• Published 6th Jan 2014
  • 24,263 Views, 960 Comments

Rise of Sunbutt the Awesome - BobAlcove



Princess Celestia is the paragon of everything good and pure. And currently not available. Hi my name is Frank, the new guy in charge of this body and I'm here to fulfill all your princess needs. At least until I find something better to do.

  • ...
106
 960
 24,263

Viva Las Pegasus Part 1...

One day earlier...



“Is that really what rich ponies do for fun?”

Applejack was seated in front of a large slot machine and pulled the handle for what felt like the hundredth time, letting the barrels spin. She took a sip from her drink while they rotated and looked around the almost empty casino.

This early in the morning was apparently not the best time to gamble in Las Pegasus.

An obnoxious ringing and the sound of climpering coins told Applejack that she’d won again, but her hooves didn’t reach out to collect the bounty from the little container under the machine. There was no reason to do so, because the meager amount didn’t compare to the pile that was already lying under her stool.

That’s what Applejack had been doing all morning since she arrived in Las Pegasus.

Winning.

And even that pile didn’t hold a candle to the money she made earlier at Blackjack. Although, Applejack couldn’t bluff worth a damn, apparently being experienced at spying lies and deceit are equally good qualities when it came to gambling. Capable of reading the dealers like a book, she could always tell if they had something worthwhile or not. Her seat hadn’t even been warm from sitting, and she already got the chips stacked higher than herself on the table.

One hour into the game, the casino staff visibly dreaded the experience of playing with her. They changed dealers every round and the deck of cards after every hand, but nothing kept Applejack from making a fortune.

A second one that is.

Where other ponies would have been ecstatic at their luck, Applejack had only felt disgust which got worse and worse over time. Those plain looking chips were worth more than a year of hard work on her farm and she merely had to sit here and push cards around.

It really had put a damper on her feeling of accomplishment in society and she’d eventually quit in annoyance after another hour of making even more money. The casino staff happily guided her to the slot machines with the promise of free drinks while she played. A service she’d abused brazenly as the empty glasses and mugs piled on under her, littered with the pile of coins.

“Spin the wheel, spin the wheel, make me rich, make me rich… oh what’s the point?!”

Applejack jumped from her stool and carefully treaded towards the exit over the carpet of coins.

“Are you leaving Miss Apple?” a casino employee said hopefully, causing several dealers from the surrounding tables to turn their heads, anxiety written on their faces, “let me call a cab to drive you to your hotel!”

“No need, I’ll walk there. I need to clear my head.”

He opened the door and bowed. “As you wish… please come again.”

“Yeah sure,” Applejack said, not bothering to call the stallion out on his obvious lie as she stepped out on the streets of Las Pegasus.

Which hadn’t been quite what she’d expected.

The stories Applejack had heard about Las Pegasus from other ponies ranged from fantastical to downright ludicrous. Tales of lavish bachelor parties, star-filled shows, and excitement on every corner. She’d had imaginings of how this city was supposed to be, and pretty much all of them had been shattered immediately after her arrival.

First of all, the city wasn’t really nice to look at under close scrutiny. Sure there were the high-rise buildings and novelty establishments that looked like pyramids, palaces, and other places from around the world, but once you got over the facade they were like any other place.

A hayburger in a spinning tower didn’t taste any different than a hayburger from Ponyville Diner, let alone the fact it cost thrice as much as in Ponyville.

The filth was almost impossible to ignore, as were the shadowy figures mingling around in the badly lit back alleys and side streets with vendors selling questionable items or even themselves for god knows what. They just sat there waiting to be picked up and brought into the nearest dark corner, to come back shortly after with their happily smiling customers.

Applejack forced herself to walk faster as she passed a dirty looking mare who literally sat in a box with a cardboard sign that had prices on them, which didn’t surpass the one digit bit range.

As she reached her destination, Applejack’s view of Las Pegasus had significantly changed to “Hell on Equis”.

She wordlessly passed the doorpony of her hotel and stopped at the doorstep with a frown. The “Royal Plaza” was the most expensive hotel in the city and it showed. Twilight had talked about the possibility of portals to completely different worlds before, but if you asked Applejack right now, a simple door could do the trick as well.

It felt surreal that one step was all it took to increase your life’s quality this much.

The unnecessary high ceilings in the gigantic foyer with a spotless marble floor reminded Applejack so much of how the throne room in Canterlot Castle was built. But as a opposed to the current symbol of power in Equestria, this place had no business of having these dimensions in her eyes.

A hotel had the simple task of providing ponies with room to sleep and rest. All this wasted space could have been easily used to house several dozens of ponies more. The rooms themselves were also hugely out of proportion for the numbers of guests they were booked for.

Tubs like swimming pools, single room beds that were big enough for ten ponies, expensive decorations and paintings on every free space, fridges bursting with delicacies she couldn’t even pronounce from places she didn’t know that they existed, the list went on and on.

All pomp for the sake of being pompous, and nothing more.

She held no grudges for the ponies using it, they paid for the conveniences accordingly after all. The excessive luxury just seemed so unnecessary. There was so much from everything, but apparently too much is not enough to sate whatever those ponies craved for.

Ponies with who Applejack shared a common trait now, by having more money than she ever would be able to spend.

These thoughts preoccupied Applejack’s mind as her hooves made loud noises on her way to the lonely reception desk. The sharp dressed unicorn mare behind the reception sat a bit straighter and smiled a lot wider as Applejack crossed the hall.

A smile that looked more fake than a wax apple in a fruit basket.

“Miss Apple, so good to see you again.”

“That’s not what you said to me before you knew I was rich, Miss Booker,” Applejack said with a healthy dose of venom in her voice, “I clearly remember the exact wording you used: I don’t know how you got past the doorpony, but we don’t accommodate your kind of pony here. Try the motels on the other end of town.”

Unfazed by Applejack’s harsh words, she continued with her overly friendly facade. “An unfortunate incident that won’t happen again I assure you, Miss Apple. If there’s something, anything we can do to make your stay at our hotel as enjoyable as possible, please don’t hesitate to ask.”

“Don’t mind if I do,” Applejack thought with an evil glimmer in her eyes.

“I want imported grapes without seeds from Alpacapulco and freshly pressed date juice on glacial ice. Those grapes should be fed to me by a handsome and well-toned stallion, while three equally handsome stallions give me a full-body massage.”

Miss Booker didn’t bat an eyelash. “Is that all?”

“Uhm… as background music,” Applejack said slowly, stalling for time to come up with something, “I want the Canterlot philharmonic orchestra flown in per airship to play a classical rendition of my favourite country songs.”

“First or second group?”

“Both, I guess…”

The unperturbed mare behind the counter made two small checkmarks on her list, while Applejack tried to get a glimpse from her position if there was really an item like that on there.

She’d beat that stupid piece of paper!

“I want a statue of myself!”

“Made of ice or stone?”

“A private carriage at all times!”

“How many cart ponies?”

“A parade in my honor!”

“From where to where?”

“Gem encrusted… toilet paper!”

“I wouldn’t recommend that, but we have ruby or sapphire versions readily available and others made freshly upon request.”

“Two hundred stallions dressed up as male counterparts of Princess Celestia and Princess Luna, dancing around the hotel while singing the gryphonian national anthem backwards and speed up fourfold!”

“Fine. That will take at least two hours though.”

Applejack sank down on the floor in fetal position, forcing Miss Booker to peek over the desk.

“Anything else, Miss Apple?”

“Punch yourself in the face as hard as you can!”

The stoic expression wavered for a bit and the scribbling stopped. “I got you now,” Applejack thought triumphantly, watching her duck behind the desk to undoubtedly flee from her unreasonable request, “let me see you try getting out of this one!”

Her short feeling of victory vanished as Miss Booker reappeared. During her time under there, she’d put on two horseshoes on her forelegs and smashed them together a few times with a metallic clang for good measure.

“With the left or right hoof, Miss Apple?”

“Are you messing with me?” Applejack asked, looking in turns on Miss Booker’s new intimidating hoofwear and her fully reinstated stoic expression.

“I’m afraid I don’t understand. Is something not to your liking?”

Applejack realized grudgingly that she couldn’t win here. “You know what, forget about the whole thing! Just sent somepony to bring me a pitcher of cold apple juice on my suite in half an hour.”

“Pressed out of apples imported from where exactly?”

Her orange hoof fell down on the list with a sounding bang before the floating pen could start to scribble on it again. The immense force produced several cracks in the solid oak desk. “I don’t care! Just apples! Any apples! Surprise me!”

Miss Booker eyed the shaking hoof. “You seem stressed. May I suggest to keep at least the massage in your schedule?”

“Can… can I choose how the masseurs look like?”

“Of course, Miss Apple.”



Half an hour later...



“Your hindlegs are so tense. Dandy, stop on her neck for a moment and work your way down over the spine to meet me at the hips.”

“What should I do, Hot Stuff?”

“Keep working her temples, Hunk. I’ve never seen a mare with so much pent up stress in her muscles!”

“I brought the drinks and grapes, Miss Apple. How much ice should I put into your date juice?”

“Forget the juice, Honey Stud. Just pour me a glass of whiskey from the minibar.”

“Of course, Miss Apple.”

A drink in hoof, lying on a massage table with four good-looking stallions scrambling around to fulfill her every wish, Applejack believed firmly that she couldn’t get closer to heaven without actually dying.

Whenever she could, Applejack cast a glance at certain parts of the four stallions bustling around her. Miss Booker had held true to her word and had provided Applejack with the finest specimens of stallionhood she’d ever seen.

In some areas they even put her brother to shame.

Lucid dreams of having a whole bunch of them running around the orchard filled Applejack’s mind. Taking heart, she decided to put at least a fraction of that dream into action with asking one of them out.

After some consideration she settled for Honey Stud, because he’d been the nicest and most polite of them.

His dreamy butt didn’t hurt either.

Applejack did her best to invoke that inner Rarity of hers, putting a hoof on his leg and trying to imitate the demeanor from the fashionista to a tee. “Maybe we can get to know each other a little bit better later, darling? How about it?”

All four of them looked up from their work in surprise, but the most surprised was Applejack herself. She had sounded almost unrecognizable, even to her own ears. It was scary how easy that ‘darling’ had rolled of the tongue.

Hot Stuff was the first to recover. “Uh, Hunk and Dandy do these kinds of services. What’s your payment rate again, Hunk?”

The addressed stallion recited from memory, continuing to massage her temples. “Sixty bits for the standard ten minutes, ninety for the complete pleasure package, and two-hundred for the ‘knee-buckler’.”

“...What?”

“The price doubles or triples if you want a second or third stallion involved, except for the ‘knee-buckler’. We’re willing to give a bulk discount for that.“

“Again, what?!” Applejack said, now wide awake and slightly perturbed as he went on.

“I assure you the price is more than reasonable for what we offer. Shouldn’t you be pleased with our service, a second round can—”

“I’m not paying you for sex, you numbskulls!” She flailed wildly with all four hooves to get them off her. “I wanted to have a nice date with one of you!”

“Oh… “ the four stallions said in unison before Dandy spoke up, “we do that too. Let me get the list to check what the prices are for that. It’s so rare that somepony asks for this.”

Applejack felt as if something slimy was crawling inside her chest. “I think you should go, I’m very exhausted all of a sudden.”

To her dismay, they found something wrong with her request.

“We can’t just leave early! Our equipment is still here and the hotel management will think we didn’t satisfy our customer!”

“I’ll pay four-times the price for your services and everything you brought if you go right now,” Applejack said, grinding her teeth together in frustration.

“Thank you, Miss Apple!”

“Just get out…”

They bowed and hurried to leave as quickly as possible.

Not one of them looked back.

Or paid attention to where they were going. “Look out, you muscleheads! I almost spilled the drink for room thirty-nine! Yeah, ignore me and walk just by you plotholes, don’t bother apologizing!”

She’d heard this voice before.

“The nerve of some…” the voice said as his owner walked through the open door and into sight.

“Flim!?”

Their gazes met across the room as the door fell into frame behind him. In front of her stood indeed one of the lanky unicorn twins she knew from last cider season. Flim read the small sheet of paper in his hoof and froze with his eyes wide in shock.

“You’re Miss Apple? You’re the last pony I would have expected here!”

Applejack, equally shocked, answered with a quip. ”How much more Apples do you know?”

“Quite a lot actually. Your family spreads like weed across all of Equestria. A common joke amongst us salesponies is the notion that you can’t spit without hitting someone related to an Apple.”

Pretty miffed about him talking like that of her family, Applejack’s gaze went on his clothes in search for a retort. “Nice getup. Does your brother wear a matching set?”

Flim took a disdainful glance at his flashy redcap uniform, a bright red travesty with shiny gold buttons and matching hat with a flat top.

“Flam works in the kitchen. They won’t let us work together out of fear we’d scheme something.”

“And you wouldn’t?”

“Point taken. Here’s the apple juice you ordered,” Flim said, putting the pitcher on a table, “how can you even afford a drink here, let alone a room? No offense, but your farm didn’t scream ‘moneybags’ at me when we were there the last time.”

“Well, I’m rich now.”

“Define rich.”

“I’m gold member at this hotel, sugarcube.”

Flim raised an eyebrow. “There aren’t any gold memberships.”

“They made one for me.”

The meaning of her words settled in, as Flam seemed lost in thought, mumbling numbers that sounded like rough estimates of her current worth. “Good for you,” he said curtly, “and I see you already learned to enjoy your newfound wealth. I’m sorry if I’ve interrupted your little get together.”

Applejack followed his gaze and noticed with a blush that he was staring at the massage table.

“For the next time I advise to limit it to three stallions though. Everything beyond that, and it gets super messy unless you're ‘experienced’ enough to handle it if you catch my drift.”

“THEY WERE NOT HERE FOR A BOOTY CALL!”

“Then you chose those stallions because of their flawless personalities?” Flim turned to Applejack to gauge her reaction and visibly recoiled from the face she was making. Contorted beyond recognition with eyes darting around like crazy, he had to get closer to take a better look at her expression. “Is… is that your pokerface? Holy shit, that needs work! You look like you're constipated!”

Blame the alcohol, the stress, or simply her sudden closeness to him, but Applejack couldn’t take it anymore and unleashed the sum of her pent up frustration in another mighty roar.

“I LIKE STALLIONS RIPPED AND HUNKY, OK?! IS THAT SO WRONG?”

With his Ears ringing and spit in his eyes, Flim stood solid like a rock and braced himself for the next verbal salvo. “Day after day, I have to work, eat and sleep with my brother, a stallion with a physique like it was chiseled from stone, with no competition to divert my attention!

“My friend Rarity may go for the sophisticated prince type, but I want someone who is rough and strong. Sadly, every stallion in Ponyville is either woefully out of shape, dressing like a fruitcup, already taken, or too clumsy to bang in a nail straight!”

Flim used a small pause in her rant to intervene. “What about that giant pegasus fella with the battlecry?”

“Bulk Biceps?” Applejack said, staring in the distance with a dopey smile, but then shook her head violently, “Have you ever talked to the guy? He’s more timid than Fluttershy and girly stallions in general make me incredibly uncomfortable.”

She missed the sour expression on Flim’s face as she rambled on. “I hate this city,” Applejack said bitterly, “it’s filled to the brim with greedy and egoistic plotholes who don’t give a damn about anything but themselves!”

“You say that as if it’s bad thing.”

“It is, your moron! I don’t want to become a selfish pony like that!”

“Then don’t, what’s the problem here?” Flim sat down, scratching his head in confusion. “Listen, try to see it this way,“ he said reassuringly, “these young gentlecolts offered something and you paid for it. No ambiguity, no loopholes, just the enjoyment and no need for feeling guilty about it afterwards. They already got what they wanted from you in return.”

He took out a coin from his jacket and flipped it a few times in the air. It landed right on her nose with the last toss, staying balanced on the tip. She let it slip from her face and caught it with the left hoof, examining the shiny currency for a bit before tossing it back to him.

“I would’ve thought especially a mare like you would appreciate the simple honesty in that.”

A sad smile flashed over her face. “Maybe… but even though it was only a misunderstanding, at least one of them could have humored the idea of a little roll in the hay without me having to bust out my wallet.”

“I’m not that ugly, am I?” Applejack asked, her voice wavering a bit.

Flim snorted, and then openly laughed at her offended expression. “That was not the point they were trying to make. I dare you to ask them again in their free time and see how willing they become all of a sudden. Right now they’re on the clock and It’s what they do for a living. You wouldn’t just give out your apples for free, would you?”

“I’ve done that in the past for ponies…”

“And that’s the reason you weren’t rich up until now.”

Her dry chuckle filled the room, but he could see that something was still bothering her. “You’re not hurting anypony with your so called ‘selfishness’, so cheer up and have a little bit of fun,” Flim said standing up and peeking through a small opening in the curtain of the nearest window. “It’s all about perspective in life. I agree that from down there, the streets of Las Pegasus may look pretty shabby.”

The curtain got drawn completely aside to grant her a good view of the Las Pegasus skyline. The sea of mismatched buildings reflected the midday sun with their turned-off neon signs and colored light bulbs, making the whole city sparkle in the sunlight.

It was breathtaking to say at least.

“But if you look at it from the right angle and moment, this dump shines brighter than any other place in the nation, day and night. I love every nook and cranny of this city to bits with it’s endless possibilities to be successful or eaten alive, but never ever boring or stale.”

Applejack huffed loudly and grabbed her glass to gulp it down. Halfway to the mouth she stopped and looked at her reflection in the liquid surface. That look switched rapidly between that reflection and the stallion who was still staring absentmindedly out of the window.

“You didn’t answer me earlier. Flim, am I ugly?”

She could see him flinch as the smile melted from his face. “Would you look at the time!” Flim said quickly, inching away from her and closer to the door, “I would love to stay longer, but I’ve got work to do and places to be.”

His fleeing attempt was obvious from a mile away and Applejack jumped for the door herself. Being the strong pony that she was, she easily reached the door ahead of him. But being as drunk as she was, she miscalculated quite badly how much strength was needed to make the distance and smashed face first into it.

With his escape route blocked, Applejack had plenty of time to get up from the floor and to stare him down while rubbing her aching nose.

“Yu stey hir until yu ansurr meh, Flehm!”

“You’re not my boss, you can’t make me!”

“Oh, yeah?” Applejack said challengingly and walked backwards for the door to keep an eye on Flim. After opening it by giving the door a good buck, she turned her head a bit and yelled down the hall.

“Roomservice!”

“Yes, madam?” A calm voice answered right behind her.

Flim rubbed his eyes to make sure he wasn’t hallucinating. A red unicorn mare with a blond mane had appeared in the middle of the room, wearing a similar uniform as him.

“Buck me, that was fast!” Applejack said baffled, “did you come out of the floor?

“I was always here, Miss Apple.”

“Beg your pardon?”

The mare coughed politely and stood straight to introduce herself. “Serenity at your service. As a special courtesy, all of our important guests have a personal servant with an invisibility spell at their disposal.”

“You were following me the whole time? Even to the bathroom?!”

“Especially the bathroom. I hope the scented toilet paper was to your liking, despite it not being gem encrusted as demanded.”

“The apple smell was a nice touch,” Applejack said, looking at the bathroom door, “but to the get to the point, does this stallion and his brother work here?”

Flim raised a foreleg. “Excuse me. Do we collectively ignore how creepy that was?”

“Yes, they do unfortunately,” the portier mare said in a monotone voice, not engaging in his comment and causing him to shrug, “Mr. Flim and his brother have very high debts to pay back.”

“Then tell Mrs. Booker down at the lobby to put it on my bill.”

Flim’s eyes bulged out from surprise.

“As you wish.” Serenity vanished and reappeared a few moments later. “Done. Flim, you and your brother get lost tomorrow morning.”

And just like that, she was gone again. While Applejack did some wide swipes in the air around the room with her hooves, Flim sat down on his haunches and stared in shock at the empty spot.

“I don’t know what to say…”

“How about the truth about my appearance?” Flim eyed Applejack as if she was crazy. “Your flanks belong to me now, so as your new boss I order you to tell me if I’m attractive or not.”

He sighed and smiled weakly. “Ok, boss. The real truth, or the version with honeyed words?”

“Just answer the question, already!”

Flim took a deep breath with closed eyes and remained like that for several seconds. Applejack was about to call him out again when he opened his eyes, now wearing a completely changed expression.

“Get on your hooves.”

“What?”

The sudden change in his behavior was disturbing. Flim’s eyes had no warmth anymore, a cold and calculating gaze that seemed to bore into the back of Applejack’s skull.

“You wanted an honest opinion, so get up and let me look at you to form one,” Flim said, waiting patiently as she wobbled on her hooves. “Stay straight, your posture is horrible!”

His voice had an enormously sharp edge to it.

The minutes went by with Applejack standing completely still, and Flim circling around her like a wolf mustering his prey from all angles. He even went so far as to lay on his back to crawl under her. The only reason she didn’t buck him in the face, was the completely neutral expression while he did so.

The clock said it had been ten minutes as he stopped, but for Applejack it’d felt like an eternity. Even more worse were the seconds between him finishing and finally opening his mouth to speak.

“Your hips are too wide, your coat isn’t well maintained and your mane is a mess, your hooves are in dire need of a hooficure, and the smell of dirt and grass is ingrained in your skin to the point that no amount of soap or cologne would ever cover it up completely.

“You move sluggish and graceless like a cow, with the matching posture and table manners as I can tell so far. Also, even if it isn’t a direct appearance factor, your accent and lack of eloquence is really aggravating at times.”

Flim paused to gather his thoughts. The silence was maddening for Applejack, who was trying to recover from the salvo of truths that had cut her like swords. She’d wanted honesty, but to have her shortcomings so clearly spelled out had really hurt deep down.

“Now, to the good parts,” Flim said, causing Applejack to lift her head with perked up ears, “although those hips are a bit too wide, they flawlessly blend into a perky and voluptuous butt that has the right amount of jiggle to it.”

His hoof poked her cutie mark firmly as if he actually tried to test the crispness of the depicted apples.

“Your well-toned at the right places. Don’t let them tell you that skinny is the end-all, be-all of things. Every stallion with half a brain would come to the natural conclusion that a bit more muscle and fat means more endurance and spots to grab on during the fun parts of a relationship.”

Applejack did some small hops and stared intently at her own flank, as Flim walked to a dresser and picked up a small mirror. “And though not well maintained, your coat and mane have great colors that mash well. You wouldn’t believe how many mares are born with color combinations that make your eyes hurt.”

He walked back to her, balancing the mirror on his nose. “Grace can be learned with some training as well as eloquence for that matter. Luckily, your voice itself is very strong and melodic which means your singing should be too. That’s another plus in my book.”

“There’s not much equipment here to work with, but let me try something,” Flim said, undoing her hairband and letting her mane fall around her face. She flinched from his touch as he cupped her cheeks and examined her face intently. “I would usually say that freckles are not very sexy, but in combination with the remaining facial attributes and the overall theme of your persona it works to your advantage.”

From the blank look he received in return, Flam got a bit more forthcoming and held the small mirror in front of her nose.

“You’ve got a beautiful face, Applejack.”

The mare with the long flowing mane looking back at her felt almost like a stranger. She’d never put the time or effort in to think about how others might view her as a mare, but now Applejack caught herself consciously searching for the things Flim had said earlier and continued to do so as he did the closing words of his little review.

“So in summary, your body is naturally sexy and just needs some care at the right places, but not too much to maintain that raw charm of yours. If I had to put a label on the whole thing, it would be something like ‘country beauty with a secret wild side’.” Flim put the mirror away, but Applejack continued to stare into the distance as if it was still in front of her face. “Stallions love that kind of mare; a gal they can take with them to visit their parents, but still rocks their world in the guest room bed.”

Applejack sat down in the nearest chair. Her hoof went straight for the bottle to take huge gulps, ignoring the half-empty glass that wouldn’t cut it anymore. Meanwhile, Flim sat down too, sporting now his usual expression again.

“That’s my two bits about you. Satisfied?”

“Yes, very. I just need a moment to let it all sink in.”

And she did.

“Perky and voluptuous butt, beautiful face, naturally sexy, raw charm, country beauty…” Applejack thought, reciting those compliments she’d never heard associated with herself and felt a cozy warmth spreading in her chest.

Until that warmth turned cold in her stomach, and her face went suddenly from glowing red to sickly green. Flim watched as she started to gag and retch and glanced down at the multiple empty bottles on the floor, connecting the dots instantly. He quickly heaved her out of the chair and over his back, trotting to the bathroom without any resistance.

The second he put her down on the cold tiles, Applejack dived for the toilet bowl to unload the first of many torrents under strangled wheezing. Each made him wince in sympathy as he held her mane. “Aim for the walls, the roundness funnels it down and the vomit isn’t splashing back at your face.”

A small nod from her between two particular fierce throw ups, signaled that she had understood him.

“Try to flush ever so often,” Flim said, making circling motions on her back, “It keeps the smell away which otherwise may cause you to get sick again.”

“Can’t… reach.”

“I’ll do it.” Flim pushed the handle with his magic and watched the accumulated result of a whole morning of drinking flushing down the drain. Applejack didn’t look anywhere, with her eyes closed and left cheek resting on the toilet seat.

Something soft and apple-scented wiped her lips clean, followed by the sound of a trash can loudly opening and closing. “It seems the worst is over. I’m gonna carry you back to bed now and I want you to focus on a fixed point on the wall, it’ll keep you from getting dizzy.”

“Why… no magic?”

“Have you ever been carried by magic while you're sick to your stomach?” Flim asked in an amused tone, draping Applejack over his back like a fur coat with her hooves dangling over his sides. “That makes it ten times worse!”

“I’ll try to remember…”

Flim walked slowly to the giant bed, trying to move her as stably and smoothly as possible. Arriving at the bedside, he gently slid Applejack off his back and held one of her forelegs to soften the fall. “Easy now. It’s important that you keep resting on your side and don’t roll on your back to stare at the ceiling, if you don’t want to get sick and choke on your own vomit.”

She grunted weakly as a response, curling up, but still kept a tight grip on his hoof.

“Once you're done with your little nap, we’ll show you how to have real fun in this town, Miss Apple.”

“Sounds good…”

“My offer or the Missus part?”

“Both…” Applejack said drowsily, before her eyes closed completely and her breathing grew calmer. Soon, the death grip on his hoof loosened, allowing him to let go and take a look at the strong imprint that it had left. Strangely enough, as soon as he did that, she began to stir and grabbed around blindly.

Flim raised one eyebrow at the display and put his foreleg back on the mattress, only to be held again seconds later. Her hold on him wasn’t as firm as earlier, but strong enough for Flim to give up on getting free anytime soon. Resigning to his lot, he pulled over a chair and sat down beside Applejack.

“One thousand bottles of beer on the wall, one thousand bottles of beer,” Flim sang quietly to himself, before a disembodied female voice took over.

“...Take one down, pass it around, nine hundred ninety-nine bottles of beer on the wall…”

“You got a nice voice, Serenity!”

“Thank you.”

“But that’s still creepy.”

“I know…”

They were halfway into the five-hundreds when Flim heard a commotion from the floor. He wasn’t worried about Applejack waking up from the noise though. His own experience and the rough estimate of liquor she must have consumed told him, that nothing short of a jackhammer to the forehead would manage to rouse her now.

Flim saw his brother appear in the open door, still wearing his kitchen apron and chef’s hat. Flam frantically looked around the room and made eye contact with signs of relief on his face. “Flim? Flim! There you are, brother!” Flam said, shortening the distance with large steps. “What the hell happened? Why did that snooty hag tell me we no longer—”

Flam stopped as he got a good look at the curled up Applejack in the bed.

His eyes went along her slumbering form, to her outstretched hoof, to his brother’s hoof holding her’s, and lastly on Flim himself.

“Oh, no… oh hell no!”

“Ready to meet our new boss?”

“Go buck yourself, Flim!”

“Love you too brother.”

Author's Note:

I had fun writing this one.

Still a bit unsure about the generic name for the chapter though, so I'm open for suggestions. >_>

I promise the second part won't take another seven weeks to finish :P

Edited by McStuffins
Proofread by Asop