• Published 2nd Nov 2013
  • 665 Views, 19 Comments

Screw Loose and Screwball: The 2nd and 3rd of The Insane - TwistedSkittles



Part of the Insane series. Discord is all alone with only his chaotic thoughts to amuse him. So why not create a pony to keep him company? He already found the perfect one. But she is also another pony's target. And another pony's one and o

  • ...
1
 19
 665

Taken Away

Red and blue lights flashed from the Canterlot Shoeshop. Injured ponies were taken away on cots and into the ambulances parked in the front lawn. A few received bandages on their legs. Nurses and police horses were trotting left and right.

A pink earth pony with white and purple hair stood on the hard cement steps leading to the front lawn. Her bright blue eyes watched as everypony stood in group talking, examining the lawn for clues, or rushing injured ponies out the door.

"You there!" A voice called to her.

The mare snapped her head up at the sound.

"You a nurse?" The stallion gestured at her nurse's hat.

"Oh, yes Mister Bones. But it's only my first day." The mare told him.

"Call me Hemlock. D'you know what happened here?" He asked.

"Yes sir. The owner was having a tough time coping with all the angry customers. It put too much pressure on her. The customers said she kept mumbling to herself about dogs and helping a strange black pegasus. The pegasus was not actually there. She must have been hallucinating. A few seconds later somepony threw a rock, breaking her window. Many ponies are injured, but the owner......has just......lost it." The nurse gestured at a blue pony. Her mane was a mess and she growled under her muzzle. "We are unsure of what caused it. She now believes she is a dog. She keeps repeating 'Screw Loose' while barking and growling."

Hemlock pulled out a different notebook. He opened it, flipping through blank pages towards the middle. "A black pegasus you say. Hmmm." He used his magic to levitate the pencil.

As he wrote, the nurse continued to gaze at her surroundings. She turned her head as another ambulance pulled up.

Just then somepony bumped into her. The pink nurse turned her head and saw it was another nurse whom she didn't recognize. The nurse was a white earth pony with soft pink hair in a bun. As soon as they locked eyes, something felt off.

"Excuse me ma'am." The white nurse said as she pushed past.

She reeked of perfume and blood, but must have cleaned it off her pure white coat. She heard a buzzing sound, similar to a cicada, an insect that were active in the summer, producing an annoying buzzing sound.

A shiny bit of blue could be seen under her nurse's hat, but she moved so quickly that one could only think they imagined it.

Our fellow pink nurse continued to watch the other nurse climb into an ambulance, that had pulled up a few seconds ago. She took the passenger seat instead of riding in the back, sliding next to a pink unicorn with a blonde mane and blue eyes.

"Got it?" The pink unicorn whispered.

"Yes. Now what do we do?" The white nurse asked.

"We wait for His orders. It'll be only a few years until the next one is ready."

The pink unicorn looked in the side view mirror and saw that she was being watched. She quickly started the engine, turned on the siren, and sped away.

"And what is your name Miss?" Hemlock asked as he finished writing.

The pink nurse answered without taking her eyes from the ambulance. "Sweetheart. Sweetheart Rich."