• Published 5th Mar 2012
  • 637 Views, 10 Comments

My Little P.O.N.I.E.S - Gray Valentine



The land of Equestria is in danger. Can our heroes stop it's destruction? Or is it doomed forever?

  • ...
 10
 637

Chapter 5: Rescue Mission

A/N: For some reason, everytime I check on this story chapter 4 is always unpublished. I'm sorry if that was true, and you guys couldn't read it, but I am “publishing” it to see if it stays that way.

Chapter 5: Rescue Mission

We finally reached the top of the mountain. Most of the men were tired, seeing as how we were in a hurry to reach the top. What we saw at the top however, was surprising. There seemed to be a large building built into the mountain. Around the entrance of the building were many bullet holes, and large chunks where an explosion happened were missing. On the ground were more bodies, strewn all over, and seemingly thrown around like rag dolls. I looked at the sign on the building, and read it out loud.

“Equestrian Foreign Species Research Center. Why is this here?” I asked to myself.

“Seems the Princess has some secrets.” Ghost said, while walking past me towards the entrance. “We better get inside. No telling what that guard is going through.”

“Right. Come on men!” I said, waving to the men behind me and moving forward. There were some audible groans coming from the tired recruits, but they followed in suit. Upon entering the building, we noticed it was rather dark.

“Man, for a fancy place like this, it sure is dark.” Tank said. “Guess our new friends aren't to fond of the light.” I nodded in agreement, and resumed forward. After adjusting to the darkness, I saw we were walking down a large hallway. The doors on the left and right sides were all open, some were hanging on one hinge, others were strewn with blood. I looked at the first door we came across, and saw a bloody hoofprint, which lowered down to the floor. No body, but there were bones scattered around the room.

“Whatever was in here, must have been hungry.” I said, then continued on. After walking a few minutes we came to large double doors at the end of the hall. I opened them, and saw we entered a large auditorium. After everyone was in the room, the doors closed behind us and locked.\

“Well, well, well. What have we here?” Asked a distant, but clearly audible voice. He sounded as though he was hissing his words. “Seems we have some more pathetic ponies who think they can stop us!” A large creature then fell from the ceiling with a large thud. He looked like a giant ant, but stood on 2 legs. He was heavily armored, and was a black color, with green eyes. “Tell me. What makes you think you can stop us?”

“We have you outnumbered.” Tank spoke up. “We have at least 40 men, and from what we've been told you have 30.” The creature laughed at the statement, sounding confident.

“Well, I'm afraid you have been misinformed. Dinner time boys!” He screamed. In an instant, smaller creatures, similar to him, started climbing out of the ground, and down the walls. We were vastly outnumbered. I ordered my men to fire, and quickly looked around for a good vantage point. On the left side of the room, I spotted a small staircase leading up to a higher level. I made my way for it, and quickly climbed up. When I reached the top, I looked over the railing, and saw Tank charging through the crowd of ants, heading straight for the leader. When he reached him, he grabbed him by the face, and slammed his head into the ground. Without stopping, he dragged him across the ground, until he was about 5 feet from the wall. He then threw him, into the wall, causing a small crack to appear. Before the enemy had a chance to recover from the blow, Tank punched right through his chest armor, and crushed the core with his hoof.

“Well done. But it's too late. Our invasion isn't stopped here. Your beloved Canterlot is already being attacked, by forces much stronger than this. You can not stop us.” With the last of his strength, he shoved Tank backwards, and exploded, causing a massive hole to appear in the wall. Upon seeing the leader destroyed, most of the ants fled, running through it, or digging away.

In the time it took for this all to happen, only me, Tank, and Ghost were left. The ants had surprised our men, by running into the crowd, and exploding, killing them all. Only 5 remained. I quickly looked down my scope, and noticed a small gap in the enemies armor. I took advantage of this, and shot through the gap, using my higher angle to shoot the core directly. This caused the creature to explode, also hitting his allies, causing 3 more to explode along with him. Ghost then appeared, seemingly from nowhere, and stabbing the last one through the back with his sword, causing the core to slice in half. He quickly pulled it out, and jumped backwards just as it exploded.

“What.... how?” I said, coming down the stairs, and looking at the dead ponies all around us. I dropped to my knees in disbelief. “I have never seen such destruction. If this is what we are dealing with, I fear for Equestria. Wait. He said Canterlot is already being attacked? We need to get back!” I said pulling out my transporter. Before I could push the button, Tank stopped me.

“Not until we rescue the prisoner.” He said. He then proceed to exit the room through the hole he created. I followed him, and we quickly came to a room marked “Holding Cells.” The letter were crudely drawn on, so we knew the creatures did it. Upon opening the door, we saw a blue unicorn in a cage, barely big enough to fit him. Tank walked to the door, grabbed the lock, and ripped it off. Benefits of strength I guess.

“Oh, thank you. I thought I was going to die in here!” The unicorn said. “My name is Navy Brave. Everyone just calls me Navy though.”

“Nice to meet you Navy, but we need to go. Canterlot is in danger, and we have to get back A.S.A.P.” I said. He nodded in agreement. We pulled out our transporters, and pushed the buttons. A bright flash of light appeared, then quickly faded. We were back in the yard in front of the castle, but nothing was right.

The whole yard and most of the castle seemed to be hit by explosives everywhere. All guards were dead, laying everywhere on the ground. We quickly sprinted into the castle, and saw something we never expected would happen. Laying on the ground, on the brink of death, was Princess Celestia. I ran up to her, and held her head in my arms.

“Princess. I am so sorry. We couldn't stop them.” I said, trying my best to keep calm.

“It's alright Bullseye. It is my time. The enemy has already taken over Equestria. Nobody is safe any longer. Please, protect my sister as best as you can. That is all I want you to do.” She said, weakly.

“But Princess, shouldn't we stop them? Take the land back?” I asked her.

“I don't care. Just, protect my sister. That is my final order. Now go, find her, and leave me to my fate.” She said. She used the last of her magic to teleport herself away, and left us alone in the hall.

“The Princess. That's it. I am stopping these son of a bitches, if it's the last thing I do. But, we need more soldiers.” I said standing up, and turning to Tank, Ghost, and Navy.

“I'm not much of a fighter, but I'll help any way I can.” Navy said.

“You have my blade.” Ghost said.

“And my fist.” said Tank.

“Well, guys, I think it's settled. Let's round up everypony we can, and start taking back our land!” I yelled.

The others yelled in agreement, and we ran out of the castle, in search of anypony still alive, and willing to help us take back Equestria.

Comments ( 3 )

The letter were crudely drawn on <<< :derpytongue2:??

Nevertheless good story ;)

388380 Ahaha, yeah now that i re-read those, they are pretty off :twilightsmile: I will fix those right away. I forgot to add the s to letters :facehoof:

Alright, I have fixed the mistakes. Hopefully it works better now!

Login or register to comment