• Published 8th Mar 2014
  • 6,308 Views, 1,319 Comments

Pony POV Series Season Seven: Not The Wedding You Remember - Alex Warlorn



It's time for the royal wedding between Princess Cadence and Shining Armor: except events spiral out of control in ways you are not familiar with. Nothing is certain anymore, the future is no longer set, will the future still have a happy ending

  • ...
15
 1,319
 6,308

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 181: "Out Of The Back Grounds" (Reunited Sisters)

Half-Light Dusk sighed as she sensed her sisters coming. She sent them away for their protection. Couldn't they think to do some good as mortal ponies? She was certainly causing enough doom as one right now. 'They should have saved the Elements, Shining, Spike, and Sweetie, and saved me for last.'

(Auto Record Half-Light Dusk)

Maybe I've been doing all the planning too much, I should have let them take the lead once in a while, let them test their own reigns. Let them make mistakes and learn to think on their own. Now they barely know how to figure out what to do besides come back and save me and then work on everything else. Are we really that crippled without each other? At first it shouldn't have mattered, but we've become more individuals without even realizing it. Mother I'm sorry, we've let the timeline you entrusted us with to go to hooey. Shining did his part, more than what you asked of him, we failed you.

Sighing again I said,

"Attention guards, an earth pony filly and a pegasus mare are approaching my position on the tower's roof from the outside with the intention of stealing Her Majesty's guidance from me. Both are innately powerful but have never engaged in actual battle before. Approach with caution and subdue."

"Yes madam," they said as the trained soldiers they were, My Queen was no fool, she had recognized how effective Equestria's training regiment was, so she had imitated it, or simply sent her own changelings into the guard from the ground up. She hadn't simply thrown this scheme together in a day, or a handful of months, this plan had been in the making for years and years, if not a decade or more. Every possible effort taken to make sure they remained invisible all that time, as they had for thousands of years. They had plenty of practice covering their tracks: covering them? More like making it like those tracks never existed.

Hmmm? The guards who flew off got ambushed and disabled. My sisters are not alone. Hopefully they're smarter than I expected.

"Two guards go for reinforcements at once. Rest assigned to me: come here at once."

They swarmed up to form a protective ring around me. Or were going to, but my sisters and their surprise allies struck first.

It wasn't any of the Elements, I don't know if I should feel worried or relieved. The Wonderbolts? I guess I shouldn't be surprised Noon, mother did style you after Rainbow Dash, and they are not the worst choice. Filthy Rich? Golden Tiara? And Tender Loving Care? Oh Dawn how could you! You foolish filly! How could you drag them into this? They're going to get hurt! The less ponies involved in this is more ponies who get to live their lives instead of having to put them on the line! Oh I'm sorry for being angry Dawn, I forget, we might all be the same age, but you carry mother's innocence and foalhood. Sometimes I wonder if we're fools for wanting to be individuals, we, the Aeon Tarot. While the Hunger Tarot does as is her nature, to hunger for more, to never be satisfied, for the emptiness inside her to never be filled. Or are we both just using excuses?

Oh! Right right! Let's see. I don't want to do this. I don't like doing this. But when you're under mind control it doesn't really matter.

Spitfire and Soarin' coming from an angle below me, and Noon coming directly above me, points for being fairly clever sister. Hmmm. And Filthy Rich and Golden Tiara come from one side of the roof, and ah, TLC and Dawn coming from the other side. I wouldn't detect them, but I would detect you, and I'd just assume you were all together.

Physically rushing me all at once from multiple directions? Not an illogical plan in of itself. Relatively decent. After all, multiple directions means I should be only able to focus in one direction, and by the time I've dealt with just one of you, the others will have been able to get in close, and fight me in melee. After all, I'm just an elderly mare with poor senses and poor reaction-time but very very very strong magic. So one or two might get hit by me, but between all of you, one of you MUST get through right? And after that, it won't matter if the changeling guards swarm you or not, because I'll be free of My Queen's mind control.

Dawn, Noon, I thought you knew me better than that.

"Heroic-morons," I sigh.

I burn away this elderly shape, my senses, my wrinkled skin and creaking bones restored to their prime in a moment. If Noon had done it, I imagine she'd have some dramatic call for it, but I'm not her.

"Twilight Sparkle? With a white mane?!" Spitfire gasped.

I hate serving My Queen's evil, being forced to write the 'happy' conclusion she desires, but I enjoy the chance to at least show a little of my real power rather than leaving it to rot and gather dust. Practice makes perfect, and lack of practice leaves things to rust. I wish I was a lot more rusty, then this plan of theirs would have worked.

Dawn stomps the dome ceiling, cracking it slightly trying to knock me off balance, it doesn't work. I telekinetically grab the pegasi, and four earth ponies, it was barely a work out. I am all the magical experience of Twilight Sparkle had as a unicorn, and of Twilight The First, and of the evil Nightmare Eclipse. And they didn't have a Rarity with all six Elements of Chaos or an Element of Magic.

They hung like ornaments strung in the air. Ponies below who happened to look up might have seen it. But sadly not many besides Pegasi are going to bother checking out the sky.

Dawn may have the earth pony strength of a full awakened Alicorn, but kicking air isn't going to help.

The guards converge. They can't exactly spit changeling slime in public. If there's one thing the changelings take very seriously, it's their facade, they'd sooner throw one of their own kind under a carriage than break character.

They grab my sisters and their rag-tag teammates.

"Sisters, I'm so disappointed in you, physically rushing me from several directions at once? Did you really think I couldn't handle that? All of mother's unicorn magic went to me. You really thought my telekinesis couldn't handle this many at once? I may look like I have the body of an elderly mare but I'm not a senile old pony who doesn't know how to use her own magic. Couldn't you think of anything smarter than a blind full frontal charge? Against somepony who can dish out punishment as hard and fast as I can, coming at me wide in the open even as fast as you were, you were practically throwing yourselves on my horn. I mean, COME ON, I KNOW you girls have a sense of strategy, did you think because I'm enslaved that I'd act stupidly? We know how Changelings work better than that. I want so badly to act stupidly but I'm not allowed. I guess this is what happens when we bicker and not work together like mother intended us to. I'm sorry this happened, I thought I could steer Her Majesty away from her choices, preventing the invasion all together, I thought because she wasn't truly a Nightmare or Alicorn, or a Draconequus, that I wasn't in danger. I underestimated her. I didn't realize that she was stronger than the one we knew of. And we're all paying the price for it. I apologize - wait! Where is-"

I suddenly had 'the hydra wasn't the doozy' flashbacks.

Peewee pierced the dome ceiling below me like a flaming comet, breaking through the crack Dawn had made.

He flares bright white at point blank range, stinging my eyes and blinding me for a few precious seconds. I fall off the soap box I had unwittingly summoned like a domino. I feel a pair hooves ram into my back with the force of a freight train, completely breaking my concentration, and freeing my rescuers.

Fleetfoot. The fastest of the Wonderbolts even when compared to Spitfire.

Sisters, thankfully I've underestimated you. My rescuers had known Peewee was coming, and had closed their eyes, the guards hadn't, and weren't expecting my telekinesis to suddenly stop holding my rescuers. My savers knock half the guards out of the sky, and the other half responds to the Equestrian training Chrysalis had insisted they receive and fly down to save their comrades rather than staying and fighting the enemy and protecting their objective.

TLC and Screwball attack me bare-hoof from both sides while I'm still disoriented, keeping me from focusing, and NOT 'playing nice'. They showed the same level of brutality they had shown in Screwball breaking free of the mental ward and TLC in keeping her in there. Dawn and Noon must have told them how tough I am. Good. That's it girls. Fight as hard as you can.

Filthy Rich rams me again with more power than a locomotive. With the same force that had saved his daughter.

They're hitting hard and fast. They have to. The changeling guards will overwhelm them if my rescuers have to fight me and the guards' numbers at the same time.

They know they don't have time for banter or apologizes, I hope.

I wildly charge up my horn and send a powered up electric field in every direction, shocking the earth ponies and knocking them on their backs. My sight returns to see Soarin' and Spitfire flying down on top of me, Soarin' taking in the lightning. I sent out a blast of Arctic wind to frostbite their wings, but it doesn't stop gravity that is on their side and I roll out of the way as they crash.

"A couple of stunt ponies can't match raw offense or defense against an Alicorn level unicorn-mage," I say.

"I am NOT just a stunt pony!" Spitfire swears as she seemingly sets her wings on fire, melting the frost and actually burning my side as her wing strikes me at the speed of a wing blade, Soarin' then returns the lighting I had sent out on my opposite side and I was shocked and burned at the same time.

Peewee dives in to try and get in my face again, one quick spell and he's in a fireproof stone box.

Fleetfoot moves in to add her number to the pegasi beat-up, but I'm regaining my senses now, and I zap their flight suits into metal. They gasp out as the skin tight uniforms became immobile and trapping them in place and posed like bizarre performance art. I can't resist the pride I feel knowing only a unicorn at my level could perform such a concise and quick and multiple transmutation.

Now Noon comes at me, she should have come in during the beginning of the brawl. Didn't she learn from the first time, wait! My telekinesis does't connect, what, an illusion? How could she do that?!

Three at once, can't take chances, blast them all, all illusions, had to be sure. Since when can she do that?! Two from opposite sides, blast them both, of course it's the real Noon that hits me, okay, she was no way she could have been invisible, I call foul, they're saving me but have some respect for the rules!

"Since when can Pegasi create illusions?!" I heard myself exasperate.

"Rainbows are just light!"

"You shouldn't told me that moron!" I hit her with a simple paralysis spell, then she punched me in the face, her body moving in jerking motions like a doll.

"And lightning is just electricity, like nerve impulses!"

Part of the roof contorted and actually broke upwards hitting me in the stomach hard, making me falling back gasping in pain.

Dawn kicked the shells that were once the 'bolts flight suits that split open and the freed pegasi dog piled me.

"And rock and metal are just earth," Dawn said happily.

Why did we all have to be Twilight Sparkle?!

I see some of my guards finally making their way back to the rooftop. I make a blinding flash at my much closer rescuers. By the time their eyes recover my guards are retreating and I am not to be seen. Can they figure this one out?

"She teleported?!" TLC gasped.

"No she didn't!" Noon swore.

Through our link -which I had momentary forgotten- she zoomed right towards me at high speed tearing some of her feathers off. Her head hit me in the stomach, and breaking through the illusion of the guard I had put around myself and tore one of my gossamer wings off and kicked me back towards the dome ceiling, the guards now flying back TOWARDS it, but Noon was faster. Her body was originally created to fight Ender Dash after all.

I created some floating crystals around my other rescuers. Dawn shouted "Duck!" which the adults did, so as the lasers connected between the crystals, the adults avoiding being skewered by the beams. Dawn hit the discarded metal suits and got just the right sympathetic vibration to make the crystals shatter, crystals were were earth too after all. The gems exploded outward and I was hit, making me feel a large amount of pain.

I hit the dome roof, and my sisters love tackled me.


Sis, I know we argued a lot, about stupid things, and not so stupid things, more so than I ever do with Dawn. But you're my family. You were the one who wanted to respect Shining as a person before he knew what a person was. You were the one who knew that we cheated with Peewee, and taking him back to our world would only be more cheating. That his...that his role as Spike's own little ward was about the only way that the Blank Wolf might not see him as a wrongness in the world...and even then it was gonna be a gamble. Or maybe giving him to Spike was just a pipe-dream, after all, Spike wasn't at the dragon migration, that means he wasn't there to save Peewee, and we aren't supposed to be here.

But there was no way Peewee was gonna be accepted by the Blank Wolf in our world, he's not like Shining, he's a normal entity.

Not to mention we cheated Mortis, guy's a nice Alicorn and one of the most patient beings in creation but of all the Alicorns I think he's the one who dislikes being cheated the most. The thestrals will keep askin' for Peewee forever, and being a Phoenix, forever can be literal. Might be why we're not on speaking terms with this world's him OR Rota Fortuna.

There are reasons even concepts aren't meant to cheat death without his permission.

You knew sis', we wouldn't listen. You knew the heartbreak would be worse the longer we waited for Dawn, but we didn't listen, I didn't want to listen, I wanted everything to turn out alright if we were just stubborn and forceful enough.

That isn't how things're supposed to roll with us.

I admit it, I screwed up. There, I said it. No disclaimer, no excuses, no still's, but's, however's, or though's.

I'm the one who always asks the questions ponies don't want to ask themselves but have to if they want to move on. But, you, dangit...you knew...just because somepony wants something really bad, just because they'll be sad if they don't get it, doesn't mean they'll get it, or that they should. You always look at the end results of things, that's who you are.

I made ponies make hard decisions, but you were always making the nasty choices...so the two of us wouldn't have to...You never did it because you thought you were better than us or smarter than us, you did it out of love.

And I love you for it too.
-
I don't like that you want to take Peewee away. I like him, and he likes me. BUT I DON'T WANT YOU TO GO AWAY! I WANT YOU HERE! I WANT ME HERE WITH YOU! I want Noony here too! I want us all together! We've always stuck together! Just like Aloe and Lotus, remember? When we interviewed them? And helped them remember their bond like Applejack did? I...I feel the same way. Don't ever go away big sister, and I promise not to go away either. I'm gonna make friends, and I wanna introduce all of them to you, because you're my big sister and I love you.
-
And Chrysalis' geass shattered. Suppressed Emotions surge back to the surface. Everything came back. My mind is clear. Hehe...good job little sisters. You outsmarted me. You've grown so much. I love you both and I'm so proud of you. Oh no!
-
"Everypony get away! The dome ceiling is covered in bomb runes!" Dusk screamed. She touched her horn to her sisters.

(Dusk Notes: I helped Chrysalis rig them so they'd explode if I was freed!)

(Noon Notes: Covered?! But that many will take out half the building, the explosion would ruin the rune, maybe, but it would also mangle any ponies inside or around the building! And the dust and-)

(Dawn Notes: But there's no time for everypony to get away! They're about to blow!)

(Noon Notes: You know we wouldn't really be breaking the rules at this point, just cleaning up our own mess.)

(Dusk Notes: There's no way Rota Fortuna would ever accept that answer for us fighting Chrysalis.)

(Noon Notes: Okay. She wouldn't. But Spitfire and the others wouldn't be here if not for us! And neither would this mess of explosive runes! And Chrysalis is kinda cheating anyway! And we did kinda sorta help Shining do in her child, ya know. But there's no way she'll object to us fixing this.)

(Dusk Notes: You are correct. Everypony know their role to play? Yes? Good!)
-
Seven ponies emergency teleported away, much to the dismay of Straight Lace when Soarin' rematerialized right on top of an ivory antique table in her employer's living room.

"W-who are...aliens bugs...from another universe ... uuuugh," She fainted.
-
Dawn brought down every ounce of earth pony magic she had and shattered the dome turned giant bomb into pieces, but many of the runes were still active!

Within seconds Noon spun a whirlwind, the force sending the now separated and smaller piece of the dome upwards into the sky, exploding above the sky line and hitting the barrier.
-
"UGH!" Shining Armor grunted.

" . . ." Chrysalis sighed and face hooved, "If that explosion is what I know it's going to be...shields holding dear?"

"Yes my love, the shield is holding perfectly," Shining Armor reported.

"Thank Rosedust for small mercies. Get me Kabuto! Tell that creature his playtime is on hold, he's back on making sure my central rune is finished, even if he has to engrave it himself!"
-
We who are not supposed to be within time, divine light shine, spread our wings and fly back into the sky, once again chained no more by mortal guise.

"Hey! Where'd they go?" A disguised changeling guard asked confused.

-
(Interviewer's Notes (Unicorn): I am no longer in your service Chrysalis.)

Sigh. What do you expect me to say? Curses, my property slips from me one by one? Blah blah blah, angry rant, blah blah blah, 'this can not be', blah blah blah, 'but my plan was perfect?' Or maybe, 'OH NO! the big angry spirit is here to destroy me for daring to try and control her maybe?' Pst. Which do you want? The 'No! Please have mercy! Just spare me!' pleading? Personally I've always much preferred, 'You couldn't have freed yourself alone! I held you!' The moment I saw my first other self before me besides that blue-blooded idiot, I knew fate would contort and twist back upon itself before ever allowing me to claim my hard earned victory. But tell fate this, Half-Light Dusk. If the game will cheat before letting me win, I simply have to change the rules.

I WILL stand on equal footing with her. I will no longer be her or anyling else's slave. Not her, not Cocoon's, not my flesh, and most certainly not that mad creature that thinks himself king of everything. He's next on my list. So tell me I am doomed, tell me I have no chance of winning, that I never had any chance of winning, I've heard it many times before, and I have proven them all wrong! I always grant those who look down on me their just reward. Send me to Hell and I SWEAR by every changeling that has ever lived, I will devour it from the inside out like a cancer! Tell me an infinite number of others have made the same boast and failed and were but toys for Havoc in the end, I will be the one to make that boast reality! Lock the gates of Heaven and I will break through them! Dumped me in Oblivion and I will claw my own way out!

I've come too far, I have struggled for too long, to see all I have made with literal sweat, blood, and tears, to crumble to dust now. I refuse to lose!

"Chryssy, is it true they got Spike too?" Sweetie asked.

"I'm sorry dearie."

"Too bad. I really liked dancing with 'em."

I ruffle her mane, "Don't worry my sweet bell, all will dance for you very very soon. I shall admit, Trixie truly showed me, she is indeed the equal of Twilight Sparkle as the Element of Magic. Change the orders, Trixie is to be taken alive, and eliminate Twilight Sparkle...unless I'm there to do it myself."

"Do you HAVE TO Chryssy? Can't you just make her good again?"

Chrysalis looked at the filly surprised. "Sorry Sweetie, but I'm afraid they won't stop causing trouble unless they're made to stop. I'm not doing this to make you unhappy. I'm doing it because I need to."

"Alright Chryssy." Sweetie said, remember what Rarity said about adults doing things they didn't want to.

+++

(Dusk Notes: Alright...we're back where we belong.)

(Noon Notes: Good, now we can bring Chrysalis' plan crashing down around her ears.)

(Dusk Notes: Noon, you know we can't fight Chrysalis.)

(Noon Notes: But it's our JOB to help the heroes do it and earn their happy ending...we just need to play by the rules.)

(Dusk Notes: Did you just-)

(Noon Notes: Hey, Happy Journeys include a lot of learning.)

(Dawn Notes: And Happy Beginnings mean you have to learn a lot to understand the setting and enjoy the story.)

(Dusk Notes: ...And Happy Conclusions mean being willing to look back on an adventure and see where you've succeeded and where you failed. Alright. Let's get back to work.)

(Noon Notes: Okay, lets check the notes and see what we missed...Okay, Twilight and Spike are free. By Trixie and Cadence and the Cutie Mark Crusaders respectively.)

(Dawn Notes: Trixie's okay?! Thank Super Mommy!)

(Dusk Notes: We've always said those kids could do wonders if they put their minds to it.)

(Noon Notes: Misfit Actual didn't get launched, got back together, and took out Digger Wasp, and are heading to take out Kabuto.)

(Dusk Notes: I wondered who did that. That's good news, it means Chrysalis has a threat she doesn't know.)

(Noon Notes: And Moth revealed her true nature but was accepted as a sister by Bon Bon and is part of Twilight's group.)

(Dusk Notes: ...Of all the things you just told me, I think that's the most surprising.)

(Noon Notes: Hey, if there's one thing Equestria is, it's forgiving. Now come on, we've got work to do.)

+++

Oh! There's that weird Pinkie Sense again!...But we haven't got to Applejack yet...

(Interviewer's Notes (Unicorn): Pinkie...as your friend, I want to say thank you for everything...and sorry I haven't been there to guide you through this.)

Oh! It's you! Cool! And no worries! I don't hold a grudge! I'd give you a big hug if it weren't for the fact you're a disembodied voice!

(Interviewer's Notes (Unicorn): Hehe...I missed that, Pinkie...)

+++

(Interviewer's Notes (Unicorn): Twilight...I'm sorry that I wasn't there to give you strength when you needed it most. To guide you down the path that could have saved you so much heartache.)

+++

(Interviewer's Notes (Unicorn): Princess Cadence...I'm sorry for not helping you in your time of need...After all you've done for Twilight, I wish I could have repaid you a little...)

+++

(Interviewer's Notes (Unicorn): Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Fluttercruel, Rarity...I'm sorry I haven't been there to guide you...I hope I can make up for that now.)

+++

(Interviewer's Notes (Unicorn): Applejack, I'm saying this to your heart of hearts. The part of your soul that refuses to yield. I'm so sorry. I should have been there to tell you you didn't need to be scared of your own gifts.)

(Interviewer's Notes (Pegasus): WE should have been there, sis. Now enough apologizing, remember what mom learned? If you want to REALLY make things up to ponies, do, don't just SAY. Fix things in the here and now, don't worry about the past!)

(Interviewer's Notes (Unicorn): ...Hehe...indeed...Applejack, you looked into the truth and did not blink. You never gave up fighting to save Fluttershy's soul. You faced down the embodiment of your own potential evil and won. You looked at your reflection in Orangejack and were able to accept and embrace her. Your heart has weathered many trials. You are one of the most determined, strong willed ponies I have ever known, and I have known many. Please, I know the pain you are in, I was in the same. But weather the storm but a little longer, Applejack. Pensilis has always praised your will to survive, now is the time to prove his praise was well given. Do not let the Queen break your spirit. If not for yourself, then for your family.)

(Interviewer's Notes (Earth Pony): Don't give up, Applejack. You've got a strong heart, just hold out a little longer.)

(Interviewer's Notes (Pegasus): In other words, if there was EVER a time to be stubborn as a mule, NOW'S THE TIME!)

+++

(Dusk Notes: Shining...we failed you. And it's all my fault for allowing me to fall into that witch's snare. But may your heart of hearts listen to me when I say this: Cadence and Twilight are counting on there to be a you to save when they get there. Do not disappoint them...I wish we could be the ones to free you, but Fate will not allow it. Good luck, Shining.)

+++

(Noon's Notes You know, with the Blank Wolf...as it is, we could probably get away with a lot more.)

(Dusk: We could, but just because the lawgiver is indisposed, doesn't mean the laws weren't made for a reason.)

(Noon: I know. I just feel terrible that we can't free Shiny ourselves...)

(Dusk: I know...it upsets me too. But if we cheat, beyond balancing out what cheating Chrysalis was able to do with me, reality is what pays the price for it. We're an outside force. Native concepts are a PART of reality, we're just visitors.)

(Dawn: So what happens we do help lots and lots hooves-on?)

(Noon:...You don't wanna know. Remember what happened in the Lost Third Age, when the Wish Spell tried to 'quick-fix' everything?)

+++

"Wow! These magic newspapers are so cool! Miss Cheerilee told me but I didn't believe it. They'll really show anything we print at the school paper?" Alula, the Foal Free Press' new editor asked.

"Yes," Umbra Breeze said, "After ponies have had a taste of you doing it for free, then you simply charge a fee once it's become a part of their daily lives."

"But will ponies want to read the Foal Free Press again?"

"My dear, they were willing to read it even when they supposedly hated the articles printed in it. You have nothing to worry about. I've already made contacts in Cloudsdale and Canterlot to have the paper released there again, before this whole royal wedding nonsense complicated everything."

"Really? Cool! But...how do they work?"

"It's ... very very very advanced magic little pony, I doubt even Twilight Sparkle could fully understand it without going crazy. It's my own invention."

"What? But-"

"Trust me my dear, nothing is truly impossible."

"You know, I think Diamond mentioned you in my dreams."

"Did she now?"

"Yeah...she said I could trust you to help with the paper, but I shouldn't trust you to help out if things got tough."

"I am merely a sponsor my dear, it wouldn't be proper for me to interfere in things directly, at least right now. But I have faith in your ability. And I'm certain Diamond Tiara would too, she wouldn't appear in your dreams if she didn't would she?"

"I...I guess not? She also told me in my dreams I should make friends with tootsie Flute while her guardians are busy in Canterlot."

"That's a good pegasus. I promise my dear, the Foal Free Press will have a greater effect on Equestria itself than you could imagine."

+++


"Open up in the name of Her Majesty!" The guards banged on the door to Fancy Pants' resident.

Straight Lace opened the door, "Hello officers is there a problem?"

"Renegade Wonderbolts were reportedly seen inside this house by concerned citizens! We have the building surrounded! We demand their immediate surrender."


Dang it, should have expected this would happen. Captain of the Wonderbolts is hard to miss. I could hope that Fancy Pants talks his way out of this...or...

I look to everypony else. "I'm going to turn myself in," I whisper. "Before anyone says anything, trust me when I say I'm causing them MORE trouble this way. I was a guard, I know how much trouble this is going to cause them...just tell anyone that believed Fancy I did it."

"Spitfire, why?" asked Fancy Pants.

"Because we're a rebellion, and I'm sacrificing myself to make life hell on the enemy."

"...You'll be a martyr."

"Exactly...Soarin', Fleetfoot, come on. I can bail you out of this if these things think like Noon said they did."

We leave Filthy Rich and company in hiding, with strict orders to STAY AWAY from windows. We come to the door as the 'guards' look about ready to arrest Straight Lace.

"Don't bother him, I MADE them house us. He's innocent," I told them.

They prepared their weapons and looked ready for a fight. "Freeze!"

I put my hoofs up. "I surrender."

They blinked. "What?"

"Surrender. You know, give up without a fight?"

They looked shocked. "But...YOU CAN'T DO THAT!"

"I just did," I said, holding my hooves and wings to be cuffed. "Soarin' and Fleetfoot where just following orders, they're not responsible for any of this."

They nodded, still seeming dazed. Hehe. Figures, if they follow their queen as single-mindedly as Noon said, then of course they'd assume the same of us. They might imitate ponies, but I get the feeling they never cared enough to really try to understand 'em.

Hey, Noon? You there now?

(Noon Notes: Yeah. But I've got my own rules I need to abide by, so I can't help a LOT. But I can give you advice.)

Alright. So refreshing my memory, these things can't control me like they did your sister if I don't 'invite them in'? Just...I don't know, make me a zombie but that ain't too useful for them?

(Noon Notes: That's about right. Unless Queenie takes a direct interest in you, but hopefully she doesn't have the time to work on you and wants to conserve her power for when she actually needs it instead of 'wasting it' on you now that she's running out of officers.)

So not reminding anypony I even know who Rainbow Dash is sound like a good idea?

(Noon Notes: Very.)

Gotcha.

"I have the right to remain silent and if I do not have an attorney one will be provided to me," I recited from memory. "I've got an attorney by the way, she's actually here in Canterlot."

They grumbled, probably knowing I'd just put more paper work and delays in their path. And gave myself a good excuse to keep my lips sealed.

"What am I being charged for exactly?"

"Assault of a public servant and destruction of public property."

I kept my mouth shut. Anyone in the crowd who was in on Fancy's plan would know what that really meant, which was my intention. I take a peak around. Good, they're curious about what happened. Hehe.

Not only that, I CAN'T be a bug because they all got 'booted out' except 'Queen Cadence'. Right? Looks like the bugs need some new excuses.

(Noon Notes: And their PR guy is presently being held as a prisoner of war by some rebels somewhere. But they can STILL SAY you're under mind control. Though you publicly surrendering when the captain of the Wonderbolts would be useful to keep around is probably going to be hard to explain that way.)

Hehe. Good. I never thought I'd be thankful for good old paper work. I give Soarin' a kiss goodbye and Fleetfoot a hug. Be careful guys.

+++

Author's Note:

Pony POV Series Wedding Arc
Written by Alex Warlorn
Out Of the Background

Previous: http://alexwarlorn.deviantart.com/art/Pony-POV-Series-Wedding-Arc-Friends-Joining-Up-449725721

Next Chapter:

First Chapter: http://alexwarlorn.deviantart.com/art/Pony-POV-Series-Fluttershy-FlutterCruel-Pearls-260092460

Trope page: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Fanfic/PonyPOVSeries (always needs more love).

The Pony POV Series is a non-profit hobby.

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic And All Related Character Copyright Of Hasbro

Art by Rose Laxzi. http://rose-laxzi.deviantart.com/art/Cover-Art-Commission-Alex-WarLorn-439153439

You are free to post your opinion. But please keep it civil.

PreviousChapters Next