• Published 4th Aug 2013
  • 420 Views, 2 Comments

Neither Day or Night /volume 1 - MoonSketch



Dusk isn't like any other pony for she is only half of one the other is best remained secret but when a familiar evil arises it lays squarely on her shoulders to save Equestria but at the cost of showing herself to the world

  • ...
 2
 420

Awoken chapter 2

As I regained consciousness I felt a horrible pain sear threw my body "Urggh" my eyes slowly opened revealing a wooden room with a cauldron in the middle of it

"I see you have woken,but do not feel miss tooken for you are safe here"

I turned to the sound of the voice and there I saw a very strange mare turned around, she had black stripes and her tail wasn't all fur she also didn't have a colorful cutie mark but I knew I that I've seen this type of pony somewhere.

"Wh- who are you? And where am I?"
I asked she turned around and looked at me for awhile then she approached me

"I am Zecora and you are in my in my home which you are allowed to roam"

My brain then started to function and I remembered where I've seen her, she was a zebra
"Your a Zebra aren't you?"

she smiled at me and said

"I am a Zebra but you are only half pony and many would laugh"

"I know..."
I frowned and lowered my head

"But do not worry for your mother left a note that it would be better if one took care of you"
as when I heard those my ears perked up
"Can I read the note?"
the zebra nodded and went to my saddle bags which were across the room, she then handed it to me
and I read it out loud

"Dear Dusk I sneaked some stuff in your bags while you were sleeping. I knew this moment was going to come and
I hope your safe sweetie... I heard there was somepony living in the Everfree forest so go find that somepony Dusk, give her/him this note so she/he can understand the outcome.
To that somepony please take care of Dusk, please raise her well, I know she is part changeling part pony but even if she is, she has a very nice personality and she means no harm. Please I beg of her put your differences aside and take care of her.
Dusk I love you so much and I'm going to miss you, I put a picture of us in your bags. "

Tears were swelling in my eyes and i hugged the piece of paper. Zecora petted me
"Don't worry I'll take care of you for that mare"
I looked up to her and hugged her instead, she seemed surprised to my action but she smiled at me and continued petting me.

After that sad moment Zecora went to a shelf that was filled with bottle's she grabbed one of them and put a little bit of the contents inside the big black cauldron, she soon started putting a whole bunch of other stuff.
After she put all the ingredients in the cauldron she stirred with a big spoon, then she served it into a bowl and handed it to me
"Drink, it will fill you with protein to help your healing so it will no longer sting"

This Zebra likes to make things rhyme doesn't she? I thought as I drank the potion, I quickly finished it and I gave it back.
"Rest" she told me as she walked to a sink were she left the bowl.
I listened to her advice so I laid my head on what appeared to be a bed but I didn't feel like sleeping so I looked at my battered body and noticed a bandage on my left wing
"Zecora I didn't break a wing did I?"
she turned around and answered my question by a simple nod, I frowned and thought My body may be as good as new in a few weeks but my wing is going to take forever... I should of at least tried gliding. I remembered the events of the past night and closed my eyes, I soon fell asleep.

***

It's been a few weeks since my encounter with Zecora and just as I predicted my body was great but my left wing wasn't.
I was laying down beside Zecora's bed and sighed
"Zecora can't I help you make the bed? It's my bed after all"

I stood up and looked at Zecora as she walked to the door
and sighed
"Very well but do not wonder around yonder"
I rolled my eyes "You don't have to make everything rhyme you know" I walked up next to her.
We were soon pretty deep in the Everfree forest and we soon reached a clearing were there was a very fluffly pink pony standing in the middle of it.
"This is Fluffle Puff she will be able to give material to make your bed"
We walked up to the pony and she turned to see us. She wasn't surprised at all to see us actually she didn't do anything else but smile.
out of nowhere she took out a big bag and handed it to Zecora "Pffhht" she said
"Thank you" responded Zecora, we then turned around and walked away but as we did I turned around to see that it jumped into some kind of portal that said Tumblr in big white letters

"Hey Zecora were did Fluffle Puff go?" I asked
"It's a mystery" Zecora answered
When we got back to the hut Zecora pulled out a large basket and put all the contents that the bag had, which was pink fluff.
"You will sleep hear so you can count your sheep"
I touched the fluff in the basket seeing how soft it was, I looked at Zecora with a smile.

I looked out the window watching the sun set, for whatever reason I always enjoyed watching the sun set so I just stared at it for hours until it finally went under the horizon.
"it's bedtime so I'll see you at daytime" Zecora went over to her bed which I used to sleep in, I too went to bed.
"night" I said as I closed my eyes.

Author's Note:

Sorry if Zecora's sentences sometimes don't make sense and some of the words are grammatically incorrect but I'm not the greatest at rhymes so please bear with me.
Also if you don't think some things don't rhyme say them out loud.
Liked my reference?