• Published 4th Mar 2014
  • 1,454 Views, 14 Comments

Negotiations - USSOakland



What does it take to stop world leaders from spilling blood? luckily, a little human charm and calm disposition should be enough to help Ambassador Jake Winston

  • ...
11
 14
 1,454

Chapter 1

Ambassador Winston sat in the conference room with leaders of the Equestrian world, His clammy hands filed through papers as he breathed breaths of anxiety.

looking up and over his papers, he could see the Princess of the Sun ,Celestia, doing the same as he, shuffling through notes and paper. He gulped at her appearance, she looked so calm, yet her body seemed to radiate power and authority which filled the room. Her sister, Princess Luna, was sitting next to her, chatting quietly with the Prime Minister of Zebrica. To the minister's immediate right, was the Gryphon King, Leonus. He was writing something on a notepad while listening to his adviser. On the other side of Celestia was Princess Twilight, the newly crowned Royal Noble of Equestria. Siting three feet away from the Ambassador was the bull horned dictator of Minatus, Cyphron. His imposing minotaur body loomed over the table as it seemed to cast a shadow of domination, on the right of the Ambassador was another dictator, Draekus the leader of the Dragon Sovereignty.

The Mr.Winston pulled his chair in slightly and let out a long breath, he closed his eyes and cleared his mind. he took a few seconds to ready himself for the fast approaching negotiations. Opening his eyes, he gulped and claps his hands together,

"Lets get to work."

Taking one last breath, he cleared his throat to get leaders attention. All at once, the leaders stopped what they were doing and looked at the Ambassador. gulping, he began to speak.

"Good afternoon everyone, I hope the catering and hotel service did a fine job at accommodating everybody."

"Why yes, the service was exceptional, I was quite pleased with the measures your species has taken to unsure our comfortably." The Prime minister of Zebrica said with a gentle smile. Her disposition seemed cheerful despite the magnitude of this situation.

The Celestia princess spoke up,

"Luna and I did enjoy the catering, we greatly appreciate the service." She said, her eyes softening with the appreciation of a mother."

"The waiters where clumsy." Cyphron coldly stated.

"A pregnant sow could of held those drinks with more ease then one of your own kind." he said with slight venom

The ambassador clenched his teeth with malice and annoyance.

Ever since the portal opened in the Atlantic, the leaders of Earth had to scramble ambassadors to the various species of Equestria. However, After continued confusion with multiple ambassadors from several different countries assigned to one or two species, the UN had decide to pick just one ambassador represent Earth. Whether you call it luck, or a damnation , Mr.Winston got the job, the highly stress full and youth sucking job. Even at 35, his hair was starting to grey rapidly.

Mr.Winston looked over to Cyphron, who had his arms crossed, with a dirt bag smile in which he wore. Winston hated him for his narcissism and sarcasm, his people must also hate him for it too. He is famously known to be a heartless and brutal dictator, one who fights useless wars, lets his people starve, and periodically denies international aid to his dying populace. The only reason Earth is even allied this psycho is that his country is sitting on a literal ocean of oil. In fact, there is enough of that black gold to supply Earth with 5 years of gas and petrol.

Oil is a very rare thing on earth, after exhausting seventy-five percent of drill-able oil and reserves, the world plunged into chaos. Riots and mass protests where erupting when gas stations closed and cars where broken into for their gas and motor oil. Gas and Oil companies shut down and pulled their money out from stock, causing a massive market crash and putting most of the world into a mass depression. Countries where lining up at there borders with armies of biblical proportions, ready to destroy and ransack their neighbors for the precious plutonium liquid.

In the middle of the whole mess, was a mystical portal that opened up in the North Atlantic Ocean. When scientist had said the aperture leaded to another world that was populated with intelligent life, The UN addressed the portal by sending a team of first contact soldiers from several different countries into the portal. The world sat on the edge of its seat as its humanity made first contact. Finally, the men returned with a hand full of alien diplomats and royals that represented their sovereignty's. After setting up diplomatic relations with the populace, the world had learned about the gigantic oil pockets that dotted the foreign land.

Many countries on earth wanted to collectivity attack and invade the world for its black bounty. In fact, some countries where so desperate, they had actually sent warships and troop carriers to the portal's entrance. When the leaders of the new world saw this, they thought this was and act of war, and thus sent troops to their side of the portal. Celestia had tried to calm down tensions, but failed when nether side compiled. Eventually some leaders of Earth blindly threatened nuclear warfare out of desperation, many of the leaders on the other side the ocean gateway backed down due to them learning the horrific weapon they possessed.

However, salvation came for humanity when the State of Minatus agreed to give Earth its oil resources in exchange for nuclear defense in a war time situation. The UN eagerly agreed, this then caused the Dragon sovereignty to ask for protection in-turn for oil. Again, The UN agreed, and thus a new organization was formed. The Dragnes,Mintus & Earth Alliance, D.E.M.A.

This however, greatly concerned the Equestrian Sovereignty Treaty Organization. Celestia and the rest of the E.S.T.O countries did not like the idea of Cyphron being able to start a war while having Earth's support and nuclear might backing him.

Consequently, this is how the meeting between the two powers was organized, to prevent a disastrous war or at least convince Cyphron from using weapons of mass destruction.


The room sat in awkward silence after Cyphron statement. Celestia coughed to break the silence,

*echem*

"I believe we should get started, Ambassador Winston, would you like to start us off?"

The ambassador nodded and sat up whilst straitened his papers,

"The collective nations of DEMA and ESTO where called to this assembly today to discuss, look over and revise the current standing of military aid to the State of Minatus and other under the DEMA treaty." he began

"The importance of this assembly is of the highest concern of the ESTO leaders and their people. To make any agreements or changes within the contracts of both organizations, all leaders of the summit must agree to a pure, and noble promise to withhold the international and inter-dimensional law that is put in place, this is done by stating "I Shall comply", we will start with Nethiek, the Prime Minister of Zebrica and work our way around the room."

When the ambassador finished, Nethiek stood up,

"I shall comply"

After her,was Princess Luna,

"I Shall comply"

Then Celestia stood up,

"I shall comply"

Twilight then followed suit,

"I shall comply"

after her, the Gryphon king Leonus pledged, then Draekus he lifted his head and spoke,

"C'thal s'hul neth"

His translator, which was a small brown and green dragon, translated,

"He complies"

The room once again flooded with silence as everyone gazed at Cyphron, who had his arm crossed while staring absently at the floor.

"General Cyphron," began Winston,

"In order for this summit to continue, you need to pledge the oath."

A few more seconds of deafening silence.

Cyphron narrowed his eyes and half said, half growled

"I comply"

Most of the leaders breathed a sigh of relief, at least he was willing to continue this meeting.

The ambassador then slid one paper behind the other and began reading the new document.

"To start the summit, Princess Celestia will begin, then the rest shall follow with their own concerns."

Celestia stood up with her notes and cleared her throat.

"Thank you ambassador, To start with, I'd like thank everyone that came to this assembly."

Everyone nodded and slightly smiled, everyone except Cyphron.

"Anyway, My allies and I have been deeply concerned with the contents within the treaty that Earth and Minatus have. Especially with the use of nuclear devices with in a war time scenario. The ESTO has decided that the DEMA alliance must change its treaty in order to protect both Earth's and Equus's citizens. Furthermo-"

"We aren't changing anything." Cyphron blatantly said as he interpreted Celestia.

Celestia's face turned sour at his interruption.

"General, it would be greatly deprecated if you did not interrupt anypony during the summit."

"Fine, but I will not change any part of the treaty." he spat.

Everyone in the room shifted nervously in their seats. he continued,

"Why should I give up my protection? why should the dragon's give up theirs as well?"

"The so called protection is not needed General, there is already peace, what is there to protect from?" Leonus answered him.

"Protection from YOUR nation, your already claim to own MY eastern half of the Coltic Sea. And you have sent your troops to the Taros peninsula, that is an act of war." he shot back

'Not this again " Ambassador Winston thought.

"The peninsula is under rightful Gryphon territorial boundaries! and yet you still continue to state it is your land even though on the map it clearly is not." Lenous said

"The Taros region is a Minotaur ancestral site! your dirty Griffon claws are walking all over ancient sites and temples!" Cyphron growled

"How dare you!" shouted Lenous

"Maybe Equus would be a much more peaceful world if your race stopped trying to invade our lands you mongrel!" Lenous said.

"Shut it you pile of bird sh-"

"ENOUGH!"

the assembly quickly fell silent at the sound of Luna's Royal Voice. She then began to speak normally,

"I have had enough of this argument, ambassador what are your thoughts on changing the treaty's contents?"

Mr.Winston coughed and responded to Luna

"Well, I believe with some time, effort, and cooperation, we could reach an agreement in changing sanctions-"


"I'll cut off the oil supply to Earth." Cyphron spat.


Some leaders in the room gasped, The Ambassador's face turned ghostly pale as he turned his head to Cyphron, who was staring directly at him. This only furthered the stop of blood flow to the The Ambassador's face. Twilight, for the first time, interjected,

"N-now now, we don't have to go to drastic measures." she said nervously

"I agree with the Princess, we don't want to make a mess. " Said Nethiek

Cyphron sat up in his chair and looked back at Celestia.

"I will not be pressured into leaving my main means of leverage and protection in Equus. if the treaty is changed, no oil for Earth."

Mr.Winston shakily reacted to the Generals statement,

"Bu-but y-you do realize what Earth's countries w-will do? right?"

"If my country cant have security, than Earth gets no oil." he said.

"Creth' la nel'k 'ek'nolv kuc!" spoke Draekus, though his translator soon took over,

"You fool, why would you make such a childish choice?" the dragon said.

"Because, why wouldn't you want such power and force backing up your nation? I do believe you want protection for your own nation."

"Tek nal' tel'nok, plek'jel la'hal" Responded the dragon, and then his translator,

"That's not the point, and I do want protection.

"Exactly, that's what I thought." Cyphron said smugly.

"Ive had enough of your childish games Cyphron, if you don't change or remove the sanctions, I might have to take military action." Threatened Lenous.

"Is that a threat of war?" asked Cyphron dangerously.

"There will be no conflict, we don't need to escalate the situation any further." Celestia said while trying to diffuse the situation.

"I agree with Celestia, no war will come over this meeting." Twilight said calmly.

The rest of the assembly moved uncomfortably in their chairs as everyone quieted down. The ambassador looked at the General and searched his face for any kind of hesitance, but he only found rage and pure determination. Mr.Winston wiped the sweat from his forehead with his sleeve,

"God, where sitting on the biggest ticking bomb I've have ever seen." he thought.

Lenous raised an eyebrow and began to speak,

"Well, you do understand if you continue to invade sovereign lands of the ESTO, we will have no choice but to mobilize our troops and stop you from your persistent threats and military actions."

The General snapped with force of a tree trunk breaking completely in half, Cyphron stood up and practically screamed at the Gryphon king with a fiery rage,

"THAT IS IT! I am FINISHED with your threats and pokes at me, and my nation! I Declare War against the Gryphon kingdom!"

At that point, the entire room erupted into a flurry of activity as leaders tried to convince the General to revoke his decision, as well as panicked delegates scrambled to telephones to report the horrid and apocalyptic news. it was absolute chaos, in the middle of it, Cyphron turned from his scream fest with the world leaders to look at The Ambassador,

"NO! I don't care anymore, YOUR SHORES WILL BE SCORCHED WITH FIRE AND YOUR SEAS WILL BOIL! You!" he pointed to Mr.Winston, who was quivering with terror as the Minotaur looked at him.

"Due to you trying to revoke protection of My nation, I will be cutting off oil and I'll be using you nuclear stock pile you have station just out side of our boarders. Your world will see me burn the oil fields while I destroy Equestria and Gryphon."

Then, he stormed out of the conference room with out a second thought.

This left Ambassador Winston shaking as he looked around the room, already, multiple generals from different countries where talking to their leaders, some had maps of Equus out and where pointing to areas on it,while others where talking to reporters about what just transpired.

The Ambassador got up, closed his eyes and took a deep breath. he then opened his eyes and walked out of the assembly, back back to headquarters where he and other delegates will prepare for war.

Author's Note:

This little story was just a way for me to get over my chronic writers block and possible laziness(lol sorry).

hope you guys enjoyed my first one shot /)

Comments ( 14 )

Please continue this! It's very interesting

good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Continue this!!!!!! Please! It be gooooood!!!!&

Love it. One problem though. He said he would use our nuclear stockpile, but we would never under any circumstances give them nukes. We just offered protection

Welp.... if he's so gung ho about blowing himself up, by all means! Let him!

4033360 shipping nukes over to a country in another dimension is a costly and possibly dangerous proses, so DEMA decided to just build the nukes in Equus by shipping the parts once at a time. Plus the faculty is secured and guarded, Cyphron wants to take it by force.

I hope that clears it up

4034308 just hoping that you don't make them get ahold of the nukes because frankly they have jack shit in terms of weapons and they won't even know how to use the nukes

And this is only a one shot? I'd like to see this continued and watch the Minotars get their asses kicked, lol.

And how could they even know how to use / have the facility's needed to launch a nuke? And they can't really force a human controlled silo to do it, the 2 people who have control of the launch codes / keys inside any silo will destroy them and kill themselves like they are trained to before the Minotars could ever get inside. If they could even get to it...

4039833 all will be explained, IN THE EPILOGUE! (Dun dun DUUUUN)


Yes I'm making an epilogue, It will just be written to tie up some lose strings. or maybe lead into a sequel

if you do not make more i will rip out your still beating haert:pinkiecrazy: and eat it

if you do not make more i will rip out your still beating heart:pinkiecrazy:and eat it

I will downvote this for one reason...

It's COMPLETE

4459474 don't worry,

soon,

MOAR shall come :pinkiehappy:

4459474 exactly!It needs more, to start a story!!!!!!!!

Login or register to comment