• Published 2nd Aug 2013
  • 896 Views, 10 Comments

Braveheart - BraveheartStudios



Braveheart has became a pony, and doesn't know why! Join him as he makes his way through Equestria, meeting countless ponies along the way, and even maybe a little love.

  • ...
7
 10
 896

Past Reality

Twilight slowly opened her eyes. It took her a minute to take in all this at once. Just a second ago she was inside Princess Luna's bedroom, but now she's... She didn't even know where she was. The room was dark. The walls looked damp. Cobwebs hung in every corner of room. She tried to walk forward, but couldn't. She looked down to her hooves to realize that they've been bound to the floor by ropes. She tried to pull her hooves out, but the ropes were to strong. She closed her eyes and her horn started to glow. A second later, a short, purple laser shot out from the horn and hit the rope. She tried to pull away again, but the rope looked as if it hadn't been touched. Twilight looked across the dark room once again.

"Hello?" Twilight called out. Her voice echoed throughout the room. "Princess Celestia? Anypony?"

There was no answer. Twilight hung her head down. A tear started to run down her cheek.

"No pony can hear you." a voice responded.

Twilight's eyes widened. It was that voice. The old mare's voice.

"You. Who are you and why did you bring me here?" Twilight yelled at the voice.

"Oh Twilight. Didn't you hear me last time? I don't need you for anything except getting Braveheart here." the voice answered.

"Didn't you hear me? I told you not to hurt him."

"Don't worry Twilight. I'm not going to hurt him. I just need him out of the way for my plans."

"What do you mean?" Twilight asked confused.

"Your little friend has an amazing power that even I can't compete with. All I'm going to do is send him back." the mare said.

"Send him back? Back where?"

"To his own world of course. He doesn't belong here, and you know that."

Twilight was silent for a moment. She did know that. Braveheart wasn't a pony and he was never meant to be. But it doesn't matter to her. Braveheart was her friend and he always will be. Pony or not.

"No. You're wrong. Braveheart may not have been a pony from the start, but no pony doesn't belong anywhere. Braveheart has been my friend for a very long time and there is no pony that can take that away, and not even you can take Braveheart away at all!" Twilight screamed.

"Oh Twilight. Just wake up already. Once you do, everything will be back to normal. No Braveheart. None of this. Just wake up."

Suddenly there was a loud noise ringing in Twilight's ears. She saw something at the end of the room. A little blue dot. Over a few seconds, the dot grew bigger and bigger. That's when Twilight realized that the dot wasn't getting bigger, it was coming at her. Twilight closed her eyes and waited for the impact of the end.


Twilight instantly shot up. She looked around and was completely confused. Books by the window. Papers scattered along the floor. A tiny bed across from her. She was in her bedroom back in Ponyville. But... how could this happen? Did she get teleported? No, no unicorn's magic could teleport that far. Not even an alicorn. She heard a knock at the door. The door slowly opened.

"Twilight?" Spike said peeking his head in. "You up yet?"

"Sp-Spike?" Twilight said confused.

"Oh good, you're up. I guess we better get started on that list then." Spike said coming into the room.

He walked across the room towards the window. Once there, he picked up a rolled up piece of paper that was lying next to a book. He unrolled and picked up a pencil that was near by.

"Alrighty, lets get started." he said.

"Spike wait!" Twilight said hopping out of her bed.

Spike looked up from the list at her.

"What is it?" he asked her.

"What month is it?" Twilight asked him.

"Umm... August." Spike asked. His voice sounded even more confused then Twilight was.

That wasn't right. It was the middle of February.

"What's the date?" she asked him.

"The 23rd." Spike answered.

'The 23rd?' Twilight thought to herself. 'This is the day after mine and Spike's one year anniversary of coming to Ponyville. This is the day I met Braveheart.'

"Uh, Twilight. I think you partied a little bit too much last night." Spike said interrupting her thoughts.

"What, no! That party was months ago Spike." Twilight said.

"I think you need a bit more rest Twilight." Spike said as he started to push Twilight back towards her bed.

"Spike, where's Braveheart?"

Spike stopped and looked up at her.

"Who?" he asked.

"Braveheart. Our friend." Twilight answered him.

"Yeah, you definitely need more sleep." Spike said.

He started to push her back towards the bed. Twilight spun around him and ran out the bedroom door.

"Twilight wait!" Spike shouted at her.

But Twilight was already down the stairs. She burst through the door and started to run full speed through the town. Something wasn't right. Why didn't Spike know who Braveheart was? Twilight had a crazy feeling, and she didn't like it one bit.


"Rainbow Dash?" Twilight called up to Rainbow Dash's house.

She was out of breath. She ran, non stop, from the library to Rainbow's house. She didn't know what was wrong with Spike, but Rainbow Dash had to know where, or even who, Braveheart was.

"Rainbow Dash? Are you home?" Twilight called again.

Then the pegasus's head popped up from the cloud.

"Oh, hey Twilight." Rainbow started. "Some party last night. It was so awesome. We should definitely..."

"Rainbow, where's Braveheart?" Twilight asked interrupting her.

"Where's who now?" Rainbow asked confused.

"Rainbow stop messing around. You and I both know who Braveheart is. He lives with you for crying out loud!" Twilight shouted, now getting frustrated.

"Um, Twilight, everypony knows that I live alone. Well, except for Tank of course, but there is no other pony that lives with me. Who is this 'Braveheart' anyway?"

"Gaaah! Forget it!" Twilight yelled.

She turned away and started to run back.

"Hm, weird." Rainbow said.


Twilight was coming up to Sugarcube Corner. Pinkie Pie was her only hope. She knew everypony. She has to know Braveheart. Twilight had no idea what was going on. First Spike, now Rainbow Dash. What's happening? Twilight was running out of options. She was hoping that Pinkie Pie would tell her something useful. If not, then... She didn't even want to think of what she would do. She walked up the steps of Sugarcube Corner. She pushed the door open to be met by Applejack, Fluttershy, Rarity, and Pinkie Pie. All sitting at a table, talking and laughing. Twilight started to walk towards them. This was good. Now she could ask them all about Braveheart. Surely not all of them could be in on the joke that she was being played on. Rarity noticed Twilight first.

"Oh, Twilight." she called out to her.

The rest of the ponies turned and greeted Twilight with a smile. Twilight sat down with them.

"How ya doing sugarcube?" Applejack asked her.

"I don't know yet." Twilight answered.

"Oh, is something that matter?" Fluttershy asked.

"Is something the matter? Is something the matter!?" Twilight repeated.

"Um...yes?" Fluttershy said.

"Of course something's the matter. Spike and Rainbow Dash are playing some kind of joke on me and it's making me very angry."

"Ooooo! I love jokes. What is it about?" Pinkie Pie asked all excited.

"They're acting as if they don't know who Braveheart is." Twilight answered.

The four ponies looked at each other and back at Twilight.

"Um, who?" Fluttershy asked.

Twilight looked up shocked. How? How couldn't they know who Braveheart is either? Twilight stood up and put one hoof on the table.

"No! Stop it! Please! All of you are starting to scare me! I know that you guys know who Braveheart is, so just stop!" Twilight screamed throughout the restaurant.

Other ponies started to stare at her. Applejack got up and walked towards Twilight.

"Twilight, are you alright? You seem a little bit... weird." Applejack said, struggling to get the right words out.

"I'm acting weird. All of you are acting weird. How don't you know Braveheart, our friend?"

"Twilight, I know everypony in Ponyville, and there isn't a pony named Braveheart." Pinkie Pie said.

"No, you're all lying!" Twilight shouted.

She then turned and ran out the restaurant. Applejack was about to go after her, but she was already out the door.

"What do you suppose that was all about?" Rarity asked.


Twilight ran out of the train station in Canterlot. Ponies moved out of her way as she ran through the city. Twilight needed help. And only Princess Celestia could help her. She was there when Twilight found Braveheart. She had to know something about him. She was coming up on the castle. 'This is it' Twilight thought to herself. She burst through the castle doors, ignoring the two colts standing guard. She rushed through the castle hallways. Light streamed in through the windows as the sun was setting. She ran passed the windows and down the hallway as fast as possible. She glanced out the last window and ran by it, but she instantly stopped in her tracks. She was completely shocked. She slowly walked back to the window, just hoping that what she saw wasn't there. She looked out the window and saw nothing, just what she was afraid of. From the window she could she the Canterlot Garden. It was perfectly fine. There was no crater where Braveheart had landed. Everything was just like the way it was. Twilight was beyond scared now, she was absolutely terrified. She continued down the hallways as fast as her hooves could carry her. She could see the throne room doors. 'Oh please.' Twilight thought to herself. 'Please.' She burst through the doors and saw Celestia sitting at her throne, writing something on a piece of paper. She looked up at her and smiled.

"Why hello Twilight. What brings you to Canterlot at this hour?" Celestia asked.

Twilight walked down the red carpet towards the princess.

"Princess Celestia, I need your help." Twilight said.

"Oh, what is it my dear?" Celestia asked as she got up out of her throne and met Twilight on the carpet.

"I need you to help me find Braveheart." Twilight answered.

The princess looked at her for a moment. Twilight looked up at her. Twilight was afraid of what was going to come out of her mouth, but something already told her what the princess was going to say.

"Who is this 'Braveheart'?" the princess asked.

Just as Twilight had feared. There was absolutely no pony that knew who Braveheart was. No pony, except her. A tear started to run down Twilight's cheek, but she wiped it off immediately.

"No..." Twilight started.

"No what?" Princess Celestia said confused.

"You're lying."

"Excuse me?" Celestia asked shocked.

"Princess Celestia, you know that I admire you and I have all respect for you, but I just can't believe you. Braveheart is my friend. You were with me when he crashed into the garden. You assigned him to me so that I can teach him how to be a pony. You..." But Twilight was stopped by the sound of doors being opened.

"Sorry I'm late." a mare's voiced said.

"It's alright. Just go ahead and take your shift." Princess Celestia responded to the mare.

"Oh, hello Twilight."

Twilight slowly turned her head around. What she saw made her gasp and her eyes widen. A blue Pegasus was flying toward her, but this mare had a horn too. An alicorn. It...it was Princess Luna.

"No." Twilight said.

Twilight slowly started to back away from both of them. Luna landed next to Celestia. She looked just as confused as Celestia.

"Twilight, what is it?" Celestia asked.

"You're not supposed to be here." Twilight said, looking at Princess Luna.

"Whatever do you mean?" Luna asked.

"No. You're sick. You're supposed to be in your room. No, wait, you vanished. We didn't know where you went. Why are you here?" Twilight said, starting to raise her voice.

"Sister, is there something wrong with Twilight?" Luna asked, looking at Celestia.

"I don't know. Twilight, come with me. I think a good night rest will help you get your mind straight."

Princess Celestia was about to put her hoof around Twilight until Twilight started to run away.

"Twilight wait!" Luna yelled.

"Let her go." Celestia said. "This is something she has to deal with on her own."

Twilight ran back through the castle, not sure what to make of anything. She got out of the castle much quicker than she realized. She was now crying. She closed her eyes as she ran through Canterlot. Many thoughts were running through her head. She didn't know what was happening. She didn't want to accept it, but it seemed as if Braveheart had disappeared. No, that wasn't it. Braveheart hadn't even existed at all. She looked up to see that she was running towards the Canterlot fountain. She slowed down as she approached it. She leaned in and looked at the water. Her eyes widened. She saw Braveheart looking up at her.

"B-Braveheart?" she said.

She reached her hoof into the water and touched it. The water rippled away and she saw her own reflection. Twilight closed her eyes again. Tears started to come out again, and Twilight let them. That's all she wanted to do now was cry. Braveheart would've been there to comfort her, but he's gone. Everything about him was gone, except for her memories of him. No pony knows him or knows of him. It seems as if their friendship has just faded into oblivion. The only thing Twilight did was stare at her reflection, thinking back to all the times she had with Braveheart. All though there were ponies around that she knew, and ones that she could talk to about anything, this is the one time that Twilight truly felt alone.

Comments ( 2 )

They may take our lives, but they will never make me stay....A PONY!!!!

Seriously, why isn't this about THAT Braveheart? Kinda misleading....

3724068 of course Braveheart is my OC, but and this story is about me, it's just this certain chapter isn't from my own perspective. And if you don't like the way the chapter is given then don't read it at all.

Login or register to comment