• Published 13th Oct 2013
  • 576 Views, 18 Comments

A Friends Final Letter - AmethystFire



Twilight is dying and she decides to write one last letter to all her best friends. And as she writes this last letter, she brings up the memories that she remembers about each pony...

  • ...
4
 18
 576

A Friends Final Letter

My dear friends,

I know that you've been noticing that my time has been coming, and I would deny it. But now I see, it really is my time. I'm sorry if I had given you any trouble. The reason I see it now is that, I'm dying. I know it's apart of life but, my time has come. I don't want to leave you guys. It's all thanks to Princess Celestia, she sent me to you all. I wanted to figure out about Nightmare Moons return. I didn't want any part of you guys. But as I was sent to you for the preperations for the Summer Sunrise... I got to know you. And as we went to find the elements of harmony... I got to begin to, take you it.

Pinkie, the element of laughter... she is always laughing, she tries to make everypony smile. I met her when I first arrived in Ponyville. All I said was hello; she gasped like she had just seen Slendermane behind me.She galloped in mid air and flew like a pegasus would do. It was the weirdest thing I had ever seen.

But it wasn't as bad as her "sense," that drove me insane. The tail twitch; something was going to drop at that moment. She really didn't make any sense.

And the day that she lost her mind, all because we didn't want to go to Gummy's after birthday party. She totally forgot that it was her birthday. I still remember it to this day.

Applejack, element of honesty... I met her later after Pinkie. She was doing the food for the celebration. She took me in open hooves. She saved my life from falling off a cliff. She told me to let go and to trust her. I let go, hoping to die, but Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash caught me. She didn't lie to me... That's what makes her honest.

I remember the time, when she had to harvest the apples all on her own. She was stubborn for our help. But I finally convinced her when Big Machintosh pointed out all the other apples, she pleaded for help.

And the day her and Dash did the iron pony, Rainbow had cheated. But then on the fall leaves race, neither of them had won. I had won! I thought it was amazing. But AJ overall, is the most honest pony I've ever known Her entire family is huge... I remember most of them... Applebloom, Granny Smith, Big Mac, Apple Fritter, and Breaburn. But there is many more... I just can't seem to remember every single one.

Rarity, the element of Generosity... She is still the most beautiful pony in all of Ponyville. She is so generous... That day we met, she insisted to fix my mane, she did, but she put me in those outfits for some reason. When she tried to put me in a corset, I could barely breathe. It felt like a snake was getting ready to strangle the life out of me then eat me for lunch. When I mentioned Canterlot, she let me breathe again. She fangirled all over Canterlot.

I remember the time when she made gala dresses for us. They were beautiful, but before we saw how upset we made her after the "fashion show," from the dresses we wanted. But from what we did after our mistake, we made her happy. But when she was happy, it made us all feel good. I still feel like the worst friend ever after it happened.

I remember the time when Sweetie Belle first came to visit and she stayed at Rarity's place... They had a sister rivalry. But when Rarity saw how important her sister was and tried to say sorry... Sweetie Belle kept her hoof down. It was the sister social race that helped . Sweetie Belle thought all the time it was Applejack. But it was Rarity... IN THE MUD! I know that she would do anything when it is appropriate to get into the mud, or if it was the only way to make it right... But she did it, for her sister relationship.

Rainbow Dash, Element of Loyalty... She is as loyal as any pony can be. Even though she is a little show off, she still manages to be loyal to every pony and her best friends. There are sometimes that it's too much and she decides to snap and break down into a cry. On the day that I first saw her, she was supposed to be clearing the sky for the celebration. But when I got there, clouds were still in the sky and she was laying on a cloud. Then I wanted her to prove that she could clear the sky in 10 seconds flat, she went to the job and cleared it in 10 seconds. And when she went to go fix the bridge, she was stopped for a second, but she had to choose, the Shadow Bolts or us. She choose us, because 'She'd never leave her friends hanging' is what she said. I guess that was what made her so loyal.

I remember the day when she first got Tank, her pet turtle. She wanted a pet that was awesome and cool. But she couldn't see that in Tank, he wasn't what she wanted. But they were destined for one another. And when she had her wing caught under a rock, Tan came over and loosened her wing, and carried her all the way to the finish. She finally saw that he was the pet she needed. That's what a pet should do, be there for their owners, and be the friend at their home.

I also remember the day she was accepted into the Wonderbolt Academy and was so excited. Pinkie wanted her to send a letter when she got the chance, and on the first day, she kept looking in her mailbox, nothing. Then when one of the ponies put us in danger, Rainbow wanted to quit. Because if the recklessness was what was awarded, she didn't want to be part of it. But then she got to stay... because Spitfire saw what Rainbow ment.

I also remember the time when she preformed her first sonic rainboom and she helped all 5 of us earn our cutie marks. We all didn't know it... All that time, we owed her something because of the thing she gave all of us. She is the most loyal pony I have ever known, all because of her heart, she had a heart of solid Platinum.

Fluttershy, element of kindness... She really is the kindness, quiet and lovable pony I've ever met. When we met was probably the weirdest moment in my life. She softly told me her name, then hid behind her mane, backing away like I was going to hurt her. But then when we went together on the journey, she saved us from the Manticorn by showing him a little kindness, caring for his paw, that somehow had a thorn in it. He acted like a little kitten as we passed by, her mane was all messed up, but she taught me about kindness that day.

I remember the time when Iron Will came to Ponyville, earlier on Rarity and Pinkie Pie wanted her to be assertive. But when she took Iron Will's advice, she became the meanest pony in Ponyville. Everypony was afraid of her, hurting them. But when she made her best friends cry, she finally realized that she went way too far, she was assertive in the nice Fluttershy way we knew and loved. And the time when she came over her fear of flying when many ponies are watching. And her fear of dragons when we were in danger. She really is the element of kindness, the best at it.

I remember the Cutie Mark Crusaders; Applebloom, Scootaloo, and Sweetie Belle. They are the cutiest ponies... Even now with their cutie marks, they are still friends, and the CMCs.

Scootaloo, Rainbow Dash's #1 fan... She's a pegasus pony that couldn't fly... But she didn't let that stop her, she used her wings for her scooter and she went so fast on that scooter, you could feel a breeze as she passed.

I remember when she went on a trip with Applejack, Applebloom, Rarity, Sweetie Belle, and Rainbow Dash camping and she wanted Rainbow Dash to become her big sister and teach Scootaloo everything that she knew. But when Rainbow started telling these stories about the headless horse. When Scootaloo was scared enough, she went outside by herself Rainbow Dash told her something that she still won't say to anypony. But then they did become sisters at heart. And Rainbow Dash gave Scoot her wish, to be taught everything that she knew.

Sweetie Belle, sister of Rarity... she is as beautiful as Rarity is. I remember the time when they all met at Diamond Tiara's cutie mark party and she stood up for Applebloom when they found out that she had lied about getting her cutie mark, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo stood up for her even that they didn't have their cutie marks! They became the best of friends that day.

Applebloom, sister of Applejack, she has a good spirit, and is a good little sister. Applebloom is the cutest... even the day I first met her and the family. Using those big puppy dog eyes wanting me to stay.

I remember the day when we all met Zecora for the first time, Applebloom trusted her that when we jumped to conclusions that she was making Applebloom soup. She didn't, and she helped our jokes that this plant made, she fixed them. It was so weird, Pinkie's tongue was cursed, Rarity's fur, Applejack shrunk, Rainbow's wings flipped, Fluttershy's voice change, and my horn flopped. And when she got her cutie pox, and practically lost her mind.

I still remember the day each of them earned their cutie marks.

Scootaloo was on her scooter and sped so fast, she created her own sonic rainboom! She saved her friends from certian death. She earned her cutie mark, she was the first of the 3 to get their cutie marks.

Sweetie Belle sang a song of the heart carol so beautifully, angels couldn't do it any better. She earned her cutie mark at that moment.

Applebloom was the last of them to get her cutie marks. She raised an apple tree by herself and grew the plant from seed to tree. And when some of the blooms on her tree came out so beautifully they had come with 2 apples connected to each other on accident, she made it into the most beautiful apple sell on Sweet Apple Acres. And she got her cutie mark.

I hope that Spike will let me go... He has been the kindest, sweetest, and most generous dragon I've ever known. From the time I hatched him with my magic til the time I let him go on his own... He's been the best. He always reminded me when I became homesick, he told me that my friends and family were thinking about me at that moment. But that he was always there for me, to be the friend by my side. And all this time, he's been there for me.

I remember the day when Applejack had saved him from the timber wolves and he went a little too far with the dragon code. All 6 of us tried to get rid of it with a stage act. But then the real ones came and Applejack got stuck in between 2 rocks. He saved her and they both came to an agreement, they both will follow Applejack's code. I hope it doesn't kill him, he will be alone. I hope he'll be able to move on.

I'm getting tired all the sudden in the middle of the day, the machine that checks my heart is slowing down. I'll leave this with you all... You have been the bestest friends in the whole world, and I will never forget you.From the time we met, til today as I lay in this bed... You all have been there. teaching me friendship. I will never forget you all. Thank you... Thank you... Thank you... Thank you.

Your best friend,

Twil----

Comments ( 18 )

Goddamnit. Couple more coats of polish and some rewarding this awesome could be fucktastic.

This has the potential to be good but, in the end, fails on just one ground: It doesn't really have any original content worth mentioning; it's just a summary of events in the series to date divided up by character. The only exception is the mention of the CMCs and I'm afraid that really doesn't make it worth it.

It would have been so much better if it had been Twilight learning about the lessons of friendship and how much happier she was from having learnt them.

It was a valiant attempt and doesn't have any serious technical issues it's just... well, a bit 'meh' really.

:applecry: SO SAD! :applecry::applecry::fluttercry: I CAN"T STOP CRYING! :fluttercry::fluttercry::fluttercry:

:raritydespair: She never finished the letter :applecry:

So... Sad...

Well, in the paragraph with Scootaloo, I saw a few grammar errors, but not bad!

I'm glad that this is over, I can't take anymore sad-

*sees incomplete label*

:rainbowderp:

I dont know if I want to read this or not, it seems good and all, but, sadness? oh god. I'll try this.. See you on the other side!

3342641 Shouldent of read this :fluttercry:

3342369 Where is the errors? I'll fix them.

3346095 In the paragraph where she describes modern Scoots, not future, there were a couple. I don't know how to put a thing from the text without copy/paste, so that's the best I can do. Sorry. :twilightsheepish:

3347640 It's ok, thanks for telling me... The moderators didn't say anything about it. But I think that's their job. Thx for telling me.

I agree with BenRG - while reading I could skip a lot of the story because I know described situations by heart. Still, it was a good attempt, and the way it ends is kinda touching. Keep up the good work!

Touching, indeed.
Mechanically, there are a few errors, and all of them have been flagged by others. Three Shattered Skulls out of Five.
It flows as memories do: they stream into the mind in an order easy to tell with observation, and are written as well as I'd imagine they could be. Five Shattered Skulls.
Plot: More of an anthology or a memoir than a story, but a well-done anthology that waves a good farewell from Twilight Sparkle to her friends. Four Shattered Skulls.
Other: With reference to the mechanical errors pointed out, they fit well into the story because it's a final letter. I can see that, in Twilight Sparkle's head, she isn't concerned with proofreading and things too particular; no, she is only concerned with getting her thoughts out for her friends to see before it's too late. The errors add an interesting flavour to the story and, for that, an extra rating of Five Shattered Skulls.
Overall: a solid Four Shattered Skulls out of Five.

so what made twilights heart get all messed up and why does she need a machine to keep it going

There should be a background story

3442904
I am planning to make a background story. Like a prequel. Yes, it has been so long since it had been posted, but you seem to be requesting it. And I am willing to do this, maybe then you'll understand. Not trying to be rude.

3728310 Na, i'm fine with it. It's been so long since i've read this

Login or register to comment