• Published 20th Mar 2014
  • 774 Views, 7 Comments

The Dragon's Heart - Curlypony94



Discord tricks Smite the Dragon into kidnapping Tulip and wooing her to be his mate. When her friends go to rescue her, Discord will kidnap Celestia

  • ...
4
 7
 774

The Rescue Party's Obstacles

Author's Note:

Sorry for the wait. I got caught up on another story I'm working on. Plus I had writers block but hopefully you'll like this chapter.

Back with the rescue party, it was making it's way up the mountains, Twilight in the lead. On her back was Spike, who was looking up at the mountain with a gulp. Flying behind her, Flash Sentry, Rainbow Dash and Soarin with Rarity, Noble Charge and Pinkie Pie bringing up the rear. The Wonderbolt looked up at the mountain with a blank look in his eyes.

"It sure is high up," he stated, "Don't you think that it might be quicker if Rainbow and I just fly up there?"

"I just can't help but get the feeling that the dragon might expect that," Twilight answered.

"Soarin and I can check," Flash Sentry volunteered. "If the coast is clear, we'll come back for you." Twilight just frowned at him with concern. It sounds like a good idea, but it also sounds dangerous. The Royal Guard anticipated this of course.

"Don't worry," he assured her as Noble Charge, Rarity and Pinkie caught up with them. "As long as Soarin and I stick together, we'll be okay." Twilight then hugged him.

"Be careful," she whispered to him as Rainbow then hugged Soarin and kissed him on the cheek.

"You so much as break a bone in your body, and that wil be the last kiss you get from me for a week." She said to him sternly. The Wonderbolt just laughed as he nudged her softly.

"Don't worry," he replied. "I've face far worse than this," The others stood back as they spread there wings for take-off...and glowing green tentacles shot out at them from the side.

"SOARIN!" Rainbow screamed as the Wonderbolt reared up with surprise, causing Flash Sentry to fall onto his back. Twilight rushed to his side.

"Flash Sentry, are you okay?" she cried.

"I'm fine," he answered, "but Soarin---" the two of them turned to the Wonderbolt he fell to the ground, the tentacles becoming green ropes tied around his waist to pin his wings to his sides. They and Rainbow then rushed up to him.

"Soarin, what happened?" the rainbow-maned Pegasus cried as her boyfriend stood up.

"I don't know," he answered, turning to the the ropes. "These things just shot out at me." He then tried to gnaw them off with his teeth but there as strong wire. He groaned with frustration.

"WHY ISN'T THIS THING BREAKING ALREADY?!"

"It must be a spell that Discord and his snakes provided for the dragon." Twilight answered.

"Well couldn't they give it a different color?" asked Rarity in disgust. "That shade of green just won't do at all."

"Ooh, I think I have some yellow streamers in my saddle pack!" Pinkie said, looking in one of her packs. "That might help."

"Girls, we need to focus here," Noble Charge said. "That dragon obviously wanted to keep us away from him and Tulip."

"Seems rather odd," Flash Sentry said with some thought. "Lily never mentioned anything about a fight or a struggle. It's almost like...he asked her to come with him, and she said yes."

"What are you getting at, Flash Sentry" asked Noble Charge.

"What if this isn't a kidnapping but....a romantic getaway?"

"You saying dragon's crushing on Tulip?" Rainbow cried. "That's just weird, dude!"

"I don't see you complain about Spike's---" Twilight was suddenly cut off when Pinkie shoved a cupcake into her mouth to keep the Alicorn quiet about Spike's crush on Rarity. Flash Sentry watched as the two of them exchanged glares but decide to brush it aside.

"I am simply saying if he wanted to hurt Tulip, why didn't he do it at her cottage instead taking her back to his cave?" he asked. Twilight then placed her hoof onto her chin in thought.

"He does have a good point now that I think about it," stated Rarity.

"Then if Rainbow flies up there," Spike replied, "the same thing might happen to her. And those...green things might be pretty quick, even for her."

"So I can't fly up there?" the blue pony replied indignantly. "That stinks."

"You can ride on my back if you like, Rainy," Soarin purred, trying to cheer her up. Rainbow just gavr him a playful glare.

"Real sweet of you, Soarin," she replied.

"Well, we better keep moving," Twilight said to the group. "And be on your guard. There's telling what other tricks that dragon has up his wing or how strong they will be." With an agreeing nod the others, the others folled her up the mountain.

As the young princess had anticipated, Smite had sent out more spells to keep the rescue team from reaching him and Tulip. One spell had boulders and dead trees take on frightening appearance of monsters much like in the Everfree Forest when searching for the Elements of Harmony. However, with Pinkie's Giggle at the Ghosties song and some laughter, they overcame the spell just like in the Everfree Forest.

The final spell they came across was when they were only a few yards away Smite's cave. A huge thicket of thorns brushes shot up from the ground and grew fives as tall as Soarin and five times his length from tail to muzzle. What's worse is that it took up the whole width of the path. The thorns look pretty sharp to cut through flesh, Twilight isn't the slightest bit worried.

"Seems to me this dragon's losing his touch," she replied before concentrating on a spell. Everyone watched in awe as thorns glowed with a red-violet aura before blossoming into various vine flowers. Flash Sentry then hugged her proudly.

"That's my girl," he said to her. The violet Alicorn simply smiled affectionately beforw the group made it's way through the now safe vines.

Meanwhile, Smite had rushed back into the cave after he cast his thorn brush spell to stop the rescue group, Tulip still in his tail's coils. After the two of them are inside the cave together, the last of the medallion's magic became a door to keep the Ponies out.

"Smite, please," Tulip begged him fearfully. "Let me go, and I'll ask the others not to hurt you." Smite turned to her with a firm face.

"Not until you agree to become my mate," he replied, bringing his tail closer so he can hold her in his arms and wings. The white Earth Pony then looked into his pink eyes, her eyes shining with tears forming in them.

"Why can't you just give me some time to think?" she whimpered, trying in vain not to cry.

"Because of my size," he answered softly, affectionately brushing a stray tear from her cheek. "If I let you go, and you no to becoming my mate, I will return to my normal size. That's how the spell works. And I want to stay this size for you. I can't be with you if I'm not your size."

"What do you mean by a spell?" she asked him with confusion. "Are you saying you did this to yourself?"

"No," he answered with a shake of his head. "It was a creature who looks like a dragon but isn't. He calls himself Discord, and he wanted to help me win you over. He shrunk me so that I can be with you, but it's only permanent if you agree to be my mate before I let you go. Please understand, Tulip...I love you too much to become large again."

"Smite..." Tulip couldn't believe that her secret friend fell for Discord's trick just to be with her. And yet he's giving up his large size just to be with her. She would have said more but he slammed his lips into her own to kiss her. Immediately, however, she closed her eyes and returned it. That sacrifice he made for her was just too much to ignore...

BAM! The door of the cave entrance was blasted down by Twilight's magic, but the two if them kept kissing. Twilight and the others rush into the cave. When they did, they were shocked to see Smite kissing their flower-decorating friend on the lips.

"Oh, gracious!" Rarity gasped, covering her gapping mouth with both hooves. Noble Charge pulled his scarf over his eyes sheepishly as Pinkie whistled with impressiveness.

"Whoooa, didn't see that coming," said the surprise Rainbow Dash.

"Little guy, I don't think you'd want to watch this," Soarin said, covering Spike's eye's with his wings.

"Hey, I can handle it," Spike retorted, moving the feathers off his eyes. "I'm old enough."

"Wow, just...wow," Twilight said with wide eyes before Flash Sentry cleared his throat. Smite and Tulip broke the kiss and turned to the rescue group.

"Can we help you with something?" Smite asked in annoyance, a sign that he already knows the answer to the question.

"We want you to give our friend back!" Rainbow cried, quickly snapping out of it before flying between the two of them. "And just what the hay do you think your doing kissing her?"

"Rainbow, please," Tulip said, out of bashfulness from the kiss. "Let me explain..."

"I'm kissing her because I am in love with her," Smite answered with a growl. "And I am not letting her go, not until she agrees to be my mate."

"Smite," Tulip said to him with concern, "I don't think it's a very good idea to..."

"Her...become your mate?" the rainbow-maned Pony scoffed. "Yeah, right like that's ever gonna happen!"

"Oh, and like your gonna stop me, little Miss Tough Filly?" he mocked back. "Oh, I'm so scared!"

"Hey, that's my girlfriend your talking to, you overgrown hot air blimp!" Soarin snarled. Apparently, he's been hanging around with Rainbow too much to be able to talk like that.

"And your point is?" Smite scoffed, giving him a mocking look in the eyes. That got Soarin really angry.

"I'll your throat out for---"

"WAAIIIT!" Everyone stopped and froze when Tulip finally cried out and turned to her.

"Um...will everypony please let me say something?" she asked timidly, sheepish about her sudden outburst.

"Of course my little turtledove," Smite answered, letting her go with a smile. Rainbow's jaw dropped with a shock.

"Your letting her talk just like that?" she snapped at him, apparently annoyed.

"She can be pretty persuasive when you get past her sweet nature," the green dragon stated with a shrug. Tulip then turned to the others.

"Please try to understand," she then said to them. "Smite didn't kidnap me. He asked me to come with so that he can talk to me, and I said yes. He then told me that Discord shrunk because he wants to be the same size as me. And he can't let me go because---"

"Discord did this to him?!" Twilight cried. Oh I knew this is another one of his rotten tricks! He so would do something to capture Princess Celestia! That guy is gonna---"

"Twi, sweetie," Flash Sentry said quickly, "you're overreacting again..." The Alicorn stopped her ranting and looked around to see everyone staring at her as if she's gone psycho again.

"Uh, sorry..." she replied with a sheepish grin.

"Wait a minute," Smite replied with a blink of realization. "Are you saying I've been...doped?"

"If by doped, you mean fooled, then YES!" Rainbow snapped. Noble Charge then pulled her down back to the ground so that she can calm down.

"The thing is Smite," he explained, "is that Discord's the lord of Chaos."

"He's also in love with our Princess Celestia and is doing everything he can to have her all to himself," Twilight added. "I think he shrunk and tricked into taking Tulip to distract us while he went to kidnal the princess."

"Are you saying he used me?" Smite roared, now angry at thought of the lord of Chaos tricking him into distracting the Ponies from helping their princess. "Why that rotten---" He let out an enraged roar that made Spike jump

with a yelp and hid behind Flash Sentry, who also was surprised by the roar.

"Where can I find that freakish excuse for a dragon impersonator." he demanded. "I'll teach him a thing or two about making a fool out of a dragon!" Tulip quickly went up to his side and placed her hoof on his arm to calm him down.

"Smite, please calm down," she said. "Getting angry won't solve anything. It will only make things worse." Smite turned to his beloved Earth Pony, and his enraged face softened into a loving frown.

"I'm sorry, Tulip," he said to her. "I just feel so...responsible."

"Well, ya should be!" Rainbow snapped at him. "If ya hadn't kidnapped Tulip, than the princess---"

"Rainbow, stop it!' Twilight snapped with a glare. Realizing that she's only making things worse, the rainbow Pony stoppdd yelling at Smite.

"Sorry," she said lowly.

"I think we should go help the princess and fast," Noble Charge stated, "knowing Discord, he must have taken to the abandonded castle in the Everfree Forest." Twilight nodded in agreement.

"Then I'm going with you," Smite said firmly. "I caused this mess I'm going to fix."

"Uh, it's good to hear that you want to help," Soarin replied before turning to the ropes that are still binding his wings to his sides. "But could you do something about this first please?"

"Oh, sorry," the dragon replied before poking at the ropes with his tail. The ropes shook a little before falling off the Pegasi's sides, freeing his wings.

"Finally!" he cried, spreading out his wings. Then they dashed out of the cave and flew off into the sky to and recues Princess Celestia.

Comments ( 3 )

Attention everybrony curlypony94 here you're wondering why I'm using a diferent name? It's thanks to a meanie friend of mine and it's because of that meanie that I've been banned from my old profile which means I can't finish this story I'm sorry everybrony but I will publish it to my fanfiction soon so don't worry.

Comment posted by Peewee the Dragon deleted Apr 21st, 2014

4249707
whats the link to fanfiction story?

Login or register to comment