• Published 3rd Aug 2013
  • 13,458 Views, 556 Comments

Mother Celestia - jl7895



Princess Celestia becomes the adoptive mother of a young colt. But where did he come from and what happens when he learns the truth?

  • ...
48
 556
 13,458

Chapter 2: Canterlot

Flying above Equestria was stunning. The green fields, the dense forests, and the roaring rivers. The most beautiful thing was the waterfall outside Canterlot. There was something about it that captured my attention and I didn’t look away for the rest of the ride. Every time the water hit a rock, it would splash off and make a rainbow. My eyes followed the rainbows as they seemed to dance up and down the water.

I looked back and started watching Princess Celestia’s mane. It too was dancing, but it used the wind instead of rocks. It looked beautiful as she just stood there, watching the scenery. There were only four colors, light blue, light green, blue, and lavender, but they moved as gracefully as the rainbows. It sparkled too, which added more magic to the entire thing, but that only happened because the sun was shining through it. I followed her mane all the way up to her head and saw her smiling as we approached Canterlot.

Ponyville was massive when I first saw it. Buildings that towered over me and seemed to touch the sky, ponies that had to sit down to talk to me, trees that would take five whole minutes to climb. Now, that I’m here in Canterlot, everything in Ponyville seems so small. Buildings that looked like they had to move so the sun could pass, and that’s just the castle. One building in Canterlot looked like it could fit everypony in Ponyville and half of the ponies in Canterlot. Even Princess Celestia looked smaller compared to the buildings.

The chariot landed and Celestia picked me up again.

“Attention ponies of Canterlot,” she said as we stepped off the chariot, “Does anypony know this young colt?”

“What’s his name?” a mare shouted from the crowd.

Princess Celestia didn't answer at first. She just looked at me, studied me. She was looking at every part of me. My golden coat and horn, my copper mane, and my silver eyes. She looked into my eyes the longest, as if she was looking for something.

“Golden Shield” she finally responded.

Just like in Ponyville there was no response.

“Is there anypony who can…”

“Princess,” said one of the guards, now free from the chariot’s harness, “We don’t have time for this. There are more pressing matters to attend to.”

Princess Celestia sighed and put me down. “Come along Golden, we’ll have to find you a home some other time.”

She took my hand and started to lead me away from everypony. As we walked, more and more guards surrounded us. At one point, we were surrounded by so many guards that I couldn't see where we were going. The guards started to go away as we approached the castle. The whole thing was white, except the roof, which was gold. The person who built it really knew what they were doing when they made this place. Every stone was perfectly carved to make the wall smooth. It looked as if the stones they used on the towers and pillars were actually curved. The inside was even more beautiful. High ceilings, fancy painting, and beautiful stain glass windows. I stood in the center of the room just taking it all in.

“Well, hello there,” said a guard who put his grey hand on my shoulder. He didn't look like the other guards. He was an earth pony and wearing purple armor. His voice was scrappy and sounded more like a stallion. “What’s your name?”

“Where is Princess Celestia?” I asked. I didn't realize that she let go of my hand and walked off. I started to feel the same fear I felt in the forest, only this time the tress and darkness were replaced with tall, mean looking ponies.

“It’s okay,” he said as he started to wipe away a tear from my eye. He sat down to talk to me at my level. “My name is Captain Iron Side, and the princess asked me to take you to a fun place.”

“Where is she? I want to see her.”

“She’s very busy right now and can’t look after you. I promise, when she’s done, you’ll see her again. Now can you tell me you name?”

“I don’t know my name,” I said to him as I hung my head. I also started to lower my voice, but it wasn’t something I could control; just something I do when I meet new ponies. I also had a tendency to cross my arms and hooves.

“Alright, I have an idea. Why don’t you tell me what to call you?”

“Princess Celestia called me Golden Shield,” I said as I crossed my arms.

“Is that what you want me to call you?”

I nodded my head and looked up at him. He was older and it showed. His mane was snow white and his face showed his age. He had a big smile on his face, but it was nothing like Celestia’s. It made me grin, but I still couldn't get to a full smile.

“Alright, Golden Shield, I’m going to take you to a fun place. There’s already a little filly there playing, and she’s having a blast.”

Captain Iron Side took my hand and started leading me down a hallway. He was a bit more firm than Princess Celestia, but he still understood that I was just a colt and he can’t be too hard. The hallway seemed to go on forever. He tried to ask me questions, but I couldn't remember the answer to any of them.

“Here we are,” he said as we came to a door.

“Wait,” He was about to open the door, but I stopped him, “Captain Iron Side, is this other pony nice?”

“Son, she’s the nicest filly I've ever met. Trust me, I've known her most of her life.” He opened the door to reveal a more colorful room. Each wall was painted with a colorful mixture of colors that spans creates one coherent picture. The floor was padded with what looked like puzzle pieces. It felt kind of nice under my hooves. There were toys and games all along the wall. And in the center of the room was a light pink filly. Like Princess Celestia, her mare was multi-colored, a cream white, dark pink, and a beautiful purple. It was all tied back in a ponytail, but she was able to keep the colors separate. Also like Princess Celestia, she had both wings and a unicorn horn. She was wearing a white, freshly washed dress. I realized that the overalls and shirt I was wearing was still dirty from the forest. She was playing with dolls when we entered.

“Captain Iron Side!” She ran up to him and started hugging his hip. She was only a little bit shorter than me, but I was still mesmerized by the room itself.

“Hey kid, how have you been?”

“Good. Are you here to play with me?”

“Sorry kid, but I have some work to do. I did bring a friend for you though. Golden Shield, I would like to introduce you to Princess Mi Amore Cadenza, Princess Celestia’s niece.”

“Please,” she said with a curtsy, “Call me Cadence.” Her voice was so sweet and inviting. There was something in it that caused anyone listening to feel good about yourself. With every word she said, your faith and trust in her grew. I couldn't really figure out what it was about her. Maybe it was the way she looked at you or the firmness in her voice, but I liked it.

Captain Iron Side left the room and Cadence and I played. There wasn't a toy in that room that we didn't play with. We played tag until our hooves were sore and we exhausted any energy we had. And then we played some more.

There was something about Cadence that made me feel happy. Any fear I had left over from the forest or the storm, was gone. Her kindness coupled with Princess Celestia’s compassion destroyed any trepidations I've ever had about Canterlot or Ponyville are gone. I was having too much fun to even think about what happened in the forest.

There was a clock in the room, but neither of us paid any attention to it until Princess Celestia walked into the room. I looked at the clock and noticed that it was the evening and the sun had to be setting by now. Cadence, like she did with Captain Iron Side, was hugging her hip. I decided to join in this time and hugged her too. She was here to take us to dinner. She said I had to get clean and change my clothes. A maid help me take a bath and then Princess Celestia led me to a bedroom.

Princess Celestia told me that I can sleep here as long as I stay in this castle. The room was big and beautiful. The walls were bare, but I liked the wallpaper already in place. There was extremely comfortable and there was a button up shirt, black pants, and a pair of dress cuffs. My favorite part of the room was the view from the window. I could see all of Canterlot from there. It all looked so beautiful with the golden sky. Some of the street lights came on giving it a faint glow, which made the city a little more beautiful.

The first thing I noticed when we entered the royal dining room was the number of ponies in there and just the size of it. It was filled with circular tables and each table had somewhere between five and eight ponies. Each of there were well dressed, from head to hooves. I knew that each pony held a status symbol of some sort. At the end of the room was a long white table with other ponies that looked as if they held a higher status. The center seat of that table was empty, which I assumed is where Princess Celestia sat. Behind that was a smaller table, but that one was empty.

I was in awe of this whole room. I barley even noticed that Princess Celestia and Cadence started walking towards the long table. I caught up to the both of them and followed them around the ponies. Only some of them noticed the two little foals that followed the princess. We reached the large table and Princess Celestia took her seat at the table. We were directed to sit at the smaller table, which Cadence called the foal table.

This was something Princess Celestia did a lot. She didn't like wasting all the space in this castle, so she would invite other ponies to fill the space.

“So, how did you meet Aunt Celestia?” Cadence asked me as we sat down.

“She found me in a forest.” It became clear that I was upset. Cadence grabbed my hand that was on the table. “She tried to find my mom in Ponyville, but we couldn't find her. She took me here and I met you.”

“I’m sorry to hear that, but at least one good thing came out of it. You made a new friend.”

Cadence and I talked the rest of the time we had at the table. There was nothing interesting really, just foal things. We were served daffodil and daisy sandwiches and cupcakes for desert. The ponies stayed for a while. They finally cleared out at about nine o’clock. Both Cadence and I were tired, so we asked Princess Celestia to take us to bed. She picked up the both of us and took us to our rooms. She dropped Cadence off first. Princess Celestia tucked her in and wished her a good night. She cared me to my room and tucked me in too.

“Princess Celestia,” I said before she left the room, “Do you really think that we’ll find my mommy.” She sat down next to me and started to pet my head.

“I do, Golden Shield.”

“Do you promise?”

“I promise that we’ll find your mother. Now go to sleep.” Princess Celestia put out all the lights and left me alone in my room.

My room was big and empty and dark…

Author's Note:

I really want to think everyone who gave me suggestions and tips or you just gave me a thumbs up or added Mother Celestia to their favorites or read later. I really urge all of you to give your honest feed back. If you don't like something or you think I need to work on something, please don't be afraid to tell me.

Also, if any of you find a SFW picture of Anthro Celestia or if anyone wants to draw one, I'll be grateful. The pic needs to really capture her compassion and or beauty.

A big thanks to all of you and thank you for still reading.