• Published 30th Jan 2015
  • 23,841 Views, 1,841 Comments

The Slumber of Gaia - Khenlos



Gaia, an alicorn from another world, is convinced to take a break and go to Equestria so she can relax in that peacful land. But what can she do after seeing an entire planet grow from the very beginning?

  • ...
50
 1,841
 23,841

Out of the Blue

"...so I just walked in and asked for some cashews and the poor thing just fainted! They thought that it was some delicacy for me and I always find like a ton of them in shrines and where I use to rest ever since. I'm even the official cashew sampler!" I said to little Blue as we were resting in some kind of coffee shop.

We've been walking around many pretty streets with buildings made as white as the castle itself. Many ponies went on their lives or tried to as almost all of them stopped to see me, usually with surprised expressions. I had to let Blue down before going to some art museum so I was a little sad. I was having a wave of nostalgia by just holding him with my wing. I knew that he was al grown up, but he was still smaller than my son...

"That is... interesting, Gaia. I am sure they were delighted to have you as their sampler." Blueblood said with an even voice. He was just trying to look disinterested, but I know he was enjoying this. He even dropped the 'princess' thing!

"Of course they were. They were always delighted by anything related to me. It was a little tiring, but I knew the were just being polite to me." I said with a small smile. They were just unable to see my mistakes or wrongdoings...

"It is the least they can do. An alicorn is above the common folk by definition. Every alicorn in Equestria holds incredible powers so they can carry their duties, a work that is usually vital for our world. Gratitude and respect towards them are to be expected." Blueblood said as he sipped on his coffee.

"But I don't want that for little old me, little Blue. I am happy to just be myself and see others being themselves too. Masks are worn in plays, not in life." I told him as I ate one of the cookies served with the coffee. These ponies love sweet things, and I think I do now too! My, you can't just eat one!

"One must learn to act in front of some ponies. That is the way of politics and society, Gaia... Would you please stop doing that?" He said as he sighed.

"Boin bwa?" I asked as best as I could with my mouth stuffed with cookies.

"That! It is improper for a lady to eat like a pig. You need to pick your food in small portions, and eat it in silence with your mouth closed." He explained to me as he levitated a cookie and took a small bite. Ah... I see...

"But that's just too slow.... and you can't taste the food with such small bites!" I told him with a giggle, making him grumble.

"It is not about tasting food, it is about appearances and looks. A lady needs to show her elegance and beauty, show that she is like a rose! A beautiful look supported by a strong stem with thorns to protect herself." He said as he nodded to himself. "Strong yet beautiful."

"I'm not like that, little Blue. You can't expect me to fit in that role of your silly social game!" I said to him as I laughed.

"But you are an alicorn! You need to be very example of a perfect mare, like my aunties!" He replied with conviction.

"But I'm not like a rose, dear. Someone very wise said long ago that I was like water." I simply said to him with a smile. He looked at me confused.

"Water? How so?" He asked with curiosity.

"I flow with the world, and wherever I go I adapt and immerse myself to learn and experience the many wonders that the world has to offer. Like water, I can nurture and help to grow from plants to entire cities... and like water I can appear as a devastating storm." I explained to him as I drank the coffee. Next time will ask for juice, coffee tastes horrible. Blueblood seemed to think about my words, frowning and moving his lips without making any sound.

"I cannot picture you doing harm to other creatures, Gaia." He said to me with seriousness. I smiled sadly at him.

"No one is perfect, little Blue" I simply replied as I looked around the busy street. So many ponies...

"I think an apology is in order..." Blueblood suddenly said.

"Oh?" I asked with curiosity. He sighed and looked at the ground.

"I have been judgmental to you and the first time I saw you I said very rude things to you... I do not know why but I have been thinking about my actions lately and I find myself ashamed of my behavior." He confessed as he looked around. "Seeing you so full of life and happiness is such a refreshing sight in a world where I find myself inside a cage of rules and norms that restrict me..." He said with sadness. Ah... I knew what was happening.

I had an effect on the creatures that are in my presence for long periods of time. I don't know why or how but the longer a creature is near me the more compelled it feels to show their true nature... and that was was happening to poor Blue. I turned his head towards me with my wing so he was looking to my eyes and smiled at him.

"You are a good pony Blueblood. You don't have to apologize about that. Don't worry about petty things and let us just enjoy this day at its fullest. What do you say?" I asked him with a wide smile. He managed to pull a small one himself after a bit.

"That is a request I find myself happy to comply." He replied with that tiny smile of his. I made him smile! Yes!

"Let's go then, there is still much to see!" I told him with a giggle as I stood up and got ready to go.

"Of course, let us-" Blueblood tried to say before he was interrupted by an annoying voice.

"Prince Blueblood, is that you?" a stallion with a neatly styled dark mane and pale blue coat said.He also wore small glasses and a suit. At his side was a mare with pale yellow coat and a blue and white mine also styled in a refined hairdo.

"Upper Crust, Jet Set... it is a pleasure to see you." Blueblood said with a tense voice.

"We did not know that you had a love affair your highness..." Said the mare known as Upper Crust.

"We are not an item, Upper Crust. This here is Princess Gaia, a foreign ruler. Gaia, these are Jet Set and Upper Crust, of the nobility of Canterlot." Blueblood explained. I waved to them with a smile.

"Hello!" I simply said, making them cringe. I looked at my hoof and saw that it was a bit dirty with cookie crumbles. Hm... cookies...

"I see... We will be on our way then your highness. We do not want to bother you and your special friend." Jet Set said with disdain before leaving us alone. Blueblood stomped his hoof on the table.

"How dare they? I will show those social leeches... Yes... of course!" He said as he looked at me with determination. "Say Gaia... I want to show you a very nice place..." Blueblood said with a somewhat creepy smile... I wonder what he has in mind!

"I love nice places. Lead the way!" I replied happily.


"They are late! Blueblood is never late!" Twilight said as she looked nervously around the throne room, already filled with delegates of several countries. The dragons were the only ones that were not present, but they are like Gaia and just live at their own pace.

"Be calm, Twilight Sparkle. I am sure our nephew will not try our patience after this morning." Luna said as she looked at the zebra ambassadors as they talked among themselves.

"Hear my sister's words, Twilight. They still have a couple of minutes." Celestia calmly said as she watched how everyone was nervous but excited. Twilight sighed and tried to relax.

"I wanted to ask Gaia about the planet. Pinkie and Rainbow Dash invited me to a small 'Congratulations for your New Planet" party and when we came back the sea was filled with microbes! And I don't know why!" Twilight said. Cadance put a hoof on her shoulder in a calmly way.

"Be patient, Twilight. I'm sure they will be here soon enough." Cadance said with a smile.

"I know, but what if Gaia decided to leave? What if Blueblood had a dark scheme to enslave her and conquer Equestria!?" Twilight said, making all the princesses laugh.

"I for one know that Blueblood is not evil. Stupid to a fault? Indeed he is, but he is not a villain." Luna said as she nodded.

Twilight decided to sit quietly and wait for them as she reflected about the day's events.

After Gaia left they had to interview each of the ambassadors as they arrived. Twilight was the luckiest and she had to interview the zebra ambassadors and thank to her times with Zecora she already knew some of their social norms. They were a pleasant couple and were very polite while asking questions about this 'new alicorn'.

Celestia got the buffaloes and they just got up to date with late events, argued and laughed. The buffalo ambassador was an old friend of hers and while his apprentice was a bit brash the interview went smoothly.

Luna had the griffins and even when we were far from them we could hear the loud yells and screeches from almost anywhere in the castle. It seemed that the griffins wanted to test Luna's warrior side, as Luna was the most temperamental of the sisters and she was absent when the griffins made peace with Equestria. What followed was 'old style diplomacy', which consisted on yelling loudly, insults and the trade of healthy threats. Also plenty of food and alcohol.

The griffin ambassador said that it was the best negotiations he had with Equestria in decades.

The saddle arabians expressed their wish to be surprised and decided to just politely decline the interview, much to Twilight's disappointment. She really wanted to talk to them.

After that, the princesses arranged a wide menu for the banquet and got the throne room ready for it. The guards prepared their drills and the maids cleaned all what could be cleaned. It was almost perfect.

They only missed the main guest.

The doors of the throne room were barely opened as Blueblood walked in. He wore a white suit and his mane while styled, fell on his side with an almost natural look to it. He walked to the table and coughed a bit.

"May I have your attention, please? Thank you." He said as everyone in the room stood silent. "Ladies and gentlecolts, it is my pleasure to present you... Princess Gaia." He said with a smile as he pointed to the throne doors as they opened slowly.

Gaia walked in with a slow gait almost shining under the candle lights. Her coat, mane, and tail were clean and groomed to a point that they looked out of a fashion magazine. Her mane and tail looked like a stream of water, flowing slowly towards the ground and instead of a ponytail she sported an elegant braid. Hooves masterfully polished, coat as green as a prairie and her mane and tail clean and flowing as a river... she looked stunning.

All the ambassadors were deathly silent as they observed Gaia, some of the male ones clearly blushing because of her. Twilight gasped and the other princesses were also left speechless at this great change in her looks. Blueblood just puffed out his chest and looked smugly at their faces.

Gaia stopped in front of the table and looked around her with a motherly smile on her face.

"Hello! My name is Gaia. Nice to meet you!" She said as she waved her hoof.

Blueblood almost tripped in place as he heard and looked at Gaia with a dumbfounded expression.

"Gaia... you were supposed to say the other phrase..." Blueblood whispered to Gaia, as she just tapped her head and stuck out her tongue in a playful manner.

"Oops! My bad!" She said with a giggle.