• Published 11th Nov 2013
  • 1,567 Views, 17 Comments

Caramel Apple Acres - NightFirethePegasus



Big Macintosh, heir of Sweet Apple Acres has been going strong with his colt friend of over 4 years, Caramel when Big Mac pops the question to Caramel he unknowingly sparks a chain of events that will change this farm pony's life forever

  • ...
18
 17
 1,567

chapter 8

Rocky and Rumble arrived at the dance and were immediately greeted by a familiar face.

"Oh, hi guys!"

Spike greeted as he spotted the couple and approached them. The purple dragon was extra flashy at the dance wearing that big red bowtie with gemstones on it.

" Hey Spike, what brings you to our school dance?"

"err, somepony asked me to go with them,"

And before either Rocky or Rumble could ask Spike who this somepony was he left back into the crowd.

"Is he always this strange?"

Rumble asked raising an eyebrow to Rocky. Rocky looked puzzled as he turned to respond.


"Spike, he's definitely whacky at times, but no this is strange even for him."

With that the two colts simply shrugged it off and dove into the crowd to find some space to spend by themselves. Rocky recognized the DJ right away just by hearing the music that was playing,

"Haha yeah! Now thats what I'm talking about, the school got Vinyl Scratch to DJ this party!"

Rocky didn't have long to wait to see that his suspiscions were correct, there on the stage was Vinyl Scratch, better known as DJ Pon-3, but there was a second pony out there with her. Upon closer observation Rocky recognized the other pony as Vinyl's classical roomate, Octavia. The two had created a perfect balance between Vynil's techno style music, and Octavia's classical strings.

'these two should play together more often they sound even better together!'

Rocky thought as he made a mental note to mention it next time he saw them.


The two colts began dancing and soon lost all awareness of the world outside of eachother and the music, Rumble doing a few nice tricks and flips using his wings.

"Nice moves flyboy but that's cheating if you're trying to show off against your earthpony date!"

Rocky teased as he began to use his creative apple bucking skills for some fancy foot work with rythmic steps, kicks and handstands. Rocky and Rumble danced like this four about twenty minutes before they heard an annoying and all too familiar voice.

"Oh why hello there Rumble fancy seeing you here..."

Diamond Tiara said, her usual low undertones of acid dripped from her tongue, a sure sign that the mean girl of the school was itching to start a fight. Rumble and Rocky stopped dancing and turned to look at the source of the voice.


"I DO go to this school you know, therefore it shouldn't be a surprise to see me he Diamond Tiara..."

Rumble said dryly. Diamond Tiara grinned maliciously as she had gotten what she wanted. Now that she got their attention she could have fun riling them up, and she knew just who to target and how to do it.

"So Rumble, your date, where is she, I am dying to know what lucky filly got you to go with them..."

Rumble was getting ready to reply and stop the impending fight before it started but just as he opened his mouth he shut it when he heard Rocky speak up.

"Right here Diamond Tiara!"

Rocky said.


Diamond Tiara smirked to herself,

'Yes! Rocky took the bait now to put the finishing touches on this...'

"Where is she Rocky, I don't see her is she behind you, or mabye she is invisible, because all I see is you, and Rumble wouldn't DARE come to the dance with another colt."

That had done it. Diamond Tiara sneered when she saw Rocky get really angry. she got what she asked for but she quickly realized it wasn't what she wanted the first and last thing she saw was Rocky's hoof flying into her, knocking her to the ground.

"Let's go home Rock."

Rrumble said, holding his now crying coltfriend close to him, Rocky nodded and they made their way home.


As they walked through the front door Caramel and Mac turned to look at them from their spot on the living room couch. Caramel was the first to react,

"Rocky, Rumble, why, we weren't expecting you two home so early, did the dance end early?"

Before their eyes Rocky broke down and did something that Mac had never actually seen him do and Caramel had only seen faint traces of it, he dropped to the floor and sobbed. Rocky let out all of the emotion he was holding in for the sake of keeping face infront of everyone at the school dance. Within seconds Caramel was off the couch and holding his son close to him.

"shh shh Rocky what's wrong, what happened?..."

Rocky sniffled as he tried to regain his voice to answer his father's question.


"Diamond tiara.... She.... She approached us and asked Rumble where his fillyfriend for the dance was.... And then when I spoke up she said that.... that either his fillyfriend was behind me or invisible because there was no way that.... Rumble would go to the dance with a.... a colt......"

Rocky finishes as he goes back to crying a bit.

"But, thats not why I'm crying, well, it's part of the reason but, I also let my anger get the best of me and I punched her..."

Caramel and Mac shared a look that only showed sympathy for their son. They both knew that Diamond Tiara deserved what she got, mabye worse if you count all the times she has pulled her various stunts, and Rocky didn't know what else to do and he was in his mind defending Rumble. So Caramel knew he couldn't blame Rocky but he had to give him some reprecussions for resorting to violence.

"It's okay Rocky, me and your Pa aren't mad at you, you did what you thought you had to, she was not only insulting you, but she was insulting Rumble, and thats what really set you off wasn't it her jabs at you weren't what made you blow... We understand but the day after next we're going to her house and you're gonna apologize to her father it's the right thing to do, no matter how much she deserved it..."

Just as he said that there was a knock at the door.

Mac went to the door and opened it to have Diamond Tiara's father, Filthy Rich walk in he immediately approached Rocky, Rumble, and Caramel.

"Rocky.."

He began. Rocky uncurled from Caramel's grasp and looked at his father who nodded with a smile, Rocky turned to face Rich.

"Sir I just wanna apologize, for hitting your daughter, I let my anger get the best of me when she insulted my coltfriend Rumble."

Rich chuckled a bit before smiling at Rocky.

"why, that's really mature of you my boy, but no apology necassary I heard what happened by one of the ponies that witnessed the incident. I heard the exchange word for word, and. To be honest I would like to thank you for doing it for me."

All four other ponies in the room suddenly got really puzzled,

"come again?"

Rocky inquired, confused.

"You see, I know she does these types of awful things, and I am glad one of you kids finally got enough courage to finally put my spoiled brat of a daughter in her place, now before your parents suggest it, I'm not condoning violence I am simply saying that I applaud you for sticking up for yourself and Rumble against my daughter, and rest assured her views on you are not reflecting of the views from the rest of her family, if you ever need something don't be shy to ask it's the least I could do to apologize for my daughter."

Rocky nods graciously.

"thanks Mr. Rich."

"Think nothing of it my dear boy, well I should take my leave back home for a long talk with my daughter about pony preferences ta-ta."

With that Rich took his leave, shutting the door behind him.

"Well, that went betta then Ah expected..."

Mac finally spoke up.

"Eeeyup."

The other three said in unison doing their best to imitate Mac's voice and before long everyone was having a good well deserved theraputic laugh. Rumble was the first to quit laughing when he heard his stomache growl.


"hey uh, does anyone mind if I stay for dinner thanks to Tiara me and Rocky didn't get a chance to eat anything since lunch."

Rocky's stomache grumbled when dinner was mentioned and he chuckled sheepishly.

"sure, me and Mac already ate but Rocky could get you guys something to eat."

Caramel said. The two colts upon hearing this raced to the kitchen as if the world was ending. Rocky ripped the fridge door open and found two slices of some Caramel apple pie a signature treat thats a family twist on the classic apple pie. Rocky took the two pieces out and placed them in the oven, turned it on and set the timer.


" So, I just wanted to say thanks..."

Rumble said as he and Rocky sat at the dining room table while waiting for their pie to reheat.

"For what?"

Rocky puzzled and Rumble grabbed his coltfriend's hooves,

"for defending me tonight, I, like Caramel, know that it was the real reason you punched Diamond Tiara, I know this is wrong and we shouldn't find it funny, but did you see the look on her and Spoon's face when you knocked her lights out? That was so not what Diamond Tiara planned to have happen when she decided to pick a fight."

The two colts laughed remembering the shocked faces on Diamond Tiara and her cohort, Silver Spoon. The timer on the oven went off and Rocky went and got the Pies out. He put them in there just enough to get them warm, not hot. Rocky got two plates out placed the slices of pie on them and walked them back to the table and placed them down.

The two colts sat and enoyed their impromptu meal with some light small talk inbetween bites but it was a mainly quiet dinner as they were so focused on getting some food.


By the time they finished Rumble looked at the clock,

"aw hay!.... Its almost midnight!"

"Don't worry you can spend the night, can't he dad?"

Caramel looked unsure as Rocky asked him.

"Well I suppose but you two will have to be up very early tomorrow to get ready we have Soarin an Braeburn's wedding to attend tomorrow at eleven in the morning..."

"We will won't we Rumble!?"

Rumble asked his coltfriend excited to have his first sleepover with him. Rumble nodded affirmingly.

"yep, I love weddings plus it may give me a few ideas should my future go as I plan it to."

He said as he nuzzled Rocky lovingly causing the other to giggle. Caramel decided now would be a good time to lay down the embarrassing ground rules for the sleep over.


"okay you two, I realize you two are getting to be young adults soon, but Rocky you are still my son and I expect you two to behave tonight I don't wanna have to ban you two from sleeping in close proximity... If you catch my drift."

Rocky and Rumble made faces that looked between disgusted an mortified that Caramel had brought up them and sex in the same sentence.

"Dad... We know to be careful alright, the worst you could possibly find us doing is cuddling or... Celestia forbid, making out!"

At that last part Rumble began to crack up. Not at the idea of doing what Rocky mentioned but at the way he mentioned it. Caramel rolled his eyes at his son's little rant, he knew they wouldn't do anything Rumble is a good colt he knows how far is too far this far into a relationship but he just wanted to see their faces when he brought it up.

"Okay you two off to bed we have a big day tomorrow."

Caramel said shooing the couple up to Rocky's room where they got settled.


"Night Rumble."

Rocky Said as he laid down and pulled up the covers.

"Hey, I hope you weren't joking with that cuddling thing..."

Rumble grumbled pretending to seem annoyed as he turned Rocky over to face him and pull him into a hug nestling his head comfortably against Rocky's and he drifted off to sleep. Rocky placed a hoof across Rumbles side and fell to sleep with a content smile.

"well that was an eventful evening..."

Caramel said as he got in bed and waited for Mac to cimb in.

"eeyup, our little Rocky sure has grown up, he reminds me so much o' ya when we were his age."

he said taking off his trademark yoke and climbing into bed. Caramel smirked slyly,

"you know you definitely look much sexier with the yoke off, of course I love you any which way."

Mac blushed as he heard Caramel call him sexy before brushing it off,

"Mel, we have companeh, plus we have ta be up early tomorrow."

Caramel chuckled,

"I know sweetheart I was just messing with you it's fun to tease you, your freckles begin to blend in with your face."

Carmel plants a quick kiss on Mac's lips before turning over in bed.

"goodnight Mac."

He says as he turns off the bedside lamp.

"Night Mel."

And with that everypony in the Apple-Sabot household was fast asleep.

Author's Note:

Sorry it took so long I can't quite update these stories on my mobile devices so I have to either rely on proxies to post them for me or find times when I have privacy and a computer. Anyway, to adress a few concerns some readers had brought up, I have not forgotten about scenes of such events as the trial adoption period and such I have a plan in place to address those later but i do not want to spoil the fun and surprise so that is all I will say at this time on the subject

Comments ( 2 )

ples for the love of sulestya ples make more im a shy guy but this stryy rilly tuch me and my bf haert sins he did hit a guy at are prom to stic up for me but it dint go like in the story lol i wish but life is life and this stry wus wall made so ya if you dont see this then um ... i dont no um ill pm you me and my bf resones tomaro ok

4970149
hope u and your boyfriend r happy together, My bf left me i dont even know why, but still I wish u the best ;) :heart:

Login or register to comment