• Published 25th Mar 2012
  • 1,682 Views, 37 Comments

Rainbow Origins - Darklex46



Everyone is curious about Dash's mother since she never knew her and set out to find out who she is

  • ...
4
 37
 1,682

chapter 6

Rainbow Origins Ch6



All the mare’s jaws dropped at what Princess Celestia just said. Was she serious? Was she really Rainbow Dash’s mother? Sonic soon made the answer known as he walked up to the regal pony.

“Princess, I know what you’re trying to do, but I have to ask you that there be no more lies. I want my daughter to know the truth about her family.” Sonic said. “It’s been years since I’ve seen my wife and even longer since Rainbow laid eyes on her. She shouldn’t have to go through her life with a sense of longing.”

The Princess stared at Sonic for second before her sister spoke up. “I do have to agree with this colt, dear sister. We’ve been tearing families apart for far too long. Let us stop these actions from prevailing any further.”

“You both understand the risks and the consequences of what you’re asking, correct?” They both nodded. “Then let’s get on with this.”

“Pinkie Pie is confused. What’s going on?” The party pony asked.

“So am I.” Rainbow added, her tone began to turn from that of cluelessness to that of anger and skepticism. “Are you my mother or not?”

“No, Rainbow, I am not your mother. However, before we go any further, I think it’s necessary that we explain what we have been doing all these years that have kept your family apart.” The princess explained. “For centuries, my sister and I have been scouring the world for mystical artifacts that have exponential magical power. Power, that in the wrong hoofs could pose a serious threat to Equestria. Now in order to secure these artifacts, we selected the most promising ponies to go after them.”

“Can you hurry up and get to the point?” Rainbow asked. She then received a rather painful hoof to the ribs from Applejack.
“The point is that your mother is one of these special force ponies and rather famous one at that. I do believe that you have heard of her.” Princess Celestia looked to an adjacent door. “You can come in now.”

For a moment there was silence, then slowly the door began to creak open. An audible gasp echoed throughout the throne room, along with a rapid string of ‘Oh my gosh’ from Rainbow Dash. In the threshold stood one of her many idols, Daring Do live and in the flesh.

“No way!” The multi-colored Pegasus exclaimed. “You’re Daring Do, the most awesome adventurer pony that has ever lived!”

“But that’s impossible!” Twilight gasped. “She’s just a fictional character in a book.”

Rainbow Dash was taken aback by the unicorn’s comment. “Come on, Twilight, an egghead like you should have noticed that on the first page of each book it says that the events in this book are based off of real world things.”

“That’s right.” Daring Do said. “I never would’ve thought my own daughter would like the books about my adventures. But then again, you are my daughter.” She laughed as she made her way over to Sonic. “It’s been a while, dear. I see you’ve gotten old.”

“Yeah well, you try raising and looking after a hyperactive filly for twenty one years.” Sonic laughed. “The stress gets to you.”
Daring looked at her daughter and smiled. “My little Rainbow, well, I guess you’re not so little anymore are you. How the time flies. I bet you have a lot of questions, don’t you?” All Rainbow could do was nod. “Well?”

“Ah think she’s still shocked about havin’ a hot shot adventurer fer her mama. Ain’t that right RD?” Applejack asked.

“Uh, I do have questions, but they’re mostly about the things leading up to this moment.” Rainbow said. “Like those dreams that I had, they didn’t really seem like dreams at all. I just want to know why I had them.”

“I can explain that.” Luna chimed. “We decided that it was time you put an end to this secret agency and taking away ponies from their personal lives. So I sent dreams and awakened old memories in the foals of our agents. That way, they will start questioning their family ties. Much like you did.”

“Dear sister, are saying that I’ll have to go through more situations like this?” Celestia asked, to which her sister nodded happily. “Oh dear me.”

“Another question, how did you and dad meet since somepony won’t tell me?” Rainbow said as she glared at Sonic.

Daring looked at her husband who nodded and back at their daughter. “Well, it was awhile back, when I first started working for Celestia. I was investigating a string of pegasi disappearances over the Everfree Forest when I found your father. He had been captured along with another pony and was going to be killed in order to keep the secret organization working there under wraps. I managed to save him but, sadly, the pony he was with had been mangled beyond recognition. From there, he helped me bring the organization to light and that was the end of that. Afterwards we started seeing each other. One thing led to another and now, here you are.”

“That’s a rather… odd way to meet your special somepony, don’t you think.” Rarity asked.

“Yeah, but it worked out fine in the end.” Daring replied. “So, anything else you want to know?”

“That sounds a lot like your first book; Daring Do and the Everfree Cult.” Rainbow said. “So everything in that book actually happened?”

“More or less, some things had to be changed and moved around though.” Daring replied.

“Oh! Oh! I wanna know why Dashie’s mane and tail are rainbow colored!” Pinkie exclaimed.

Twilight sighed. “Pinkie, what in the name of Celestia does that have to do with anything?”

“Since Dashie isn’t Celestia’s foal, it doesn’t make since that she has a rainbow themed mane. Neither of her parents have any trace of a rainbow on them, so where did it come from?” The party pony explained.

“Sonic, you’re turn to answer a question.” Daring said.

Sonic sighed. “When Rainbow was a foal I took her to work with me at the weather factory and, needless to say, I wasn’t really watching her and she fell into a vat of rainbows. I managed to get the color out of her fur, but her mane and tail were permanently dyed.”

“And she had such beautiful black and blond hair too.” Daring said sadly.

“You’re not going to let me forget that are you? I’ve told you a million times it was an accident!”

“How do you not look after your own foal?! She’s your own flesh and blood!” Daring argued. “And what if she drowned? I am not about to have another foal because of your cluelessness!”

"Wow. Ah didn't think somepony could drown in rainbows." Applejack whispered to Fluttershy.

“The wonders of family drama.” Luna laughed. “Aren’t you glad we don’t have to worry that sort of thing?”

“Don’t think that you’re off the hook for what you did today.” Princess Celestia replied coldly. “We’re going to have a talk about it later.”

“So much for that idea. Guess its time for plan B.” With that Luna teleported out of the throne room.

Pinkie began to grin ear to ear and bouncing around the room. “This is so great! Rainbow finally met up with her mother and everything is right in the world! You all know what that means!”
. . .
Everypony in the castle was partying the day away out in the royal garden when Pinkie brought her friends and company outside.

“What’s all this about?” Daring asked.

“This is a party for you and Dashie, silly filly! Hope you like it!” Pinkie exclaimed before running off into a crowd of ponies.

“Um…” The adventure pony was about to ask a question but was cut by Twilight.

“Don’t ask about anything, just go with it.”

Daring Do nodded and walked over to Rainbow Dash. “Ya know, Celestia told me about how you are the best young flier in Equestria and how you pulled off the sonic rainboom. Of course I’m not surprised; you are my daughter after all. However, I still haven’t seen you do it, think you can do one right now?”

Rainbow smiled. “Of course I can!” She quickly took off and soared high into the air. Once high enough she entered a nosedive, picking up speed and waiting for the cone to form. Soon enough it did and with one last mighty flap of her wings, Rainbow broke through, resulting in the radiant sonic rainboom that made its way across the sky.
Rainbow flew back up into the sky and screamed out at the top of her lungs. “THIS IS THE BEST DAY EVER!”

Daring smiled as she eyed the spectacle that spread out above her. "That's my girl."

END

Comments ( 8 )

Well... that was not a twist I was expecting... so that one reviewer was right then... well damn.

I called it! :D But I must say, that's still quite a :twistnerd:

... What a twist! :twistnerd: i actually wasn't expecting that.. Great story! Here's 5 out of 5 flutteryays for you :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

I was not excepting that twist :twistnerd: Keep up the good work. :pinkiehappy:

I know I'm beating a dead horse with this (pun not intended), but I didn't expect that :twistnerd:
Good job. :rainbowkiss:

That was so sweet and touching. But then why did Celestia say she was Dashie's mom ?

awesome story. But I must point out like all the other stories. The puns must always be used in the narrative and dialog. Nopony, somepony, everypony, ecetra. Sorry. But this is a MLP fanfiction. They always use these puns. Besides that, You made my jaw drop when Mrs. Do stepped into the picture. :pinkiegasp:

"Absolutely fantastic!"
-The Ninth Doctor.

Login or register to comment