to Appleloosa and the Sweet Apple Acres farmlands in order to be integrated into our society. Those that have denied our love faced one of 2 outcomes, they either have been sent to the Diamond Dog labor camps in order to uncover more resources or they have been sent to Sugar Cube Corner in order to 'help us make cupcakes'. These are things that we have never been proud of, but they had to be done.

“We did not start this war, and we would be more than happy to end this war right here and now. But the adamant refusal of our enemies has proven to us that there is no longer any room for peaceful conversation. This war will only end when one of us has ceased to exist, and at this rate we will be the last ones standing. I am truly saddened by this war, but I cannot do anything to stop it.” Galahad looks off to the side at this point noticing the current time. “I must now go, my Brigadier is taking me on a secret mission that will ensure the Rise of Equestria. I am not sure what he means by that, but I trust him and so am now prepared for anything. May the Sun and the Moon forever rule!” Galahad provides one final salute as he reaches to turn off the monitor and it fades to black.


END


This is the 2nd part of my 2 part mentally ill creation. I don't know why my mind created this story, but I really do like it. I hope any who read both this and the first part enjoy them.

Remember that there are always 2 parts to every story Boys and Girls. My first story made it look as though the Equestrians were bad people, but they were only looking for a place to call home. There will never be a situation in which there is a group that is obviously good and another that is obviously evil. There will only be 2 people of dissenting opinions. And the only one that gets to decide whose the good guy is the victor of the battle.

Check out my other creations of insanity over on Deviant Art. User name is Duckbro.

I do have another fic planned which will (hopefully) be enjoyable. But we shall soon see.

Comments ( 7 )

Loooooooved it!

#3 · Jul 29th, 2011 · · ·

:twilightsmile: Bravo this story has proven most enjoyable indeed!!!

#4 · Jul 29th, 2011 · · ·

I liked, I QQed, this was amazing. I salute you good sir!

963 Glad you guys are enjoying it, now we just gotta convince seth to put it on ED

1788 Well isn't someone a little hater? You could have at least provided constructive criticism.

Definetly an interesting and original premise. Also, the use of gray and grey morality is a great way to go, it really makes the factions spring to life, and adds realism versus the black and white common in stories. I like this one !

Are you going to do any follow ups to this, I'd really like to see more on "human equestria" , maybe a few pov stories following characters on both sides, with a first person view on each area, like maybe a disillusioned brony or a citizen or solider fighting in an opposing faction.

Login or register to comment