• Published 20th Mar 2014
  • 774 Views, 7 Comments

The Dragon's Heart - Curlypony94



Discord tricks Smite the Dragon into kidnapping Tulip and wooing her to be his mate. When her friends go to rescue her, Discord will kidnap Celestia

  • ...
4
 7
 774

Deal or Trickery?

Within the abandoned castle within the heart of the Everfree Forest, Discord lied on his checkered-patterned divan, chowing down on a carton of popcorn and watching his cotton candy cloud displaying the image of a mourning Smite.

"So..." he said, stroking his beard with interest. "This dragon here is in love with a little Pony is he?" he then turned to the heart- shaped picture frame holding the lovely picture of his beloved Princess Celestia.

"Now that I think about it, they just might be cute together," he said before tickling under her chin. "Don't you think so too, my little Tia?"

"Do you want usss to bring him to you bosss?" Naginia asked via telepathy spell.

"No need," he answered her, getting up from his divan. "I will visit him myself. You and Nag return to the castle." He then snapped his fingers and vanished from the room.

When he appeared again, the Draconequus has found himself in Smite' cave and looking straight at the green dragon himself. Seeing how huge his victim is, he got a little nervous. Nevertheless, he would take care of his size. How else would his relationships with Tulip work out? Discord then cleared his throat.

"Excuse me?" he then called out to the dragon. Smite stopped his crying and lifted up his head to the sound of his voice and turned to him.

His fuschia eyes went wide with confusion at this smaller creature before him. He looks like a dragon made up of different body parts. He has never seen anything like him before. Then again he has seen things as strange as this guy.

"Who are you?" he asked. Discord just smiled at him.

"The name's Discord," he answered, placing his lion paw on his chest. "I've learned that you have a problem, and I wish to solve it for you."

"What problem?" the dragon demanded with glare of suspicion.

"You know," Discord answered simply. "You're troubled affections for the white Earth pony Tulip." He jumped back when Smite leapt to his feet angrily.

"THOSE FEELINGS ARE PERSONAL!" he roared, making the whole cave rumble.

"Hey, easy there, big guy," Discord said, holding his hands up in defence. "I'm not here to blacmail ya. I came here to help you out." the dragon calmed down a bit but still held his glare in his eyes.

"What can you do to help me?" he asked in disbelief. "It's not like you have magic on you...do you?"

"As a matter of fact, I do," Discord answered with a smile. "I can grant you the chance to have Tulip all to yourself."

"How can you do that?" Smite demanded. "Her friends would never let me be with her."

"If you're still concerned about her friends, I have a solution for you."

"And what's that?"

"Personally, I think you're relationship with Tulip can work out better if you were the same size as her. Nothing personal, but the size as you might be a problem for and everyone else."

"Will I stay that way?" Smite asked.

"Of course," the draconequus answered, "Provided that you do everything right."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"You have to take her with you to someplace private," he answered, "whether she likes it or not, so that you may woo her until she agrees to be your bride. And you can never let her go until she says yes. If you let that happen, you will return to your large size." Smite' heart sank at the suggestion.

"You mean...kidnap her?" He asked with fear. "I...I can't..." Discord just smiled.

"Think of Tulip," he said to the dragon. "You do want to be with her forever...don't you?" This is all part of his plan. If Smite kidnaps Tulip to woo her, the others will go to rescue her. When they do, Celestia will be open for him to take back with to his hideout. It's a foolproof plan...as long as Smite agrees to the deal.

Smite, meanwhile, thought about it, he really does want to be with be Tulip, but he can't just go and kidnap her. He can tell by her kind heart that she's sensitive and delicate like a budding flower that's about to bloom. Perhaps if he persuades her, asks her to come with him to talk to her alone....she would understand, and it's worth a shot...

"Alright," he answered him calmly. "I'll do it." Discord smiled in reply and held up his eagle claw to snap his fingers.

"Remember," he said to the dragon, "you can't let her go until she agrees to be your bride." Smite nodded as he closed his eyes, and Discord snapped his fingers.

Red glittering flames suddenly flew around and engulfed Smite. As a dragon, Smite was immune from burns from fire, so he took no notice. He only felt a strange tingling sensation go and up his body. The dragon figured that it is the shrinking spell doing its thing. At first he it thought it would be painful, but feeling that it isn't, he relaxed and let the spell work its magic. A minute later, the tingling stopped, and the flames vanished.

"Okay," Discord said to him, "you can open your eyes now." Smite did so, and he couldn't believe it. Discord is now the same size as he is! He then looked around his cave, finding it a lot bigger and roomier than last saw it. The spell worked!

"You did it!" he cried with delight as he looked himself over. "You were telling the truth!"

"Now you have the chance to go and win Tulip's heart," Discord said to him with a smile. "Just remember what I have told you and do not let her go until she agrees to be your mate."

"I'll remember," the dragon replied before dashing out of the cave. However, as he did so, he crashed passed Discord, causing him to spin around like a twister.

"Whoawhoawhoawhoawhoa!" He spun at top speed for about five to ten seconds before stopping, the mismatching pupils going round and round like balls in a pair of roulette wheels.

Whoa-oh-oh..." he groaned as he held his head. "He must really love little Pony..." He then shook his head to clear it before looking out the cave entrance to find Smite taking off into the sky.

"The scheme is now all set," he said, rubbing his hands together evilly. "Now to make sure it goes accordingly to plan." He then snapped his fingers and disapeared in a flash of light to return to the main land.