• Published 20th Aug 2013
  • 580 Views, 11 Comments

Believe In Love; Believe In Me - GhostWriter17



Love, Belief, Me: Three words that mean something to everyone. What do they mean to Certain Pony and Another, and what can we really trust? An experimental one-shot on the lives of two ponies and duality, love, and friendship...

  • ...
2
 11
 580

Mirror

Believe In Love; Believe In Me




An Experimental My Little Pony One-Shot




Written by: GhostWriter17

Act I

What a lovely day in Ponyville it is! For me, Certain Pony, every day is a wonder-filled adventure full of excitement and joy! The sky is always the bluest of blues! Clouds are always white, puffy and look Scrumdiddlyumptious! I breathe in the cool, inviting morning air, and wave a gleeful hello to the awesome and bright Sun! The grass is always green, a sea of swirling greenness that stretches for miles. We ponies are but the fun little ships that swim in this awesome sea! But I cannot stand on my front porch forever, you know! I simply have to get to school, a wonderful place filled with other young, inviting ponies! We go to school to learn all sorts of neat and wacky things, like the History of Ponyville! We also learn what a cutie mark is, and that is spectaculariffic! Ms. Cheerilee is so nice and gentle! I wish I can one day be as warm and snuggly as her! Of course, most everypony says I'm already even more snuggly and warm than her, if that were even possible!

Anywhosit, with a wave goodbye to my mom and dad, who are just most definitely the best of the bestest parents a pony could ask for, with their pretty eyes and spectacular lunch-packing skills, I set off on my way to school! Gee, I sure hope I meet Another there! Another is, like, the coolest and most awesome pony ever in all of ever existing. Ever!

But anyways, back to my walk. I trot happily along the smooth, cool dirt road, like I always do, keeping my head high and humming a little tune, one my mom always sings to me! She has such a pretty voice! My hooves never get sore or anything on this road, because the ground is always so nice to me and my hooves. The ground is my friend! So are the birds, who like to chirp along with my happy tune, but are always tweeting a little song of their own, buzzing around my head and making me laugh. The bees also like to come out and buzz in my ears, tickling them so gently. It's almost as if they're speaking in their own bee language "Good Morning! We love you forever!" and did I mention the trees? Oh, how their fluffy little leaves flutter in the morning, the wind whispering through every branch, making each leaf move and sway, almost like wind chimes! The full sound of the wind's delightful song blowing through the trees makes me leap in joy!

Unfortunately, all of this noise and chirping and buzzing causes me to lose track of time, so I end up having to leave the cute little song birds and their friendly little bee friends behind so I can make it on time to school! It's always like this every morning. This morning walk isn't stressful, however: It is oh-so wonderiffic! It gets my heart pumping and ready to go to school!

Anyway, with the slightest huff and a little sweat running down my cheek which everypony notices and helps me wipe off, I make it to school right on time! The school smells so wonderful, like freshly baked apple pie and a hint of smashed grapes! It makes me want to spit rainbows and cry gumdrops, it smells so good!

I gaze at all the ponies in their seats as I enter the lovely little classroom, all their smiles and eyes on me! I must surely be popular, or at least look very odd! Of course, that could be my huffing and puffing! I take my seat, with a little cheerful hello! to all the ponies, especially Cheerilee! I wish I was just like her, always being nice and stuff!

Just then, out of the corner of my eye, I see Another! Another is such a fun pony! Just like I do with everypony else, I greet Another with a wave and a huge smile! Another just sees me, blushes (at least I think it's a blush, it's hard to tell with Another's scrunched up face. Maybe Another doesn't like the smell of apple pie or something...) and sits in the seat in front of me. I really like Another, more so than most ponies. Something about Another just attracts me. Maybe I have a crush on Another, but I can't really be sure. I hope to one day ask if Another also has a crush on me (which I think is really really probable, if that's a word.) and maybe one day we can live happily ever after like in those fairy tales!

Another is usually quiet, doesn't say much, and likes to be alone a lot. I think Another is fine with living like that. Some ponies say Another is really mean and distant, but I don't. Another always talks to me! I like the way Another talks: short and sweet, just like that cute little mane Another has! I just wanna stroke it and cuddle Another all day every day! Sometimes Another won't talk, though, and just look at the ground. That makes me happy, cause I know Another is thinking. About what, I don't know, but I definitely know thoughts are being thunked! Thought? There we go!

Anyways, I like the way Another smells, too, like flowers! Some days Another will smell like the ocean, and every day I say "I love the way you smell today" and Another just usually says "You're weird" and we go on our business. Sometimes thinking about Another gets me sidetracked, but I just can't help it! Some days I just can't focus, ya know? I have those days a lot, where all I can think about is Another. How I'd like to be there, walk along the sandy beaches together, intertwine our tails together and ki- oh, the lunch bell already rang! Well, looks like it's time to go outside!

Outside at lunch time all the other ponies go out in their groups in the field and eat. But not Another and I. We stay inside, cause Another doesn't like the outdoors too much. Sometimes we'll go outside, when it's cloudy, but not often. I'm okay with that. Alone time is always good! Cheerilee just lets us be cause we're friends and won't do anything to hurt the school. As if we'd ever try and break any part of the school! Another would never do such a thing! I know, because Another is my best friend! Anyway, we both eat our lunches and talk as usual. It's really nice, really. We'll look outside and comment on the other ponies' manes or what they think of us and we'll have a great time! Or we'll talk about homework or other fun stuff! But we never talk about our families. Anytime Another asks me I just don't wanna answer. I don't know why, I just think it's kinda weird to talk about your family, ya know? Private stuff is weird to talk about anyways!

After lunch, we have class as usual. Now that I'm done eating, I have a sharp mind that's ready to go! I like answering questions, 'cause it's fun, and I like it when Ms. Cheerilee calls on me and says my name! I like the way her voice sounds; it's really calm. I could record it and have her voice put me to sleep it's so soothing! Another sometimes answers questions, and gets such a good response that any answer that Another gives sparks discussion in the class. Cheerilee calls it "healthy communication" and I think it's fun! Another seems to like it too, 'cause usually multiple ponies will talk to Another and they'll all give their input and it's great!

After all that, it's time to head home! I wait till after everypony's outside and then I always give Another a big, warm, snuggly hug! Another likes hugs, I can tell! Unfortunately, I don't ever get the courage up to ask Another if we could like each other and stuff... Sometimes personal stuff like that is hard to talk about, and I think Another feels the same way. Anyway, we both say goodbye and I head home.

When I get home, my parents give me a nice, warm, snuggly hug, and I tell them about my day, mostly just talking about Another. They seem to like Another almost as much as I do, and I think they know about my crush, but choose not to say anything about it. Maybe because it's personal stuff, and personal stuff is weird.

After that, I do my homework, eat dinner, and then take a bath. After my bath, I get out and look in the mirror. Inside the mirror, I expect to see my reflection. Instead, I see Another staring back at me, with pain-filled eyes. I don't know why, but all I can see is Another. Another does exactly what I do, as if Another is mimicking me! I want to say to Another "I love you" but the words don't come out. Another looks reluctant, too. Personal stuff is hard to talk about. All I can do is stare at Another's eyes... Staring... Staring back... At me... I love... Another...

Act II

What a morose day in Ponyville it is. For me, Another, every day is a dreary mess full of nothing but oddities and sadness. The sky may be the bluest of blues, but clouds are always present. I breathe in the cool morning air, and look up at the Sun. The grass is always green to some, but to me it's like a whirlwind of brown spines waiting to impale me. These frightening spines that stretch for miles frighten me. But I cannot stand on my front porch forever, for I have to face what lies ahead, no matter what. I have to get to school. It's not like I really want to, though, what with the place being filled with ponies that don't know how to treat me. Regardless of what I think, I still have to go, even though the Sun scares me deeply. I feel like it could burn me to a crisp at any moment, or crash into Equestria just because Celestia felt like doing something different for a change. Ms. Cheerilee is the only reason I really go to school. She's pretty nice. I wish I can one day be as kind and inviting as she is. Of course, she always tells me that I can be those things, that I have to just open up with somepony and try to be the best friend I can be. If only she knew...

I wave goodbye to my mom and dad, lunch bag and books in hoof, and I set off on my way to the Ponyville School For Young Ponies. As always, I wonder if Certain Pony will be there. Certain Pony is... Interesting, to say the very least. I guess that is a good word to describe Certain Pony. Maybe.

I walk along the road, pebbles and dirt blocking my path. It is because of these things the road is not smooth. My hooves and I have a rather strained relationship with the ground. My hooves are pretty sensitive, and the hard surface of the ground, which seems to want to just cut up and rip apart my hooves with its roughness, always leave me aching. The ground is my enemy. So are the birds, who like to chirp in my ear and peck at me as if I am a tree or some intruder. Bees also seem to like to hate me and buzz loudly and hatefully in my ears. Their buzzing is like an incessant hum, a hum of malice and hatred that never stops, one that sounds like they are saying to me in their own, horrid bee language "Good Morning. We despise you and everything about you.".

I forgot about the trees. The trees are like statues, guardians of the hills, armed to the teeth with razor-sharp leaves, knives of nature, ready to strike at any moment. The wind is, along with the birds, bees, and trees, also my enemy, whispering secrets and propaganda into the trunks of the trees. They all plot against me.The wind whispers in and out of my ears, menacing and calm. All of the rustling and buzzing and pecking and aching and chirping and the Sun beating down on my sensitive flesh cause me to rush to my destination, unable to take the strain, forcing myself to, like every day, run as fast as I can to escape my dreaded enemies.

Every morning is filled with paranoia and stress. I despise it, almost as much as I despise many other things about life in general. I do not despise out of hatred, however. Do not mistake that. I despise because I know things could be different, they just aren't. This is the way the world turns, unforgiving, warped by my thoughts. I arrive at school.

I arrive to school on time, with sweat beading my forehead, my skin burning, and my hooves sore and scratched to the slightest degree. All I wish to do is sit down in my desk and be quiet. The school always smells like apple pie for some reason. I am not impartial to apple pie. In fact, it's one of my favorite desserts. I also smell grapes for some reason. Probably Cheerilee's doing.

I gaze at all the ponies in their seats as I enter the annoyingly small classroom, attempting not to draw attention to myself. Of course, my efforts are in vain, as many ponies have their eyes on me and say hello. I try not to make eye contact, saying as little as possible. It's not that I don't like interaction, it's just I don't like being the center of attention, is all. I take my seat, politely saying hello to all the other ponies if I simply must. Mostly, though, I spend all my energy on Miss Cheerilee. She's the best pony in the room, by far.

Just then, out of the corner of my eye, I see Certain Pony. Certain Pony is odd, to say the least. Certain Pony is always so chipper, I don't even know how or why. However, I'm good friends with Certain Pony, so I say hello. Upon hearing this, I think I see Certain Pony blush, but I'm unsure of this thought. It may not have even been me that triggered such a reaction, for many ponies greet Certain Pony each day. Nevertheless, Certain Pony goes and takes the seat in front of me. I really like Certain Pony, more so than most ponies. I have a hunch Certain Pony is attracted to me, but I can't say for sure. Certain Pony's attraction, love, isn't what I wish to ask, though.

Out of all the times we've talked and discussed and such, I've always wanted to ask Certain Pony if we truly are "friends". I sometimes feel lonely and, when I'm older, I want to be sure I have somepony to call a true friend. I just hope that when, or if, I ever ask Certain Pony, that the answer is what I am hoping for. Cheerilee says I should open up more and be more like my "best friend", but I don't know. Openness comes so easily to Certain Pony, but not to me.

Certain Pony is usually loud, rambunctious, and easily excitable, and likes the company of others. I think Certain Pony is fine with living like that. Some ponies say Certain Pony is too outgoing and such. While I must agree that at times the smiles and laughs can be a bit much it never really bothered me. Something about Certain Pony just makes me want to smile. I do smile, though. On the inside. I guess now it's hard for me to smile on the outside, and i don't even know why exactly...Thankfully, to counteract with my unsociable habits, as horrid as they are, like most things in this insufferable world, Certain Pony does most of the talking for me. Usually, I'll just nod and be quiet around other ponies, but I'm different around Certain Pony, especially when we're alone...

Certain Pony seems to have a thing for smells, always commenting on how I smell "like the ocean" or something. I hate the ocean. Water frightens me, like it's a giant mass wishing to slurp me up and drown me just because it can. That or it, too, plots against me with the birds, grass, bees, wind, Sun and trees. I'll usually just quietly call Certain Pony "weird" or something short and sweet, something that doesn't draw any attention to myself. Due to my soft voice, however, Certain Pony has developed acute hearing. Maybe Certain Pony will be a scout or Royal Guard because of those hearing abilities? Maybe Certain Pony's cutie mark will be an ear? Who knows? I sure don't. I don't care too much about those things, even though Certain Pony says I should. I don't know.

I must note that sometimes Certain Pony will, on some days, be really annoyingly, disturbingly quiet and just look at me. Or the ceiling. Or the ground. Or just in the distance, thinking. I wonder sometimes what those thoughts are about, but, like other things, I'm too afraid, or sometimes apathetic, to ask directly. The lunch bell rings after our morning lectures are over, and the rest of the ponies go outside to eat lunch and have recess.

The lunch bell rings after our morning lectures are over, and the rest of the ponies go outside to eat lunch and have recess. Not Certain Pony and I. I like to stay out of the Sun, for reasons I've stated before. I'd rather just go out when it's cloudy, and the Sun can't much hurt me. But I don't tell Certain Pony that. Cheerilee lets us be. She knows of a lot of my problems. I confide in her a lot. Sometimes, I tell her about my sadness, my anger, and the reasons behind it. Sometimes I feel like I want to burn down the school, just so I wouldn't have to go outside sometimes. Not that I'd hurt anypony, though. I don't want to hurt anypony. That's maybe why I don't talk. But I do talk. With Certain Pony. At lunch. When we're alone.

As we eat our lunch on most days we'll look out and comment about other ponies. Certain Pony is always the one to talk the most, though. I talk more than I usually do, a lot more, but I keep to myself about personal stuff. The two of us just being there alone makes things easier to talk about, like how I confide with Cheerilee after school after everypony has left. I'll comment on my fear of the outside world, or how I see things a lot differently than Certain Pony. Certain Pony is always so open about the outside though, almost embracing of everything, as if there's no such thing as evil. But I want Certain Pony to believe that here are some not so nice things in the world. I want Certain Pony to believe in me.

After lunch, we have class as usual. We now come to the question and answer part of our school day, when things start to wind down. Certain Pony usually nudges me to answer or ask some questions, just so I can get some class participation points, and that I can learn how to talk to other ponies. It helps, I guess. Talking to Cheerilee makes me feel confident. But then, I usually answer or ask questions some ponies don't like. I might say something too personal, even though, both Certain Pony and Cheerilee know, I want to talk about personal stuff, just not family. Never family. Anyway, usually a pony will disagree and we'll "discuss" as Cheerilee puts it. It makes me raging mad sometimes. Other times it's better and more civil, but most times it shows more proof that some ponies are wrong.

After all that, it's time to head home. I wait till after everypony's outside. Then, as always, Certain Pony will give me a big, warming hug. I always melt in Certain Pony's arms. It's so soothing, so friendly, so personal, that I would give anything in this dreadful world to get a hug every few hours if I could.I want to then ask Certain Pony about what I've been wanting to know, but, as usual, I back down and simply say goodbye. I watch as Certain Pony leaves, then go back to the classroom to find Cheerilee there, sitting at her desk. It's then that we talk of what happened over the course of the day, and Cheerilee will bring me comfort. As okay as my parents are, I wish Cherilee were always there for me. Always.

When I get home, my parents welcome me warmly, as they always do, with a hug. It's not as nice as Certain Pony's though. Unfortunate, to say the least. I tell them about my day, mostly just talking about nothing in particular. My parents are nice, nothing to complain about, really. Maybe. I guess.

After that, I do my homework, eat dinner, and then take a bath. After my bath, I get out and look in the mirror. Inside the mirror, I expect to see my reflection. Instead, I see Certain Pony staring back at me, happy, excited, overjoyed, and beautiful to behold. My reflection is not my own. All I see is Certain Pony. All I see is happiness in those eyes. All I see is color in a dull and horrible world. All I see is a friend. If only I could ask the question... If only... Certain Pony... Could be there...

Act III

What happens when we look into a mirror? What do we see? Are we really seeing something there, our true selves, or something else entirely? What is the meaning behind the elusive mirror?

One wishes to be loved. One, who sees the world as a colorful display of harmony and pureness, exuding bliss and joy. This one wishes for all to be happy, but also wishes for happiness. Certain Pony gives love, but wants it so desperately back. Such is the way of those who are peaceful and loving.

The other, Another, wishes to have a friend. This one sees the world as dangerous, dull, evil, and in a fog of angst. But there shines a beacon: The one and only friend Another has, the one Another craves to know whether or not this friend is everything that a friend is said to be, and will be, forever. Another is reserved, yet inside boils emotion that knows not what to do with itself at times. Such is the way of those who are wanting of companionship, romantic or otherwise.

The spectrum of life breathes color into all of us, yet not all the colors shine through. Some of us are given the full array of light and hope, while others see the world through a misty, cloud-coated grayness that blots out their emotional sun. To choose which path we lead, and to try and understand what the meaning of reality is, that is truly a question of existence. However, it is not what life gives us that matters, it is how we live that does...

Comments ( 11 )

Umm, this is very philosophical. I admire how much thought you have put into it for it can either be a depressing stage or an uplifting scene. I kinda don't want to answer the last question for I already know what my answer would be. Nice work! :ajsmug:

3076472 Thanks a lot! I really appreciate you taking the time to comment and read the story, and I'm really glad you enjoyed it! :twilightsmile:

Love always and forever,
-Ghost

Interesting. However, you spell "Cheerilee" wrong and it's a bit distracting for me. Also, "What an morose day in Ponyville." Please fix that if you have time.

Anyway, this is a pretty cool idea and I think I will fave this.

3077550 GAH! I knew something was off!! Fixing.. And thanks! Glad ya liked it!

Love always and forever,
-Ghost

Name of Story: Eg. Inky Jay's Awesome Adventure in Equestria

Grammar score out of 10: 6. You could probably do with an editor. Here are some of the more egregious mistakes I saw:

I trotted happily along the smooth,

This sentence is in past tense, but the rest of your story is in present tense. Make sure you go through and change any verbs ending in "-ed" so that they are present tense.

Another also has s crush on me

S crush, typo.

I like the way Another talks: Short and sweet,

"Short" should not be capitalized.

I like the way her voice sounds, it's really calm!

There should be a semicolon here, not a comma, since you are joining two independent clauses without a coordinating conjunction. Also, I think that sentence ought to end with a period, not an exclamation mark.

Pros
-I loved the duality of this story, how they both saw the same things and commented on them in different ways.
-LOVED the ending. Was not expecting it.
-You did a good job writing in two different, unique styles for each character. It was almost like a different auther was writing each one.

Cons
-Certain Pony uses WAY too many exclamation points. I get that he is supposed to be happy and carefree, but good grief. This really hurts the readability of the story. It hurts my eyes. You only need a fifth of the number that you have. The fact that he is happy go lucky is already conveyed well enough by the narration to not need all of them.
-Some of your paragraphs could stand to be broken up a bit. One of them, about Another walking on the pebbles, is almost a page long. It's just a giant wall of text, and there's no need for that. Again, it hurts my eyes.
-You don't quite get into why Another is so depressed. I think you hint that he has a messed up family life, but other than that it kinda seems a bit strange. But I guess I can excuse that since it later turns out that they are two halves of the same pony.

Notes Section (how you can improve your fic, at the very least an elaboration of Pros and Cons section)

-I'd like to have seen the story told from Cheerilee's point of view as well. That would have been a neat twist.
-You have a bit too much white space in between the story and the headings "Act One" "Act Two" etc. You only need about a fifth that much space.

Enjoy your review! Please help me out by looking at my story: Our Pony Past Life.

3112954 Thank ya kindly for the review. :ajsmug:

I can't believe I missed that "S"...

Also, who said what gender the two ponies were? :duck:

Nevertheless, I appreciate you taking the time to read my story and critique it, for what it's worth. On the grammatical side of things, I'll admit that I'd like to have someone to help edit my stories, but my stubbornness and fear prevent me from asking, even though I've joined groups that have willing editors in them. Call i a personality flaw, if you will. I have a problem with people seeing my unfinished works. One could argue that the editor would pre-read and help out before I publish my work, though.

Suffice it to say, I enjoy more making mistakes on my own and having others correct them, but not editors. I don't know, something about having one person scan my writing for errors scares me. Gee, I'm being hypocritical! I should just go find an editor anyway...

Moving on! The point I was trying to make with Certain Pony and the use of exclamation points was purely a personal choice, meant to do its job. The use of exclamation points can hurt the eyes when used too many times, but that was the point. Not only was Certain Pony's narration meant to be "carefree and happy-go-lucky", but also the spelling (minus certain errors), sentence structure, and exclamation usage were meant to convey that. Certain Pony is so happy and cheerful that it hurts others, in a way.

When the other ponies stare at Certain Pony, it's showing how Certain Pony commands a room in quite possibly the most annoying way possible, and is why Certain Pony and Another sit alone. It is because the other ponies can't stand Certain Pony! Also, the exclamations were obviously meant to contrast with Another's narration, if that wasn't obvious enough.

About Another's "family life". I had conflicts with going into too much detail about Another's family, to be honest. It really angered me that I couldn't really show any of it or get into Another's reasons for being depressed, but that, again, when I finally got to the end of the story, realized that that was the point.

The reader doesn't know if Another really has a bad home life or not. They don't know what Another does when not in school. Does Another get bullied? Does Another suffer from abuse? Is Another simply just cranky? That's what I wanted to get out of the reader, that want for more in the worst way possible. Those questions are Certain Pony's exclamation points.

With Cheerilee, because of the ending I couldn't put an Act with her in it, but it would've been an interesting twist, and, if the story ended slightly differently, I'm sure I could've easily pulled off a similar twist with the final act being from her perspective.

Nonetheless, I'm glad you enjoyed the story overall, and I thank you for your words of wisdom and critique. I shall put it to use in further projects of mine! *Runs off to read your story and begin the epic search for a well-needed, long overdue editor*

Love always and forever,
-Ghost

3112954 Also, what's with the Inky Jay thing?
And what group did you review this for, if any? Unless this is how you comment on stories usually? It's just that I'm in so many groups it's hard for me to keep track sometimes of what guidelines some use and what groups have reviews and such. :pinkiesick:

Love always and forever,
-Ghost

3113992 Oh, yeah, it was a review for the Authors Helping Authors group. I corp and pasted their format when responding to your story, which left the Inky Jay thing in there. My bad.

Hi, I saw your story in Authors Helping Authors. Here's a quick review for you :pinkiecrazy:

Name of Story:
Believe In Love; Believe In Me
Grammar:
I'm completely terrible at this so I'll leave this one up to more qualified bronies.
Fixme:

have to ace what lies ahead,

This, potentially, is not a typo.

scratched to the slightest degree.

I don't know what this is trying to say. Slightest degree? Like, not scratched very much?

I see Certain Pony blush, but am unsure.

This sounds awkward. Maybe 'but I'm unsure.' instead?

Pros:
- This story is more like poetry to me than a story. It seems to be less about plot and more about exploring imagery and concepts.
- "It makes me want to spit rainbows and cry gumdrops." <-- Thumbs up for this line alone.
- This is incredibly ballsy. It certainly seems to be doing some original things. First person, present tense, split into three acts? Breaking the fourth wall at the end... Hat's off to you, friend, for thinking outside the box.
Cons:
- This story is more like poetry to me than a story. It seems to be less about plot and more about exploring imagery and concepts.
- I don't like the way it ended. Maybe it's just me, but I was already pondering the question of which one of them was real. You didn't actually have to say it. In addition to almost outright explaining it, with the mirror thing, you dropped about a billion hints, like how they never seem to split up, and how the hugs seem extra 'personal' and all sorts of little hints peppered in there. I think you should have just relied on the strength of those hints rather than explicitly saying it at the end. I just feel like there could have been a more elegant way to handle this. It felt so clunky, and lacked the graceful imagery and flow of the rest of the story.
- It seemed to drag on a bit, to me. I don't know, though, I guess I'm a little weird. People keep telling me my own writing feels rushed, maybe I just like things to be short and sweet and to focus on the plot elements that are critical to the story.
Notes Section:

It was an absolute delight reading this. It's great to see something completely different.
Enjoy your review! Please help me out by looking at this stories of mine: Just Like Me - A tragedy about a soldier's experience dealing with the realities of war.

3113977

I agree about the exclamation points. You get a pass because it's first person and all the crazed gleeful shouting actually adds to the story.

If it was third person then I don't know if there's ever an excuse to use an exclamation point in non-dialog.

3183118 Thank you so much on your critique! I really appreciate all you've said and I will read and review your story in due time! I'll admit, I tried to be more poetic with the overall focus of the story, and with many of my other stories (two of them are just poems!) I try to expand my ideas with the meaning of the poetic art, whether or not it succeeds or fails.

My goal with anything however, success or failure, is to entertain, and I'm glad I could do that!

As far as the ending is concerned, I'm thinking of editing my grammatical errors and taking out Act III entirely. Or at least doing something else with it. I've let the story sit for a few weeks and I must agree, it is very clunky and out of place. Any ideas on how I might change it if I keep it in?
All writing is rewriting, as my firend says.

Love always and forever,
-Ghost

Login or register to comment