• Published 20th Mar 2014
  • 774 Views, 7 Comments

The Dragon's Heart - Curlypony94



Discord tricks Smite the Dragon into kidnapping Tulip and wooing her to be his mate. When her friends go to rescue her, Discord will kidnap Celestia

  • ...
4
 7
 774

Swept Off Her Hooves

Meanwhile in Ponyville, the sun was setting into the horizon to end the day and begin the night. At Tulip's place, the white Earth pony was busy checking her flower displays. Right now she was just finishing up with her roses.

"Good night, my little Roses," she purred softly as she watered them gently. "Be sure to get plenty of rest, we have a big day ahead of us tomorrow ." She then smiled as the roses perked when they got there water. Then she went over and settled down besides her pet cat Lily.

"How are the Lillies, Lily?" She asked the feline. She then placed her paws together next to her cheeks and made cute noises indicating that the Lillies are fine.

"That is good to hear," she replied. "Thank you, Lily; you've been a big help. Now let's get ourselves to bed." The two of them then headed for the cottage together. Suddenly, they stopped at the sound of quiet but noticeable thud.

"What was that?" Tulip squeaked in fear knowing her owner won't investigate, Lily walked over to check it out.

"Lily, no!" Her owner called after her in fear. "It...it's probably nothing." The cat didn't listen and headed over to investigate anyway. Worried for her safety, Tulip ran after her to the back of the cottage where the noise came from. But when they got there, they saw nothing. Lily then scratched her head in confusion.

"I...guess we must have imagined it," Tulip said as a large shadowy figure rose up from behind her. Lily turned around and cried out in fear when she saw the figure standing behind the Pony.

"What's wrong, Lily?" she asked with surprise. Before the cat could warn her, the figure threws its arms around her, making her cry out in fear.

"Who is it?" she cried. "Please let me go!"

"Don't be scared, Tulip," the figure assured her kindly. "I don't want to hurt you. I only wanted to see you again." Tulip stopped in mid-struggle when she recognized the voice. She turned to see that the figure is really Smite, the dragon she met that one stormy night.

It's you!" she gasped with surprise. Smite smiled in reply.

"I am happy that you remember me," he replied soflty. "I was afraid that you have forgotten me."

"Wh-What are you doing here?" She asked in confusion.

"I wanted to see you again," he answered giving her a soft. "And to talk to you."

"About what?" she asked. Before he could answer, the dragon looked to see Lily hopping up and down on his tail to make him release Tulip. With an annoyed glare, he picked the little kitty up with his tail and set him down on a tree branch not too far from the ground.

"We can't talk here," he then answered her. "We someplace more private. I need you to come with me, though...will you...please?" Tulip then saw that he really he really wants to talk to her alone.

"Alright," she replied with a nod. With a relieved smile, Smite held her bridal style and took off into the sky. With a whimper, the Pony clutched onto his neck.

"Do not worry, Tulip," he whispered to her softly. "I won't let you fall." Back at the ground Lily had returned to her feet on the ground and saw that Smite had flew off with her owner. Fearing the worst, she ran as fast as she could to get help.