• Published 30th Sep 2013
  • 2,043 Views, 43 Comments

Razgriz - Blake Skies



Over a thousand years ago, a great Evil came to Equis. Only with the help of an off worlder was the evil repelled. But at great cost. A thousand years later, the Evil returns. And so too does the Savior. (Not an Ace Combat Story)

  • ...
17
 43
 2,043

Chapter Eight: The Revolts

Chapter Eight:
The Revolts

“Riddle me this Ms. Sparkle,” I said as I paced around the library, “What would create a crater without an ejection debris field and without causing massive devastation to the land around it?”

“I’m not entirely sure,” Twilight answered.

“Moreover is something that would get a dragon interested in it?” Flash Sentry added.

“Let’s not forget the pool of silver, or the fact that the creature that attacked Ponyville came from that very crater.” I included, “There’s a connection here but I’m not sure what it could be.”

Spike shrugged, “Beats me.”

“Intuitive little Dragon,” Gidrah sneered.

“Honestly, if I saw a connection here I think we’d probably be looking into it,” Twilight sighed, “But right now it’s those dragon’s that concern me.”

“She’s right Dragon’s wouldn’t do anything without a reason.” Flash sighed.

I also sighed, “Good point, what are you gonna do?”

“I’ve got my guys on high alert and I’ve requested assistance from Canterlot. Hopefully they’ll arrive before any major attacks happen.” Flash told us.

“Do you think they’re will be?” Twilight asked.

No one really answered the comment.

I took a deep sigh, “If anything, vigilance is called for. If you’ll excuse me I gotta head back to my apartment for a bit, I have to go over everything that’s happened.”

“And prepare for dinner?” Twilight asked.

With all that had been going on I completely forgot that I had promised Twilight and Flash dinner tonight. I couldn’t back out now, especially since this dinner was the bottom end of a deal that had gotten me the ability to investigate the Everfree forest. I took a deep sigh; I guess I was going to have prepared for dinner.

“Exactly,” I said with a half-smile, “If you’ll excuse me.”

Before either can answer, I trotted out. As I headed back to my apartment, my mind was far from anything regarding dinner.

“Gidrah,” I said, “Correct me if I’m wrong, but Dragon’s in our world aren’t the greedy gold misers we make them out to be?”

“Most,” my mentor said appearing on my back, “Those who are can be few and far between. And even then, most would rather give their gold for noble causes.”

“So, what about the Dragon’s here?” I asked.

“Completely different story, most here are very greedy and very miserly.” Gidrah said, with a bit of disgust, “Of course this information was gained over a thousand years ago, but I doubt that it has changed.”

“From your read on them, would they commit to such an attack upon a town?” I asked.

“There could be any number of reasons.” Gidrah replied, “Greed, revenge, or even just for laughs all could be among them.”

“From your take on them, is it possible for outside influence to be a factor?” I imputed.

“Ah now there’s the X factor, because even in our world this remains a constant threat. Milord, if someone has enough will-power to do something, he or she can and will pull that trick off even if it means mind controlling beings of immense power.” Gidrah responded.

I gave him that point, “So mind control is in fact possible.”

“But not for Apocalypto,” Gidrah said, “He could only directly control creatures he creates. I was never aware of him taking over the mind of another.”

“Good point,” I said, “his style would always be to force others hands. So what’s this new chess piece entail?” Then I looked up at the clear blue sky and remembered that very fact…

…The one thing I would never discredit Equestria for is it beauty. Not just in the environment or design of cities, but in the days and nights. Even when clouds would make appearance, there was almost an artistic design to them. I knew that clouds in Equestria weren’t made naturally but rather artificially, and to whoever designed they should be congratulated.

That was one of the many things I was thinking about as I made my way around the Castle in Canterlot trying to pick up on any and all information. But like the many times I had done so before, most of the guards were completely tight lipped. However this time I had a way out. My conversation last night with one of the servers managed to get me one bit of tip-bit.

“If its information you need here,” she had told me, “Ask the help.”

So I made my way through the castle, I knew exactly where to go. It took a bit of looking, but soon enough I walked into the kitchen. The ponies inside were already busy making lunch for the castle. As I walked in, the commotion was light but thick and so I was barely noticed. Not wanting to push my luck, I rested my back against the wall out of the way. But a moment later one of the chiefs noticed me.

“Hey what are you doing here?” he asked.

“Nothing important,” I replied, “Just looking around the castle. Am I not supposed to be here?”

“Oh don’t mind him,” one of the waitress’s commented, “It’s not often that we get visitors.”

“And when we usually do, they’re usually complaining.” Another sighed.

“Are you here to complain?” the first waitress asked.

“I haven’t yet,” I answered.

“So then,” the chief asked, “What are you here for?”

“Information mostly, I heard that this’ll be the best place to gather that information.” I replied.

“Information, really that’s why you came to a kitchen?” the chief asked, “Couldn’t you have gotten it from the guards or maybe the princesses.”

“Oh come off it Sugar Joe, you know Luna keeps the Guards up half the night so they sleep during the day, and the princesses are nice but even they can’t tell you everything. State secrets and all,” another chief, a mare, answered.

“State secrets,” I asked, “What secrets?”

“Hey, that’s not what we do,” Sugar Joe retorted.

I twitched my lip, obviously running into a road block. I needed to find a way to get that wall out of my way. Quickly I remembered the best way to get cooks to talk.

“Alright, well I do actually have a complaint.” I smiled, “There ain’t enough variety in your menu.”

Sugar Joe stopped, as did the rest of the kitchen. He scoffed at me and said, “Well excuse us for not having any of the cuisine from your homeland.”

“I could teach you.” I smiled.

Sugar Joe looked at me, “Really?”

I nodded, “Yeah, I’ll teach you one of my particular favorites.”

The kitchen was silent for a moment.

“I need six hard boiled eggs and some mayonnaise, you got those things?” I asked.

Sugar Joe nodded and motioned for two other chiefs to get those things. Soon enough they arrived as I headed over to a sink to wash my hands. Once I got the hygiene part out of the picture, I inspected the eggs. The other ponies crowded around to watch with awe.

“Okay what I’m gonna teach you today is one of the easiest meals to make with eggs, it is called egg salad. First thing we do is remove the shell of the egg.” I said taking one egg and cracking the outer shell. After removing the outer shell, I turned to Sugar Joe, “Then we chop this thing up into small bite sized pieces.”

“But that won’t be enough to fill up everypony,” one of the onlookers commented.

“That’s why I got about five other eggs here to do.” I replied grabbing a knife. As fast as I could I cut the egg up into bite sized pieces, and then grabbed a mixing bowl to put them in. Soon enough I repeated the process to the other five eggs, “Okay now that’s done, you take a few spoon filled with mayo and mix it in.” I did that and then mixed in the mayo. After a few spins of the spoon in the bowl, the meal was almost ready, “And finally some salt and pepper to give it some extra flavor.” I said throwing in the spices, “And here we go!”

Sugar Joe took the spoon full of the stuff and took a bite. After chewing for a moment I could see his expression softened up.

“Alright, what do you want to know?” he asked.

With that, the kitchen went back to work. All the while they kept their ears trained to the conversation and were ready to jump in when they needed to.

I smiled and grabbed an apple from a nearby bowl, “A pegasus tried to assassinate Princess Celestia the other day.”

“Yeah, and that dark demon thing who calls himself Razgriz stopped her,” another chief answered.

“Razgriz isn’t my concern,” I told them, “I want to know why anyone would want to kill the Princess.”

Then Sugar Joe did something odd, “Hey Shimmer, get over here.”

A yellowish Pegasus walked up, her wings barely visible underneath her server attire. She had a dark reddish mane and dark blue eyes, but she also had a concerned look on her face. “Yes Chief Joe.” She asked her voice barely above a whisper.

I quickly recognized the waitress as the server I spoke to a few weeks ago. Sugar Joe quickly explained why he had called her over, “Starlight Shimmer here is one of the fifty Pegasi who work here in Canterlot’s Royal Castle. If you can call what she does work.”

“I wait the tables, clean the floors, and do the dishes,” she answered weekly.

“Sounds like a normal job,” I said flatly.

“Yeah, problem is, she gets merely seven percent of the pay the rest of us get. She isn’t allowed to live in the castle like the rest of us, and worst of all she gets none of the benefits we do if she gets injured or has family in trouble.” Sugar Joe responded.

I raised an eye brow, “Why is that? Are you a criminal or something?”

“Well, if you’d believe the Unicorns of Platinic she did. Her crime was being born a Pegasus.” Sugar Joe said before dismissing the Pegasus.

That hit me hard, so much so that I took a step back in shock. With a gasp I looked around the room at the faces. None were smiling; they all had an upset but hard expression on them.

“That can’t be.” I said softly.

“It’s true, despite all of Equestria’s claims at being a land of harmony in reality it is anything but.” One of the other chiefs responded, “The Unicorns run the show, despite what the princesses believe.”

“What do you mean Éclair; those two are wrapped around the courts finger. And the court is made up entirely of unicorns.” Another shouted.

“Why is that,” I asked, “What makes the unicorns special?”

I really didn’t need a hard answer to that question, as the moment it came out of my mouth I got my answer. But the answer came anyway.

“Magic,” Éclair answered, “Unicorns can control the magic of Equis, which puts them a step ahead of every pony else.”

“Then why don’t earth ponies get the same treatment?” I asked.

“We can cultivate the land better,” Sugar Joe answered.

“Okay that makes sense,” I answered, “But don’t Pegasi control something, I mean if what I read about Equestrian history is correct I thought Pegasi we’re excellent weather ponies.”

“Unicorn magic can control the weather,” Shimmer spoke up, “Not great, but enough.”

“So in a sense, they can do that better than Pegasi.” Sugar Joe answered.

“Okay but if these biases exist surely the princesses would do something about it?” I said.

“You would think, with Equestria being a monarchy.” Éclair answered, “But in actuality, those Alicorn sisters are just figure heads at the moment. When Lord Solaris and Lady Galaxia passed, the Royal Court obtained emergency power.”

“And they’d keep that power until the Princesses were ready to take their rightful places.” Sugar Joe finished.

“And they have yet to give it back,” I sighed. A story I had heard so many times before back home was starting to come together in my head. But there were still questions I need answering.

“Okay so now I know why that Pegasus would kill the Princess, she’s only the face of a larger organization. But that doesn’t explain what would force her hand. Surely even Pegasi would know what to do and what not to do.” I said.

“Funny being this human,” Sugar Joe answered.

“Have you ever been so desperate that you’d do anything to escape your living hell?” Éclair asked.

“Fair point,” I conceded, “But I wouldn’t kill the Princess.”

“You maybe, but that Pegasus and General Storm Guard would.” Éclair answered.

“Who,” I asked.

“The leader of us,” Shimmer responded.

“He’s been building his Pegasus forces for revolution.” Sugar Joe added, “And has been making ultimatums left and right for Pegasi equality. Thing is, if he don’t get it he will invade and burn Canterlot to the ground.”

“What about the ponies that live in Canterlot, from what I saw of the towns below that don’t look like privileged living.” I said.

Sugar Joe chuckled, “All the members of the Royal Court and their families live in the Castle dear human, no unicorn lives in the town below.”

“We all live in Platinic or Manehattan,” the other chief added.

I nodded as I started to piece together the framework of what exactly was going on. This information was fine in itself but it also was a key to my own investigation of the Silvers. Now I had a possible lead, this General Storm Guard could be the mastermind behind these creatures here in Equestria. But that still didn’t account for the one on Earth. Regardless, I finally had a name with a clear motive. I made a mental note to ask Princess Celestia for a chance to visit Cloudsdale and see this General.

But as fate would have it, that visit was going to happen much sooner than anticipated. Just as I turned to walk out of the kitchen, horns began blaring all over Canterlot.

“Hmm,” Sugar Joe hummed, “I guess some foreign dignitary has arrived.”

My ears however heard something different. I heard heavy and fast hoof falls from all around the palace. Hoof falls that weren’t running to dress positions, but to battle stations. Furthermore, a distant and much high pitched horn blared. The sound wasn’t traveling away from me, but rather to me. It was obvious someone was coming, and whoever it was, he or she wasn’t welcome.

“That’s no dignitary,” I whispered and left.

With a fast pace I ran away from the kitchen, ditching the apple in the nearest waste deposit. I ran through the halls to try and find a clear vantage point to the outside of the kingdom to see what in fact was going on. I rounded a bend and soon ran into Gidrah who was just getting back from his patrol. He remained his diminutive size to allow safe flight through the halls.

“Ah Milord how did your meeting with the kitchen staff go?” he asked me.

“Not now Gidrah what the hell is going on?” I asked.

“Well a large pegasus army has massed just outside the gates of Canterlot.” He told me, rather evenly.

“What,” I snapped, “I have to see this!”

Gidrah nodded, “Alright this way.”

He then took off down the hall and led me to a path leading to the outside ramparts. I soon caught sight of what Gidrah was talking about and walked in front of him in awe. His statement of a “Large Pegasus army” was completely underestimating the scale of this force. Two large forces with each two thousand strong were visible, one hovering in the air and the other on the ground around large trebuchets and catapults. Each Pegasus and sympathetic earth pony wore armor to cover them that looked thick enough to block even the sharpest of arrows. Furthermore, each had an expression set to kill.

“That’s an army built for one purpose: Destroy Canterlot.” I said.

“Indeed milord, I suggest we move to a safer location.” Gidrah said.

I spun on my heels and looked at the old Dragon, “Excuse me?”

“What we are witnessing right here is an internal Equestrian affair,” Gidrah explained, “Those ponies are clearly not paranormal by the definitions the Council has laid down, nor are they being aided by the Silvers we are here to investigate.”

I was about to protest when I caught wind of a loud exchange between the two armies.

“General Storm Guard, explain this behavior at once!” shouted Princess Celestia.

I spun back to see both Princess Celestia and Luna land near the front gate, surrounded by guards and dressed in their own armor. Celestia’s expression was stoic, but Luna’s was more readable: that of confusion. It was clear that neither princess were aware of the General’s ultimatums or this armies approach. I could also see a very smartly dressed unicorn general stand next to Celestia, probably the commander of the forces here in Canterlot.

“Do not feign ignorance Celestia,” shouted what I assumed to be the General. It turns out I was right, the dark blue coat with yellow, red, and black mane General floated out in front of his ground force to speak with the Princess directly. “I told you what would happen should you ignore my ultimatums. But I am no longer just here under some foolish threat of words, I stand here now to not only reclaim the dignity that is so rightfully ours and the equality YOU AND YOUR PARENTS promised all of Equestria, but to act as the pony who brings vengeance for your unprovoked attack upon Cloudsdale with your superweapons!” he shouted.

“Attack,” I said, “What attack?”

Celestia was equally off put, “I know not of this attack you speak, for I did not order it nor do either I or Princess Luna wish to see Cloudsdale come to harm!”

“Milady he clearly will not submit based upon your word.” I heard the general whisper.

“I have to try.” Celestia shot back.

“Milord, we must leave,” Gidrah said.

“Why,” I asked, “Because we’re not supposed to get involved is that it?”

“Yes, you of all people should know the danger you possess within you. A Demon Lord’s power far outclasses even the Archangels of God back on Earth and from what we’ve seen you may even be more powerful than the Alicorns themselves. Should you wish to take this land as your own; NO ONE will stop you.” He said sternly, “That is why the council put the Code in place to not allow…”

“They did put in Special Law One!” I snapped back.

“We spoke about that already and you are not going to enact that law!” Gidrah responded.

I turned back to look at the confrontation.

General Storm Cloud stood firm, “You have deceived us many times Celestia how I can be sure that you aren’t deceiving us now?”

“Milady, they will attack, diplomacy isn’t an option. By order of Lord Solaris those ponies out there are rebels!” the Canterlot Commander said.

“Rebel,” Luna walked up, “Thou are speaking to fellow Ponies: they are our brothers and sisters!”

“Bah, they lost that right when they decided to mass that army in protest!” The Commander snipped.

“Thou watch thy tongue or we shall take it!” Luna snapped.

“Milady Celestia, you command us, I remind you of your duty to the ponies here. Those Pegasi aren’t here to negotiate!” the commander shouted.

I watched the exchanged with boiling blood. I couldn’t just sit by and do nothing while war would engulf the land I’ve come to call my temporary home. Plus, what if Luna or Celestia got hurt, what if they were killed? I wouldn’t be able to live with myself or call myself a man of God if I did that.

“You’re damn right I will,” I seethed.

“Milord,” Gidrah snapped.

“Shove it Gidrah,” I shouted, “Those Pegasi have every right to be angry. They live in a lifestyle that makes Apartheid look civil and just!”

“That is their problem not ours, we were not brought here to uphold a revolution!” Gidrah continued.

“Who’s to say that, you, you barely even know who created the thing that indeed brought us here?” I pointed out.

“And what gives you the right to look upon this land and declare what they are doing here to be wrong? What law gives you that right?” Gidrah shot back, “Special Law One only rescinds the Code of the Demon Lords not common sense and morality! You are a man of God and the Law; if you get involved you will be endangering yourself, me, the princesses….”

“The Princesses are already in danger!” I shouted, “This entire planet is! That General out there may be connected to those Silvers or he may not be I don’t know! But I will be damned if I let a planet of Harmony destroy itself. And who knows maybe this is exactly what the real perpetrator behind those silvers wants, this world divided and killing each other so it’d be easier to rule!”

“He may also want you to get involved to distract you!” Gidrah shot back.

“Fair point but look there are risks in every step we take. You and my Predecessor Godriech told me that Demon Lords are meant to be guiders, and I told you that I can’t guide my people if I hide in the shadows. This land is dying and it is about to light itself ablaze before anyone has a chance to heal it! Now I have that chance and if it means enacting Special Law number One than I will do that!” I told Gidrah.

Gidrah sighed and looked back out at the two armies still staring each other down. Despite Princess Celestia’s pleas for peace, both sides had their arrows and heavier weapons ready to fire. It was clear that what the Princesses want was second to what was going to happen: War. Gidrah also looked around at the land they were fighting on. I still don’t know what he saw that prompted his next line, but I’m glad he saw it.

Gidrah swallowed, “If you do this Milord, you need to promise me right here and now that you will not go overboard. You will not try to seek power nor will you impress or promote your views on anyone. You may mediate but nothing more.”

“And should that fail me,” I asked.

“If force is required, so be it. There are somethings in the world that even I can’t control.” he said.

I smiled, “If I step out of line, pull me back immediately.”

“Agreed,” he smiled back, “So what are we going to do?”

I turned around, “Exactly what you said, mediate. But if that doesn’t work, I’ll take care of the forces on the ground can you handle the fliers?”

“Of course milord,” he nodded.

“And remember, don’t kill any of them. I may be rescinding the code by not the commandments.” I said.

Gidrah nodded and then took off into the sky. I took a big breath of air and quickly dematerialized.

Meanwhile down below at the brewing battle, General Storm Guard had had enough. “This parlay is meaningless Celestia, you and your court wanted a war with the Pegasi and so here it is! Mares and Colts of Cloudsdale, my brothers and sisters, it is time for us to reclaim what was rightfully ours!” he said slowly ascending into the sky, “Prepare to…”

But before he could give the order, Gidrah swooped in with a loud roar. He flew at full speed towards the gap between Canterlot and the Army of Cloudsdale. Once he got just feet off the ground, he lit his flame and creates a line of fire in the grass. The flames cut the break in half and had smoke high enough to obscure the archers of Canterlot. Gidrah’s sudden appearance forces General Storm Guard back on to the ground, and his aerial Pegasi to drop a few feet in altitude.

But the line was only meant to stall nothing more, for with a gust of wind it quickly extinguished itself. Well okay it didn’t do it because of the wind, I kinda needed the fires to help rematerialize. I appeared, still in human form, standing just where the line was right in front of the gate. My eyes, though still my human blue, were locked on General Storm Guard with a stone cold stare.

My appearance caused everyone to mutter.

“What is that?”

“What’s it doing?”

“Where did it come from?”

“How did he get out of the castle?”

Celestia stood in stunned silence, finally breaking face to displace clearly her shocked and horror to see me standing in full view of both armies.

Luna was even more horrified than Celestia, “MIKE WHAT ART THOU DOING GET OUT OF THERE!”

But I ignored her comment as I stared down the army. The heat from the fire line was still strong and helping me build up my energy. Plus the sun was shining strong too, so I knew I had a good supply once this line was depleted.

General Guard looked at me with a mixture of shock and amusement, “Well if it isn’t the human I have heard so much about. What would your favorite new plaything be doing outside of his kennel Celestia?”

I ignored the comment. “You cannot bring your army any further General. I won’t allow it.” I said stoically.

The General and many of the Pegasi burst out in laughter. The Canterlot guards looked at each other in confusion. Celestia and Luna could hardly believe what they were seeing.

The General composed himself, “Oh now isn’t that cute, he thinks he can stand up to us. Are we supposed to be afraid of this one alien?”

“Actually,” I smirked, “You should be.”

The General stop smirking.

“Now you clearly have a grievance, and one that is warranted. Princess Celestia is willing to hear you out but only if you order your force to stand down and leave peacefully. And if you do, I’ll get out of your way and no one gets hurt.” I told him.

“What gives you the right?” the General sneered through his teeth, “Do you really think I or any of my brothers or sisters will bend our knees to our captors and grovel? I never have and I never will.” He then turned to one of his bowman, “Dispose of him.”

Without being told twice, one of the archers fired her arrow straight at me. A loud collective gasp came from behind me and I was sure I heard Luna scream. I saw the arrow fly at me and instantly my powers took over. The world slowed down allowing me to size up the situation. It was a wooden arrow but very well made, and it was coming at me pretty fast. Still, my Angelic reaction time gave me more than enough opportunity to catch the arrow. And I did, just inches from it piercing me between the eyes.

I held it there for a second to allow the spectacle to sink in. It may have been a bold and shameless display yes, but I wanted to make sure that if the Silver maker was watching, he knew whom he was dealing with. After holding the arrow for a few minutes I set it on fire and threw it away, the arrow became dust before it hit the ground.

More gasps of astonishment and surprise came from both sides. I shook my hand for a moment before reaching for my pocket.

“Okay seeing as how you won’t listen to diplomacy, I guess we’re going to have to resort to much more, forceful measures. But just remember,” I said still smirking, “I warned you.”

I reached into my pocket and pulled out my coin. Flipping it into the air high above me, I caught it just as its fall put it level with my face with my right hand. I then raised and extended my left arm forward and placed the coin on the pentagram I had on my left shoulder. All while this was happening, my blue eyes turned blood red.

“The fire burns red, the fire burns bright. All of my enemies shall be vanquished tonight!” I chanted.

I pressed the coin into the star and began my transformation. Quickly the column of fire enveloped me with a roar that shook the heavens. The ponies watching the spectacle gaped in stunned horror as I transformed, many of the Pegasi lowered their weapons in fear and some began to shake. Princess Celestia’s and Luna’s eyes nearly popped out of their heads as they looked.

Within no time at all my power was unleashed and I stood before the army in my Demon Lord Armor. I ignited my fire sword and held it at the ready. Instantly the General’s expression went from shocked to horror to sheer anger as he looked upon me. I got it then that he had heard of my counterpart. My message was received.

“Kill him!” he shouted.

Again more archers raised their arrows towards me. But this time I wasn’t going to let them fire. I spread my legs apart and crouched into my battle stance, charging up my first attack. Then like a flash of light I attacked, charging the army at speeds well above the sound barrier. I flew past the General and into the crowd of ponies.

Not until I was deep within the ranks of the Pegasi did I make my first strike. Sending all of my energy into my sword, I impaled the blade into the ground. The energy erupted from my fire sword and propelled any pony within five feet into the air.

All this happened so fast that many were completely caught off guard. Those that recovered quickly from the shock, charged me with blades and bows drawn. I pulled my sword out of the ground and slashed at the first two Pegasi to reach.

The blade barely touched them, but the contact it made zapped the ponies of their body heat for a fraction of a second and the intense heat coming off my blade robbed them of air; rendering them unconscious. With another slash of my sword, I took out a group of archers that tried to fire at me.

An Earth pony jumped at me from my left, his sword ready to cut me. Ducking underneath him, I elbowed his belly knocking the wind out of him. As he fell to the ground, I charged a group of sword wielding ponies. Two slashes from my fireblade cut their swords apart, and then with a quick blast of fire, they were down. I spun around and grabbed a pony by her tail and swung her around, smashing her into a few of her comrades.

A Pegasus leapt onto my back and tried to wrestle my cape over my face. But I was quick, unclasping the thing and detaching it. The cape quickly turned to smoke and the Pegasus fell to the ground, where a jab to her face put her out of co1mmission. I swung around again and spotted several ponies trying to get their trebuchets to fire at me.

Gidrah however was all over it. The dragon swooped in from the sky and breathed a torrent of fire upon all the large machines the Pegasi had brought with them. However the fire only burned the wooden structures, giving the earth ponies on them ample time to get off. This made me smile, because now I had less to destroy and less chances to kill anyone.

I returned to the attack, charging my way through battalion after battalion of Pegasi and Earth ponies. They put up some fight, some even getting some good swings at me with their swords, but I plowed through them with ease. Gidrah meanwhile dispatched with the rest of the airborne Pegasi in quick order. Soon enough I managed to work my way back to the main officer core.

Yet once again, a cloud of arrows rushed me. Apparently I had forgotten about a rather large group of bowmen, err bow-ponies, which had managed to detach themselves from the main army. A quick blast of fire vaporized most of the arrows, but not all of them. Six to be exact, four of them cut up my arms and shoulders, and the other two impacted my right forearm.

“Ah dammit,” I shouted in pain.

Wincing in pain, I pulled both arrows out of me and melted the metal into my bloodstream so I could use it. Instantly General Storm Guard rushed me flaying his sword trying to cut me up. I was hurt yes, but not out of commission. I raised my blade to block. His attacks came like a fierce storm striking upon a town, a wonder how he got the name Storm Guard but whatever, and moved with a quickness I was not used to.

“Ah you’re good.” I said as I tried to block each strike.

“And you aren’t as strong as you seem.” He responded.

His attacks kept me off balance, and the fact that his remaining forces also charged in made for overwhelming odds. But fire, unlike water, is a fierce thing. It does not wait, withering down its opponent until it breaks; fire takes the first opportunity it sees and attacks. My opening came when the General over extended himself.

“Actually, I’m holding back.” I grimaced.

I ducked in under his attack and found that the other ponies were waiting for him to finish before they rushed in. Rolling underneath him, I blasted an Earth Pony right off her hooves. Instantly forming my fire chain, I whipped it around a Pegasi and used him as a mace to beat another; three down, with five to go. Bringing my chain whip back I used it to whip another pony so hard she flung back. Extinguishing my chain, my ears caught the flutter of another arrow and I kicked it away. The bowman was already lining up his next shot but I wasn’t going to have any of it. Sending a fireball his way, I put the final bowman out of commission.

Five down, and three to go; Gidrah helped with the final two before the General. He came in and picked up both Pegasi with his feet before literally throwing them back onto the ground from a few hundred feet up. I actually still wonder why they didn’t use their wings to stop the fall, but the fog of war can do interesting things. Standing alone, General Storm Cloud attacked.

But by this point, anyone and everyone knew the battle was over. I positioned myself into my batting stance and waited for the Pegasi to charge. I didn’t wait long. Soon the General was in the zone.

“Home run strike,” I shouted and swung.

The impact sent the General flying back from what was once the front of his ranks way towards the back of his ranks. He landed hard, knocking a lot of the wind out of him.

With the battle over, I took a look at my surroundings. The army that was once formed to raise Canterlot to the Ground now lay upon that very ground outside Canterlot. Most we’re hurt, some badly, but they all would pull through. But the General, of course, didn’t know that.

He bravely struggled to his feet as I approached him, blade ready. All around us a soft haze coated the battlefield, remnants of my fire attacks.

“I’ll give you this,” I said as I approached him, “You’re persistent. I wonder if it’s a common trait here that Pegasi don’t know when to quit.”

The General stood his ground for a moment before collapsing to the ground in pain, “Well then, what of you alien? Will you finish me off or continue and gloat like the regal puppet you are.”

I put my boot on his body pretty firmly pressing down and glaring into his eyes. The general squirmed underneath me as I pressed down. I leaned in towards him.

“You’re angry, I get that. From what I’ve learned from your kind second-hand, you have every right to be here in protest. And if we were back on my home world I would’ve let this protest continue uninterrupted.” I said, sticking my blade into the ground close to his head.

“And what gives you the right to justify stopping us! You said it yourself, you have not seen firsthand the humiliation we Pegasi endure!” the General spat back.

“Do not miss-judge me; I am sympathetic to your plight. Where I draw the line is when you bring this army to force your freedom with violence. And when you commit yourself to these acts, you only breed more violence. It will continue to spiral on and on until your cause is washed away under a torrent of blood.” I said, “And history will not remember why, just the fact of its occurrence.”

The General coughed, “So then what are you alien, some kind of peace keeper?”

“Hardly,” I hissed, “I stop crime. And I’m about to stop a crime on this planet.”

I plucked my blade out of the ground. To the General and the onlookers on the Canterlot wall, it looked like I was about to strike him down. But instead I turned around. Walking back towards the wall, my cape reappeared and began to flutter in the gust of wind. Gidrah shrunk in size and came to rest on my shoulder.

“I hope you know what you’re doing milord.” He said.

“That makes two of us,” I whispered back.

Just before I approached the gate, the archers and guardsmen of Canterlot raised their weapons against me. Celestia had now gotten over her shock, outwardly at least, and gazed upon me like I was a threat about to target her. But I could see within her eyes that an almost wondrous admiration, almost like a high school girl watching her crush be awesome. Luna meanwhile was more outward of her emotions; she was still stunned and confused.

But those types of emotions were not within me, I portrayed a cold demeanor that hid my concern. If this failed, a lot more ponies were gonna be lying down in pain.

I raised my free hand up and pointed at the wounded army, “These Pegasi need medical attention. You will open the gate and send out your healers to treat your brothers and sisters.”

“And what makes you think we will accept those terms?” The Captain General shot back in a pompous tone, “Those….Pegasi….are rebels and traitors. And the Earth ponies that lay with them are no better.”

“Those ponies are here to protest the harsh and humiliating living conditions you submit them to!” I shouted back, “They have every right to be here and are well within the merits of logic to be angry! You are all Equestrian Ponies and as such you share the same blood and breathe the same air. As such they are your brothers and sisters and it is your duty to help them!”

“We will not aid those whom betray the crown!” The Captain General snapped, “Your Highness this is absurd. We cannot allow this…outsider….to dictate to us let alone lower our defenses to rabble!”

“Commander,” I said, “Need I remind you that those ponies outnumbered your defense force and I whipped the floor with them. If you plan to stand against me, you will fail.” Then I took a step forward to address Celestia personally, “Princess, you told me once that this was a planet of Harmony. Well, I have yet to see it, why don’t you prove it to me by providing these ponies a fundamental element of harmony: Friendship?!”

Celestia’s lip twitched for a bit. Luna took a step back from the gate and her head vanished from my sight for a moment. No one said a word, though the mournful groans of the injured ponies. Then after a moment, I saw Celestia turn her head in Luna’s direction.

A few moments later Celestia turned to the Captain General, “Open the gate Captain General.”

“Princess,” he gasped, “You can’t be serious!”

“Open the Gate Captain General Shield, by order of us, Celestia Princess of Equestria and Controller of the Sun!” Celestia repeated looking back at me.

The General scowled, “The Archduke will have serious…”

“THE ARCHDUKE DOES NOT COMMAND EQUESTRIA, I DO!” Celestia snapped, spinning her whole body to glare at the Unicorn with fierceness, “Now Open the gate or I will relieve you of command.”

In her eyes, I could tell she meant what she said. But I also saw something else, something I did not expect: Fear.

That was all the Captain General needed and he turned, “Open the gate! Send out our healing ponies!”

My heart swelled when I heard that, and even more so when the gates open.

“I shall coordinate the relief efforts milord.” Gidrah said, “It seems you have some explaining to do.”

I wanted to berate him, but Celestia cut me off. “So, mister outsider, who exactly are you?” She asked, with a mixture of wonder and caution.

“My name is Lord Jamantie, and I am a Demon Lord.” I responded…


…My memory was shattered when a deafening roar shook the town. It didn’t take long for either Gidrah or me to figure out the culprit. Or rather culprits, as a large flock of Dragons flew in from the blue sky above and attacked. Many had teeth bared, wings flared, and some were already setting buildings up in flames. In a heartbeat, the peaceful day at Ponyville was shattered.

“Well that’s certainly something.” I said looking up at the attack.

“Why does this always happen upon the best days,” Gidrah sighed.

“God must really have a sense of humor wherever I go.” I nodded.

With a deep sigh, I ran off into a nearby alley and took off my bracelet. As I did so the commotion of the town came into my ears. All around me, once again ponies ran for cover. But unlike last time, there was nowhere else to go.

“Dragons,” I heard someone shout, “Dragons everywhere!”

“Why, why are they here!?”

“Forget about that run for cover!”

“Cover? What cover? They’re torching everything.”

Then I heard Flash Sentry shout to one of his colts, “Where are the reinforcements?”

“They’re about to arrive.” I whispered as I returned to human form. I pulled out my power coin as Gidrah popped out of me.

“I’ll deal with the Dragons above milord, give you more time.” Gidrah said.

“Be careful Gidrah, they may not be able to tell the difference between you and the attackers.” I said.

“Noted milord I will try to be.” He shouted as he took off.

The moment he was airborne and full size, a large blue scaled Dragon roared at him something I couldn’t make out, though I will say it made Gidrah respond in a way that I won’t repeat. The Dragon roared and flew towards his elder, but Gidrah bore out his front claws and ripped two massive gashes into the Dragon’s wings. It landed in a street on its head, knocking it out.

“Try to keep the collateral damage to a minimum Gidrah!” I shouted placing the coin on my shoulder.

“Milord these are Dragons, large beasts. Either way there is going to be collateral damage.” Gidrah responded as he flew off to deal with another dragon.

“Eh good point,” I conceded.

I pressed the coin upon my shoulder.

“The fire burns red, the fire burns bright. All of my enemies shall be vanquished tonight!” I chanted.

The pillar of fire surrounded me and I transformed into Razgriz. A red dragon spotted my transformation and flew over just as the pillar vanished. I looked at it as he came screaming in mouth open and fire brewing. Before I could flinch he sent a torrent of fire right at me. The initial gust of wind made my cape stick out sideways and then I was engulfed within the fire.

Absorbing the heat to give me an extra boost, I charged through the torrent of fire and popped out in front of the dragon. He instantly stopped his attack and looked at me with a shocked face.

“That wasn’t very nice.” I said as I sent a flaming fist into his nose.

The impact stunned the dragon and allowed me to grab it by one of its spines and throw it to the ground. Touching back down on the ground another dragon came my way. As it flew overhead, I created my fire chain and swung it towards him. It wrapped around the creatures left hind leg, allowing me to pull him out of the sky. The dragon fought every second of it before spinning around to see me pulling. Rage filled his eyes as his looked upon me.

With a swoop of his tail, he knocked me off my feet. But I never let go of the chain. Instead I wrapped some of the chain around my hand and took a firm grip. Holstering my blade, I grabbed another handful of the chain and held on. All around me, Dragons were still harassing the town.

I had to work fast, but I still had to incapacitate this dragon. My chance came faster than I hoped. Another Dragon, seeing his friend’s plight, raced in. The chained dragon decided at that point to start dragging me along the ground, hoping to knock me off. But that actually worked to my advantage, as it allowed me to get my feet underneath me. Once I was fully upright, I yanked even harder on the chain. Using my full strength, the dragon stood no chance.

I pulled him off his feet and then leapt into the air. The chain managed to drag the creature air borne. Once he was high enough off the ground I swung the dragon over my shoulder and into his approaching friend. The impact knocked the two of them out and forcing them to land on an empty street. As I fell back towards the ground, I began to spread my arms and legs out to slow my fall. And almost on que, I was swept up but what I thought was Gidrah.

However when my senses came to, I found I was on the back of the Rainbow Pegasus. “Hey, you’re not my dragon!” I said.

“Ow, hey what are you doing!?” she snapped, stuttering in her flight.

But before either of us could comment further, a greyish dragon came charging right at us. Grabbing ahold of the Pegasus’s mane, I rolled her to the side so we wouldn’t get hit. Thankfully this one responded the way I wanted to and we both did a roll to get away from the creature. After recovering the Pegasi came to a complete stop.

“Sorry about that.” I said.

“Are you kidding? That was awesome!” she responded gleefully.

“Well at least one of us thought that.” I grimaced as she hovered in the air. Then our attention was drawn back to the battle over Ponyville.

The five other ponies I had seen when the Razor first attacked, including Shining Armor and his squad, were fighting other Dragons around the town. It was then I got a complete stock of how many there were. About fifteen total, including the four I had taken out and Gidrah, so that meant it was a good size force to cause chaos and destruction.

The grey dragon that we eluded before spun around and came charging at us. I turned to the rainbow Pegasi I was riding.

“Well, up for some more awesome miss…?” I asked.

“Rainbow Dash, and are you kidding I live for awesome!” she responded.

“Really, that’s your name?” I asked, “Sounds kinda cool.”

Rainbow Dash beamed and I swore that she squealed with enjoyment before I took hold of her mane again. With a swift, yet gentle, kick to the sides the two of us raced off towards the dragon. I’ll give this Pegasus this; she was faster than Gidrah, and Gidrah regularly broke the sound barrier. The dragon quickly closed on us, evidently surprised at our closing speed.

I drew my blade out and prepared myself for an attack. With a quick strike I slashed at the dragon’s nose. Drawing a small amount of blood, Dash managed to avoid the Dragon’s counter attack and swung around to kick the creature in the back before I could protest.

“Ha take that!” she gloated.

“Focus Miss Dash, we still have more enemies out.” I said.

I kicked her over and we began charging another, yellowish green Dragon. But then a squeal took our ears. It was the Yellow earth pony who was suddenly caught in the claws of a big black dragon.

“Applejack,” Rainbow Dash screamed, “I’ve got to help her.”

“Alright go on my mark.” I said leaning towards the yellow dragon. Inside I counted backwards from five. Once I reached one I screamed, “Go!”

Leaping from Dash, I soared through the sky towards the dragon. Channeling my energy into the blade, I brought it down onto the dragon’s neck. When the blade hit the dragon, the shock of the impact instantly put the creature out of action. Two more Dragons appeared just behind the creature.

Flying over the unconscious yellow dragon, I grabbed its wing. Using my strength I tossed the creature into the other two. But before I could see the results of my attack, a fourth dragon came at me fire already spewing from its breath. Putting my hands up to cover my face, gravity managed to move me out of the way of the attack.

But it also put me into the roof of a Ponyville house. Slamming through the seemingly strong straw roof, I landed hard onto a wooden floor. A mint green unicorn and a yellowish gray earth pony with pink and blue hair held each other in what I quickly discovered was a bedroom. Both of them looked at me with fear in their eyes as I climbed to my feet.

“Oh pardon me,” I grimaced, “Hope I’m not interrupting.”

Just then the Dragon that tried to burn me appeared over the house. It roared at me with ferocity and made the unicorn scream. I looked around and found a table lying on its side, obviously because of my entrance.

“Excuse me ladies but I need to borrow this.” I said grabbing the table.

Before either could react, I threw the table right at the dragon. It hit with such force the table actually splintered right across the dragon’s snout. But I knew it would take more than that to knock this monster out. I leapt out at the creature; however I was met with a claw striking my entire body.

Enraged at my table throwing, the dragon had recovered fast enough to swat me out of the air. Flying like a rag doll down the alley I tried to recover. But my equilibrium came too late. I bounced along the ground several times before slamming my blade into the ground and sliding to a stop. I jumped to my feet just as the dragon crashed into the alley and sent a torrent of fire my way. The blast was powerful, and if I tried to absorb the attack it would probably cook me alive.

So I swung my arm in a circle in front of me and formed my shield. When the blast hit it hit with the force of a freight train, and yes I was hit by a freight train it’s a long story but sufficient to say the saying lives up to its merit. Nearly collapsing to a knee as I tried to weather the attack, I fought against the blast with all my might.

“Tough son of a gun!” I shouted through grunts.

Then salvation came. The Dragon grew more frustrated and stopped its attack and took to the air. But before it could come at me a burgundy dragon crashed into it.

“Excuse me sir, but that’s my rider!” Gidrah shouted as he grabbed the dragon and then sunk his teeth into its neck.

The dragon screamed for a moment as Gidrah held its windpipe. A few seconds later the Dragon passed out and Gidrah let it fall. It was hurt and unconscious, but dragons are extremely durable creatures so it was going to make it okay.

I was grateful at my mentor’s arrival, but still felt a little snarky. “Well you took your time.” I said.

“Excuse me milord, but would you like him to be woken up?” Gidrah responded.

Just then a massive roar caught our attention.

“Looks like the Dragon king arrived.” He said.

“The Dragon what?” I asked.

“From what I gathered, it’s their leader.” he told me.

“You spoke to them?” I asked. Before he could answer, I answered for him, “Oh wait yes you can cuz you’re a dragon. Well did you at least get a reason for this attack?”

“Something about a volcano,” Gidrah responded, “But nothing specific.”

“Right, let’s get back in there.” I nodded.

Agreeing, Gidrah flapped his wings and tore through the ally with his leash chain hanging down. I grabbed the chain as he passed and was propelled into the air. As we flew back into the battle over Ponyville I caught wind of the situation. Flash Sentry was leading his squad of five ponies on a direct attack of the dragons while Twilight’s friends were now helping with evacuation.

Soaring overhead however was a new problem. A rather large, black dragon with eyes bathed in fire swooped out of the blue sky towards the town. The dragon had large mass and equally large wings. It looked old, older than Gidrah and had extremely sharp ridges on its back. This made the dragon look impressive, especially if this was the King Dragon Gidrah spoke of.

“That him?” I asked.

“Yup,” Gidrah responded.

As if to prove a point, the king dragon attacked. With one mighty heave it sent a puff of green fire towards the city. Like a napalm bomb impacting its target, the ball of fire hit the ground and spreads out setting several buildings alight. And from what I could feel, the fire was extremely intense.

“Okay, that’s something different.” I said, “Come on let’s put this one out of business. Maybe then we can end this foolishness.”

Before we could charge into battle, a flash of purple nearly blinded us. When my vision returned I was amazed with what I saw. A large pillar of purple, white, and light blue energy slammed into the king dragon, pushing it back up into the air. The energy was so intensity I could feel my hair stand up inside my helmet. Gidrah came to a complete stop midflight as he and I watched in awe.

The king dragon fought against the pillar for a moment but it became clear that it was completely over matched. Then further adding to my amazement, the pillar grew tentacles that shot out from it and impacted the seven dragons still in the air. Gidrah was thankfully missed, but even he was stunned at the sight. My eyes followed the pillar down to its origin. There was Twilight Sparkle, struggling and straining to keep the spell going.

When the spell flashed again, I turned my attention back to the dragons. The King Dragon was sent hurtling away at supersonic speeds into the sky, while the rest of the dragons simply fell to the ground, energy exhausted. In one quick swoop, Twilight Sparkle had ended the battle.

“Amazing, I don’t think even the princesses could put a spell like that together.” I said.

“Milord we may never get an opportunity like this again.” Gidrah commented.

“Right,” I said.

Gidrah swooped down towards a smaller dragon struggling to get back on its feet. I leapt off Gidrah and landed on the ground. Quickly I chained up the Dragon’s wings and forced it onto the ground. Grabbing it by the neck, I looked down upon the wounded creature.

“Explain yourself, now.” I said.

The dragon growled.

“He says that he has nothing to say to you milord.” Gidrah translated.

I squeezed my hand and the dragon struggled, “Not the answer I want to hear, why you attacked Ponyville?”

The Dragon struggled but managed to growl out an answer.

“He says it was payback. Apparently a pony here caused a volcano they were resting in to erupt prematurely. Many of their young were severely hurt or killed. This was the Dragon kingdoms retaliation.” Gidrah translated.

I looked back at Gidrah, “I thought you said Dragon’s didn’t particularly care about each other. Let alone have a kingdom.”

“Apparently a reformation was made in our absence.” Gidrah murmured, “Anyway, he says the pony had a creature of silver with him.”

That statement made me turn back towards the dragon, “This Silver, what did it look like?”

Gidrah paused for a moment as the Dragon responded, “It was a Silver Razor milord.”

I grit my teeth and snarled at the dragon. It was my best dragon tongue for “Thank You” before I jabbed my elbow into its face knocking it out. Taking a deep sigh I collected my thoughts for a moment. It seemed like Apocalypto was making his move.

“Gidrah,” I said, “It’s just like before.”

“Indeed milord, we must be very vigilant.” Gidrah responded.

“Right, if we miss something, it could mean genocide.” I said.

Author's Note:

Bit of side trivia on this story, i was originally going to contact Fluttershy20 and ask him if i could include Razgriz in the same, or Alternate, Universe as his legendarly awesome epic Last of the Dragonlords. Why? because it is awesome and epic and probably the most creative story i've read on here not penned by Pennstroke. However this chapter fell WAY behind schedule and i soon felt that i needed to get this chapter out and stop making all of you wait. So i decided not to do that and made that ending an obscure reference that i know have spoiled. But fuck it this chapter took FOREVER to write so i'm going to be petty and promotional. Also Fluttershy20 is awesome end of story.

News update though, the next chapter might take a bit longer than this one. So in response i have officially declared this Chapter to be the end of ACT ONE: SHADOWS OF THE PAST.

Comments ( 9 )

It returns. Needs typos fixed, but other than that, glad a new chapter finally came out.

Rhahahahahaha...

Love the story very interesting.

6601472 just wait to you get to the fight sequences and the deeper lore of the demon lords

Well.. a fav from me. Good job so far with the story.

The Ghosts of Razgriz shall avenge Chopper! I still get chills thinking about that.

7437023 it's something british officers do when addressing the queen

is this story dead

More chapters please :twilightsmile:

9359253
maybe soon, i'm working on other projects atm

Login or register to comment