• Published 12th Oct 2013
  • 362 Views, 6 Comments

Every World Needs a Hero - Foxes33



When the world is going down most ponies follow suit. Crime goes up and no one hears the call for help, but what if someone did? What if there is a new hero to save ponies from the villians.

  • ...
 6
 362

The Birth of a Hero

3. The Birth of a Hero

Jade was nearly shivering, had something bad happen? Yet there was something mystical about this unicorn, not the fact it controlled magic, but she could feel something else. She could tell she was trying to calm herself from the fact that she was breathing slowly. She gulped and went forward, closing the door and coming closer to the mysterious figure.

"Yes." She said, and instead of cowering, stood tall.

The mysterious pony seemed pleased with her bravery, and yet there was a sense of surprise. She smiled and came closer, her smile soothed Jade, she felt safer.

"So you are a brave one, but I know something that you did that was the bravest, then again, not many know of other forms of magic. The power of the stars. Besides, you already know who I am." She said, flipping down her hood.

Jade was surprised, it was Star, her best friend. Jade's mouth gaped as she recognized every feature, the dull red pelt, yellow mane and dull brown eyes. Star stood out like a sore hoof with her clashing colors, but she never dyed it or did anything to make it look batter. In fact she loved her features, even if they were odd. Jade realized she had been holding her breath and breathed out, trying not to keep her breathing calm. Her eyes couldn't help, but to stare in surprise.

"Star! What are you doing here? I-I didn't invite you." Jade stuttered, trying to say, leave in a nice way.

Star just smiled and took a step closer to Jade and exclaimed. "Don't worry, your father isn't dead, I have a good reason Jade. Oh it had been so long since someone had made a wish! I am so happy! I have been storing energy for too long and I hated it, but you did it!"

Jade cocked her head, she had no idea what was going on. Star was talking so fast it was hard for her to even get a word of her sentences. However she got a few points that confused her very much.

"Pardon me, but Star? What are you taking about? Wait, how did you know I thought my dad was dead? In fact, how did you know about my wish?" Jade questioned, her head now seeming to spin.

"Oh, well I guess you don't no the full story, or my full name in fact." Star giggled then continued. "My full name is Wishing Star, and well I am the wishing star. My cutie mark is that of a nurse because I love to help people, it is a talent healing for me anyways. I granted your wish!" Star said cheerfully.

Jade was now flabbergasting, and Star knew, she needed some time to take it all in. They had been friends so long and she was probably having trouble dealing with her friend being a star and all.

"Jade, come down. I know it is a big deal, and I never told you, but it is against the rules... sorry." Star explained.

Jade shook her head, getting rid of the shock. She paused, letting it sink in and get through her head. This was big news, her friend she had known for so long, a star? And she never even knew. When her breathing went back to normal, she was able to look her friend in the eyes and smile.

"That's great! Wait a minute, I wished to help the world, why do I have powers?" Jade asked, remembering the speed and the mysterious floating from this morning.

"Oh, uh, well... we can't just give, we have to add challenge, so you got well powers. So you can help the world, you have to be specific, you wanted to help the world. You didn't say for the ponies to be able to help themselves. So I guess the Wishing Rules made you a hero." Star explained, with the best understanding she could give.

"What! I-I am strong, but I am I really ready?" Jade asked, stepping back and somewhat shrinking.

"Well the rules know what there doing, they believe you can do so I do too. However I will help you along the way Jade, don't worry." Star said cheerfully.

Jade went pale with fear, what if she failed? She shook as she stood, and her eyes were dull and her stomach ached.

"Um, I-I don't know about this Star." Jade stuttered, unable to smile anymore.

Star smiled in a warm motherly way, a way that Jade hadn't seen in so long. Since her mother had passed away, she had forgot the smile that a mother offered when you needed it.

"Jade, you can do it." Star coaxed, still smiling.

Jade stood tall, all fear ebbing away and she breathed in.

"I will do it! I can't stand it anymore, innocent ponies being hurt for no reason, it just hurts." Jade said in a voice that slightly quivered.

"That's the spirit!" Star exclaimed. "Now to get you a costume."

There was a flash in Star's eyes and out of no where a costume appeared. Jade trotted over to it, she was excited and scared. However when she saw it was amazed. There were boots that didn't go up too far, with string in the front. There was blue around where the string weaved through. There was black under that would press her body, a small hole for her tail. There were extensions that were grey and dark. A face mask that just covered around the eyes, also black, and a black cape. On the back of the cape in gold letters was Golden Heart.

"Wow. I-I don't know what to say. I remember this, we played pretend when we were fillies and, and-" Jade couldn't continue.

"I know you would remember this. I am glad you like it, but before you save ponies, you need to learn a little." She smiled. "I will teach you and be a bit of a sidekick since I will call you to the crime. Are you ready?" Star asked.

Jade felt the nausea returning, but soothed and took a deep breath. Her head was spinning, this one word was about to alter her life forever.

"I am."

Comments ( 1 )

3671852

Thanks, this is one of my older stories, but I will get right on that.

With the spelling errors, yeah I don't have a good spell check. 0~0

CMC will come in later more so, they have future plans in mind.

I am also researching Dialect from reading books from other professional authors. Like I am currently reading Storm Front by Jim Butcher. I also have been even searching while I writing to find good descriptive dialect words. I still have to fix up a lot of my older stories.

Anyways, thanks, this is much appreciated. :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment