• Published 2nd Nov 2013
  • 665 Views, 19 Comments

Screw Loose and Screwball: The 2nd and 3rd of The Insane - TwistedSkittles



Part of the Insane series. Discord is all alone with only his chaotic thoughts to amuse him. So why not create a pony to keep him company? He already found the perfect one. But she is also another pony's target. And another pony's one and o

  • ...
1
 19
 665

Safely Disturbed

"Get away! Get away!" Sweetheart told the strange rabbits towering over her. She had run out of the cookies that had picked up for Screw Loose.

The rabbits had merely eaten them as she threw the cookies at their heads. They were now grinning sinisterly as she cowered before them.

When she arrived in Ponyville, she saw ponies getting trampled by the violent rabbits. Now there were so many rabbits she would clearly be trampled to death.

As the rabbits started running towards her, Sweetheart let out a blood-curtling scream.

Unknown to her, and every pony else, her time was slowed down while Discord and Luna were talking. To what was few seconds to Sweetheart, were ten minutes to Discord and Luna.

Suddenly Sweet heard a strange sound around her, and saw a bright light flash of Discord's magic. She could now move as quickly as Luna and Discord were, and saw everything around her slow down, then stop.

There was a sudden flash of blue light from above their heads and everything seemed to shake. Sweetheart heard ponies screaming from above, but when she looked up and saw no pony.

Just a sparkle of blue light flying towards her.

The blue object, what looked to be a strange stone, shimmered in the sun as it whizzed past her head. It landed with a small thud, merely a few feet away from where Discord and Luna were now standing.

Discord had noticed the blue stone, and picked it up in his lion hand. He studied it for a moment, turning it over and over, then held it up for Luna to see.

The alicorn noticed his paw and said "Yes Discord? What did you find?"

"Can't you see it Luna? I'm holding it in front of me." Discord moved his fingers so that Luna could see it better. It continued shimmer brightly.

"See what? Why are you showing me your empty paw?" Luna asked in confusion.

Discord looked at Luna, then at the rock, then at Sweetheart.

He shrugged at her and tossed the pink pony the strange rock, which she caught.

She held it in front of her and looked at it. Although the rock was so smooth and shiny, she could not see a reflection, or any pony's for that matter.

"Save me." She heard a scratchy voice whisper.

She held the rock closer to her ear.

"Save me." Came the whisper again. The voice was familiar, but she could not remember who it was. "Save me."

There was suddenly a loud buzzing noise. It was so painful to Sweetheart's ears. She yelped and dropped the blue stone. She covered her eyes at the bloodcurdling noise.

It was a loud annoying buzzing, so painful that the pony felt any moment her ears would explode and she began hurting all over her body.

Discord gasped and Luna was dumbfounded.

"Is she supposed to be like this?" Luna asked.

"I don't know!!!" Discord screamed over the noise. It was loud, but nowhere near as loud as it was to Sweetheart.

"I thought you were the King of Chaos! Why are you yelling? Why is she covering her ears like that!" Luna's voice rose.

"Can't you hear it!? That awful noise?!" Discord screamed.

The noise grew louder, and he groaned and covered his ears.

Luna said something but the noise was too loud for both Discord and Sweetheart to hear.

"WHAT?" Sweetheart screamed at the princess.

"I said, take some Discord's chaos. This isn't his doing! Is it?!" Luna voice was barely heard.

"NO! BUT I'M GOING TO KILL WHOEVER IS MAKING THIS AWFUL NOISE!!" Discord shouted. He turned towards Sweetheart, who was trembling and crouched down. "I HAVE TO GIVE YOU SOME CHAOS. IT IS THE ONLY THING TO MAKE THIS ALL STOP!" He screamed at Sweetheart.

With that Discord lowered his hands, which glowed with purple power. He blasted her with a beam if the purple. Sweetheart floated up on the air, her hooves still covering her ears.

Her eyes opened, no longer the light blues they had been. Now they were purple, swirly eyes, giving her a hypnotized, dizzy look. Her mane became bouncy and swirly, and her coat changed to a darker pink. Her freckles vanished, and a prepeller hat appeared on her head.

There was suddenly a huge purple blast, shades of purple across the sky.

Discord and Luna opened there eyes, blinded by the blast.

They looked at the strange pony before them. She gave them a creepy grin, and was floating a few inches in the air by her prepeller hat. Her cutie mark had changed to a baseball and a small screw.

"Oh my." Luna said.

"Relax," Discord held up a hand. "It's normal." He shrugged. "For us chaotic spirits atleast."

He walked up to the strange pony, then studied her for a moment.

"So I see you have chosen to fly." He said to the pony as he pointed to her hat. "Tell me. What is you're name?"

"I'm Screwball, Daughter of Chaos." She answered. Her voice had also changed. It was rushed and a bit higher then her old voice.

"I see." Discord answered. He turned to Luna. "Well, looks like we have everything taken care of." He said with a smile.

"Are you sure Discord?" Luna asked, looking suspiciously at Screwball, who with a flash turned a flower into a towering bean stalk.

"Luna, you have my word that everything will be fine. I will keep an eye on her so that she won't cause too much trouble." Discord grinned. An eye popped out his head and rolled towards Screwball, who watched it with confusion. "Her and I will be best buddies!"

Luna still frowned suspiciously, but finally agreed. She flew off glancing back at them before disappearing.

As soon as she was gone, Discord grinned evily, rubbed his hands together, and turned to Screwball.

"So Screwball, like carrots much?" A carrot appeared before the pony. Screwball picked it up and turned, revealing Discord's face.

Screwball merely started laughing.

"Nice try. I know someone who would loves chaos." She grinned.

With a flash, Screw Loose appeared, looking around in confusion. When she saw Screwball, Loose started panting happily and wagging her tail. She new it was her master.

As Loose began licking Screwball's cheeks, something seemed a bit off. Screwball's appearance kept changing, like a glitch, from Sweetheart back to Screwball.

Discord, no longer a carrot, raised his eyebrows, then frowned in realization.

"Is this a patient?" He asked, remembering that Sweetheart worked at the Canterlot Asylum.

"Oh yes. This is Screw Loose." Screwball said, then changed to Sweetheart.

"I'm the only pony who takes care of her. Nopony else can." Sweetheart changed back to Screwball.

"She's my best friend!" Screwball said happily.

"She thinks she's a dog." Sweetheart continued.

"The only way she would be happy is with me." Screwball explained.

"We don't know much about her." Sweetheart said, then changed to Screwball, which she stayed on.

Discord frowned in disappointment. "I see. Screwball, take her back to the hospital. Keep her there until those silly Mane Six arrive."

Screwball nodded, then in a flash Screw Loose was gone.

Comments ( 1 )

I need mooooaaaarrrr:flutterrage:::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage:flutterrage:

Login or register to comment