• Published 4th Aug 2013
  • 422 Views, 2 Comments

Neither Day or Night /volume 1 - MoonSketch



Dusk isn't like any other pony for she is only half of one the other is best remained secret but when a familiar evil arises it lays squarely on her shoulders to save Equestria but at the cost of showing herself to the world

  • ...
 2
 422

The Water chapter 7

I woke up with sound of a bird screeching, who knows what it was. But there I was little old me, under an everfree with no clue of how to get back to Zecora's hut. I wasn't even sure if Zecora was alright I hope she was or maybe I would of been alone forever. I sighed, once again I looked around hoping to find some sort of clue but of course there was none so I just wandered of in whatever direction I felt like going.
After a few hours of walking I started to feel hungry so I looked around but other than unknown plants there was nothing.

"Ooh, the one time I actually need help in finding my way out of something nobody is there to help, Horseapples!"
I yelled in frustration. I sat down and starred at the fern in front of me or at least I thought it was a fern.
I once again looked around and I saw a cliff just west of where I was, so I tried to find my way to it cause if I climb it I could probably see where Zecora's hut was!
Even though my leg was injured I continued my way to it and when I finally reached it there was a huge cave entrance, my curiosity got to me and I went in. It was dark at first but then I saw a whole hoard of gems,
And that meant: dragons.

I started to smelled like fire wood and it was coming from right behind me,
"WHY ARE YOU IN MY CAVE!!?" roared a green dragon
"I-I..." I stuttered as I saw the ferocious dragon behind me
"DID YOU PLAN TO STEAL MR GEMS!!?"
"N-no! I-I just came in hear c-cause I was curious!"
"LIES!!! YOU CAME TO STEAL MY GEMS FOR YOUR PESKY LITTLE NEEDS!!"
even more smoke started to come from his nose. He was preparing to attack so I tried making a water barrier with the puddle that was near me but for some reason I couldn't grasp the water in fact I felt no magic at all instead I felt something different I felt something burning inside of me, it felt like magic yet it wasn't...
Even so it was an emergency so I grasped that fire inside of me and led it to my horn and I started to see green sparks coming from my horn.
The green dragon attacked and I just shut my eyes and let the fire take control, all I felt was a chill.
When I opened my eyes again the dragon was shaking it's head in recovery, it had a huge black spot on his nose
"YOU WILL PAY!!!" it roared in rage as it it got up
Now I had nothing to defend myself with, I couldn't feel that strange fire anymore and I couldn't reach my magic.
I took a step back, I splashed in the puddle and the I felt something come around me, it was the water. Suddenly I got submerged into the water, all I saw were bubbles and a transparent pony swim in front of me then I closed my eyes.

***

I suddenly opened my eyes and in front of me I saw Zecora
"Zecora? How did I get here?"
"Are you alright? For it was quite a fright when I saw you unconscious at the pond." Zecora brushed my mane gently and smiled. I smiled back and gave her a hug. I saw some bandages around her neck
"Are you ok Zecora? I'm sorry for leaving you behind like that... I should of stayed and helped you fight!" I felt guilty when I said that, I've always been a burden to her or at least that was what I felt.
I explained to her what happened and she said that she just found me unconscious at the pond.
As she was explaining to me what happened to her at the timber wolf attack, I recalled my memories that I was defiantly in the ferocious dragon's cave getting ready to be killed by the dragon but then I remembered that I stepped into the puddle and I drowned? Yet even though I clearly remember drowning in a puddle which made no sense I was still alive how did I do it? I asked myself

After I chatted a little bit more with Zecora I went to the pond where she found me the day before, I starred at the water for a while but I couldn't see anything unusual, so I put my holed hoof in it and moved it around and I still couldn't feel anything wrong with the water yet I still had that feeling that something was there. After thinking about it for a while I just jumped into the pond for a little swim, that's when I felt it, I felt something that is impossible to explain in words it was like a feeling of joy, magic it was indescribable and then I heard an evil laugh of a mare in the distance it sounded rather strange so I ignored it.
I continued to swim in the pond for a few more minuets and then I went back to my home in Zecora's hut.

Huh. I never called Zecora's hut home I would just call it hut, guess I've just gotten used to this place. I wonder if I'll ever see Mom again... I can barely remember what it was like living in my old home, I hope it still there. But after I find my Mom would be able to go back home?
I looked up to the sky as I said that suddenly having a great need to be with somepony so I rushed home and gave Zecora a hug.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment