• Published 3rd Aug 2013
  • 13,458 Views, 556 Comments

Mother Celestia - jl7895



Princess Celestia becomes the adoptive mother of a young colt. But where did he come from and what happens when he learns the truth?

  • ...
48
 556
 13,458

Chapter 31: Wedding (Part 2)

Octavia sat in the living room of her apartment drinking a glass of wine. She had dressed herself in a beautiful dress, like she always does, but she never goes anywhere. She was alone in her apartment, but she knew that wouldn’t last long. Spitfire was on tour performing with The Wonderbolts and Vinyl was picking up our kids from school. It had been eight years since it happened and she still wasn’t over it. She looked at her cello, which was completely untouched.

She had no drive or desire to play since I died.

The door opened and Vinyl and our children walked in. She didn’t know it at the time, but Octavia was pregnant with twins, a colt and a filly. Octavia named our unicorn filly Mystery Melody. She has beautiful, bright silver eyes, a golden coat, and a black mane. She’s a strong, athletic girl, but prefers to play the flute. Our earth pony son, Ebony Shield, Octavia decided to name after me. Ebony has a dark grey coat, like his mother, with golden tips at the end of his ears. He likes to spend time with Shining and Nightingale, who have been trying their best to fulfill their promise to me.

“Mommy!” Our kids shouted as they burst into the apartment, running up to Octavia and hugged her to which she smiled and hugged back.

“How was your day at school?” She asked our kids.

“We have to tell our class about our dad,” Ebony said.

“Can you tell us about him?” Mystery asked.

“Uh, why don’t I-” Vinyl started to say.

“It’s alright, Vinyl,” Octavia said for she was a little hesitant when it came to talking about me. She always found it hard to talk about me, as she felt she could never do me justice and she would break into tears about half way through.

“Your father was a great stallion. He was always kind and generous and never only thought about himself. I remember our first date. He set up a picnic next to the Applewood sign and told the entire city he loved me.”

“He was also one of the noblest ponies I have ever met. There was this one time, where we were younger, when a pony stole a purse. Your father and Uncle Shining chased him down, got back the purse, and didn’t even think about asking for a reward. He believed that ponies should do good without a reason. He carried that to his adulthood and became Captain of the Royal Guard.”

“Where is he?” Ebony asked. “If he’s Captain of the Royal guard, then why don’t I ever see him when I’m with Uncle Shining?”

“Ebony, that’s not something we talk about,” Vinyl said with concern.

“It’s alright,” Octavia said, “I think it’s time they learned the truth. When Uncle Shining and Auntie Cadence were getting married, Canterlot was attacked by Changelings. Your father, did what he could to ensure the safety of as many ponies as he could but there was this one Changeling that attacked a young colt, but your father saved him. He was attacked by a group of Changelings because of this and they…hurt him. The doctors tried their best, but they could not help him.”

Octavia was able to keep herself together and changed the subject to something a little happier. She told them about high school, our inside jokes, and how we constantly annoyed Vinyl, which continued to annoy her. Octavia eventually told the kids to go and play at the park not far from the apartment, which they did.

“How are you holding up?” Vinyl asked when the kids left the room.

“Fine,” Octavia said after taking a sip of wine. “I left the apartment today.”

“That’s good. Where did you go?” Octavia didn’t respond. She took another sip of wine as she tried to hold back tears. “Tavi, you can’t keep tormenting yourself like this.”

“I was paying my respects, Vinyl. Besides, I wasn’t the only one there. Princess Celestia was there too.”

Celestia didn’t take my death any easier. She did whatever she could to try and save me, but her magic wasn’t enough. She took it personally, feeling like she failed as a mother. Celestia fell into a deep depression. No pony saw her for months, not even Luna. The only reason ponies knew she was okay was because the sun would rise and set every day. She returned to her duties almost a year later, but many ponies would agree that she changed. She seemed a little more distant with every pony, with the exception of her grandchildren, who she loved very much. She came to my grave every year and broke down crying every time.

“Octavia,” Vinyl said, “It’s been eight years. You’re still wearing the ring, you’re haven’t thrown out his clothes, you haven’t even thought about sleeping on his side of the bed. Tavi, I’m only saying this because I love you. You have to get over him.”

“Don’t you think I know that?” Octavia yelled. “I haven’t been able to play in years and all I ever think about is him. I want to move on, but I can’t. I just can’t!”

Octavia ran off crying into our room. Like Vinyl said, my side of the bed was untouched and Octavia made sure it stayed like that. She climbed into the bed and cried onto her pillow. She cried for what seemed like hours before she got an idea. She looked over at the other side of the bed and yearned for my touch again. Maybe she thought that if she laid on my side, she might feel me again. She slid over to my side of the bed and laid their as if I was holding her.

I could feel her. I could feel her soft fur against my fingers. I could smell the lavender shampoo she uses. I could hear her sobs over the sounds of the hospital machines. I slowly opened my eyes and saw Octavia and I were lying in a hospital bed in the castle.

“Octavia?” I said.

“Golden!” Octavia said turning around and kissing me. After a long kiss, Octavia got out of the bed and ran into the hallway. “Everyone, Golden is awake.”

In a matter of minutes, the room was filled with my friends and family. They were all smiling and relieved that I was, in fact, still alive.

“It’s good to see you again, Doctor,” I said as he entered the room.

“It’s good to see that you remember me,” The Doctor said. “You were in a coma for a while and I fear you may have suffered cerebral damage due to prolonged inactivity. I’m going to ask you a question and all you have to do is answer it to the best of your abilities. Do you understand?”

“Completely.”

“Can you name every pony here and give a brief description?”

“Okay, first there is Shining Armor. He’s been like a brother to me and he’s Captain of the Royal Guard. He’s standing next to Cadence. I would call her by her real name, but she hates that. I assume the two of them got married while I was unconscious. Next to them is Nightingale, Captain of the Lunar Guard and my cousin.”

“Actually, we need to talk about that,” Nightingale said.

“What are you talking about?” I asked.

“One of the Changelings kicked you and did significant damage to some organs,” The Doctor explained. “You needed a series of surgeries and somepony needed to donate blood. Your friends wanted to donate blood to help you, but Nightingale was the only match. In fact, he was a perfect match. We did a little blood work and it turns out you two are brothers.”

“That explains why we were both in the Everfree Forest and neither of us could remember why we were there.” Nightingale said.

“What about the darkness that chased me?” I asked. “Why didn’t it chase you?”

“A spell casted by The Children of the Night,” Celestia said. “They tried to guide the both of you out, but it was too powerful a spell and they lost control. The spell took on a mind of its own and decided to terrorize the younger of the two of you.”

“Please continue, Golden,” The Doctor said.

“Alright. Of course there is Princess Celestia, my mother who rescued me and then adopted me. Her sister is Princess Luna, she is Nightingale’s mother. Spitfire over there is the Captain of the Wonderbolts. Vinyl, or her stage name DJ PON-3, is my roommate and we’ve been friends for years. Finally, Octavia, my beautiful fiancé.”

“Well, it looks like your memory is fine. We need to run a few more test and then you’ll start your physical rehab. Welcome back, Golden.”

The Doctor left the room, leaving me with my friends and family. They spent the next hour or so telling me what happened while I was unconscious. Shining and Cadence did get married, but they wanted to wait for me. They couldn’t wait any longer than a week because Twilight and her friends need to return to Ponyville. They told me it was a beautiful ceremony and visited me before leaving for their honeymoon.

Celestia and Luna did what they could to help me. They knew some healing spells, but nothing that could bring someone out of a coma. They worked on making a spell that could wake me, but they stopped trying after two weeks and focused on making me better. The Doctor told them it was their magic that saved me.

Vinyl and Spitfire helped in any way they could. They took turns staying with Octavia and being her emotional support for this whole thing. This is also where all of us learned that Vinyl had been seeing someone in secret. We didn’t get much out of her, but we did find out that he was a communications teacher at Canterlot University. They met when Vinyl went to the store to pick up food for the apartment. They were fighting over the last frozen pizza, one of Vinyl’s favorite foods, when he asked her on a date. She said yes, but had no intentions of showing up. However, there was something about him that she couldn’t resist. He took her Chef Celery Stalk and Chef Fasnacht’s new restaurant. They went on their second date soon after, and their third shortly after that. She didn’t say much after that, but I was happy that she found someone special.

Octavia stayed by me almost every second. The only time she left my bedside was to play at Cadence and Shining’s wedding. Her hope was that her music would wake me up, the wedding being her first attempt. When that didn’t work, she moved closer and played every day. Blueblood had also tried to take advantage of my unconsciousness. Lucky for me, Octavia is strong and a swift kick to his…area solved the problem. At night, she would climb in bed and sleep with me.

The Doctor came back with a few nurses to run test on me. They were trying to see if anything was still wrong with me, like broken bones or any brain damage. To everypony’s surprise, there wasn’t a thing wrong with me. No brain damage, no broken bones, no muscle damage. The Doctor believes that Celestia and Luna’s magic made me better while I was asleep. He wanted to keep me in the hospital for one more night and put me through one session of physical rehab.

The nurses carted me back to the room, where only Octavia was waiting for me. She was playing Toccata and Figure in D Minor and smiling. She always smiled when she played that song, and I think I know why. It takes her back to when we were kids and she played that song for me when I was sick. She thinks about all the good times we’ve had together and all the good times we’re going to have. She played until she was tired, at which point she climbed into the bed with me.

“I missed this,” Octavia said.

“You have no idea. In fact, I dreamt about you sleeping in my spot in our bed and then I woke up.”

“What else did you dream about?”

“Your lives after me. Celestia was depressed for a while and she never really completely recovered. She did become closer to Twilight, but she was a bit colder. Our friends were more than willing to support you and our kids.”

“Kids?” Octavia said happily.

“I dreamt that you gave birth to twins.”

“How were they?”

“They were angels. Our daughter loved playing the flute and reminded me of you in so many ways. Our son liked being with Shining and Nightingale and did anything to make you smile.”

“What about me? Was I good mother?”

“You were an amazing mother.”

We continued to talk for a little while longer before we fell asleep. I started the next day when a nurse woke me up. She brought a wheelchair with her and helped me into it. The nurse took me into a gym like room. The physical trainer came over to me and helped me walk over to two parallel bars. She told me to hold me to grab onto the bars and try to walk to the other side. It was extremely hard, as I was using my legs for the first time in a while. The trainer told me to walk back and forth until I didn’t need the bars. It took some time and I walked slowly, but I was able to walk without holding onto something. We then moved onto a few other exercises and stretches. To both of our surprise, I was able to do them with little to no pain.

After about an hour, The Doctor came to take me back to my room. Their usual policy is for patients to be wheeled back into their room, but The Doctor thought it would be good for me to take a walk. We walked back to our room, where we found Octavia and Celestia talking.

“How is he?” Celestia asked after finishing her conversation with Octavia.

“Better than he should be,” The Doctor responded. “Nothing broken, none of his vessels are busted, his lungs never even collapsed. It’s almost as if nothing ever happened to him. I believe it was the high doses of alicorn magic that kept you in such a good shape. You’re a lucky stallion, Golden.”

“I know I am,” I said with a smile.

“I’ll have you discharged tomorrow. But for now, I’m sure you’re tired of this room, so I’m giving you free roam around the castle. You can also sleep where you like, but please check-in with a nurse.”

“Thank you, Doctor,” Celestia said. “I don’t know if there is anything I could ever do to repay you, but if you even need anything-”

“Princess, I don’t know how many times I’ve told you. You do not owe me anything. The only thing I require is a job here, so I can help as many ponies as possible.”

“You’re always welcome here, Doctor,” Celestia said.

“I have a few other patents to take care of. Golden, stay healthy. Ladies, stay beautiful.”

“I should go too,” Celestia said shortly after The Doctor left. “I have some ponies to meet and I’m sure you two have some things to talk about.” Celestia stood up and walked over to me. She kissed me on the forehead and hugged me. “I’m glad you’re alright.”

“I love you mom,” I said as I hugged back.

“I love you too.” Celestia let go and left the room.

“What did she mean by some things we need to talk about?” I asked Octavia.

“We’re getting married tomorrow,” Octavia said.

“Why tomorrow? I’m not saying that I don’t want to get married, but why tomorrow?”

“Golden, I have waited so long for this day. I’m not waiting any longer and nothing is getting in my way. Plus, I would like to get married before I have to make any more alterations to my dress. I’ve already had to expand the bust, I would prefer not to add room to the stomach. Not only that, but guests have been arriving all day. They expect something to happen tomorrow.”

I sat next to Octavia and we started talking. A little while after, a nurse came into the room and told me I had a visitor. I told him to let them in, as I thought it was Vinyl or Cadence or anyone of my friends. To my surprise, it was a unicorn mare and a young colt.

“Hi,” I said. “Can I help you?”

“Captain Golden, my name is Scarlet Strudel and this is my son, Cloud Sweeper. We wanted to thank you for saving Cloud.”

“You saved this colt?” Octavia asked.

“A changeling was about to attack him,” I started to explain. “I distracted it before Cloud was attacked.”

“And our family can never repay you, Captain Golden,” Scarlet said.

“Don’t worry about it. I was just doing my job. Besides, I would have done it even if I wasn’t paid to.”

“Mister Golden,” Cloud Sweeper said, “when I grow up, I want to be just like you.”

“Just try to do the right thing, kid.”

“I will and one day I will join the Royal Guard.” There was a sudden small light emitting from his neck. “My cutie mark! I got my cutie mark!”

“Looks like I’ll be seeing you in a couple years,” I said with a smile.

“Thank you for everything,” Scarlet said. “If you’re ever near my bakery, Sweet Spot, do not hesitate to come in. Come along, Cloud. Let’s show daddy your cutie mark.”

The two of them started to leave, but then Cloud turned around and looked at me. He then took off his backpack and opened it. Cloud pulled out a toy robot and handed it to me. I smiled as he ran back to his mom.

Octavia and I talked until she had to leave. Signed set up a concert for her to perform a few days after we returned from our honeymoon. Of course, we had to reschedule everything and her concert just so happened to be the day before our new wedding day. To both of our misfortune, I couldn’t attend. The Doctor wanted to keep me close by because the effects of alicorn magic on coma patients is unknown and he wants me to be close by in case of an emergency. Octavia was nervous, as this was going to be the first concert I won’t be attending. I reminded her about the bow tie and told her that I’ll always be there when she wears it.

I would be alone in the hospital room for a while, so I decided to read. Celestia eventually poked her head into her room. She was wearing her favorite dress and then I realized it was almost time for dinner.

“Can I come in?” Celestia asked.

“Of course,” I said putting down my book.

“Are you coming to dinner tonight?”

“I don’t think so. This is probably going to be my last night alone for a long time. I want it to be a little peaceful.”

“I almost can’t believe you’re getting married tomorrow,” Celestia said as she took a seat next to me. “It feels like yesterday I found you in the Everfree Forest. You know, I was afraid I failed as a mother when I saw you in a coma.”

“No matter what happens to me, you are a great mother.” Celestia smiled at with the same smile that made me feel secure. Unfortunately, there was something I had to talk to her about. “But, you know I’m not like you. I’m not going to live forever and I’m going to die one day.”

“I know. When your time does come, I think I’ll be ready. For now, let’s just try to concentrate on the now and enjoy what time we have together.”

“Agreed,” I said with a smile. “So, I’m finally getting married tomorrow.”

“I can’t believe it either. You know, you’ll always be that little colt I found.

“Can I ask you something? And I need you to be completely honest.”

“You know you can ask me anything.”

“How do you feel about Octavia? I mean about us being together.”

“When you first started dating,” She said after thinking it over, “I didn’t approve. I don’t mean just Octavia, I mean in general. I didn’t think that any mare was good enough for you and something was telling me they wanted to be with you not just because they liked you. Octavia, however, was different. She never cared about your title or your money. The only thing she cared about was you. I think you made one of the best decisions any pony has ever made.”

“Thanks mom,” I said with a smile.

We talked for a little longer before she had to go to the dinner. I was alone again, so I went back to reading. It was more or less what I wanted. The only sound came from a nurse walking down the hallway and I was only interrupted once when a nurse asked me what I wanted for dinner. As the night wore on and I started to feel tired, I told a nurse where I am going to sleep. I also told her to point Octavia in my direction when she returns.

For once, I was the one who was wait up for Octavia. When she did come back, she couldn’t wait to tell me about her concert. She was the most nervous she has ever been before a concert. Her nervousness isn’t anything new. While she does usually pass herself off as confident when she goes on stage, she is a nervous wreck off stage. Vinyl or I usually have to calm her down before she goes onto stage. I obviously couldn’t make it and Vinyl’s coltfriend had to pay a good amount to just get reservations at a new, five star restaurant. For the first time, Octavia was alone at a concert. She was on the verge of canceling it, but then she realized she wasn’t alone. I was with her in spirit, but she was also carrying our child. When she did start playing, she played her heart out. The reviews weren’t going to be released until tomorrow, but Octavia was sure they were going to be positive. We went to bed shortly after she finished her story. It didn’t hit me until right before I fell asleep, but I realized that it was the last night we were going to bed as fiancés.

I woke by myself. Octavia had left a note saying that she was going to another part of the castle so I wouldn’t see her in her dress. There was also a new suit hanging on my door, which I put on after a shower. Shortly after I got dressed, my groomsstallions came in with a beer in their hands and one for me.

“Last minute bachelor party,” Shining said as he handed me a beer.

“Sorry it couldn’t be more,” Soarin said.

“Besides,” Nightingale said, “I’m sure Octavia would kill one of us if it was more.”

“So long as you guys are here, I’m happy,” I said. The four of us opened our beers and took our first drink. “So, Shining, what’s married life like?”

“A lot like being engaged, but a lot less planning. So long as you love each other, you should be fine.”

“Well I don’t think I’ll ever get married,” Soarin said. “I could never deny the ladies this beautiful body.”

“Have you ever even had a marefriend?” Nightingale asked.

“A toast to Golden,” Soarin said. “He’s one of the greatest guys I have ever known and I wish him all the luck in the world with his beautiful wife.”

“To one of the best friends a guy can ask for,” Shining said. “Golden, you deserve nothing less than a happy life and a happy family with the mare of your dreams.”

“To the best little brother in Equestria,” Nightingale said. “When we first met, you kicked my ass and probably could have killed me, but you didn’t. Since then, we have been an unstoppable team and I can’t wait to see you as happy as you’ll ever be.”

The four of us clinked our bottles and drank to my wedding. We talked until our bottles were empty. Soarin offered to get more, but then somepony knocked on the door.

“Are you decent?” Rarity asked from the other side of the door.

“We’re dressed, Rarity.” She came into the room and immediately hugged me. “What are you doing here?”

“I’m part of Twilight’s plus six,” she said as she let go.

“Twilight got a plus one.”

“You can make an exception for Twilight, can’t you darling? Plus, the bride’s veil was torn and I was asked to fix it.”

“I’m just happy you girls and Spike are here.”

“Oh, and before I forget, Twilight wants to see you Shining, and Spitfire wants to see you Soarin.”

“What did I do this time?” Soarin asked as he and Shining left the room.

“I should probably go mingle with the guests,” I said. “Before I go, Night this is a good friend of mine, Rarity. Rarity, this is my brother-”

“Nightingale,” he interrupted. “My name is Nightingale.”

“I’ll let you to get acquainted.”

I left the two of them to their own devices. I walked into the main hall and saw almost everypony I have ever met is in this room. My friends were of course here, Vinyl and her coltfriend, Spitfire, Twilight and her friends, Flash, Star, The Twins, Lavender, my grandparents, Fancy Pants, Fleur, Foxtrot, even Coco was able to make it. Then there was Octavia’s big family. I even got to meet Octavia’s cousin, Fiddlesticks, who looks almost exactly like her. Then there were members of the royal guard. While every guard would love to be here, but there needs to be some pony on guard.

Soon after, ponies started taking their seats and I stood at the end of the aisle. Cadence, my best mare, stood next to me and hugged me.

“I’m so happy for the two of you,” She whispered to me.

“I just wish I could have been there for your wedding.”

“You were there in spirit.”

Celestia eventually joined me, smiling. Then the wedding march started to play. Everypony stood up and Octavia, dressed in a beautiful wedding dress, appeared at the end of the hall with her father on her arm. When they reached the end of aisle, Mr. Symphony smiled at me and gave me a pat on the back. I took Octavia’s hands and she smiled back at me.

“Ladies and gentlecolts,” Celestia said, “we are gathered here today to celebrate the union of Prince Golden Shield and Octavia Melody. Their love has withstood the test of time and will only grow stronger the longer they are together. The couple has written their own vows, which they would now like to give.”

“Golden,” Octavia said, “From the moment I met you I knew there was something special about you. About us. While I didn’t understand it at the time, as I was only six, but when I did understand my feelings, I knew that I loved you. Now that I look at you, I don’t just see the stallion I fell in love with. I see a house, I see children, more importantly, I see us and nothing makes me happier. Golden, I promise to always be with you and never stop loving you. No matter what happens, I will always be there for you.”

“Octavia,” I said, “I always used to wonder what my life would be like if just one thing went differently. Since we started dating I have wondered about how my life would have been different less and started thinking about our lives together more. You have become the first thing I think about when I wake up and the last thing when I go to sleep. When I’m having a bad day, you are the one pony that can always cheer me up. I promise to never stop thinking about you that way. I promise to always be with you, regardless of what happens to us. Most importantly, I promise to never stop loving you.”

“Octavia Melody,” Princess Celestia, “do you take Prince Golden Shield to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, in sickness and health, in good times and woe, for richer or poorer, keeping yourself solely unto him for as long as you both shall live?”

“I do,” she said with the biggest smile I have ever seen.

“Prince Golden Shield, do you take Octavia Melody to be your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, in sickness and health, in good times and woe, for richer or poorer, keeping yourself solely unto her for as long as you both shall live?”

“I do,” I said.

“May we have the rings please?”

Spike came forward with the rings. Octavia and I each took a ring from him. I went first, taking Octavia’s left hand and put a ring on her finger. She then took my hand and put a ring on my finger.

“If there is anypony who objects to this union, let them speak now or forever hold their peace.”

Out of the corner of my eye, I think I saw the blue devil stand up. My first question is how he even got in here. After what he did to Octavia, there was no way that he would be allowed in here. He must have snuck in sometime before the ceremony. Then my mind started to wonder to what he might say. Something about how Octavia was the love of his life and he would probably offer me some sum of money, which he doesn’t have, to buy Octavia’s love from me. I knew everything was going to be fine when I looked at Octavia. Without moving her head, she was able to give Blueblood the deadliest look she has ever given anypony ever. I like to think a pain shot throughout his entire body.

“Then I now pronounce you mare and colt. You may kiss the bride.”

I held Octavia close to me and kissed her. The guests applauded and we broke our kiss. We then walked down the aisle as guests applauded and threw rice in front of us. They followed us into the next room for the reception.

The reception was amazing. It started off with just a small meal and a few toasts. First was Celestia, who talked about how she was gaining a daughter. Octavia’s parents were next and they spent their time welcoming me into their family. Cadence spent her time talking about mine and her time growing up and Vinyl did the same for Octavia.

The reception then moved into the castle gardens. It wasn’t anything too big, at least not at first. There was some soft music and talking. Ponies started to dance as Concerto and his quartet started playing. Octavia and I were first, making it our first dance as a married couple. Ponies started to join us. I was in a trance while I was dancing with Octavia. To me, it felt like the rest of the world faded away and we could just stay like this forever. Octavia’s father broke me out of the trance when he asked if he could dance with his daughter. I gladly stepped aside and watched as Octavia danced with her dad from the side of the dance floor. Celestia eventually approached me and hugged me

“It was a beautiful ceremony,” She said as we let go.

“Thank you for marrying us.”

“Anything for you, you know that. I am going to miss you though.”

“What are you talking about? I’m going to be at the castle every day and you are going to be a big part of your grandkids’ lives.”

“Yes, but you belong to her now. I’m no longer the main mare in your life, but I’m okay with that. She’s a wonderful mare and she’s going to be an even greater wife and mother.”

“Before I’m officially hers, may I have this dance,” I said with a smile and putting out my hand. Celestia smiled back and took my hand.

As the reception went on, some of the older guests went back to their rooms in the castle. Vinyl took it upon herself to, and I’m using her words here, “make things more interesting”. She rolled out her mobile DJ station and started to play her music. Octavia didn’t mind, as she got what she wanted today, and I wanted to see everypony happy. Ponies started dancing almost immediately. Lucky for her, Octavia’s dress was made so she could move freely, meaning we wouldn’t miss out on the fun. Her pregnancy, however, made her feel tired, so we didn’t stay on the dance floor long. Instead, we sat next to Vinyl’s coltfriend and got to know him.

His name is Bright Night. He’s an earth pony with a pale yellow coat and back mane. He’s a bit taller than me and very skinny. Just from the small conversation, we could tell he was smart, witty, funny, and everything else Vinyl loved.

“So, what attracts you to my Vinyl?” Octavia asked.

“What do you mean ‘my Vinyl’?” He responded.

“Octavia and Vinyl are best friends forever.” I said. “Just go with it, trust me.”

“Well, just look at her. She’s just so full of confidence and energy. She makes ponies smile just by being herself. More than that, she likes to speak her mind. There aren’t a lot of mares out there that have this fear of speaking out of line, or coming off as non-feminine. That isn’t a problem for her, and that’s the thing I find most attractive about her.”

“As long as you make her happy,” Octavia said, “you’re fine with me. But if you even think about hurting her, I will skin you alive.”

“Okay, that’s probably just the pregnancy hormones acting up,” he said.

“They’re not. Vinyl means that much to her, to the both of us. You hurt her, and finding a new marefriend will be the least of your worries.”

“Have you two thought of baby names?” He asked with a twinge of fear in his voice.

“Excuse me, sweetie,” Mr. Symphony said from behind. Octavia and I turned to face him and Mrs. Strings. “We need to get going.”

“Thank you for having us,” Mrs. Strings said. “It was a beautiful ceremony and we are thrilled to see our little girl this happy.”

“Before we go,” Mr. Symphony said, “we wanted to give you your wedding present.” Mr. Symphony pulled out an envelope and handed it to Octavia.

“What is this?” Octavia asked as she opened the envelope and pulled out a paper inside.

“It’s the deed to a new house,” Mrs. Strings. “If you are going start a family, you can’t do it in that small apartment. And don’t worry, there’s enough room for Vinyl and Spitfire.”

“Thank you so much,” Octavia said. She stood up to hug her parents and I joined her soon after. We then walked them to the castle’s entrance and promised to have dinner with them when we got back from our honeymoon.

“Excuse me,” A stallion in a suit said as he approached us. “Hi, I represent the Trotney Company. On behalf of the Trotney Company, I would like thank you for your performances and congratulate you on your nuptials. I have also the pleasure to give your wedding gift. The Trotney Company would like to give you an all-expenses paid trip to Applewood and give you and your husband lifetime passes to our theme park.”

“Thank you very much,” I said. “Would you like to come in for our reception?”

“I have to say no. Again, congratulations.” The colt in the suit walked away and the two of us walked back into the castle gardens.

The reception lasted a few more hours before we had to end it, but there was one more thing we had to do. Octavia stood with her back to a few mares and threw the bouquet behind her. It somehow ended up with Twilight, which made her blush and throw it in another direction. I then picked up Octavia and kissed her one more time for our guests.

I carried her to the honeymoon suite in a secluded part of the castle. I gave her another kiss as I opened the door and carried her over the banister.

“Mrs. Golden Shield,” I said.

“Mr. Octavia Melody,” she said with another smile.

Octavia pulled me into another kiss and I was happy.

Author's Note:

First, let me say I'm sorry for that last chapter. I'm glad I got certain responses and thank you guys for showing concern.

Thank you guys for reading and I hope you enjoyed it. It was a ton of fun writing it, and a chapter I have been planning for a long time.

A few special thank yous. First my editors. If you ever thought that some part was better than usual, then it's because of my editors. You guys are awesome. Second, we_the_ponies. This person came up with the idea for twins and Ebony Shield's look. Thanks to shine for Mystery Melody's look and name (although Mystery was originally going to be a colt and an earth pony, but thanks still).

Happy holidays and I'll see you after the new year.