• Published 10th Dec 2013
  • 19,447 Views, 1,855 Comments

My Family and Other Equestrians - Blade Star



A HiE fic with a twist. Our protagonist is not alone. How does one approach being in Equestria, when their family is along for the ride?

  • ...
98
 1,855
 19,447

Chapters Next
Chapter 1 - Arrival

I don’t really remember much about any of it. I don’t remember where I was, what I was doing, I’m not even sure if I was awake at the time. Did it hurt? Was it a fun ride? Did I scream like a girl? I guess I’ll never know, not that it really matters. What I do remember though, is waking up with a pounding head, vision quality on par with 1950’s TV, and all the balance and grace of a man who’s had one too many pints of Guinness.

I lay where I was for a good couple of minutes. I felt tired, and my limbs were heavy; getting up and about didn’t exactly seem like a fun proposition. Even my eyelids felt heavy, and keeping them open took a conscious effort.

But as the minutes ticked by, this fatigue slowly left me, and I began to come to my senses. I was still out of it though, as I looked around and tried to determine where the heck I was. That was when I first began to worry. I wasn’t it my own bed. I’m not the kind of guy who wakes up in a stranger’s garden after a night of partying; I’ve never really been drunk, so waking up in a small forest clearing set off a few alarm bells. How would I get home? Did I have any money? What was Mum going to say when I got back?

More to the point, where was I? There was nothing around me that I recognised, at least, not at first. All around were just dark foreboding trees as far as the eye could see. There wasn’t even that much light, since the intertwined leaves created a canopy that let only a few slivers of light in.

Eventually, after much deliberation, and mental panicking, I decided that my best bet was to try and find out just where in God’s name I was. This forest had to end somewhere. There might be a path, some sign, or anything that pointed which direction civilisation was. I did my best to hold onto the positives, not a very well-practiced skill if I’m honest.

With a conscious effort, and a few pained sounds, I got back on my feet and stood up.

Only to unceremoniously fall back down with a thud that knocked the wind out of me. I winced at the pain of the landing, my body was still sore all over, as if it had been overly exerted.

Since standing up appeared to be out of the question for the moment, I decided to try propping myself up on all fours and sit upright for a few minutes, until my legs decided that they wanted to return to their usual pastime of supporting my weight.

But that too proved to be something of a challenge. Pushing myself up off the floor, I tried to push backwards and bend my knees. Only, they wouldn’t bend. A moment’s experimentation found that instead, they seemed inclined to bend inward. For a few horrible moments I thought that I’d inadvertently broken my legs somehow, and that the pain I was feeling was simply what the endorphins weren’t taking away. A quick visual check though, showed that my fears were unfounded.

However, they did raise a couple of more pertinent questions.

This was not my body.

My body was thin, scrawny, pale, and most importantly bipedal. The one I seemed to be attached to now, was covered in fine grey hide, and in the place of hands and feet, I found that my limbs ended in equally grey hooves. I was a quadruped.

Turning my head to look at myself, my panic and fear growing by the second, I found that I was indeed no longer in possession of a poor example of the species homo sapiens sapiens. Instead, I appeared to be horse like. I had hooves, a fine haired coat, a dark blue tail, and…

Wait, what was that?!

Right there, on my hind quarters, my…er…flank, was an image. On both there was an image of two crossed swords; one silver, and one gold.

That was a cutie mark. Those only appeared on ponies, Equestrian ponies. As in fictional little cartoon horses from a TV show I watched; My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. My eyes went wide.

“Okay…that’s interesting,” I muttered to myself, fear undoubtedly evident in my voice. Blinking a few times in an effort to dispel what I was seeing had no effect. I think I may have screamed after that. But let’s not dwell on that just now.

After a few moments of more panicking, during which I somehow ended up on my back, I decided that I needed to get a better view of whatever had happened to me. A short distance away from me was a small puddle of still water. It would probably give me at least a vague reflection of what I looked like now, although a part of me didn’t want to know and was busy clicking it’s shoes together screaming ‘there’s no place like home’.

This brought me back to walking. Given that I was fairly certain that I was a pony, I understood why my previous attempt at walking had gone so badly. This body wasn’t designed for it. I would need to stand on four legs, not two. In effect, I would need to almost learn how to walk again.

With another effort, although I was rapidly regaining my lost strength by this point, I pushed myself up. It felt a little strange, almost like crawling, except I felt as though I was standing upright at the same time. It was a little difficult, but eventually, I managed to get to my feet and stand fairly steady. Next up was walking.

Again, the idea of crawling helped me there. It was still difficult, and I more or less hobbled rather than actually walked, tripping every now and then like toddler and only just managing to stay upright. After a few failed attempts I managed to find the right pattern for moving each individual leg so that I didn’t trip up. Eventually, I made it to the small pool and got my first real look at myself.

My suspicion was indeed correct, I was a pony. And, much to my surprise and partial delight, I was a unicorn. From my forehead, poking out between my somewhat matted dark blue mane, was grey spiraled horn, about four or five inches long, that ended in a dull point. I wondered if I could use magic, but after straining for a moment (and not really having the faintest idea what I was doing) I gave up on that.

Along with the horn, I had two very large, dark brown eyes, not too dissimilar to the ones I’d had as a human. It felt strange to think about that. I quickly saw that I no longer had my glasses, yet my eyesight seemed perfectly fine. That was a plus; what followed would certainly been a lot trickier if all I could see was a blur.

I also now sported a muzzle, a fairly square thing that gave me a reassuringly masculine appearance. Despite the mess my mane was in, I seemed to be clean shaven. And speaking of my mane, poking up from either side of my head were a pair of bluntly pointed grey ears, which after a few moments of testing, I found I could move easily.

Aside from that, I looked like your standard run of the mill pony. My body looked fairly average in build and size, I had a cutie mark, a horn. All in all, I was a perfectly normal unicorn.

But the face was also familiar to me. As I looked into the pool, I turned my head so that I could see each side from a few different angles. I knew this pony that was now my reflection. I’d come up with the grey coat, the somewhat messy dark blue mane, and the crossed swords cutie mark. This pony was of my own creation, he was a character I’d come up with ages ago. I’d called him Blade Star. Daft name I know, but that’s what happens when you rely on one of those pony name generators. There was no doubt about it, I was my own OC. I actually found that prospect quite exciting, when I managed to stop panicking.

Before long though, I was brought back to the issue at hand (or should that be hoof now?). Where was I? I began to think again. This place seemed vaguely familiar at first, but my discovery of my new body offered a very interesting idea.

A deep, dark, foreboding forest. No. This couldn’t be the Everfree, could it?

No, of course it couldn’t. The Everfree Forest wasn’t real now, was it? But then again, nor were unicorns, and yet here I was. I wasn’t high or whacked out of my mind, and a quick snap at my fetlock with my new teeth confirmed that I wasn’t dreaming. Could this really be Equestria?

My sudden hypothesis was interrupted by the sound of two voices not too far away, somewhere through the trees.

“Oh, good God, what the hell happened?” one male voice asked, sounding as fatigued as I felt. It was quickly joined by another female voice.

“Where on earth are we anyway? How did we get out here?”

A feeling of gladness swelled in my heart as I recognised the voices of my parents; Roger and Margaret. Or Mum and Dad as I call usually them. Quickly picking out where the voices came from (score one for improved pony hearing) I called out to them.

“Mum, Dad, is that you?” I shouted out. I heard the sound of leaves rustling as someone moved suddenly, as if startled. A moment later, I heard my father call out my name in confusion.

“Is that you?” he added. I smiled in relief. Everything would be alright now; I wasn’t alone in my predicament.

“Yeah, it’s me!” I replied. “I think I’m about one clearing over from you guys. Are you okay?” I expected that any moment they’d start panicking. I tried to think of a way to explain to them that they were now ponies. Their response though, surprised me.

“We’ve both fine,” my Dad replied. “We’re both feeling a bit knocked about, but we’re okay. How about you?” They hadn’t changed? Oh boy. This might take some explaining. I did my best to broach the subject carefully. How do you tell your parents you’ve suddenly become a pony, I was still coming to terms with it myself.

“I’m okay,” I began. “Have you two noticed any weird changes or anything?”

“Changes?” my Dad asked, sounding befuddled. “What kind of changes?”

“Well…er,” I replied awkwardly. “I may have changed species. I think I’m a pony now.” I heard my Dad bark out a short laugh.

“Yeah, yeah, sure,” he answered good naturedly. “Come on, son. This is no time for jokes. Stay where you are and we’ll come and find you.”

Well, that’s torn it, I thought to myself. They were in for one hell of a shock in a minute. Or I was; there was that small part of my mind that insisted that what I was seeing was impossible. I stood where I was at the pool, pretty much stock still and waited for my parents to arrive.

They didn’t take long, and I soon spotted the silhouette of my Dad pushing his way through the brush and branches, with my Mum following behind in his wake. A few moments later, they emerged into the clearing.

My Dad was a fairly tall man, around 5’10 (I was previously around 5’8 or so), with a fairly slim build. His hair, which was starting to thin here and there, was a deep silver, though most people tended to find their attention drawn to his unusual monobrow, a feature I thankfully avoided inheriting. He was dressed in his usual plain light blue shirt, with a dark blue jumper over it. He had his reading glasses on as well, though he didn’t tend to wear them except when he was reading or driving.

Behind him was my Mum. She was a very petite woman, barely 5’0 in height and somewhat heavy set, though a far cry from being fat (she’d argue that two kids tend to be murder on your figure). Her hair, which was dyed blonde, was cut fairly short, stopping just at her neck. Her features were round and kind, with fewer wrinkles than my father, and certainly fewer than other women who were closer to sixty than they were to fifty. They were both getting on in years now, both in their late fifties. She was wearing a light coloured blouse and jeans, the sort of thing she usually wore around the house.

Dad had a relaxed smile on his face, like me, glad of someone else in the same mess. His smile vanished when his eyes settled on me though. Looking around in confusion, he called out my name again.

“Are you out here?” he asked. Bracing myself for the inevitable, I walked, which I was now a little better at, over him, waving a foreleg half-heartedly.

“Hi, Dad,” I said, somewhat awkwardly.

You could hear a pin drop.

My Dad stared at me in complete and utter bewilderment. You could see his mind trying to work out what he was seeing. A moment later, after the two of us had stared at each other awkwardly for a bit, my Mum offered her two pence into the conversation. Her contribution consisted mainly of screaming like a banshee and tripping over herself in an attempt to get away. My Dad too backed off and moved to protect his wife. I found myself backpedalling, and possibly screaming myself, but tried to calm things down.

“Woah, woah, woah, calm down, Mum!” I called out, in an effort to try and calm her. “It’s okay, it’s okay! I’m not going to hurt you! It’s me; your son!” This had no effect though, and it was only due to her need for oxygen that she paused in her screeching. My Dad had quickly wrapped his arms round her in a protective hug, placing himself between me and her.

“Who the hell are you?!” he demanded angrily. I sat down on my rear and did my best to explain.

“It’s me, Dad,” I replied fretfully. “It’s your son. I just…look a little different, that’s all.”

“A little different?!” my Mum parroted. “You’re a miniature talking horse for goodness sake. You’re not my son!” I won’t lie, that hurt.

“I am, Mum. I promise, it’s me!” I implored. Still looking wild with fright, my Dad tried to disprove my statement.

“Okay then, when were you born?” he asked.

“January 10th1994,” I replied. “Same as my little sister, Lizzie. Only, she was born two years and six hours later.” Surely such exact knowledge would convince them both of my bona fides.

The same thought seemed to strike all three of us at once. There were four of us in our little family; me, Mum, Dad, and Lizzie. I was here, despite my parents thinking I was…actually, I’m not sure what they thought, they were both here; so where was Lizzie? Logically, whatever had brought us here must have done the same for Lizzie. We’d all arrived in separate places in the forest, so it was possible that she was out there somewhere.

Standing stock still, and with a dark look on his face, my Dad pointed a shaking finger at me. His breathing suddenly became more ragged, and sweat began to appear on his face.

“Where’s my daughter?” he asked darkly, his eyes wild. I tried to reply that I didn’t know where Lizzie was, or if she’d even ended up here, but he cut me off.

“I said where’s my daughter, you son of a bitch!” This time, he shouted. He was panicking. Whereas Mum and I just panic and pither when we’re worried, my Dad tends to try to fight his way out when he’s cornered.

“Look, I don’t know!” I shot back in fear. “I don’t know. But we weren’t too far from each other, so she must be somewhere nearby too. If we all stick together, we can start looking for her. And, if it’s all the same to you, I’d rather get out of here sooner rather than later.” My Dad snorted.

“Oh, sure,” he replied sneeringly. “Let’s all just follow the weird horse thing that’s pretending to be my son. It’s not like it’s going to lead us anywhere dangerous!” I tilted my head in a dog like fashion before regaining myself and snorting in a very horse like manner.

“I keep telling you, I am your son!” I exclaimed. “And even if I wasn’t, why would I want to hurt either of you? Ponies are herbivores for goodness sake!” My Dad though, remained resolute.

“No, there’s no way my wife and I are going traipsing through wherever the hell this is with a talking horse thing that may want to eat us anyway.” I’d had enough.

“For the last time!” I yelled, snarling angrily. “I’m your goddamn son. Will you get that through your thick skull, Dad?!”

All of a sudden, my angry tirade was cut off by my Mum crying out in fright. Suddenly, and without apparent movement, my Dad was much closer, and eye level with me. Even more surprising, He was surrounded by a strange dark blue glow. Faintly, I could hear a tinkling sound, like wind chimes.

It took me a moment to realise what had happened. I’d used magic. As in real life, honest to God, no sleight of hand card tricks here, magic. Somehow in my anger, I’d managed to cast a levitation spell, as the show termed it, and was now holding my Dad prone about four feet or so off the ground. He’d gone white as a sheet.

Shocked at my newfound abilities, I inadvertently broke my concentration, or whatever it was that had let me cast magic in the first place. A moment later, my first ever spell fizzled out, and my Dad dropped to the ground. He quickly picked himself up and backed off. I did my best to use my accidental display to my advantage.

“Now look,” I began. “If I really wanted to hurt either of you, don’t you think I would have done it already? I know it sounds crazy, but I swear, I’m your son.”

At this, my Mum, who’d not really been too involved in proceedings beyond screaming in fright, edged forward. Tentatively making her way towards me, and going around her still stunned husband, she kneeled down to be eye level and within arm’s reach of me. Slowly, she reached out with a hand to touch my face. As it drew near, I let out an involuntary whiney like noise, which caused to hesitate for a second. A moment later though, she pressed on, and laid her open hand on the side of my face. Her eyes met mine and we stared at each other for what felt like a long time.

Eventually though, she smiled. And leaning forward, she embraced me in a tight hug. I found my head resting on her shoulder and vice versa. I wanted to breathe a sigh of relief.

“You’re my son,” she said quietly, as she held onto my, as if her life depended on it. “I don’t know what's happened to you, or where we are, but I know who you are; you’re my boy.” A moment later she released me.

“What makes you so sure?” I asked, stupidly tempting fate by playing devil’s advocate for a moment. She smiled softly, and shrugged her shoulders.

“A mother always knows her kids,” she replied. She turned to my Dad, daring him to object. But he had the good sense to keep quiet and not cross her.

Moving around a little, my Mum settled herself to sit Indian style across from me, and motioned for my Dad to do the same. I now had a moment to work out my size, relative to my parents. I reckoned that I was a somewhere around four and a half feet tall on all four hooves. One little mystery cleared up.

As the three of us sat down together, with Dad still a little distrustful, but far less hostile towards me, my Mum took over the conversation.

“So you do you have any idea what’s happened to us?” she asked. I shook my head.

“Your guess is as good as mine,” I replied. “I woke up here about ten, maybe fifteen minutes ago. I feel like I’ve been chewed up and spat out. When I finally came to, I realised that I was like this.” My Mum gestured to my new form.

“So what are you anyway, some sort of unicorn?”

“Sort of,” I answered. “I’m a unicorn pony. See the cutie mark.” As I turned to show off the strange mark on my rear, I heard Dad try and fail to hold back a laugh, which came out as an odd snort. I sat back down again.

“I know this sounds crazy, Mum. But I think we might be in Equestria.” I said.

“Where?” my Dad exclaimed. “Wait, wait, wait. You mean the place off that kids pony cartoon you watch on your laptop?” I nodded.

“It makes sense,” I replied. “I look just like a character from the show. And this place.” I gestured to our surroundings. “Sure looks a lot like the Everfree Forest; somewhere we don’t want to be.”

“What is it?” my Mum asked curiously, evidently the more open of the two. I briefly explained how it was seen as an unnatural place in the show, and full of some rather nasty creatures. And since I had no desire to be scoffed by timberwolves, turned to stone by a cockatrice, or whatever the heck a cragadile does to its victims, I suggested we try and get out, post haste.

“What about Lizzie though?” Dad asked in concern. “You haven’t told us where she is.” I resisted the urge to roll my eyes.

“I don’t know where she is,” I replied. “She may not even be here for all I know. But if you want, we can try to search for her. As long as we’re careful, we should be alright.” I turned to look at the sun through the trees.

“Right, assuming that it’s mid-afternoon, that’s west,” I said, pointing toward the sun that was still fairly high in the sky. Dad nodded in agreement. “If I remember right, Ponyville should be to the north from here. We should try heading in that direction for now, and look for Lizzie as we go.”

“And what then?” Dad asked “Go to some pony village, are you crazy?” I shrugged my shoulders.

Assuming I was right, our best bet would be to find a certain purple alicorn, which made my inner fan jump around in excitement, with Mum and Dad around my fear was beginning to evaporate, and from there either try and get her to help us get home, or go to the princesses in Canterlot. A bit of a far-fetched, yes, but it was better than nothing. We certainly didn’t want to stay here. Luckily, Mum stepped in again.

“You heard what he said, Roger,” she countered. “I don’t fancy running into any of those beasties, thank you very much. I’ll take my chances with the magical ponies. We need to find Lizzie.” She got to her feet. “Lead the way, son.”


And so, with some trepidation, the three of us set off. We left the comparative safety of our little clearing and headed roughly north. We were soon on a small path, but I had little idea of where we were actually going. I’d seen bits of this place about a dozen times. It wasn’t as if I knew it like the back of my hand (or hoof) though. I wasn’t even sure we were heading the right way. More to the point, I had no idea how we were supposed to find Lizzie, if she was even out here. Surely she would have heard us by now and found us; Mum and Dad had found me in mere minutes after all. But we were hesitant to call out for her, lest we attract unwanted attention from the creatures that called this forest home. After all, somewhere in here there was a bloody ursa major.

So we pressed on, hoping that we’d eventually find something that would tell us where we are. I was half hoping that we’d come across Zecora’s little hut. Aside from being friendly with Twilight, she would most likely have the best reaction to us, having experienced the somewhat flighty nature of ponies first hoof.

But in the end, we didn’t find ourselves at Zecora’s hut, but somewhere much larger and, once upon a time, a lot more opulent. As we pressed on through the brush, we suddenly found ourselves in a large open space. And out there in front of us, much to my delight, was a great castle.

“Well, I’d say we’re definitely in Equestria,” I declared, smiling more than I had in a good long time. We’d only run straight into the bloody castle!

“What is it?” my Mum asked. I turned to her, slipping into something of a lecture mode. Combined with my building excitement, it overran my fear and I began to act almost as if nothing was wrong.

“This is the old castle; the Castle of the Royal Pony Sisters,” I replied gleefully. “Before the show, this is where the two princesses lived. It’s where Celestia fought and defeated Nightmare Moon, and where the Elements of Harmony were used to turn her back into Princess Luna. And if I’m not mistaken, the Tree of Harmony should be just down those steps.”

By now overcome with fan based excitement, I set off at a near gallop (the previous walk had allowed me to fine tune my motor skills) and headed down the steps. If anything else, it would confirm not only where we were, if there was still any doubt, but also when we were in the timeline.

Almost slipping a few times on the crumbling stone staircase, I eventually found myself at the bottom, in what I imagine would have once been the castle’s moat. And it was there, nestled away in a little indent in the otherwise sheer rock face, that I first laid eyes on the Tree of Harmony.

There was no doubt about it then, we were definitely in Equestria. My mind was too preoccupied with that one fact to contemplate much else. I sat down and just stared at the great tree, with my parents joining me a moment later. It really was amazing. The tree seemed to give off a light all of its own, and held in its branches were its ‘fruit’; the elements themselves. That meant we were in the ‘present’ so to speak. For a few moments, I’d been thinking about what I’d do if we had been somewhere in the past. Maybe I’d have had a chance to interfere with important events, like stopping the changeling attack on Canterlot.

But no, we were clearly in the present. In addition to the elements, nearby I could see the strange hexagonal box that the tree had spawned, still locked tight. My parents looked on curiously as I bustled about, chattering about every little thing in excitement. Finally, my Dad grew impatient.

“Er, son, I don’t mean to be impatient or anything,” he said. “But do you think we could get back to finding your sister, or maybe getting out of here?” I perked up my ears, a nice new ability.

Turning back to them both, I realised that I’d lost sight of more important issues. My worry returned with a vengeance, for Lizzie as well as myself. I shook my head to clear my thoughts.

“Yeah, er, sorry, Dad,” I replied bashfully. “I kinda got a little overexcited. But I know where we are now for sure, so I think I can find us a way out.”

That was true. While I didn’t know the Everfree Forest, I did have a decent understanding of the route Twilight and her friends had taken when they journeyed here to face Nightmare Moon. To reach Ponyville now, all we needed to do work backwards through each encounter. We just needed to follow landmarks, like the ravine where Rainbow Dash met the Shadowbolts, or the river where they all encountered the sea serpent.

Turning around, the three of us walked back up the stone stairs and began to head away from the castle. I settled on the front and headed directly away from it. Hopefully, that would take us to Ponyville.


My plan didn’t exactly work out to start with. We weren’t hitting any of the landmarks after almost half an hour of walking. With so little sunlight, for all I knew we were walking in circles. If we could just find some landmark it would be a start. We were still no closer to finding Lizzie either. Every clearing we came to, we hoped that we’d find her, in whatever form, unharmed. But try as we might, we could find no trace of her.

I was getting quite worried at this point. So far, my jaunt into Equestria had caused a fight with my parents, potentially put my sister in danger, and completely cut us off from our home. It was hardly the semi-utopia I thought it to be. Mum and Dad were getting restless too, with Dad prodding that maybe he should take over as guide, or that we ought to change direction, possibly even try to set up camp for the night, for it was now late in the afternoon.

Things had almost come to a head when the proverbial clouds finally parted. We finally reached the ravine. The rope bridge was still there and looked to be fairly solid, so we would hopefully be able to cross it. But that was the least of my concerns. At that moment, we could have been stuck in this forest forever for all I cared.

My attention instead, along with that of my parents, was focussed on a teenage girl sitting not too far from the ravine, near some wild flowers. It was Lizzie!

My little sister, though she would now undoubtedly tower over me in my new form, was exactly two years younger than myself. She even had the cheek to turn up right at the end of my second birthday party. Though I admit, it does make remembering birthdays easier. She had a soft, friendly face, like her mother’s, though her face was less rounded. She was a brunette, with her hair extending down past her shoulders. She was dressed in attire more suited to our situation, wearing a ratty old hoody that she’d gotten from me, along with a pair of plain trousers that were presently somewhat stained with mud.

She was, as I said, sitting on her knees, near a patch of blue wild flowers. She hadn’t yet noticed our presence and was leaning forward to pick one of them.

It took me a moment, but I was sure from the first that there was something familiar about those flowers. A moment later, it came to me; Poison Joke! Okay, it wouldn’t hurt her, but I’d rather not see what it did to her regardless.

Before my parents could say or do anything, I set off at my first ever full blown gallop, tearing the ground up as I tried to pick up speed. Running up to Lizzie, I all but launched myself at her and, barreling into her side, knocked her sideways, away from the troublesome flora. The two of us came to rest with me almost on top of her, inadvertently pinning her down.

“Lizzie!” I exclaimed in a warning tone. “You mustn’t touch those blue flowers; they’re poisonous!”

My little sister was, understandably startled, and laid still, staring up at me. After all, a weird miniature horse had pretty much just ploughed into her, knocked her over and, in her brother’s voice no less, told her not to go picking flowers. You could forgive her for being just a tiny bit thrown.

Luckily, we were joined by our parents a moment later, who both quickly grabbed her and held her in a hug. Lizzie remained quiet but returned their hug nonetheless, she certainly seemed glad for the familiar faces. As succinctly as my Mum could, she explained the situation, in particular, who I was and where we were. Lizzie didn’t react too much; she acted more like a startled rabbit than anything else.

That got the three of us worried. As much as I hate to say it, Lizzie was the most…normal, in our family. She usually tended to cope with things pretty well compared to me or our parents. So seeing her pretty much shut down caused a lot of concern. She did show some positives though. At one point when we were all sitting resting by the ravine, she walked over and hugged me, wrapping her arms around me and holding onto me tightly, just like she used to when we were little.

So at last, we were all together. We were in Equestria, somewhat lost deep in the potentially dangerous Everfree Forest, and one of us had randomly been turned into a character of his own creation. But at least we weren’t facing it alone; we were facing it as a family.

.

Author's Note:

Proofread by Sweetolebob18.

Welcome, and thank you for reading Chapter 1 of 'My Family and other Equestrians'.

This is the revised version of this chapter. Chapter 2 through 15 have also undergone revision and have been updated. Feel free to comment below and tell me what you think. I read every comment sent my way.

Chapters Next