• Published 2nd Jan 2014
  • 738 Views, 20 Comments

Angel vs. Villain(ous) - Angrywritingskills



King Jasper has eluded his judgement and it's up to Jim to bring him back to his roots. Problem is Jasper doesn't want to leave Equestria behind and Jim isn't the best angel for the job.

  • ...
10
 20
 738

Chapter 3: The Jig is up

It was easy to find the purple unicorn princess. Just some magic and a good hunch and Jasper was able to find her napping in her library. After a brief scuttle he ended up tying her down in a chair. Then the interrogation had begun.

Jasper took another book off the shelf. “Now for the last time Twilight!” Jasper pointed to the princess tied up in the chair across from him. “Tell me where you got him from and how to get him back!”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Twilight pleaded. “Just put my book down and we can talk about this like”. Before she could finish Jasper tore the book in half, bindings and all.

“No! That was a collector’s edition!”

“Then tell me who that is or another one get’s it.” Jasper threatened taking another book off the shelf.

“How about you tell me what’s going on before you act so reckless?” Twilight said. “You need to tell me what’s going on before you just start asking questions.” Twilight winced as Jasper tore apart another one of her books.

“Oh I think you know exactly what’s going on.” Jasper gleamed. “And if you won’t tell me then I’ll do what I did to Sunset.” He stood up and hovered his gauntlet over Twilight’s head. He closed his eyes and prepared for the procedure. But at the last second his focus was interrupted by a loud noise that sounded like an explosion. It sounded far away but was still worrying. Jasper gave a growl and moved his hand away from over the unicorn’s head.

“Lucky you.” Jasper sneered walking away. “I guess I have more important things to take care of. Good luck trying to get out of that chair.” Jasper flung open the library door. “Oh and next time when you’re trying to hide from me. Don’t hide in your own home.” With that he slammed the door shut behind him and ran off in the direction of the sound.

“Spike!” Twilight yelled. Then she realized something. “Oh right I’m all alone here.” She swung her body and the chair fell over onto the cold hard floor. “Alright ow.”

Explosions and other oddities happened throughout the night. These oddities varied from floating fish flying through the air to the raining of pimp canes. Jasper attended each of these happenings and although speech less, it was merely due to his rising anger. It was obvious to him that these happenings were his little rebellion problem trying to faze him. But it was really a pathetic attempt. Jasper eventually shrugged these off after there were no more explosions and decided to go back to bed. He would torture some ponies in the morning to get his answers.

However, unknown to Jasper, these oddities were the product of Jim’s slumber. As a newer angel, Jim didn’t really have complete control of his powers because he hadn’t really trained with them all that much. This was mainly relevant while he sleeps which in Heaven didn’t bother the immortals but in the mortal world was very nerve racking. Sure the mastery of his powers might seem like an attractive option to mortals such as Jasper. But where Jim comes from everybody has powers like he does, so it’s really nothing that special.

Still Jim was blissfully ignorant of his effect on the mortal world. He had a basic grip on his powers but they were only ever useful to him when he was in a bind. He was once mortal so he was more akin to doing things through manual labor.

His power rests with him in his imagination, meaning anything he can imagine will happen. That’s how all angels even God uses their powers and since human imagination is limitless, it means his powers are near limitless but there are limitations. That’s why his dreams were having their effect, because he was imagining it and subconsciously accessing his powers. Right now his dreams were out of whack and mainly about his past life. The explosion was him simply remembering the things he did as the Antichrist and the fish were there because he likes aquariums.

Although his display of power was amazing to the mortal ponies, it really wasn’t anything a true immortal would praise. To the trained eye it could be seen that all an angel’s power is the manipulation of the world around it. Really an angel was unchallenged in power but that was only because no one to challenge them had come around and the ones with the horns that did, all burned with First Earth. It would be interesting if someone else was there to test an angel’s power. Would really give God a run for his money.

Jim awoke with a startled jump. He shot up from his bed and frantically looked around. Backing up into the wall behind him he clenched it desperately until he turned around to see what was behind him. Then he spun around a few times until he collapsed on the bed. He looked at the door in front of him and then something ticked and he laughed a bit. He had just forgotten where he was which would have been scary if it wasn’t a regular occurrence with him.

He stood up and looked at himself in a mirror that was in his room. At first he was startled again because he didn’t recognize the kid in the reflection. Then he slowly remembered it was him just younger looking. It’s been about two thousand years since he’s seen himself like this. The black jumpsuit with the A on the back just screamed to him that he was back in the old days where pony was foe and human was superior. Only this time the human was foe and he was the superior.

“I need a plan.” He mumbled turning to the wall. “I need to plan something out so I don’t just stand there and waiting. I hate playing the waiting game, that game’s gay!” His lip curled into snarl. “I need, I need, I need to do something important to make sure he doesn’t choke me again. That little bitch caught me off guard.” Jim leaned against the wall. “Thinking I’m some dirty four legged pony, please I killed their species off once and I would do it again. But he’s a human like me and I love humanity. But he’s one of those fuckers that make me so mad also. It’s just too confusing!” He slammed his head against the wall.

“Oh wait I know what I got to do.” He exclaimed jumping up. “I need to get that gauntlet off of him. Then it’s just smooth sailing until God finds a way.” But first there’s an important duty that had to be performed.

“Breakfast!” Jim exclaimed. He went to open his door but soon found it was locked. “Oh Jasper was looking out for me.” Jim smiled. “He locked the door so intruders couldn’t get in. He’s a smart cookie.” Jim bubbly over Jasper’s kindness simply twisted the door knob again and it came open. A little Angelic magic goes a long way.

Jim leisurely strolled out of his bedroom and into the hall. Almost immediately a guard noticed him which wasn’t good since this new human was to be let out of his cell. If he got out then Jasper would need to be alerted immediately. Which is exactly what the guard went to do.

Jim on the other hand had gone directly to Canterlot Castle’s kitchen. Upon entering the chef gasped at the sight of another human. It had gone around the castle that there was another human but the chef hadn’t thought the rumors were true.

“Yo.” Jim greeted. He opened up a random cupboard. “We’re making pancakes.”

Needless to say that idea of Jim’s didn’t really work. Sadly he had been consumed by the inescapable fun that is playing around with ingredients. Eventually he came out of the kitchen covered in flour without an ounce of food in his stomach. It’s a good thing Angels don’t have to eat.

“Alright see you later Pablo.” Jim called to the chef as he walked out of the kitchen. “What a nice guy.” Jim walked into the hallway wondering where to go next. He was tracking flour with him which would later be the torment of the castle staff to clean up. Then Jim suddenly was reminded of something. He looked at the flour on his hands. It reminded him of ash.

“Alright fine I’ll grow a conscience.” Jim snarled. He held up his hands and in front of him a pony poofed into existence. Sweet Heart looked around frantically not knowing where she was. One second she had been in pain and the next she was in Canterlot Castle. She turned around full circle and stared at the human in front of her. She immediately recognized him and ran away in terror.

“You’re welcome!” Jim yelled annoyed his kindness wasn’t appreciated. That’s when it hit him. “Jim you retard! You can’t just toy with life and death so easily. The Angel of Death is going to be so flustered with you!”

Way up in heaven. Death was flustered. “I’m so flustered!” He growled crossing his arms and frowning.

“Ah give it a break.” God said slapping Death on the back. “The kid’s just trying to do his job.”

“And you do realize what his job is right?” Satan asked God.

“Of course I do.” God snapped.

“So his job is to just sit there and wait for you to find a way to bring Jasper back?”

“Yeah.” God said.

“Why?” Satan inquired. “That’s kind of a useless position because there’s no reason to send him in if he has no purpose there.”

“Please there is a reason for sending him in.” God thought for a second. “It’s to prevent Jasper from using his gauntlet so he wouldn’t drain his soul.”

“Yeah but if that’s the case then why don’t you just send Jim in when that becomes a problem?” Satan said. “It seems like you just sent him in there to more of torment Jasper instead of help him reach his destiny.”

“You’re catching on Lucifer.” God said smugly. Satan glared at God and then slouched back into his chair.

“And you claim you help humanity.”

“And I’m making a baby retarded for that comment.” God said with a wave of his hand.

“Yeah take it out on the humans like you always do.” Satan shook his head. He leaned in next to Death. “How you doing man? Still flustered?”

“Yep.” Death replied still flustered.

Back in Equestria, Jim was having a mental breakdown. He just realized that in this dimension of Equestria he could do anything he wanted without repercussion from his actions. Sure God was watching but God couldn’t act on him meaning that he was free. This was bad because that meant Jim was a rogue angel. He collapsed on the floor considering his possibilities.

“No.” He said. “I can’t allow my silly mortal feelings to lead me astray. God let me into Heaven after all the things I did to his First Earth. I shouldn’t just forget his unending kindness. Besides I’m an angel and an angel is to do what the lord says. After all there is no one more powerful than my lord.” Somewhere Jim knew God was pleased with him.

Jasper marched through the halls. He had just received word that Jim had broken free. Normally he would be mad but since he had personally locked the door this was concerning. As he was walking a pony ran right past him. Well some guard is gunna get a backhand tonight. Jasper rounded the corner to find Jim standing there with his arms our and covered in flour.

“Um, Jim?” Jasper said approaching him.

Jim turned to the king. “Oh hey Jasper.”

“You do realize you’re covered in flour?” Jasper asked.

“How do you know it’s flour?” Jasper scowled and took a pinch off of Jim’s clothes and rubbed it between his fingers.

“Because it is.” Jasper held his gauntlet up and a beam of light passed over Jim, cleaning him off.

“Thanks bro.” Jim exclaimed wrapping his arms around Jasper. The king gently pushed the stranger off of him.

“Right.” Jasper said brushing himself off. “Walk with me again.” He beckoned Jim again and Jim followed. They walked down a hallway again. Jasper walked quickly while Jim seemed to be dragging his feet causing him to be a little behind Jasper. But that was his intent so he could get a look at the gauntlet. Jim figured it would be easy to pull it off and then all he would have to do is throw it out. Then most of the work is done and he would just have to wait around till God came up with a solution.

“As I imagine you probably have a lot of questions.” Jasper said. “I too have questions but I’ll let you ask yours first.” He looked at Jim who looked back.

“Who me?” Jim pointed to himself. “No I pretty much know everything I need to know.”

“Really.” Jasper nodded. “Then how about I ask you something? First how did you get here?”

“Oh you know the usual way.” Jim answered. “Just stepped through a portal.”

“A portal?” Jasper touched his chin. “You sure you didn’t just appear here in a flash of light?”

“Nope a portal. Just stuck my foot through and ended up here.” Jim said.

“Interesting.” Jasper turned away and continued walking. “I won’t ask any more questions except for this, what does the A on your back symbolize?”

“Huh?” Jim spun around in a circle as if to try and see what Jasper was talking about.

“I mean this.” Jasper grabbed Jim to stop his spinning and with his gauntlet his carved the A on the wall with a blast of red energy. “I know it’s the symbol for anarchy. But what does it have in relation to you?” Jim stared at the smoldering A on the wall.

“Oh that. That stands for Andy.” Jim smiled.

“Andy?”

“Yeah Andy.”

“And who’s that?” Jasper crossed his arms.

“Oh he’s not really a person.” Jim thought for a second. “More of a term.” Jasper rolled his eyes. This guy was clearly delusional. If this is what the rebels send to deal with their king, then their king is insulted.

“You are human right?” Jasper asked. This caught Jim off guard. He didn’t want to lie because that’s a sin but he couldn’t reveal his identity. It’s just too risky considering what Jasper might do if he found out there was another human with magical powers.

“Um technically.” Jim squeaked.

“Alright.” Jasper nodded. “Follow me.” He lead Jim to his throne room yet again. “Now.” Jasper took a seat on his throne. “Seeing that I have no way of returning you home or no way of getting to know how to return you home. I think I’ll let you stay in my kingdom, but you must abide by my laws.”

“Oh I thought this would be a fun adventure where we would both learn something about the way of life and grow fat and old together. In a totally not gay way.” Jasper looked at Jim with contempt.

“I don’t know what type of anarchistic reality you lived in.” Jasper sneered. “But here you will live under my rule.” He glared down at Jim with a heated stare. “Is that understood?”

Jim had a goofy expression on his face. “Well sure but just a warning. I don’t plan on staying for long and you shouldn’t either.” Jasper had a gruesome look on his face.

“I don’t know if that was a threat but keep it up and I’ll make sure you never see the sun again.”

“Well I don’t know if that was a threat to lock me in a dungeon because maybe you were just threatening to cause never ending showers.” Jim responded. “But don’t worry I won’t cause any harm to your kingdom or yourself.” Jasper smiled, happy that he was gaining a new subject and more importantly a human subject. Maybe now there would be someone to share in his philosophies.

“Then please.” Jasper spread his arms. “Bow for me.” Jim let out a chuckle.

“Really?”

“Yes really.” Jasper frowned. “All my subjects must bow to me to show their obedience to me.”

“Whatever you say.”Jim got on his knees. “But if you are truly a king then you have the divine will of God right?”

“What are you talking about?” Jasper glared.

“Haven’t you studied history?” Jim got back up to his feet never completing his bow. “A king gains his right to rule from God. If you don’t have that right then you are no king.” Jasper sighed. A religious nut, great.

“I am king. I earned my place here not from a man above but from my own hard work.”

“Oh then you are an emperor.” Jim said enthusiastically. “I think emperor is a better title for you.”

“Fine whatever just bow.” Jasper said angrily.

“Well there is just one problem with that.” Jim laughed. “I’m an American, you an American, I’m an American. And Americans don’t bow to kings or emperors. My boy George would agree with me.” Jasper at first curled his upper lip in rage but slowly he began to smile maliciously.

“Well.” He said. “If you will not submit to my simple demands then you can wait in the dungeons.” In seconds Jasper’s pony guards surrounded Jim with their spears pointing towards his neck. “Guards take him to the dungeon. When he wants to bow you may bring him to me.”

“Fine whatever!” Jim yelled. “I think I may like the dungeons!” He began to walk away with the guards until something clicked in his mind.

“No wait!” He screamed. “I hate the dungeons.” He threw himself on the floor in an attempt to escape the guards. “It’s cold and damp and they’re spiders! I hate spiders!” Jim tried to crawl away but the guards grabbed his arms.

Jasper took in the scene with delight. Jim annoys him plan as that. With his stupid remarks and his secretive answers Jasper could easily tell that Jim was hiding something. But what Jim didn’t know was that this was all part of a test. A question, what is the easiest way to tell if someone is hiding something? The answer, put them under pressure until they reveal their secrets. And that was what was going to happen.

Jim struggled in the hooves of the guards. There were four of them and one of him so he was outmatched. But he had one thing the guards didn’t have and that was God’s blessing and Angelic magic. But what about the moral implications of using it? Angels were told to only use it when attacked first. Well lucky for Jim this situation matched just that.

In a brilliant flash of white light, the four guards were thrown in opposite directions and hit the wall. Jim staggered to his feet weary he was being observed. He heard clapping coming from Jasper.

“I knew it!” Jasper said with the last clap. “I knew that you were hiding something, I knew that they wouldn’t send a complete dunce to oppose me.” Jasper rose from his throne and floated down in front of Jim and drew his sword.

“Now face me. Face me and show me what you can do.” With that Jasper swung his sword at Jim’s throat.

Comments ( 18 )

So I know this will make me sound like a doushe but. FIRST!
Anyways hope you enjoy this.

Also I would like to apologize for posting in the wrong folder and then posting the wrong story. That's my fault for annoying your feed with a sudden influx of stories. Again I'm really sorry.

3723139 :rainbowlaugh: I love your comments.

3722355 Dude, you're taking someone else's idea and trying to use it for yourself, I would like to think that you at least talked to Crypticmetaphor before doing this. And to quote Rainbow Dash 55 :ajbemused::ajbemused::ajbemused:

3726963
You realize cryptic metaphor has a whole group dedicated to writing fanfics of his own work right? Check out the Villainous fan group and I did mention to him I was working on a story. And if people think that's what I'm doing then I apologize for not making things clearer.

So seeing that this story pretty much flopped and received a negative response from all of you. I decided to discontinue it. I thought I would be nice and do this fanfic of a fanfic thing but that has failed. I'm not too angry I'm just wondering why nobody posted any feedback. If I could have one last request, could someone please tell me what makes this fic so terrible? I'm just asking for some closure here.

Yeah the stories pretty good actually and I'd have liked to see how it turned out, I just wish you had said you were kidding about Big G being a turdburglar and that you were kidding, you know , because some people are like that .

I quite liked the story

3778398
Well thanks for the feedback if I would have gotten some earlier then maybe I would have continued this. But it does disturb me that people were inclined to leave dislikes for such a trivial matter whether it was they hated Christianity or the idea of God as a character I don't know. I think it was obvious that it was purely for comedic effect but I guess you learn something everyday.

As to leaving dislikes, there seems to be less than likes + if you really wanna write a story, screw them its your blog. What does a dislike do to you in real life

3782472
You're right they do nothing but I honestly think that people really are against this story since the likes and dislikes were tied for a while. I mean the first comments from another person were just emoticons and then someone's accusations. Oh well maybe I'll restart this after some time has gone by just to complete the idea. Thank you for jolting my confidence by having the courtesy to just reply.

3782549 s'wat I do. Security run up and CRUSH EM

Comment posted by Popzix deleted Feb 1st, 2014

This a funny story that is weird. I like what you wrote but it doesn't make me want to love or hate this.

3893808
That is exactly the kind of feedback I would have wanted and if I would have continued then I bet I might have been able to pool more interest through the story I wanted to tell.

Any chance that you'll take this up again?

5425478
Sorry but no. To tell the truth it was kind of made in a selfish effort to feed off the popularity of another story. But it flopped and I felt like I pissed some people off so I just quit while I was ahead.

Login or register to comment