• Published 20th Mar 2014
  • 774 Views, 7 Comments

The Dragon's Heart - Curlypony94



Discord tricks Smite the Dragon into kidnapping Tulip and wooing her to be his mate. When her friends go to rescue her, Discord will kidnap Celestia

  • ...
4
 7
 774

What Tulip Feels

Author's Note:

I don't own this song. I got it from Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Back with Tulip, she and Smite have just reached the cave at the of Rumbling Rock Ridge, and the dragon gently setted her back onto the ground. The white Earth Pony then turned to the green dragon as he looked up at the stars.

"The stars are just beautiful at this height, aren't they?" he then asked her. Tulip then looked up to see how beautiful the night sky is when at the top of the mountain; she forgot all about her acrophobia.

"They are beautiful," she replied before turning to the moon. "And the moon...so close...I could just reach out touch it." Smite then turned to her with a smile.

"I already have my piece of the moon right here," he purred, nuzzling her cheek with his nose. Taken by surprise, Tulip jumped back with a whimper. She would gave run off, but Smite wrapped his tail around her to stop her, causing her to turn to his pink eyes.

Smite: Why'd ya run away?

Don't ya like my style?

Why don't ya come and play?

I'll guarantee you a great big smile

I come from the

Imagination

And I'm here strictly here by your

Invocation

So whadya say?

"Why don't we dance a while?

As he sang the last part to her, Smite took her into his arms into a slow dance. Hopefully, singing to her and a gentle dance would sooth her. He couldn't help but chuckle at the cute blush on her face.

Smite: I'm the heart of swing

I'm the twist and shout

When ya gotta sing

When ya gotta let it out

You call me, and I come

A-runnin'

I turn the music on,

I bring the fun in

Now we're partyin'

That's what it's all about.

Tulip felt at a daze as she danced with Smite. He is quite a great dancer and a good singer. He's just so gentle with her. Why is he acting this way? And why is he looking at her with that alluring gaze of his?

Smite: 'Cuz I know

What you feel, girl

I know

Just what it feels, girl

"Uh, S-Smite," she then asked with a shy pink blush. " You said you wanted to...talk to me...about something. Can you please tell me what it is?"

Smite: All the melodies

They go on too long

Then that energy

Starts to come on way too strong

All those hearts lay open

They must sting

Plus your blushin'

Got me combustin'

That's the penalty

When love is but a song

"Tulip," he then purred as he held her closer to him. "Ever since the day we first met, I felt the yearning to be with you always. You are the only I want in my life."

Smite: You've soothed me down

To save your town

So you're my royalty

In the skies we'll go

With the land below

And you'll be my bride-to-be

Tulip's eyes went wide with shock. He wants her to marry him? She then tried to pull away from him as he tried to kiss her on the lips.

"Smite, we can't," she protested with a blush. "It's too sudden."

Smite: 'Cuz I know

What you feel, girl

Tulip: No, you see

You and me

Won't be very regal

Smite: I'll marry
You, girl

Tulip: What I mean

I'm no queen

So Dragon Queen's not legal

But Smite doesn't want her to go. If he does and she she doesn't agree to become his mate, he'll return to his normal size. So he held her even closer, making her blush more madly.

"Please, Tulip," he begged softly, "Let me spend the rest of my life with you."

Smite: I'll bring dark armies to ruin

And still have time to bring a soft shoe in

Tulip: Well, that's great

But it's late

Please let me go free

Tulip then tried to get out of grip again only to have to have them fall back a little so they can look over the ledge...and see Tulip's friends running up to the base of Rumbling Rock Ridge.

Smite: Something's cookin', I'm at the griddle

I can out-sing any big fiddle

Tulip: They'll get a scare

If I'm not there

My friends will come for me

"My friends!" Tulip cried with hope. "They came for me!" Seeing them, Smite growled before wrapping his tail around his Earth Pony to hold her and free hands. He then took out a green a yellow medallion that he got from Nag and Naginia before arriving at Tulip's cottage.

"I didn't want to have to do this," he said to Tulip, "But I can't have your friends interfere with my wooing you." He then blew a flame into the medallion, and Tulip watched in horror as the medallion dislatched green and yellow wisps that flew down Rumbling Rock Ridge.

"Smite, please..." Tulip begged softly. His gaze only softened as he turned to her.

"I'm sorry, my love," he replied, nuzzling into her neck. "But I just can't..."

Smite: Now we're partyin'

That's what it's all about