• Published 8th Feb 2014
  • 14,423 Views, 524 Comments

Screw the rules we're on a road trip. - Ssendam the Masked



Evil cosplaying humans go on a road trip round Equestria.

  • ...
58
 524
 14,423

A meeting with Sunbro!

Yoshimitsu’s P.O.V, present day.

I barrelled into the place that looked like a gingerbread house, driven by a drug fueled hunger. I saw my target- a rack of donuts, freshly glazed. Shoving aside the blue pudgy mare there, I grabbed them, farted in her face and ran back out, all in the space of about thirty seconds. When I ran back, it was to see Tobi furiously running away from Celestia, phasing through her attacks as was the norm. I heard roaring in the distance, and blinked as a dragon shot out of the tree. I blinked.
Wait a minute… I sped after him, narrowly dodging a blast from Mighty Whitey herself. I caught up with Tobi in about five seconds and engaged in a casual conversation.

“Tobi, did you…” Tobi nodded.
“Yes. Don’t worry, I just gave him the armour and pony pornography.”
“...when did we have pony pronography?”
“They were in some of the books, remember?”
“I have deigned to forget that.” Behind us, Celestia seemed pissed off.
“Tobi, I think we’re going to need some… help on this one.”
“Help? We’re all alone here, bro. We can’t exactly call for help.” WIth that, he turned around, focusing on Celestia.
“Fire release: Blast Wave Wild Dance!” With that, Kamui activated, and Celestia had to roll in midair to avoid the twisting fireball. Unfortunately, it missed our marijuana, instead hitting the nearby tower, which was destroyed. I shed a tear in remorse- it was kind of cool, that innocent tower.

I cackled, then slammed into something. Looking up, I saw into the angry, ANGRY green eyes of the dragon.
“You stay right there, Yoshimitsu.” I looked at Tobi angrily, who seemed to be as confused about this all as I was.
“Tobi, what the fuck? I thought he wasn’t supposed to be talking right now due to greed?” Tobi shrugged.
“I don’t know what’s going on here either.”
“Stand right there, you villains!” I squinted. It was the white one…
“Fabulous one! YOU tamed the savage beast?”
“Actually, I think that’s music. Music tames the savage beast,” Tobi explained as I looked at him with the question evident in my body language. I shrugged. “Whatever.” I felt Tobi grab me.

“Oh, no you don’t.” A blast sizzled, and Tobi cursed as he had to leave.
“Shit.” Fabulous laughed.
“It seems as if you two are having a bit of a bother. Now, you should really surrender. I mean, there is a loaded dragon nearby.” In answer, Tobi slammed his hands together.
“You haven’t seen the best of my morning wood yet! Wood Release: Wood Dragon!” With that, a gigantic serpent sprouted out of the ground. It swirled around, while big purple looked at it uneasily.
“That’s not exactly a dragon. Looks like a sn-” The serpent bit him. The result?

I watched as glowing green magic flowed out of Spike and into the dragon. He tore it off, but the dragon went back to Tobi, who absorbed the magic it had drained with a touch. With that, he waved cheekily and ran off, me running along after him.

Behind us, Spike looked slightly smaller, but he was still giving chase. I tried to run faster, but in one, mighty punch, I was sent flying along with Tobi. As we soared through the air with the greatest of ease, I could only say one thing.
“LOOKS LIKE TEAM ROCKET’S BLASTING OFF AGAIN!” I swear that as I said that, I heard a ting sound.

Tobi’s P.O.V, present day.

As we fell through the air, I couldn’t help but feel a bit of fear.
“AAAAAAAAAHHHH!” Okay, a lot of fear. But can you blame me? A gigantic dragon just punches us and sends us flying. Would you not be a little bit afraid? Especially because we were flying towards a mountain. Thinking quickly, I grabbed Yoshimitsu. “KAMUI!” I sucked him into the separate dimension, protecting him from the outcome of the fall. I then braced myself, and entered the dimension myself.

Popping through, I was rewarded with a somewhat softer dive onto a pile of pillows. I remembered those pillows well- I’d stolen them from the Princesses themselves. I impacted with them with a grunt of expelled wind.

For a moment, I lay there, thinking about how close we’d been to death. I mean, we were tough as nails, but even we had our limits. Eventually, I heard Yoshimitsu walking to me.
“Thanks for the save man.” Yoshimitsu looked around.
“Man, it’s been a while since I’ve been in here.”
“It’s only been a thousand years, sempai.” He snorted. “Send us both out in Canterlot.” I nodded. The problem with exiting Kamui was that we could only really do it wherever I was the closest in the real world- in other words, Canterlot.

Right back to where we started. I groaned. Some road trip this was turning out to be. Still, at least I had a joint the size of God here with me. I took a reflective puff.
“We’re going to need some serious help.”
“I told you, we’re alone here.” I felt angry and depressed- we needed help to get going, and we both knew it. We held back a lot, and hid in the shadows. We were ninjas, not up front warriors!

I selected a suitable exit point- the Canterlot Dungeons. We’d spent a lot of time here in the past, mainly due to the guards having no real way to contain our mighty power. At least, until the day when Mighty Whitey and Big Blue hit us in the back with the Sparkly Jewellery attack. Standing up, I grimaced at the memory. I didn’t want to think about that.
“The dungeons? Why here?” I shrugged.
“I don’t rightly know why, sempai. Maybe there are less guards down here. That’s a possibility. Mighty Whitey wasn’t very cautious in the old days, eh sempai?” Yoshimitsu nodded.

We wandered around, trying to escape the nagging feeling that maybe they’d followed us. Somehow. Stupid scrying spells. These dungeons looked like they hadn’t been used for hundreds of years- you’d think that they’d never have used them. But they did use them- we knew that much. You’d have to, otherwise why build them in the first place?

I stopped at a particular cell. Something about it just… drew the eye, or rather, the Sharingan. Call it intuition, but the magic around this cell was… odd. Many-levelled. Odd way to describe anything. I deactivated it and beckoned Yoshimitsu over.
“Sempai, check this out.”
“What is it?” I looked in.
“Nothing, I just got a hunch, sempai.” I looked around, eventually spotting it.
Solaire of Astoria.
The words were hidden from normal eyesight, but not to my eyes. I looked at them. Something told me that this wasn’t something I wanted to mess around with. So, naturally I messed around with it.

I flicked through some handsigns.
“Kuchiyose no Jutsu!” I slammed my outstretched palm onto the glowing sign, expecting nothing to happen. Instead, a burst of smoke rolled out, like in the show. When it cleared, I shaded my eyes from the brightness of the spectacle in front of me.

A knight, dressed in chain mail with a bucket-shaped helmet, chestplate covered with a white tabard emblazoned with a sun. He seemed to be asleep. Suddenly, he awoke, pushing himself up to a sitting position.
“Eh, wha-” He suddenly slapped himself in the helmet.
“Oh fuck I forgot to praise!” He scrambled to his feet, raising his arms up.
“Praise the sun!” I looked at him strangely. He looked back. “...that didn’t salvage the situation, did it?”

Another human. He could help us out! I raised my hands in the air and yelled merrily.
“BANZAI! BANZAI!” The knight tilted his head.
“Uh… are you alright?” I waved my hand in his face.
“This is so cool!”

He turned, saw Yoshimitsu, and squeed again.
“Oh Lord, I never thought that I’d see a human being ever again!” He paused.
“Or… Wait, are you human?” It sounded like he’d gone a bit crazy over time. I giggled.
“Oh, we’re as human as you are. I’m Tobi, and this is Yoshimitsu, but you probably already know that.”
The knight dude stuck out a hand.
“I am Solaire of Astora.” I waved. “Nice to meet you!”


He touched me, as if to make sure that I was real. I didn’t mind; we had bigger things to worry about than our new friend making sure of our existence. Then, he withdrew. “Well, why have you summoned me? I assume you need my help?” I slumped a bit. Now I was being reminded of our problem. “Well, yes. You see, we were minding our own business, covering Ponyville in marijuana, then we got high,” a thought struck me, “hang on a moment.” Focusing on Kamui, I pulled out a joint and shot it into my hand.

“You want a toke?” I offered it to him with reverence. He took it hesitantly, and just looked at it. I continued with my tale.
“After that, MIghty Whitey and Big Blue came through with Purple Smart, Bubba, Fabulous, Pinkie and the Dyke. I then used Gate of Babylon to induce a greed growth spurt in Spyro the Dragon.” Sunbro just stared at us. “Mighty Whitey?” I mentally cursed; he didn’t really know about our nickname.

Fortunately, Yoshimitsu was on hand to help. “We mean Celestia. It’s a nickname.” Solaire nodded. “Aha. I see. Sun Butt has got you too.” Nice nickname. He pocketed my joint and lifted his crystalline staff.. “So. You’re running from Spyro I take it.” I nodded earnestly.
"Yep. He somehow gained sentience in a greed induced growth spurt. We don’t want to kill him; practically a baby. Plus, he can’t fight to save his life.”

“Of course. There is no fun in murder.” He looked around. “Let’s see… if my bearings are correct we’re in Canterlot, you’re running from Sunbutt, and Spyro the Dragon is hunting you.”
Yoshimitsu-sempai nodded. “Yep. Normally, he’d not be a problem, but Tobi’s running on fumes right now, low on chakra.” For Solaire-san’s benefit, he explained. “We don’t use normal magic; rather, we use chakra. I’m a Wind specialist, and Tobi uses Fire, Water and Earth. Magic and Chakra are pretty similar, but different. Anybody can use chakra, it’s just a matter of training and drinking lots of juice. And Tobi’s all bummed out from making a forest of marijuana, and all I can do is kill shit.” Solaire nodded. “That’s where I come in. So we need to get to safety, and I want that dragon weapon.” Wow. He’s really into this, isn’t he? “Everfree is out, and I don’t think that Canterlot is a good hiding spot. Have you tried the Crystal Caves?” At this, I felt joy in my heart! Sunbro was awesome like that. “Those? Oh, yeah, we know about those. Oh! Sempai, we should give him the chakra power!” I bounced. It was only proper that we teach Sunbro the chakra.

Unfortunately, Yoshimitsu shook his head. “Later, Tobi. We do have a dragon to beat the shit out of.” I nodded, and gave Sunbro a thumbs up sign. “Next time we meet, we’ll teach you how to chakra, alright?” Sunbro nodded and I almost squeed in pleasure. My glorious sempai stared at Sunbro’s eyes. “Oh, and one more thing: how do we contact you between worlds?” I was actually wondering that myself.

Sunbro reached into a small pouch on his belt and withdrew a white stone, which he handed to me. “Write on any surface, and I’ll be able to summon you. Also, you’ll be able to summon me.” Sunbro cleared his throat, and said: “There is no way of knowing how long your world and mine will stay in contact, so use it so that we can stay in contact, and engage in jolly co-operation!” I nodded reverently, stashing it in one of my many pockets. Yoshimitsu-sempai turned to Solaire. “Alright, we leave the dragon in your capable hands. When you return to your world, look to the Crystal Caves, and you shall see our sign. Summon us to learn the secrets of chakra.” With that, Yoshimitsu gripped onto me, and I focused on the earth beneath my feet. “Earth release: Hiding like a Mole technique!” With that, we slipped through the ground and left Sunbro to his arduous task.

We popped out within the Crystal caves. I turned to Yoshimitsu and took out the soap stone. I went over to a wall, and scrawled:
Yoshimitsu and Tobi.
Ninja for hire.
Please, apply here for lessons in chakra. I stepped back and admired my efforts. “That seem good enough, Yoshimitsu-sempai?” He nodded. “Excellent. Now, shall we run like hell?” I nodded, and we sprinted off, eager to return to our roadtrip.

Spike’s P.O.V.

I tromped into Canterlot, carefully navigating the streets, watching for ponies. I was so caught up, that I didn’t seem to focus, until a loud voice sounded:
“HEY, BARNEY!” Startled, I looked up, at a humainoid figure that apparently had a bucket for a head. No, wait; that was an old style of helmet, replaced well before the pre-Winter Conference era. Man, I needed to get out more. He seemed to glow with a bright yellow light, weirdly enough.

I was pretty confused; that wasn’t Tobi or Yoshimitsu. He continued speaking, like an old-fashioned knight. “Vile creature whose scales are made of stone…” Okay, he’s certainly as crazy as they are, I’ll give him that. He placed the crystalline staff he held on his back and held out a hand. “By the will of lord Gwyn, I challenge you!” The sunlight solidified into a solid spear, which he then threw at me.

“Ow.” I deadpanned as it pinged off of my scales harmlessly. I frowned; obviously hostile, and the same species… didn’t need to be Twilight to figure out that one. “Are you an ally to those two morons? Because, seriously dude, it’s not worth it. I’m just gonna pummel you.” I wound my arm back for a mega punch, and he seemed disinterested.

“Oh no~ what am I going to do- DOUBLE SUN POWER!” What? I then shielded my eyes as he glowed as brightly as the sun, and he threw up a magical shield, seemingly just standing there. I squinted at it suspiciously. He was way too cocky…
“Never mess with co-operation!” Ah. He was right behind me. I looked behind me, and he slammed his staff in the air. The sunlight solidified around him, formed more spears, and hit my tail. As usual, no effect.
“Are you made of Notch’s Tears?” I raised an eyebrow; guy was weird and ignorant. “Do you not know anything about dragons? We’re the most magically resistant thing in Equestria.” I grinned; this guy was only attacking with magic, so that was all he had with him. “It seems as if we are at an impasse; I cannot harm you, and you cannot harm me.”

The creature raised a hand to its chin, thinking. “Hmm...” It was planning something. “Let’s see… You’re immune to magic, You can’t hit me, and I’m more than certain that there are others on the way.” He suddenly brightened. “Then we shall play a most amusing game.” I was instantly on guard. Nothing good would come out of this, I knew it. “What game were you thinking of, you weirdo?”

For an answer, he simply said, “A simple game…” here he flicked his wrist, bombs appearing. I watched as he sent them all around. If he’s going to attack ponies… “BLOW UP THE CASTLE!” With that, they all exploded, sending strange music throughout the land. To my ears, it sounded like a Prench pony saying “Surprise Buttsex.”

My ears rang with pain, and I clapped my hands over my ears to try to deaden the sound. It felt as if it was shaking my whole body apart! “You tricky bastard!” I roared, trying to hit him, but he fluttered out of the way with impunity. “Nanananana~” He sang, seemingly thinking. Then, he flourished his staff.

“Oi Barney! I was wondering what,” he paused, but I knew what he was going to say next, somehow, “I wonder what Rarity would think! Seeing you flail about like a retarded fish. Such grace, much poise, very wow.” I didn’t get why he’d said that last part, but the first part hit me home, and reminded me that for all his silliness, this guy was still a major threat to Equestria.
“Oh, you did not just go there. Don’t make me angry. You won’t like me when I’m angry.” Not exactly the most original of threats, but I was pretty angry at that moment.

And Solaire just laughed more. “I’m sure that she doesn’t either.” You bastard! “Oh, whatcha going to do ‘bout it? Flail around more? You’re not a dragon, you a SEAL!” He floated up a bit higher. “Also… man, you got shit luck don’t you? I mean… Wow. I don’t think they think you as an equal! I mean look at it!” He pointed at me. “A little pet on a leash! They ask you to do a few tricks and give you praise!” That cut me deeply. I fumed, before letting it all out.

“Shut up!” I roared, and the city below me trembled. “I’ve seen Discord and Nightmare Moon; hell, I’ve heard about Chrysalis. You’re just playing mind games with me! You’re trying to make me dance for you!” He looked at me strangely. “Does that make it any less true, then?” That simple statement cut right through to my heart. I focused on him wholy, intent on getting an opening to pound this smooth bastard into dust.
He lounged back on a lawn chair that was made of sunlight, and started to monologue. Classic mark of a villain right there. “I know the future, let me share a little bit! You won’t be given the credit you deserve in the Crystal Empire, and when Twilight’s crown is stolen by that one bacon haired bitch, you’ll be turned into a dog!” I scoffed at that; villains always lied to you. “Nopony can see the future! You’re just lying! A lying liar who lies! That’s what you are. I’m not listening to you anymore.” Solaire just looked at me. “Then ask Celestia about Sunset Shimmer, or about King Sombrero or whatever the heck his name was. Oh, and a little bit of advice, as a comrade,” he got up, and flourished his staff. “Never let a guy monologue for more than five minutes at a time, because that’s more than enough time for the people you need to catch get away, and it just makes you look like a dumbass in front of the whole capital.”

I stared, then I facepalmed. I’d just fallen for the oldest trick in the book. “You were a freaking decoy…” A thought struck me; this might just be an illusion. “And I guess you’re not even real, huh. Because that would be just
fabulous.” The knight shook its head. “Oh no, I’m quite real.” A smile crept into its voice. “Also, I didn’t even have to dodge you. My real body is across dimensions, so even if I ‘Die’ here, then I awaken back where I was unharmed.” He suddenly reached into his pocket. “OH WAIT!” He pulled out a black gemstone that I couldn’t identify. “For your troubles.” He then dropped it.

I snorted. “Oh, hell no.” That seemed to shock the bastard. “I don’t know what that was, exactly, but it’s probably nothing good.” Solaire just stood in midair, in silence. “...” Then, he just glared at me. “Well fine! Ignore my gifts!” I watched with some small satisfaction when he stamped the ground like a spoiled foal being denied their toy. He stomped angrily towards the city. “I have suns I need to praise!” What? Whatever. I waved a claw at him. “You pointed out that I’m a dumbass, isn’t that enough? Leave. Your friends are quite a handful alone. We don’t need you as well. Go and… praise these suns!” Not the best comeback ever, but I was angry, bitter and ridiculed. I shrank back down to my regular size, no longer angry enough to maintain it. Solaire stared at me. “Okay look, I’m not an asshole so here.” A sword dropped down from him in front of me. “Learn to use it. That way, you can prove me wrong. Nothing is set in stone after all~”

I looked at the sword. I was angry, but it was dying down. The knight was right; nothing was going to change if I didn’t change as well. “...Yeah, I suppose you’re right. Nothing changes unless one wills it and all that, eh?” That was Starswirl the Bearded’s saying; I picked things up a lot. Then, I frowned. He’d said, that he came across dimensions... “Hang on… you said you came from another world. What did you mean by that, exactly?”

The knight stared off into the distance. “Through signs of summon I can be called, beyond the worlds past the stars.” I stared at him, not believing. “No seriously I can be summoned anywhere any time and I’m giving away how I do it to every human I meet.” He began… fading away. “Bye!”

I waved, then the implications hit me…
Tobi and Yoshimitsu had met him. That meant that they knew how to do it as well. What’s more… “But if you were summoned here, then… there are MORE of you?! More… mad creatures that can just walk through reality?! And MORE of you making these signs?! Oh, this isn’t good.” Before he left, his hand was outstretched, two foreclaws extended outwards, other two curled into his palm. “GG no re!” And like that, he was gone. I stood there, unblinking. Then, I grabbed the sword. Time to change my destiny.

Author's Note:

A crossover with F*ck it I'm having fun. Jimmy's kind of the coolest.